RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

Revan

Assumptionman
You guys should not get him in trouble on RAWK. They will be looking for any excuse to ban him.
To be fair, RAWK's bans on opposition fans are more myths than real stuff. I don't think that there is any chance that they will ban him for joining the Caf or for what he does here. You don't get banned as easy in RAWK as the legends say. I mean, I have there more than 1000 posts and never got a warning, despite that I posted with completely the same style as I post here in Caf.

And well, they could have banned him if they wanted considering that he was for most part an annoying opposition fan.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
There is some irony in here somewhere :D
On second thought I see the ironing myself :D

But really more of a curious reaction though, since I can't imagine that stuff happening here. As explained by other posters there was a group that broke out from the CAF and started their own forum where criticizing Rooney and not allowing Moyes more time isn't allowed.

EyeInTheSky

On second thought I see the ironing myself :D

But really more of a curious reaction though, since I can't imagine that stuff happening here. As explained by other posters there was a group that broke out from the CAF and started their own forum where criticizing Rooney and not allowing Moyes more time isn't allowed.
lol, I meant that you were instigating a witch hunt against people because they wanted us to be like a forum that well... witch hunts people out of their own forum. Just made me giggle, mainly because I would also like them to be named and shamed :wenger:

edit: Lol, you confused me. Were you doing the "Ironing" perhaps while posting that :lol:

Parry Gallister

I also remember a "BarneyLFC" poster (or something close).

He was normally sound but let himself go a couple times. I remember he got banned in a match day thread for wishing injury on a United player though :lol:
Bad post, that one, think he'd said some pretty raw things a fair few times before that too. I liked him though, had a few good chats.

Dominos

Yeah, there were some posters who were asking for people to get banned if they are disrespectful * to players etc.

* disrespectful could mean anything from Rooney is fat, Rojo is shit or David Moyes ain't the greatest human of all time. Luckily, most of us were banned/left the Caf and made some shit forum with 7 members where everyone calls everyone there a cnut.
Anyone calling the players cnuts because they're not playing well aren't really adding anything of value to the discussion are they? The mods want rational discussion - not childish, emotional, and hateful outbursts.

I think there's definitely room for weeding out shit posters with shit opinions. It's basically why this forum has a newbie system and the reason the forum isn't a complete joke like Bluemoon is.

Raw Cantona

Hello Redcafe!
Thanks for the warm welcome and quick promotion, and cheers to Revan for proving I am who I say I am. It never crossed my mind that people may have thought I was an imposter.:lol:

So, seeing as i've bypassed the newbies I thought i'd tell you a little bit about my outlook on forums and seeing as this is the RAWK thread, my experience on RAWK itself.

I like to think forums should abide by the same sort of rules as you would when in the pub, sometimes you pop in for a quick pint, sometimes longer. You have some serious conversations and a bit of banter, the mods are the barmen keeping an eye on things and joining in with the craic on occasion. You can take the piss but don't get personal or aggressive.

RAWK was a great laugh when we were terrible the past few seasons, but it's turned a bit sour now they are worried we have top players and a top manager again. The United thread should have been a mixture of chat and banter but anybody who wanted to seriously discuss United was hounded off. In it's place people were trying too hard to be funny. Going back to the pub theme, Andy@Allerton's craic and cat gifs are like walking into the pub and seeing a man in the corner playing with himself. Now some of you may think it would be funny to walk into the pub and see somebody doing that and the first time it would, but if it was everyday you would just wish that weird wanker would stop.

Then there are the aggressive ones who only post on there to tell me i'm a snide feck or tell me to feck off. It's boring and if I wanted that I would have joined Bluemoon, they let RAWK down in my opinion.
I've no problem with insults but make them funny, some of them like Nick or Chopper had me in stitches with their putdowns. You wouldn't start abusing somebody in the pub so why do it on the internet?

Then there are the snide grasses, what sort of humourless, snivelling feck asks for people to be banned for making jokes on a joke/pisstake/banter thread ffs?
These two sets of posters sucked the fun out of what could and should be a fun thread.

It is a great site though, and I enjoyed my time on there. Some very witty posters and some very clued up ones on a variety of subjects. I know a lot of them 'got' what I was all about as when I logged on today to send Revan a message, I had PMs from many telling me they would be sad to see me go.

On to the mods, now this may come as a surprise but i've nothing but respect for them, they treated me fairly and made me very welcome. I had one warning in all the time I was on there and it was well deserved as I was on one and overstepped the line. I didn't disrupt the serious threads and they understood what the United thread was supposed to be about.

So what to expect from me, general chat on football and although i'm no tactical genius, i'll give my honest opinion and enjoy reading others views on the game. I love a bit of banter and if you take the piss you'll get it back.

Thanks again for the welcome and i'm looking forward to being part of this forum.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Hello Redcafe!
Thanks for the warm welcome and quick promotion, and cheers to Revan for proving I am who I say I am. It never crossed my mind that people may have thought I was an imposter.:lol:

So, seeing as i've bypassed the newbies I thought i'd tell you a little bit about my outlook on forums and seeing as this is the RAWK thread, my experience on RAWK itself.

I like to think forums should abide by the same sort of rules as you would when in the pub, sometimes you pop in for a quick pint, sometimes longer. You have some serious conversations and a bit of banter, the mods are the barmen keeping an eye on things and joining in with the craic on occasion. You can take the piss but don't get personal or aggressive.

RAWK was a great laugh when we were terrible the past few seasons, but it's turned a bit sour now they are worried we have top players and a top manager again. The United thread should have been a mixture of chat and banter but anybody who wanted to seriously discuss United was hounded off. In it's place people were trying too hard to be funny. Going back to the pub theme, Andy@Allerton's craic and cat gifs are like walking into the pub and seeing a man in the corner playing with himself. Now some of you may think it would be funny to walk into the pub and see somebody doing that and the first time it would, but if it was everyday you would just wish that weird wanker would stop.

Then there are the aggressive ones who only post on there to tell me i'm a snide feck or tell me to feck off. It's boring and if I wanted that I would have joined Bluemoon, they let RAWK down in my opinion.
I've no problem with insults but make them funny, some of them like Nick or Chopper had me in stitches with their putdowns. You wouldn't start abusing somebody in the pub so why do it on the internet?

Then there are the snide grasses, what sort of humourless, snivelling feck asks for people to be banned for making jokes on a joke/pisstake/banter thread ffs?
These two sets of posters sucked the fun out of what could and should be a fun thread.

It is a great site though, and I enjoyed my time on there. Some very witty posters and some very clued up ones on a variety of subjects. I know a lot of them 'got' what I was all about as when I logged on today to send Revan a message, I had PMs from many telling me they would be sad to see me go.

On to the mods, now this may come as a surprise but i've nothing but respect for them, they treated me fairly and made me very welcome. I had one warning in all the time I was on there and it was well deserved as I was on one and overstepped the line. I didn't disrupt the serious threads and they understood what the United thread was supposed to be about.

So what to expect from me, general chat on football and although i'm no tactical genius, i'll give my honest opinion and enjoy reading others views on the game. I love a bit of banter and if you take the piss you'll get it back.

Thanks again for the welcome and i'm looking forward to being part of this forum.
What's your take on that johnnowhite guy, you ever see him saying anything positive about post-Busby United or take pleasure in a United victory?

Raw Cantona

I think it's over for me over there lads. It was a good laugh but everything ends and the fun has been sucked out of it for me.
Join up yourselves and give it a go.

Moonred

Hello Redcafe!

Perfectly summed up A@A :lol:. Welcome mate.

Raw Cantona

What's your take on that johnnowhite guy, you ever see him saying anything positive about post-Busby United or take pleasure in a United victory?
I think he said Lingard scored a nice goal once. That's about it.

SwansonsTache

Eh? Cantona's description of A@a in the quoted post seemed to be exactly as how I would describe him. That's all.
Ah :lol:

On my 8th can for the night, in anticipation of the Rosenborg match. I missed the lack of a comma infront of A@A there :)

#Blamethebrew

SwansonsTache

Just out of curiosity, @Raw Cantona , what does the more sane members of RAWK think about your disapperance? Have you told them?

Just asking because because I know that one of the things that made me sign up to the Caf was browsing the footie forums and seeing actual sensible posts and shittakes from rival supporters, just gives the forum more of an open feel. It all becomes a bit of a echo chamber if you only have one set of supporters there.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Welcome Mr. Cantona. I agree that the United thread over there has been particularly tedious so far this season. It's a shame they don't have a serious United thread, as I enjoy reading the opposition's views on us.

As for the Allen/Blackett post, fantastic :lol:

Raw Cantona

Just out of curiosity, @Raw Cantona , what does the more sane members of RAWK think about your disapperance? Have you told them?

Just asking because because I know that one of the things that made me sign up to the Caf was browsing the footie forums and seeing actual sensible posts and shittakes from rival supporters, just gives the forum more of an open feel. It all becomes a bit of a echo chamber if you only have one set of supporters there.
Cheers for the heads up about gifs in spoilers, but i'm not in the habit of posting like Andy anyways.;)

I was on RAWK earlier to PM revan, some had PM'd me to say they would be sad to see me go.

Agree with what you said about rival fans, they definitely add to a forum. Differing views are great and the banter will naturally evolve as long as they can give it and take it. Have to be thick skinned on a rival forum.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
To be fair, RAWK's bans on opposition fans are more myths than real stuff. I don't think that there is any chance that they will ban him for joining the Caf or for what he does here. You don't get banned as easy in RAWK as the legends say. I mean, I have there more than 1000 posts and never got a warning, despite that I posted with completely the same style as I post here in Caf.

And well, they could have banned him if they wanted considering that he was for most part an annoying opposition fan.
Well, just a couple of days ago, someone got banned for suggesting Henderson was shit and Klopp shouldn't play him. Another one got banned for not liking Liverpool playing cup games this early in the season. These examples happened in the span of 2 days. :lol:

Last edited:

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
It was terrific watching Cantona at work on RAWK; a true master of the wind-up game, with some masterstroke posts.

It was a bit like watching the real life Cantona tearing Liverpool a new one in days of old.

Anyway, welcome - and what a dignified way to arrive, praising RAWK like that. We don't hate them by any means, we just find them rather funny. They're not like the City lot at Bluemoon who absolutely despise us with pure venom and anger...no, RAWK is more about the drama queens, scouse poetry and at times hilarious delusion.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
RAWK is like a shirtless, bearded hippy sitting cross legged on a street corner, bong by his side, eyes shut and chanting wildly to try and invoke the spirit of the mighty lither bird who will return to defeat all evil foes of the kop, like next fochen' season, la.

Bluemoon is like a chav at the back of a bus who wants to bottle you in the back of the head.

Gause

I always imagine Rawkites as those scousers in Crystanbul gif. Especially when they are angry about stuffs. "I dont believe it!".

montpelier

I'm not sure that RAWK is especially totally wonderful like what is being hinted at above. I often find myself RECKONING they think of themselves as shrewd influential political operators. And some of them (armchair warrior) post quite unpleasantly - at least they're honest. Another reason why it's good to interact with their sensible element on here.

I would still believe that the backdrop for a high % of older supporters (both sides) is the Munich / Heysel / Hillsborough inter-linking or non inter-linking depending on your perspective. At least the younger lot on our side seem to regard them as not linked which is good really. Their younger lot just think we're c***s I suppose & on it goes. I found Hillsborough terribly difficult to reconcile until very recently - there wasn't any doubt in my mind that 96 innocent people had died, but the idea that everybody involved in the 1st crush outside was queuing patiently & each & everyone of them had a ticket was a bit too much to process given their self-promoted enthusiasm for bunking-in. We weren't any better, it isn't a massive stretch to suggest that it was our fault that the sodding fences went up in the first place given Utd fan activities in the 1970s (2nd Divison esp, by all accounts). The idea H nearly happened every week is a bit far fetched though - there's a big difference between a small number of people sustaining minor injuries & having 500 injured, nearly a hundred dead as happened in 1989. You'd probably be right to say previous events should have acted as a warning flag to the authorities that fans weren't totally safe on terraces, but the 'powers-that-be' didn't clock this for various reasons, the way football was, law & order paramount & they didn't especially care 'cos footy was only of interest to the lower orders & the higher orders weren't fans as such. I read the new inquest summary - & am now thinking of Hillsborough in terms of 2 separate events, a crush outside & an entirely separate crush inside, the opening of the gate is a red herring, it was already unavoidably happening inside anyway. And would have happened anyway without the gate being opened. The actual terrace was fundamentally unsafe in terms of access (too much) & escape (none at all). The tipping point into having outright lethal potential being the last bit of botched 'improvement'. Read this week that Police are still investigating the opening of the gate, :(. I don't really enthusiastically agree with the inquest verdict of unlawful killing either but when are the feckwit Plod going to stop barking up the wrong tree on this (motive for doing so is all too obvious). Nil crowd control inside, very high structural risk & safety mismanagement (debatable if it was deliberate) would be in the frame for me, Clive.

If you want a better read on that last para, I would actually & HIGHLY recommend a book by our one of our RAWK friends. It got some of the flavour of RAWK in the way it's written which is quite amusing / you may not like. And its political perspective is strongly anti-Maggie basically - a bit stereotypically in places <--- not that this isn't a viable point of view with which I would have quite a lot of sympathy but the writers perspective on 'stuff' is fairly quickly established & very obvious. But it is a PROPER book & well worth reading, you don't have to agree with everything to enjoy the thing do you? It's good, I liked it & seems very thorough in research & so forth.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sun-Shines-Now-Hillsborough-Premier/dp/0571295118

But anyway, my main point of this now feeling awfully long post is that RAWK do at least partly think they exist to be influential (you could say they succeed in some respects) I think this explains their dubious moderation practices - it's not as if they're weeding out the nutters is it? But unfailing devotion to the club & portrayal of them as always the innocent victims is now an enshrined part of LFC club tradition & also (we would say & others btw) conveniently pushes Heysel into the forgotten wilderness of oh dear, never mind, long time ago. As a final point around this controversial stuff, I have never met anybody who believed the Sun shite about them robbing each other or pissing on people in 1989. I mean, no wonder they aren't thrilled about it but it now represents the view of all the rest of the World doesn't it with no qualifiers or proportion involved whatsoever. LFC are the untouchable terribly wronged good guys fighting the forces of Evil, they've never sung a naughty song ever, let alone in massive numbers continuously for over 20 years. Post any suggestion of that on RAWK & it will very swiftly get deleted as was about a third of the 20th Anniversary Hillsborough thread because any content vaguely like that wasn't sending out quite the right message. They were fighting for a new H Inquest after the farce & travesty of the first one so maybe cut 'em some slack given the strongly adversarial nature of English (non) Justice. But, an awful lot of their overall moderation approach is geared towards maintaining the self manufactured self-image of LFC & its support as this faultless institution, on field & off. All the best players, unfathomably not winning everything, most unwavering support, hatred of what the mascot represents & how much it isn't them, all this 'he gets us' bollocks as though it's just them that ever emotionalized stuff so strongly (maybe it is, it's become a parody of itself among the hardcore) & that fecking terrible dirge of a feck-awful fecking song that has wheedled its' way into being an official part of the pre match.

And of course, where there is a good guy, there normally has to exist some kind of opposite equivalent bad guy - which in this context is US. So it seems we are responsible for everything that is BAD - all the unfairness, all the imaginary unfairness, all the time they've won feck all & so on. You won't get modded on any abuse of us over there, that's for sure. And this is why, for me, Johnno is lauded in the way that he is, he has to be, innit, because JW's slightly extreme take on stuff is what they want to believe. We think he looks like a pisstake, which is a bit unfair. There is some truth in his overall stance on the state of the modern game. As there is for theirs, but it not ALL our fault is it?

There are some decent posters over on RAWK & some of them are funny & generous (fewer) but there is also a decent proportion of complete arseholes who never get shouted down or moderated against & you do have to be generally deluded-tastically positive in outlook to be fully accepted & hating us with great enthusiasm is also a great asset to your wellbeing. I don't think we should go completely soppy about them just yet.

Went on a bit, sorry,

Last edited:

montpelier

and here's a proper RAWKITE charmer giving my 'little' rant a bit of context

Any others clubs fans maybe, the level of non football related issues and off field antics there fan base are willing to go to I dont think it would be possible to have a rational debate ,personally I wouldnt even have a thread for for them, absolute scum.
Unfortunately I disagree with whoever wrote that, the behaviour of there fans and of there club has been left unchecked for far too long now and has breed a vile and deep seated arrogance throughout there fan base, and it is sad that the two most successful English clubs cannot have a respectful rivalry, the vulgarity and visceral nature of there antics diminshes any chance of that for me anyway, just my opinion.
is being called on his there/their usage limitations, obvs :rolleyes:

Last edited: