RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Two major issues; one, they didn't move with the times in the early 90s...poor manager who didn't see the future of the game, unlike ours. In 85 Dalglish appointed at Anfield, in 86 Ferguson appointed at Old Trafford. The biggest mis-step Liverpool ever made. The club have this bizarre attachment to old players, a huge sentiment that doesn't pay dividends in professional sport.
Not sure how you can say that about appointing Dalglish in 85 considering he instantly won the Double in 86 and could really have followed it up with 2 more doubles in 88 and 89 along with another title in 90 before the stress of the aftermath of Hillsborough led to his resignation in 91 with Liverpool either top or 2nd at the time. Not to mention that he created the 88 side which swept all before them playing some of the best football seen.

The mistakes came after Dalglish left, not whilst he was there.

Inter Yer Nan

I'd love United and Liverpool challenging at the top, that's the dream scenario - we'd all be addicted. The last decade or so in Liverpool's history has been massively disappointing.
No way. The nicest thing I can wish is that they don't get relegated so that every season we hear that it's their year only for it to end in tears. I can't take it if they are in the hunt for the League or Champions League. Not that we have been lately, but still.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
I literally have my balls on the line for this match. Wife has been on at me for a bit to get the snip so I negotiated that if we get 4th or above then they can do the necessary.

The Hacker

Theres a lot of discussion on this thread. Needs to go back to what's supposed to be for next season.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not sure how you can say that about appointing Dalglish in 85 considering he instantly won the Double in 86 and could really have followed it up with 2 more doubles in 88 and 89 along with another title in 90 before the stress of the aftermath of Hillsborough led to his resignation in 91 with Liverpool either top or 2nd at the time. Not to mention that he created the 88 side which swept all before them playing some of the best football seen.

The mistakes came after Dalglish left, not whilst he was there.
Spot on.

montpelier

As a very longstanding old-school United fan (65 years) I think this is an excellent post. For starters, our game has been highjacked by prima-donna superstar MANAGERS now as well as over-SELF hyping players. Some of these fellas I wouldn't piss on were they on fire!
Having grown up with the great tradition established by Matt Busby and Jimmy Murphy and seen some wonderful young and frankly GREAT talent come through from the early '50's and onwards, I can't help but be jaundiced about the state of our game today with this ever-increasing obsession with sponsorship deals, marketing and merchandise. I went as a 6 year old with me dad to see my team play. We queued up in the pissing rain with our cash in our mitts and paid at the turnstile and smelled the entire aroma of match day. I can remember smelling a funny tangy smell I'd never smelled before and it stung my nose - it was liniment as it turned out. The smoke and the smell of the train just over the main stand swirled over the roof and all around the ground - magic to me it was. The whole experience was a combination of being part of a collective identity, a sense of belonging and community. With the emergence of the great Babes side in the mid-50's I never missed a home game if I saved up me tanners o'course! I was as happy as a pig in shit.

I've never taken well to gobby bastards - be they players or managers (sorry coaches!) you know the great "I am" types more interested in whether they personally are headlining on the back pages rather than the team. This twat Mourinho is an anathema to me. Self-praise is no praise my old Nin used to tell me as a lad and that stuck with me all my life. Maybe the Special One didn't have a Nin eh?

I have no interest these days in how "United are faring" other than a deep primordial childhood allegiance. In a way, it's long since ceased to "belong" to me and probably to a great many others of my generation. Cannot abide the Portugueser I just can't. If you don't have the ability to recognise and develop real special talent, and go out there waving £85 million cheques to improve your side, WTF is that about? Why aren't you regularly watching the academy lads, the youth, the reserves to see what's already emerging under your nose? Why aren't you in touch with your trusted scouting team across at least your region if not the country? Oh feck I remember why now! It's because no-one in the media would get to see your mush or hear your latest pronouncements !! Can't have that can we Jose?
Well Jose, that's what a real manager (by real I mean a fella whose love for the game and for his job responsibilities overrides any press conference, any celebrity presentation etc etc) calls "doing his job".

I remember my cousin Paul (Power of City and Everton) telling me that when Mark Hughes was managing at City and Paul was part of the youth development set-up that Hughes came there and surrounded himself with an entire Welsh entourage. The existing old hands at City of course referred to them as The Taffia! Paul said to me that - and it must have near killed him to say it - Ferguson as often as he possibly could would be watching the academy/youth cup games because Paul was used to seeing there. He said Hughes NEVER watched the youngsters at City. That for me tells me loads about the fella. Where was his passion, commitment and basically giving a shit about the future stars of the club?

For me the game today is of passing rather than passionate interest. But one thing I am certain of. Mourinho is the wrong man for the club that once was my passion. Just plain wrong.

On a lighter note, I love the passion and the integrity of your fella Klopp. So bloody refreshing to see there are still some highly-paid managers ( oops coaches) still around that genuinely care for their fans, their players and probably most importantly of all who care about their own personal values both as a man and as a professional. I wanted him to come to United before V Ghoul - just a passing thought as I didn't care either way. Anyway, that's my 2 pennorth on the club I used to worship.

As ever Johnno a brilliant post.
Great post Johnno. Thanks for that.

Johnno Thinks The Unthinkable About Mourinho
Yeah but you can't possibly hate him more than me. Imagine if he'd been at Anfield - fecking hell!!

Your Yanks lot have at least kept some semblance of our traditional game. At United these days it's all top show or as we Mancs say "All fur coat and no knickers."

Last edited:

PoTMS

As a very longstanding old-school United fan (65 years) I think this is an excellent post. For starters, our game has been highjacked by prima-donna superstar MANAGERS now as well as over-SELF hyping players. Some of these fellas I wouldn't piss on were they on fire!
Having grown up with the great tradition established by Matt Busby and Jimmy Murphy and seen some wonderful young and frankly GREAT talent come through from the early '50's and onwards, I can't help but be jaundiced about the state of our game today with this ever-increasing obsession with sponsorship deals, marketing and merchandise. I went as a 6 year old with me dad to see my team play. We queued up in the pissing rain with our cash in our mitts and paid at the turnstile and smelled the entire aroma of match day. I can remember smelling a funny tangy smell I'd never smelled before and it stung my nose - it was liniment as it turned out. The smoke and the smell of the train just over the main stand swirled over the roof and all around the ground - magic to me it was. The whole experience was a combination of being part of a collective identity, a sense of belonging and community. With the emergence of the great Babes side in the mid-50's I never missed a home game if I saved up me tanners o'course! I was as happy as a pig in shit.

I've never taken well to gobby bastards - be they players or managers (sorry coaches!) you know the great "I am" types more interested in whether they personally are headlining on the back pages rather than the team. This twat Mourinho is an anathema to me. Self-praise is no praise my old Nin used to tell me as a lad and that stuck with me all my life. Maybe the Special One didn't have a Nin eh?

I have no interest these days in how "United are faring" other than a deep primordial childhood allegiance. In a way, it's long since ceased to "belong" to me and probably to a great many others of my generation. Cannot abide the Portugueser I just can't. If you don't have the ability to recognise and develop real special talent, and go out there waving £85 million cheques to improve your side, WTF is that about? Why aren't you regularly watching the academy lads, the youth, the reserves to see what's already emerging under your nose? Why aren't you in touch with your trusted scouting team across at least your region if not the country? Oh feck I remember why now! It's because no-one in the media would get to see your mush or hear your latest pronouncements !! Can't have that can we Jose?
Well Jose, that's what a real manager (by real I mean a fella whose love for the game and for his job responsibilities overrides any press conference, any celebrity presentation etc etc) calls "doing his job".

I remember my cousin Paul (Power of City and Everton) telling me that when Mark Hughes was managing at City and Paul was part of the youth development set-up that Hughes came there and surrounded himself with an entire Welsh entourage. The existing old hands at City of course referred to them as The Taffia! Paul said to me that - and it must have near killed him to say it - Ferguson as often as he possibly could would be watching the academy/youth cup games because Paul was used to seeing there. He said Hughes NEVER watched the youngsters at City. That for me tells me loads about the fella. Where was his passion, commitment and basically giving a shit about the future stars of the club?

For me the game today is of passing rather than passionate interest. But one thing I am certain of. Mourinho is the wrong man for the club that once was my passion. Just plain wrong.

On a lighter note, I love the passion and the integrity of your fella Klopp. So bloody refreshing to see there are still some highly-paid managers ( oops coaches) still around that genuinely care for their fans, their players and probably most importantly of all who care about their own personal values both as a man and as a professional. I wanted him to come to United before V Ghoul - just a passing thought as I didn't care either way. Anyway, that's my 2 pennorth on the club I used to worship.

Johnno Thinks The Unthinkable
Without even clicking on that spoiler, let me hazard a guess on what he's said...

- The United traditions of old are gone
- Busby babes etc, etc.
- Mourinho and Pogba are twats
- £89m!
- Shankley was a United legend
- Liverpool are great and all powerful, he wishes we were more like them

montpelier

Without even clicking on that spoiler, let me hazard a guess on what he's said...

- The United traditions of old are gone
- Busby babes etc, etc.
- Mourinho and Pogba are twats
- £89m!
- Shankley was a United legend
- Liverpool are great and all powerful, he wishes we were more like them
You're somewhere between 4 & 5. There was some rather radical ''I am Paul Power's cousin'' & ''Mark Hughes at City'' content which might have distracted him, I think.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
After reading that quote, I realise there's no point in satirising Johnno's posts ever again.

Fener1907

As soon as the "I went as a 6 year old..." came up, I knew he was going to refer to "me dad" with that misspelling to show that he's a proper northerner in order to get the tone of the post right.

We need a resident Liverpool fan that can't stand anything about the club and can't help but admire everything United. Not that you need to be a joke Liverpool fan to admit that celebrating a draw against West Brom is pretty questionable.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Johnno Thinks The Unthinkable About Mourinho
He could have equally replaced United with Liverpool and Mourinho with Klopp and made exactly the same post.

It's SteveJ on a WUM!

Ban

That Johno guy. At 85 or whatever his age us he still dreams about his childhood. Must have had a miserable life.

klayton88

I swear Johnno has more birthdays than the queen. He's Benjamin Button in reverse.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I think one of us needs to infiltrate RAWK, 5 years gaining their trust with Klopp brown nosing and faux delusional love for all things Liverpool. Then call Johnno a cnut and get banned.

Inter Yer Nan

That Johnno bloke is a joke. Not as big a joke as that they actually think he's a United fan. Criticizes Jose for being mouthy and not using youth yet praises Klopp who is mouthier and uses less youth.

How long has he been posting?

Inter Yer Nan

I still can't believe what a free ride he's had off the press, this season.

Could you imagine if Guardiola, Wenger, Klopp or Pochettino had spent the kind of money he has, and finished 6th.
Didn't Guardiola spend more?

Also, would their fans take 8th place and bottling two finals over 6th place and perhaps winning those two same trophies?

Whether they win on Wednesday or not, they are a shite team, with a shithouse manager, playing shithouse football. Long may it continue.
So you'd rather be an amazing team with an amazing manager and win absolutely nothing every season compared to a shit team with shit manager that will have won more than your entire club in a combined 12 years?

Logic.

If they win Europa league.. which would be the best season.. ours or theirs?
Ours, we're making progress whilst their cup win (potentially cup wins) just paper over the ever growing cracks.
Delusion.

If they win Europa league.. which would be the best season.. ours or theirs?

They would have had a better season, better then us spurs or city.

However, we'd all be in a better position for next season over them.
Little bit of realism then followed up with the usual "next season" drivel.

Sack Van Gaal because his football was boring, spend £250m on players, finish one place lower than the previous season and score less league goals than Bournemouth.
Must've borrowed Essien's calculator this one.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Didn't Guardiola spend more?

Also, would their fans take 8th place and bottling two finals over 6th place and perhaps winning those two same trophies?

So you'd rather be an amazing team with an amazing manager and win absolutely nothing every season compared to a shit team with shit manager that will have won more than your entire club in a combined 12 years?

Logic.

Delusion.

Little bit of realism then followed up with the usual "next season" drivel.
Yeah had a glance on their thread about us a little earlier, absolutely no idea how they've convinced themselves they're making huge strides of progress but we're getting worse and worse, ah well, RAWK is back to its glorious, deluded best.

Inter Yer Nan

Yeah had a glance on their thread about us a little earlier, absolutely no idea how they've convinced themselves they're making huge strides of progress but we're getting worse and worse, ah well, RAWK is back to its glorious, deluded best.
Yeah, it's mental. Have they forgotten how bad they were with a bigger squad last time Klopp had Europe and the League to negotiate? Or their poor performances since January? Or the lack of pull they have for any top players in the summer time? All the while they laugh at us for being linked to Griezmann the way they laughed at Pogba wanting to come to us. Don't ever change.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Going to close this for the day under the circumstances. Manchester and Liverpool have more in common than what divides us and many scousers were there last night and over this we stand in solidarity with the people of Manchester
From one thier mods. They've locked the Jose Mourinho thread. Good on them showing solidarity.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
After that post earlier about the bomb, I am laying off them for a while. They, more than anyone, know how to treat people during a tragedy.