RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

spwd

This is absolutely brutal
(i kinda feel sorry for liverpool after reading this)

• Paul Scholes has won the league a fair few times. Retired, Came out of retirement, won the league again and re-retired, and became a pundit on BT Sport.
  • Wayne Rooney has gone from having hair to having no hair and again to hair again.
  • Twitter was invented, facebook too.
  • City have been relegated, promoted, relegated again and promoted again and won the league twice.
  • Pep Guardiola has retired as a player, became a manager and has won titles with the same club he was playing. Quit, joined Bayern Munich and won more titles, Quit again and joined Man City.

• DeGea was born and grew up, joined Manchester United and won the League.

• Jose Mourinho became Manager and won 23 Trophies.
Worst is yet to come ....
  • Peter Schmeichel signed for Man United, won the league 5 times, gave birth to a son who grew up, won the league himself.

Yet throughout all this, every year has been Liverpool's Year.
:lol::lol:

Re: Premier League fixtures - Friday 30th, Saturday 31st, Sunday 1st
« Reply #455 on: Today at 04:36:36 PM »

Nice little loss for Hard-Shoulder-Shitter's birthday, hope Middlesbrough hang on!

Bless em!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They really are unbearable when they're doing well.
I just had a read over there, it's great fun. They talk as if they just won the title 5 years on the trot and we haven't won for 26 years. I think they're forgetting we finished above them last year and won the FA Cup and that they are only a few dropped points ahead of us.

If we continue this run and they drop points in a tough midweek away match at Southampton, they're going to be coming to Old Trafford with a very twitchy ring piece.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
]

I don't want to be an arse, but if one reads anything about corporate culture management this little celebration made sense. For those interested - there are two articles by John P. Kotter ("accelerate" and "leading change: why transformation Efforts fail") that can be found on HBR.

Still funny ;)

Ban

So so much irony in some of those posts. Loved the one about DVDs. From fans of a club which has a book about them finishing... second.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
So so much irony in some of those posts. Loved the one about DVDs. From fans of a club which has a book about them finishing... second.
The comments on Amazon for this book are comedy gold. Not sure which are funnier, the spoof ones or the serious ones.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
TLW said:
The lookout the night the Titanic hit the berg was a Liverpudlian. Makes you wonder if any of his descendants have scouted for us in recent years.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Mocking us for coming back to beat "the mighty Boro", I wonder how they'll take drawing against Moyes-led relegation fodder and being ahead twice?

Shark

@NotShark
They're slagging us for still bring in 6th and calling us corrupt for our win today, while we slowly gain more ground, before giving them a hiding in 2 weeks. Can't wait!

Janson

Why is Klopp avoiding eyecontact in the interview? He's constantly looking away. I thought Pep was the only one on drugs.:)

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:lol:

Now our match is over I can have my much needed laugh:D

Where are the nuggets boys?:drool:

Jazz

Why is Klopp avoiding eyecontact in the interview? He's constantly looking away. I thought Pep was the only one on drugs.:)
Probably embarrassed as I think he was a little condescending to Sunderland during his presser. Some on Ready to Go were not amused. Might go and have a look at what they're saying now:lol:

Janson

Probably embarrassed as I think he was a little condescending to Sunderland during his presser. Some on Ready to Go were not amused. Might go and have a look at what they're saying now:lol:
Ready to go?

lewwoo

They have still won the second in December cup so the season is already a success. Vhs available in all reputable sunday markets.

Jazz

Ready to go?
Yeah, the Sunderland forum. They have some funny posters over there. Just had a peak at their current Klopp thread on him losing it in his post match interview - brutal in places, but funny all the same:D

Janson

Yeah, the Sunderland forum. They have some funny posters over there. Just had a peak at their current Klopp thread on him losing it in his post match interview - brutal in places, but funny all the same:D
Thanks, I'l check it out.

Gasolin

Looks like the scousers feel that if United keep playing in its current shape, they will destroy us, at OT, because for some reason, United would not be "defensive". Very interesting... :).

Basically for them to be able to do so, it would require a sort of freshness injection until the next game. I just wonder if it's possible.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Looks like the scousers feel that if United keep playing in its current shape, they will destroy us, at OT, because for some reason, United would not be "defensive". Very interesting... :).

Basically for them to be able to do so, it would require a sort of freshness injection until the next game. I just wonder if it's possible.
Haven't they always felt that for the past decades? Even when we were the best team in the world back in 07/08.

montpelier

I'm going to speculate that the context of this in the poster's mind is the comparison of who gets what decisions.

By my reckoning we need 5 to win this:
One to equalise the penalty when 2 of their players trip over each other near out penalty area.
One to equalise the goal from the free-kick awarded for a bad stare which leaves 4 of theirs unmarked and free in our 6 yard box, possibly marginally offside, but hard to call, especially when the referee was taking a selfie at the time so didn't see it.
Two for the two goals we have disallowed because we attacked too fast for the referee to keep up with, and because he didn't see them, he can't give them. Them's the rules.
Two goals that the referee can't think how to disallow.
And the winner.
Makes 5 then, in my book.

Real shame is Klopp being sent-off for repelling Maureen's sudden sly unexpected eye-gouge attack with a spectacle lens.
Mourinho clasps his cut finger, and lays down in front of the dugout, writhing in agony, joined in a sympathy writhe by Phil Jones, then in a protest writhe by several other United stalwarts, all looking up with one eye from time to time to check the referee is responding. From behind a phalanx consisting of the United tea-lady, broom-lady, coach, and a man wearing a Fellaini wig, who might actually be Fellaini, the referee brandishes his card at Klopp, banishing the gentle German, for wearing a weapon in the managerial area.

Liverpool's victory is pyrrhic though, for even as the players and supporters celebrate, they are taunted by the witty Manchester crowd who, in a unique moment of awareness, knowing how much it will upset their conquerors, burst into a spontaneous and well-rehearsed ode to Liverpool's great city rivals, and the Theatre of Dreams comes to life with 'We are Everton' as the tired Liverpool victors trudge down the tunnel.

Afterwards, Mourinho appears on MOTD with a bandage covering his entire head. Alan Shearer calls hiim one of the greats. Despite such plaudits Mourinho's evening is spoiled when he gets home to his Lowry pad and discovers evidence that Ryan Giggs, aka the Welsh Wazzock, who couldabinacontenderifithadntabinferloiusaloysiusvangaal has been using it as a noshing shop. There is evidence of a low block all over the place, and a pair of Gary Lineker's socks.

Last edited: