RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
I would seriously love for us to win the EL and Liverpool to miss out on top 4. :lol:

For all there piss-taking about us being 6th this year, even from our residents kopites. Oh the joys.
That would be hilarious. lol

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If Liverpool fail to Qualify for Champions League, the best player they'll be signing is Oxlade-Chamberlain!

Hojoon

This place could be goldmine tomorrow. Hopefully West Ham can get something.

Rajma

We're winning Europa League lad. Jose only lost 2 finals out of 14.
Even if you're confident, I hate seeing post like these. You can bet your life that for every such post universe works progressively on diminishing our actual chances to win that game.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
WHU have nothing to play for and am not expecting Pool to drop points tomorrow. However I'd love it if Pool fans get food poisoning the day before thei game vs Boro and Arsenal sneak in.
Arsenal Fan TV meltdown as Wenger would get a new contract and RAWK meltdown as no top 4. Also, seeing how they struggled with fitness this year without European competition, there is no way they'd be able to cope physically next season with these tactics

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Even if you're confident, I hate seeing post like these. You can bet your life that for every such post universe works progressively on diminishing our actual chances to win that game.
Yeah the Universe gives a feck what I think... :houllier:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Realistic dream scenario is Arsenal 4th (Wenger +2 years and signs two LF), Liverpool 5th, we retain our 6th place and win the Europa League.

There's not a hope in hell Liverpool will handle the Thurs-Sun schedule next season.
Thanks another thing. Thursday night football will kill Liverpool and their gengenpressing brigade next season. COME ON WEST HAM!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I would say it is just as important for us the supporters. Just read this thread to see why. Europa final last year, Gerrard's slip, van der sar pulling clean sheets out of his ass in 2009 (plus Machado), H&G, etc. 2009 still hurts for me the most, loved that team.

Even though we finish 2nd a couple of years ago it felt like shit and then Suarez left and it felt worse. We just need to end a season on a high. When was the last time we finish on a high? Maybe the 2006 FA Cup?

Just please win these two games and I will be flying all summer.

EDIT: come on you fecking Potters!!!
2007 CL Final: Runners up
2009 league: Runners up
2012 Carling Cup: Winners (we made hard work of it against pretty weak opposition)
2012 FA Cup: Runners up
2014 league: Runners up
2016 Carling Cup: Runners up
2016 Europa League: Runners up

Its easy to see why people have started to question the teams winning mentality and ability to handle pressure.
We could have won 2 PL's, 1 CL, 1 Europa, 1 FA Cup and 2 Carling Cups in the last ten years. But I'm starting to sound like an Everton fan here... we didn't win when it mattered the most.

Although we've been unfortunate to face really tough opponents in all finals, I think our mentality / confidence has taken a big knock from constantly fallen short.

Its understandable that people are terrified heading into these last 2 games. We simply have to win and start investing in quality players that can drive the club forward and help us get over the finish line when it matters most.

Should we fail, Klopp will be entering his 3rd season with the exact same ambitions that he had in year 1, which shows little sign of progress.
I'm trying not to think about just how big this game is but I can't kid myself. It's fecking huge, and it's not just huge in relation to getting Champions League football next season and attracting better players, I think it's also very important for the psyche of this squad of players going forward. I just think that losing a Europa League final (after being 1-0 at half time) one season, to then looking like fighting for the title a third of the way through the next one but ending up fading to not even get top 4 would at least raise the question as to whether this group of players can handle the pressure of playing for this club and if they'll ever be able to. Should we not make it, there would be talk about them being 'bottlers' and other things of that nature. I'm not calling them that, but it wouldn't be outrageous to discuss it.

You can blame whatever you want. Injuries, thin squad, bad luck, whatever. It doesn't matter. There isn't one sole reason for our gradual slide down the table and the players cannot feel sorry for themselves. Two games, two wins, head into the summer with no international tournament and come back hopefully to three or four quality additions with Champions League football to look forward to. Sounds good, doesn't it? It's there. Right in front of you. Beat West Ham, beat a relegated Middlesbrough. Do that and it's been a very good season on the whole. Fail to do that and we are pretty much back at square one, playing Thursday nights in the Europa League and more than likely missing out on our key targets. It's a nightmare fecking scenario.

Two games. We know what we have to do. We have the personnel. The players, technically, ARE good enough to get the job done. Our manager will know the importance of these two games, he isn't stupid. These two games really are like cup finals. I don't want to see any fear in the players. Go and WIN the fecking games. Stop playing safe, stop backing out of challenges, stop playing the game like you are in a pre-season friendly in the middle of nowhere. If you want it go and fecking get it.

If we don't get top 4 then we haven't deserved it. The table doesn't lie. But I'm confident we can get a win at West Ham and finish off Boro. I know this is a slightly pessimistic post but maybe subconsciously I'm putting a reverse jinx on it. Come on lads, fecking do this.
Our bigger threat should we fail to make top 4 would be the widening of the gap between ourselves and the top 4/5 ( should Man Utd win their final). Make the top 4 and I see Arsenal imploding- problems with their fractured base and question marks over their manager and board. Ozil and Sanchez would look to go. Any potential signing would prefer Chelsea and Spurs to them. We would be able to attract better players and stay ahead of them. If United fail to win their final, that would be a setback in terms of player recruitment. If not, Mourinho could throw any amount and could compete with Chelsea and City. By not getting our first choice transfers we will fall behind and that gap will continue to grow and there will be little a manager like Klopp can do.

Alabaster Codify7

On a serious note, they won't drop points tomorrow. West Ham are horribly bad this season, I just don't see where their goals are gonna come from. Liverpool will nick a 0-2 or 0-1 win IMO. I realistically think they'll scrape 4th but I'm hoping for an implosion on and off the field.

Ban

Do you actually believe that?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK:

carra co-commentating the game tomorrow. the jinx continues.. why we even bother
Yes, him being co-commentator has a massive effect on our results, doesn't it? Almost as much as the effect on our results caused by a Tuvan throat singer deciding to have yaks milk on his cornflakes instead of goats milk.

Bojan11

On a serious note, they won't drop points tomorrow. West Ham are horribly bad this season, I just don't see where their goals are gonna come from. Liverpool will nick a 0-2 or 0-1 win IMO. I realistically think they'll scrape 4th but I'm hoping for an implosion on and off the field.
They did just beat Spurs last week. They got nothing to play for and sometimes those are the worst teams you can play. It all hinges on tomorrow as no way Liverpool dropping points to Boro.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
They're too down and out, which means they'll get the result against WHU probably.

It's only when their tails are up and they think they've got it sown up that they tend to get cruelly blown out.

So Middlesborough at Anfield next week then...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
You generally get more honest opinions at The Liverpool Way forum:

I'm resigned to us being in the Europa League now. Arsenal will pip us and even if we got 4th I think we'd struggle in the qualifiers.

An absolutely disgraceful collapse given we were top of the bloody league on New Year's Eve. No way we should be in a position where a place in the top 3 - never mind the top 4 - is still in doubt with 2 games left.
We weren't top of the league on New Year's Eve, we were 6 points behind Chelsea in 2nd but I agree with your general view of the second half of this season. It's been atrocious. So far we have 27 points from the 17 league games in 2017, that's a point less than we'd got from the same games last season but then we had to play an extra 8 Europa League ties and a League Cup final and were reduced to starting Stewart and Chirivella in the league. Considering the different circumstances the second half of this season has been a disaster, we have utterly failed to take any advantage of the free weeks' preparation time we've had at all.

montpelier

It's taken many many years of patient painstaking research by us but it looks like RAWK's most almighty bellend bar none has finally revealed themselves

hopefully he does his dance a few times today!