RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

Deleted member 101472

Do we really have a lack of pace? I get that we've got our share of slow players with Mata, Blind, Rooney, Ibra and Fellaini, but it's not like we haven't got pacier options on the bench if pace becomes crucial to win the game.

De Gea
Valencia - Smalling - Bailly - Shaw
Herrera - Pogba
Lingard - Mkhitaryan - Martial
Rashford

Is there a team in the league that can field a quicker side than that if pace was absolutely necessary? None of those players are slow by any means.
I'd argue that at least 7 of those should always be starting 11. Not a slow team by any means .

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
No prizes for guessing which part.

NinjaFletch

Do we really have a lack of pace? I get that we've got our share of slow players with Mata, Blind, Rooney, Ibra and Fellaini, but it's not like we haven't got pacier options on the bench if pace becomes crucial to win the game.

De Gea
Valencia - Smalling - Bailly - Shaw
Herrera - Pogba
Lingard - Mkhitaryan - Martial
Rashford

Is there a team in the league that can field a quicker side than that if pace was absolutely necessary? None of those players are slow by any means.
I also can't for the life of my think why a lack of pace would matter against Leicester especially who we'd dominate possession against and will try and hit us on the break. Would matter more against City who will have more of the ball.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
A little off topic but my friend just found this in today's Liverpool Echo:
"A gunman wearing a red dress and wig carried out an armed robbery at a Liverpool sex shop.
The robber who was also wearing a grey cap and white gloves struck at the adults only store Nice N Naughty in Colquitt Street"

They can't even pay for their sex toys?

Red Stone

"A gunman wearing a red dress and wig carried out an armed robbery at a Liverpool sex shop.
The robber who was also wearing a grey cap and white gloves struck at the adults only store Nice N Naughty in Colquitt Street"

A man wearing a dress, you say?

Firmino's out of control!

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
If anyone on here was planning on going to the Nice n Naughty this evening for his weekly supply, you might find the inventory slightly depleted.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The Alternative Premier League Table 2016-17
Those quotes, and that thread always reminds me of those sad sods who have relationships with and marry their sex dolls or something like that. Keep living in your make believe world, lest you break your fragile souls with the harshness of reality.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I see over at RAWK that they are faux-outraged with Agüero most likely getting a ban. This is totally objective of course, since they wouldn't be screaming for him to be banned at all if City were to face Liverpool next.

Though, tbf a fair few of them are saying that he will be rightfully banned.

NinjaZombie

Considering the lack of pace on their team, I'd be very surprised if they beat Leicester. It will be the perfect game for Ranieri's counter-attacking style. As for the games against Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea, Mourinho will be playing for a 0-0, so he might not lose all 3 of them.
Yes, because we've never shown we can win a game against Leicester. Valencia, Shaw and Bailly are about as fast as Laurent Blanc as well.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Yes, because we've never shown we can win a game against Leicester. Valencia, Shaw and Bailly are about as fast as Laurent Blanc as well.
Plus pace isn't everything for a football club, it works for teams like Leicester because they don't have much possession so counter attacking football is their best tactic.

For teams like United playing in top 4 battles it's possession you need but also being direct and winning the ball back fast, pace doesn't come into it.

It's why players who are very technical like David Silva are good in the league, can unlock teams whilst not being the fastest, it's why Iniesta has been so good for Barca ontop of that again not the quickest but you need a creative player who can unlock teams, players who are quick great it adds variety but in big games? the other team will most likely have 8 behind the ball anyway.

RetroStu

I see over at RAWK that they are faux-outraged with Agüero most likely getting a ban. This is totally objective of course, since they wouldn't be screaming for him to be banned at all if City were to face Liverpool next.

Though, tbf a fair few of them are saying that he will be rightfully banned.
I haven't looked but i'm guessing they are talking about Fellaini and how he always gets away with elbowing players?.

Dave89

Alternative tables for hypotheticals (hitting the wordwork, dodgy offsides, penalties etc) is embarrassing, but I remember the original Storeytime table in here, and that was useful. It does give a good idea of how top teams are performing early on vs expectations.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Alternative tables for hypotheticals (hitting the wordwork, dodgy offsides, penalties etc) is embarrassing, but I remember the original Storeytime table in here, and that was useful. It does give a good idea of how top teams are performing early on vs expectations.
The irony of it being created & maintained by an Arsenal supporter on a United forum.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Bizarre disguise. Apparently it's a sex shop aimed at women, so maybe he was trying to fit in.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gunman-red-dress-wig-robs-11814153

Red Stone

Just had a look at their United thread. Needless to say, Agüero is just a footnote as they endlessly discuss and post pictures of Fellaini.

It's like those times Gerrard was accused of diving and they'd ride Ronnie's arse for no reason.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Alternative PL table may show where they stand vs expectations but the reality of the first 3 games should have made one thing crystal clear to Liverpool fans - they are not in the same league as the likes of us, City, or Chelsea. They may end up beating any of those teams on their day but they don't have the quality to sustain a title challenge all season, regardless of not having Europe.

montpelier

There's a sensible argument a few posts back on here which I don't want to dignify by quoting back, this isn't why we are here.... and I can't find the RAWK thing I nearly quoted this morning, which is annoying but someone on there said about Leicester - winning the Prem by 10pts last year btw, it was 'ish'

Best bus parking team ever
is what he reckons for Leicester

if it were that easy they'd all be doing it, no?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
There's a sensible argument a few posts back on here which I don't want to dignify by quoting back, this isn't why we are here.... and I can't find the RAWK thing I nearly quoted this morning, which is annoying but someone on there said about Leicester - winning the Prem by 10pts last year btw, it was 'ish'

is what he reckons for Leicester

if it were that easy they'd all be doing it, no?
Anything to justify achievement.

If United win it "Can outspend anyone, buying players with their own money!!"
City "Oil Money"
Chelsea "Oil Money"
Leicester "Bus Parking"

Liverpool "BEST WIN IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL"

Red Stone

To be fair, Leicester's achievement pales in comparison to Liverpool's eternally consecutive trebles of Net Spend Leagues, Alternative Premier Leagues and Golden Glove trophies.

montpelier

Anything to justify achievement.

If United win it "Can outspend anyone, buying players with their own money!!"
City "Oil Money"
Chelsea "Oil Money"
Leicester "Bus Parking"

Liverpool "BEST WIN IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL"
It was YOU, ffs. What is happening here? :lol:

Mahrez would be the obvious counter-argument to what you might be pretending to be arguing, and aren't really (more likely).

But yes, your last post is exactly it, really. 'Net spend, la' is fine obvs. :)

Revan

Assumptionman
Guys, as a nice joke as it is, alternate table is an interesting thing and can be somehow useful in seeing how teams are doing versus the expectations. And no, Liverpool doesn't win it because whoever wins the real table wins it too. However if a team defeats the likes of United and City while some other team defeats Swansea and Sunderland, then the first team is higher in the table.

In the end, obviously the table is in the same order as the real one, but at various points of the season it might be interesting to look at it cause it accounts also for the difficulty of matches.

No idea why Rawk gets this much jokes for it.

Dominos

Guys, as a nice joke as it is, alternate table is an interesting thing and can be somehow useful in seeing how teams are doing versus the expectations. And no, Liverpool doesn't win it because whoever wins the real table wins it too. However if a team defeats the likes of United and City while some other team defeats Swansea and Sunderland, then the first team is higher in the table.

In the end, obviously the table is in the same order as the real one, but at various points of the season it might be interesting to look at it cause it accounts also for the difficulty of matches.

No idea why Rawk gets this much jokes for it.
The ridiculous thing about making fun of them for running it is that the system is the same for every team, it's not to make them look better, if they're doing shit in it then the table would reflect that. It's not some magic make-Liverpool-look-great table.

Still, I'm not convinced exactly how useful it is, but the idea they've come up with a system to make them look better is just stupid. We have our own version run every year.

Red Stone

I've never actually bothered to check their forum, but I seem to recall posts from there that portrayed Liverpool as runaway winners of the Alternate Premier League at various points during different seasons. I understand the Storeytime table and see the value in it, but do they run exactly the same version of it as we do? Because it seems like they're stacking the deck in extremely in favour of Liverpool based on the quoted posts in this thread.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I've never actually bothered to check their forum, but I seem to recall posts from there that portrayed Liverpool as runaway winners of the Alternate Premier League at various points during different seasons. I understand the Storeytime table and see the value in it, but do they run exactly the same version of it as we do? Because it seems like they're stacking the deck in extremely in favour of Liverpool based on the quoted posts in this thread.
I presume it seems that way because the moments in the season when Liverpool are doing well in that league are the moments the RAWK crowd get over-excited about it and so their stupid posts end up here.

GiddyUp

Someone with waaaay more time then myself should create an alternative league for us were Liverpool finish in the bottom three and get relegated. Next season we create one for the Championship and Liverpool somehow get relegated again and so on and so on. By the end of the decade they will be playing against you're overweight uncle's Sunday league team. I'm imagining seeing scurrying rats as far as the eye can see darting in every direction trying to explain how their alternative league is more realistic than ours.
Me, I would rather keep it easy and go with the actual league table.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I remember something slightly more detailed where it was par to draw with the teams around the same 3/4 positions as you. Extra points for drawing/beating teams above you. And part to be beating teams below you.

Massively favours teams around 5-8 as they have the ability to pick up points on teams finishing above them but the top 4 don't. It's flawed to say the least.

NinjaZombie

I remember something slightly more detailed where it was par to draw with the teams around the same 3/4 positions as you. Extra points for drawing/beating teams above you. And part to be beating teams below you.

Massively favours teams around 5-8 as they have the ability to pick up points on teams finishing above them but the top 4 don't. It's flawed to say the least.
So what you are saying is, it's designed to make Liverpool look good?

Those evil geniuses.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

At the end of the day, only one fecking table matters. Let them win their Alternative table... we'll do our best to win the real table.

Parry Gallister

Not only that but that's not really how leagues are won, we had pretty good results under LVG against a lot of the top teams but you need to be beating the rest consistently, that's arguably more important.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Not only that but that's not really how leagues are won, we had pretty good results under LVG against a lot of the top teams but you need to be beating the rest consistently, that's arguably more important.
The fact the par for home games is to win 100% is crazy. When is the last time a team did that?