RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wizard

Brendan Rodgers on Sigurdsson: "I knew what the market was & I wasn't prepared to pay anything over what I agreed to pay before." "I believed playing football will be most important to him but obviously it was important financially."

He really is playing up to the Kop delusion mentality.
Yeah you are dead right here, but watch the media, Match of the Day etc. run with it. I bet you now Sigurdsson will be labled as greedy or money grabbing. If thats the case they should be doing the same with Nasri, Hazard, RvP etc, but I won't be holding my breath on that... :)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
A short conversation with Gylfi and you'll see that he probably doesn't even know the details of his contract. He's in it for the football. It's been his aim to play in this league since he was 10 years old and he has succeeded in his goals. He specifically mentioned the wing play of Lennon and Bale. Now compare that to Downing and no one on the right at Liverpool. Very easy decision to make.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Not so much RAWK, but still.

June 16 - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Sigurdsson is a great signing, 22 years old, 18 appearances, 7 goals and 4 assists from midfield for Swansea last season.

15 minutes ago - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Glad the Sigurdsson saga is over now, he was hyped up for weeks but reality is 99% of us didn't know who he was before Swansea loan.
:lol:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Brendan Rodgers on Sigurdsson: "I knew what the market was & I wasn't prepared to pay anything over what I agreed to pay before." "I believed playing football will be most important to him but obviously it was important financially."

He really is playing up to the Kop delusion mentality.
What a pathetic statement to make :rolleyes:

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
"Gylfi Þór Sigurðsson to Liverpool (no Spurs talk)"

Is their Sigurdsson thread. "no Spurs talk"...

fecking bell-ends.

Last season we wanted a young Centre-back. We went for Phil Jones, who was the obvious choice and looked fantastic, but snubbed us in favour of United.

We ended up with Coates, who I think has probably performed at a consistently higher level than Jones all season (although obviously with less games) and we payed far less for him.
How on fecking earth could you even begin to consider this?... :houllier:

If he is indeed off to Spurs, can't blame him. If I a choice between the Mancs and Spurs, I'd choose Spurs too. Also Spurs are better than us at the minute anyway.
LOL this thread is a gold mine! Were we even in for him?? :lol::houllier:

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Not so much RAWK, but still.

June 16 - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Sigurdsson is a great signing, 22 years old, 18 appearances, 7 goals and 4 assists from midfield for Swansea last season.

15 minutes ago - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Glad the Sigurdsson saga is over now, he was hyped up for weeks but reality is 99% of us didn't know who he was before Swansea loan.

Sonny Feehan

They're at it again

It Turns Out Liverpool Are Better Than Spurs (Despite The 17-Point Difference)
With Sigurdsson choosing Spurs over Liverpool, supposedly for footballing reasons, it made me wonder whether Spurs really are a better side than Liverpool now. Yes, I understand some people may say that he went for the money, but lets assume that what he said was the truth. Personally, I would think the two clubs pretty even in terms of team and player quality, and I reckon the difference in last seasons' performances were just due to a similar quality of new signing (Adebayor v Carroll, Parker v Downing/Henderson) settling in quicker at Spurs than they did at Liverpool, adding to the cohesion of the side, and the fact that before the season, Liverpool had higher expectations than Spurs, allowing Spurs to play with more freedom (we saw what happened when the pressure went on Spurs).

Oh yes, and Lucas/Gerrard were out for much of the season for Liverpool.

Anyway, since it's Friday, I thought I'd compose a Spurs/Liverpool XI to see if one team does dominate, and therefore has more world-class players, as Sigurdsson has suggested.

GK: REINA. I don't really think that people would have many qualms with this, do they?

RB: JOHNSON. He continually gets picked ahead of Walker for England, did a superb job for England in the world cup (I'd say he was one of England's three or four best, along with Gerrard, Terry and Cole), and has been pretty good for Liverpool.

CB (ball-playing CB, so I suppose Agger/King/Dawson??): AGGER. Again he was superb for Denmark in the World Cup, and I don't think there can really be many complaints.

CB (brute): SKRTEL. He had a fantastic season for Liverpool, was supposedly being courted by the likes of City (which Kaboul isn't). Though if you want to pick Kaboul, fine, he had a good season too.

LB: Can't decide. I'd pick Enrique, after his first half of the season (and because I'm a Liverpool fan). You'd pick BAE if you were a Spurs fan. Marginal call, so I'll call it a TIE.

RM: LENNON. Do Liverpool have a real right midfielder? Lennon is far better out wide than Henderson/Maxi anyway. Don't know why I'm bothering to comment.

CM (CDM): Hmmm. I really would prefer Lucas as a Liverpool fan, he can screen an entire back four, break up play superbly, and passes well. Though Spurs fans may think Parker is a better fit for their team, so I might be slightly generous to Spurs fans and call a TIE.

CM (Play-maker): Again, hmmm. I'd argue that Gerrard at the peak of his powers will do more damage than Modric, and single-handedly, though Modric is possibly the better player over a league season (and he's less injury prone and younger). Perhaps Modric just about shades this one, so I could be slightly generous to Liverpool and call this a TIE, or you could go for MODRIC. Your choice, really.

LM: BALE. Though Downing isn't all that bad, honest. But he doesn't compare to Bale last season.

SS (Suarez v VDV): SUAREZ. I know Rafa is a good player, but I don't think there can be many complaints about this from Spurs fans. One player is one of the star performers in the team ranked third in the world and won the Copa America, the other can't get into a side that got 0 points in 3 games in the EUROs.

CF: CARROLL. Not sure who he's up against, really. Defoe? Currently Carroll is playing better than Adebayor anyway, even if he signs, and long term he will be better.

So the only place Spurs have real dominance is out wide. Liverpool shades the centre-backs and full-backs, and has a better front two and back...one also. The two centre midfielders are of pretty similar quality, so Liverpool were pretty unfortunate their two first-choice centre midfielders were out for most of last season.

This leads to one of the problems Brendan Rodgers faces: he's inherited a squad that just came eighth, but other than out wide right (and wide left, if you're a Downing hater), there aren't many places in which serious improvements are needed, or where many Premier League teams have better players. The challenge for him is just to get Liverpool functioning better as a team.
Alex, LFC (in hindsight that's a bit long, so it's okay if you don't post it I guess)

KGBhoy

Great read. Came eighth, but no serious improvements are needed :)

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I often think I should register on RAWK and do a bit of wumming in terms of building their team up before the season starts.. But I just couldnt do a better job than their own supporters. Im just going to sit back and wait for the annual comparison with our squad and the usual delusion that they will finish ahead of us.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Lucas is apparently beter then Khedira.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I often think I should register on RAWK and do a bit of wumming in terms of building their team up before the season starts.. But I just couldnt do a better job than their own supporters. Im just going to sit back and wait for the annual comparison with our squad and the usual delusion that they will finish ahead of us.
Their wum radars are in overdrive, you'd be banned within seconds.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol: the site says 'no copying' despite the fact you can just drag the picture to your desktop and upload it somewhere else if oyu feel like it.

Wankers :lol:

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Probably the same thing we were thinking with Fred the Red. Something silly/cartoonish to get the kids on board.
Yeah, lets not get too carried away. Fred the red in a tablecloth is enough to terrorize any youngster.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Liverpool FC Manager Brendan Rodgers welcomes players to pre-season training

SteveJ

Scout
It's better than their new 3rd kit, to be fair.

Revan

Assumptionman
fecking hell, Gerrard in tie with Modric and Carroll better than Adebayor.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I normally do not get involved in this thread but I saw this on SS website comments section in relation to rumours of Carroll going on loan to AC Milan

saladinbob says July 10, 2012 10:27am
I'm becoming sick of Milan treating us like a rent-a-player. We need to raise money to afford the overhaul that the squad so desperately needs so if Carroll doesn't fit in the plans then sell him for whatever we can get. It will all be pure profit no matter what he goes for (remember that £35 mill was paid out of the $50 mill received for Torres) and we can use that money to buy some much needed quality.

SteveJ

Scout
That's nothing - one poster wrote that he didn't want Pato in exchange for Carroll. Liverpool would be lucky to get Paxo for him, let alone Pato...

Status
Not open for further replies.