RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I like how we have no chance of finishing above Arsenal despite only finishing 5 points behind them last season.
I think they're trying to convince themselves we're not really that much better.

Green_Red

I think they're trying to convince themselves we're not really that much better.
Its going to be an interesting season for Brenton and the boys.. I seriously think if they fail to get top 4 this year they will implode completely.. cant wait!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Why is Can being used as a point of reference? He wasn't that good before he joined Liverpool, and he's bang average now. Congratulations on remaining a totally unremarkable player in two leagues.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9910266/Bastian-Schweinsteiger-past-his-best-says-Jamie-Carragher

Schweinsteiger 'past his best'

Jamie Carragher has questioned Manchester United's signing of Bastian Schweinsteiger and feels the player is "past his best".

Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirmed on Saturday that a deal has been done to take the 30-year-old for Old Trafford.

But Sky Sports pundit and former Liverpool defender Carragher is unsure how good the transfer will actually be and also feels the potential exit of goalkeeper David de Gea would mean United losing their best player.

"Great player but at BM (Bayern Munich) he found it difficult to play alongside (Xabi) Alonso be interesting to see how he & (Michael) Carrick works," he wrote on Twitter.

The comment prompted a response that Carragher was bitter, to which he replied: "You joking? losing your best player (De Gea) & now signing a player past his best I couldn't be happier!"

He then went on to say: "I make a tactical point & get abuse from Man Utd fans! They don't understand tactics."

However, the wider reaction to the signing on Twitter was positive with former England international striker Gary Lineker saying: "Great signing by Manchester United. In @BSchweinsteiger they've bought themselves both a brilliant footballer and experience."

Former United player Danny Higginbotham said: "You can never have enough leaders in a team. @ManUtd had so many for so long but over recent years not enough. Priority I'm sure

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Latest form North Korea:

Back to shitting ourselves over United again I see
Yeah, a whole year of finishing ahead of us.

I'll remind you of the absolute euphoria you Mancs were rolling around with last summer over Di Maria and Falcoa. What class players they were. ( at least elsewhere).

Remind me how their performances were for the course of the season?

Bastain will have some good moments and the good odd match. He won't be your savior week in and week out.
I agree this could be Falcao MkII for them.
Falcao comparisons already, based on jack shit as ever.

Truedevil

They can have Schweinsteiger. He's a squad player.

Great player in the past. Sure he'll have the good odd match for United.

But he'll be 31 the first month of the season. He comes to a faster paced league, ask Emre Can who has a lot more pace than Bastain. It's a more physical league, again ask Emre.

He comes with two bad ankles, to a league where tackles aren't as punished.

He comes to a league with no winter break, so he won't have those extra couple weeks to recuperate.

And he'll be managed by the Dutch Sam Allardyce...

I'm not that worried about him.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'm sure he'd ask Can if he wanted to know how it feels to be an average player, playing for an average team who won't play Champions League football.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
What is that 'bye bye' smiley (emoticon) all about really? Is it like make a sarcy statement bye bye i won the crap nonsense argument? Or is it bye bye daddy you truly are a scouse cnut because I'm just born and you can't be arsed hanging around to pay for my ma's child benefits..I'm confused someone please fill me in!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
What is that 'bye bye' smiley (emoticon) all about really? Is it like make a sarcy statement bye bye i won the crap nonsense argument? Or is it bye bye daddy you truly are a scouse cnut because I'm just born and you can't be arsed hanging around to pay for my ma's child benefits..I'm confused someone please fill me in!
I think it means they've finished their post and now they're off to sign on.

ChaddyP

Latest form North Korea:

Yeah, a whole year of finishing ahead of us.

Falcao comparisons already, based on jack shit as ever.
you didnt have to go to RAWK for that...those type of posts are right here being said by our own posters :rolleyes:

Trizy

I'm absolutely delighted they've signed Schweinsteiger. The worry was they would get someone like Gundogan - a young player who could go on to be a legend for them. Bayern didn't want to sell him but he wasn't crucial to them and United made an extravagant offer for him*. Make no mistake, Schweini is in Manchester on Bayern's terms not United's**. He had a poor season last year*** and there is no evidence to suggest he is over his ankle troubles. If he had performed upto his usual standards last year, he'd still be at Bayern, I have no doubts.
*£14m is extravagant?
**Bayern didn't want to keep him?
***I could've sworn he won the world cup.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Schweinsteiger probably has less tackles and interceptions because Bayern are so superior he didn't have to make them.

Trizy

Schweinsteiger probably has less tackles and interceptions because Bayern are so superior he didn't have to make them.
Of course, Liverpool's defense was so bad last year if you or I stood in midfield in front of their back 4 we'd have built up some nice stats.

Try telling them that though :rolleyes:

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Notice how it's set to total rather than per 90 minutes too, they basically picked the only ones he's ahead on. Not that anyone with a brain thinks Allen's anywhere near as good, but Squawka's comparison matrix shows that on stats such as total score, forward passes, successful passes, key passes, assists, chances created, goals scored, shot accuracy, successful take ons, aerial duels won, blocks and defensive errors he's comfortably better.

Irrational.

*£14m is extravagant?
**Bayern didn't want to keep him?
***I could've sworn he won the world cup.
'Absolutely delighted' that we're signing a world cup winner with more experience of winning than Welsh Xavi (Allo), Stevie Geordie (Hendo), Lucas Leaveit (Leavo), Emre Zidane (Cano) and Milneymar (Milno) combined. :lol:

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
A RAWKite said:
They apparently want a defender and a striker. Otamendi and Lacazette apparently.
Another RAWKite said:
Good luck to them. That'll be a new GK, RB, CB, 2x CM a winger & a striker. 7 new first teamers, all but 1 from different leagues, different languages, styles, etc.

They probably will go on to become a force again, that's inevitable, but it'll cost them close to £500m. They must feel really proud of that achievement.
Man United - ruining football since 1992.

:lol:

pacifictheme

Man United - ruining football since 1992.

:lol:
I just read the whole of that page. Page 660. First time skulking on rawk. Mixed in with a couple of really bitter gimps were quite a few fans who sounds like they've been completely broken this weekend thanks to woody (delicious) but also a fair few rawkers who seemed alright, saying fair dos.

One chap even says they're to blame for fecking up the 90s while we got mega rich. Great stuff, wiuld read again.

In short though, a lot of them seem normal. 660 though. More than double this thread. Very obsessed.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger. Are they trying to have the build the slowest midfield ever?
Must be nice to be in a position where you can spend £300m net in 12 months and still be in no danger of FFP because you are so rich in terms of the income you generate.
To answer your rhetoric, yes, it's a genuinely wonderful feeling. I'm elated right now.

who are going to score the goals now they only have Rooney as a senior striker?
Just popping this one here so we can laugh at him when we sign Messi and Ronaldo. And Muller.

itso 7

I just read the whole of that page. Page 660. First time skulking on rawk. Mixed in with a couple of really bitter gimps were quite a few fans who sounds like they've been completely broken this weekend thanks to woody (delicious) but also a fair few rawkers who seemed alright, saying fair dos.

One chap even says they're to blame for fecking up the 90s while we got mega rich. Great stuff, wiuld read again.

In short though, a lot of them seem normal. 660 though. More than double this thread. Very obsessed.
A couple seemed to know their stuff and some genuinely rate Carrick but the bitterness and the fear was apparent.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
To answer your rhetoric, yes, it's a genuinely wonderful feeling. I'm elated right now.

Just popping this one here so we can laugh at him when we sign Messi and Ronaldo. And Muller.
Feels like a constant orgasm at the moment. I think when schneiderlin was announced i reached a state of Tantra.