RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
March
Bournemouth H (4th March)
Southampton A (12th March)
Middlesborough A (19th March)

I can't see them making top 4. I think they will only get 3-4 points from March and it will carry over to April.

Trizy

They're a weird bunch. Looking on social media they're more worried and proud of being above United. Which would make since if they were 1st but they're fecking 5th :lol:.

Small time club, nothing to win so they turn their attention to us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We haven't lost since October and that was to Chelsea, who are they expecting us to lose to there?

montpelier

tbh, I think I hate them even more now they've actually won a League game in 2017

If their best hope against us is to sit tight in two banks of four and counter, they should be scared. Very scared.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Even without the spending power of Man Utd, he (Wenger) would constantly run them so close and beat them on a few occasions. To be a chequebook manager ala Mourinho is a mere triviality compared to actually shrewdly building a club up to become a superclub. I very much doubt Fergie or Mourinho could ever have done what he's done at Arsenal, certainly not with the limited budgets he built his teams on.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Delusional as per. The spine of the 2010/11 winning side with players like VDS, Vidic, Carrick, Giggs and Hernandez was done on very limited money. Yes there was Berba, Rio and players like that but Arsene has thrown money about too and not done well. The reason he can't win the league is because he can't build a team like Fergsuon, many of his transfer dealings have been embarrassing.

Cantona_Forever

If only Fergie had been as good as Wenger, we might enjoy CL every year (and our own UnitedFanTV).. :(

I'll sacrifice everything for United to win this "net spend" table.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fergie not being able to build a team like Wenger, it's said all the time but that's genuinely the worst comment I've seen this year. Delusion to discredit the best manager of all time.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Their mods are awful. Mini Hitlers.

They thrive on talking down to people on there - it's pathetic really.

You get more say in North Korea.
They're really sad sods. Compensating for some personal/mental issues in real life by playing the big man on an internet forum. Sad little men.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Their hatred of non-league Sutton United because they were sponsored by Sun Bets last night was pathetic and hypocritical. Do they really think anyone who writes for The Sun has anything to do with running that business? It's no different from Liverpool taking Murdoch's money from Sky.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They're a weird bunch. Looking on social media they're more worried and proud of being above United. Which would make since if they were 1st but they're fecking 5th :lol:.

Small time club, nothing to win so they turn their attention to us.
They genuinely are. My mate keeps sending me 6th place memes because they have nothing left worth thinking about it this season. I'd fecking love it if they finished 6th.

klayton88

They genuinely are. My mate keeps sending me 6th place memes because they have nothing left worth thinking about it this season. I'd fecking love it if they finished 6th.
If anybody didn't read this and say it like Keegan, question if you're even a football fan!

Sparky Rhiwabon

Why are Liverpool fans so desperate for them to finish in the top 4? Its not as if they are going to do anything in the Champions League so all it will do is distract them from winning any (more realistic) trophies. Look how Arsenal were turned over by Bayern - do Liverpool really want to put themselves through that?

shaky

Why are Liverpool fans so desperate for them to finish in the top 4? Its not as if they are going to do anything in the Champions League so all it will do is distract them from winning any (more realistic) trophies. Look how Arsenal were turned over by Bayern - do Liverpool really want to put themselves through that?
Why would they want all the extra games? Just like during every preseason, the fans always seem most confident about the team's ability when they aren't actually playing any football.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
The same reason as eveybody else does.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be fair, that sounds applicable to us. Our defence will be shown up in the Champions League against any decent team with the pace of the games. Hopefully we buy well

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They can attract players of a higher profile with Champions League football

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'm not sure how valid that argument is anymore. There was a football agent on the radio (I can't remember the name now) and the reporter was asking him what motivates players to join a certain club - their history, chance of trophies, European football, etc - the agent just interrupted him and said "the size of the cheque, only that"

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
They want the high ground of finishing above us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm not sure how valid that argument is anymore. There was a football agent on the radio (I can't remember the name now) and the reporter was asking him what motivates players to join a certain club - their history, chance of trophies, European football, etc - the agent just interrupted him and said "the size of the cheque, only that"
Yeah but if that cheque is a similar bracket to Tottenham or Arsenal then they'd presumably base their decisions on other factors, like the manager they would play under and the competitions they're involved in.

Living in Liverpool might not be as attractive as living in London (maybe I'm ignorant here as I've only visited Liverpool thrice on match days), so they need Champions League as a selling point surely.

Also I'd have thought Champions League revenues would make the wage budget a bit more elastic too.

shaky

That will be mostly true. Even if they finish top 4, it's no guarantee they will in future years, because the league is so competitive. If offered £40k a week more somewhere else, I doubt many players would choose one season playing Champions League over £2m in their pocket.

iHicksy

The above also depends on the clients of the agent. Joey Barton's agent is known scum and his clients likely of a similar ilk, that type of personality would likely be motivated by money alone. If we take someone with the mentality of Sanchez for example, it's unlikely he would move to China for 400k a week because he seems like he has a hunger for playing at the highest level. But then we look at the likes of Tevez who's primary concern seems to be money with football as a secondary consideration.

It all comes down to the personality of the footballer.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He would be a crap agent if he said anything else. His job is to squeeze out $.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Nonsense. Players want to win the competition, not simply play in it for a season. If it were the case that mere qualification was sufficient to suddenly sign a load of top players, the likes of Basel, Shakhtar Donetsk and Zenit would be full of top players.

Trizy

Champions League is worth extra money for them. They can't compete with the big clubs when it comes to money. Just like your average midtable club really.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans don't expect us to compete in the CL if we get it right? Because that's delusional.

I want to be in the CL for a solid 5 years before even contemplating competing. If that means going out at the group stage for 5 years in a row then fine by me. As long as we're in it.

Once we cement ourselves as a top four team, and we have a squad capable both in quality and depth to compete. Then yeah, we can start to take the competition seriously.

For now it's just about dem monies!