RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

shaky

That's about fair enough though. If we win the EL, it will have been a decent season, even though we clearly underperformed in the league relative to our spending.
Spending can buy success, but rarely instant success.

TheBiggest

Net spend

It must be a real killer blow to them that every time they trot out the line 'net spend' they know deep down that the reason we spend so much is due to our success on the pitch. We have so much money, we are so rich, because of the commercial activity drawn to our club due to the success we have had and continue to have.

They know deep down that our spending can't be compared to the spending of City and Chelsea. Our money is club generated!

That has to be a really sore point for Pool fans.

Also, we are on the verge of winning - in the space of 12-months - THREE TIMES the amount Liverpool have won in the last 11-years.

When they try to slag us off, for having a few years' dip in EPL consistency, they must know in the pit of their stomachs that they are talking out of their holes.

Must be a tough existence being so bitter. There is nothing tangible for them to cling their bitterness too. They'd like to say we've been poor in the league over the past few years...but their average finish over the past decade has been 6th. Even in that time, we've won cups, it must kill them. They can't even throw the label 'net spend' at us without them knowing that is a massively bitter label. Uuuugh. It must be sickening being a Pool fan and hating us so much, We give them nothing to go on.

Last edited:

Inter Yer Nan

Celta have not lost away in the EL this season.

1-2 at old trafford next week.
That's the spirit!

Yeah it's the way that they play that is the most sickening, even the most bias Manc can see it's like watching emulsion dry.

I've long lost my real dislike for them, I suppose that comes with them being a 4th-6th place side now
Interesting. Not sure when Liverpool became this conveyor belt of leagues and even cups. Net spend, Lawrenson's predictions and alternative football notwithstanding..

RESULT: We reveal the winner of the best overhead kick, as voted for by Sky Sports users

Oooooh they must be pissing blood.
They did win the "best overhead kick in the league" trophy this year.

If they win the Europa League from here, which they should, they will have had a decent season season considering they've won the league cup as well.

They're not good at all but it's two trophies and champions league football next season at the end of the day. Albeit it's an underachievment considering the money they've spent and the shit on a stick football they play.
The lack of self awareness..

KN5

What I really love is that if we win the EL, we'll have won as many trophies during our shit post-Ferguson era as Liverpool and Spurs have won in the last decade combined. But hey we're shit and heading for obscurity...
I don't take Liverpool fans very seriously, the fact they don't win much at all but are able to speak against us is weird. I don't know if they realise, we win whilst being bang average for most of the season. They don't have that winners mentality and it isn't easy to just buy. On top of that they're more inclined to take risks with lesser known players like Can or Karius. Whereas we are buying the Pogba, Zlatan and Griezmanns of the world, poor little club.

Inter Yer Nan

I don't take Liverpool fans very seriously, the fact they don't win much at all but are able to speak against us is weird. I don't know if they realise, we win whilst being bang average for most of the season. They don't have that winners mentality and it isn't easy to just buy. On top of that they're more inclined to take risks with lesser known players like Can or Karius. Whereas we are buying the Pogba, Zlatan and Griezmanns of the world, poor little club.
I think the finger pointing and victim mentality is one that's held very close to the club and has held them back for years. There's many of their fans that care more about United than their own team. They are masters of deflection.

KN5

I think the finger pointing and victim mentality is one that's held very close to the club and has held them back for years. There's many of their fans that care more about United than their own team. They are masters of deflection.
'Masters of deflection', quite the title! I'll admit they used to be a scary European team, used to fear them a lot, however, I can't believe their fans can't see their tumble, they have no right comparing their club with ours, not even in the same ballpark.

Peanut Butter

Expertly put - completely agree with this.

Inter Yer Nan

'Masters of deflection', quite the title! I'll admit they used to be a scary European team, used to fear them a lot, however, I can't believe their fans can't see their tumble, they have no right comparing their club with ours, not even in the same ballpark.
I was a bit hesitant to give them that title as they will count that as another trophy won.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We're so shit and not deserving of CL football next year. Liverpool are fantastic and would win the title of it wasn't for their absolute plethora of injuries. Goodness knows how any club could deal with an injury crisis as bad as Liverpool's this season.

We've been so shite, but win our game in hand and they're a massive 1 point ahead of us. What does that make them? 1 point better than shite?

And they couldn't beat this terrible team either.

Incredible lack of self awareness.

Inter Yer Nan

We're so shit and not deserving of CL football next year. Liverpool are fantastic and would win the title of it wasn't for their absolute plethora of injuries. Goodness knows how any club could deal with an injury crisis as bad as Liverpool's this season.

We've been so shite, but win our game in hand and they're a massive 1 point ahead of us. What does that make them? 1 point better than shite?

And they couldn't beat this terrible team either.

Incredible lack of self awareness.
Yeah but they are dead poor and haven't bought a player since Stan Collymore instead relying on a youth system that puts Barca's to shame whereas we have spent 90009988 billion that isn't even ours.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Celta are pretty much the Spanish equivalent of Bournemouth. Still United are awesome. Dont forget it
Dec 4 - Bournemouth 4 - 3 Liverpool
April 5 - Liverpool 2 - 2 Bournemouth

Still better than them then.

rio's upper lip

Dec 4 - Bournemouth 4 - 3 Liverpool
April 5 - Liverpool 2 - 2 Bournemouth

Still better than them then.
I think he meant that they are a mediocre team capable of the odd giant killing. He has a point, to be fair. Celta were very, very average on Thursday. And they are 11th in La Liga. Doesn't take away their Barca or Real wins.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think he meant that they are a mediocre team capable of the odd giant killing. He has a point, to be fair. Celta were very, very average on Thursday. And they are 11th in La Liga. Doesn't take away their Barca or Real wins.
Or the fact they're in the semi's of the Europa League.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Currently they are rubbing one out over there about Mbappe "turning us down".

TheBiggest

I'd rather be turned down by Kylian Mbappe than Mahmoud Dahoud

Mbappe didn't turn us down. The words 'manchester United' have just been inserted into the Daily Mail's article today to generate more clicks. Standard practice.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
I'm assuming they're taking it well that so far they've been barely mentioned in 45 mins of coverage when they're game is due on first?

Liverpool 0 Southampton 0

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
This...
What the feck are you doing here? You claimed Top 4 was GONE after the 30th match.

2 weeks ago you said you were done posting for the season after Crystal Palace

Oh but here you are now sticking the knife in again, feck you.
...was in response to this. :lol:
Two points at home to Bournemouth, Crystal Palace and Southampton.

3rd gone, 4th only guaranteed if we win the last two games.

Took eons to make a change when the manager could've made them after 10 minutes.
They are not happy with Milner:
He shouldn't be on he pitch!!

HE'S NOT A feckING FULLBACK!!!!

Buy a fullback in the summer or January but no Klopp tries to be a smart arse and this is what happens.

The decisions this club makes year on year baffles me. I just can't get my head round it all.
But then, what about our left back, James Milner the ultra-right-footed midfielder? He is on similar money.