RAWK goes into Meltdown 21/22 Edition

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
UAE has continued to invest in a “soft power” strategy aimed at painting the country as a progressive, tolerant, and rights-respecting nation, but the US State Department released a report on the human rights practices in the UAE highlighting that while the disappearance cases and unlawful killings were not reported to media throughout 2020, there were cases of torture, arbitrary detentions, abuses, threats of rape, and beatings.

Qatar / Saudi are the same at different degrees
OK? Again, can you point to where the time when they weren't was drawing huge international pressure? Because as far as I can tell for all of these oil club owners its only increased from owning their respective clubs, which again goes against the very notion of "sportswashing"

M16Red

And there we have it.

The worst opinion ever shared in redcafe history.
Plus the Beatles had a huge influence on both Noals and Liams music - but other than the Beatles. Liverpool has a really poor record on bands / music coming from that area. Struggle to think of another big/solid band..

Atomic Kitten? Even the fit one was from the Wirral.

Fridge chutney

Plus the Beatles had a huge influence on both Noals and Liams music - but other than the Beatles. Liverpool has a really poor record on bands / music coming from that area. Struggle to think of another big/solid band..

Atomic Kitten? Even the fit one was from the Wirral.
Rory Storm and the Hurricanes are from Liverpool also.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The Beatles obviously had a massive influence on music and Oasis were clearly inspired by them, but I have tried listening to plenty of The Beatles and they just don't do it for me.

Rossa

The Beatles obviously had a massive influence on music and Oasis were clearly inspired by them, but I have tried listening to plenty of The Beatles and they just don't do it for me.
We’re all entitled to our opinions, even the blatantly wrong ones. Oasis aren’t even close - I don’t even like them at all; whiny music made by whiny petulant people.

crossy1686

career ending
I’m here for the music debate.

The Beatles actually heavily influenced Oasis. Noel said on many occasions that without the Beatles there is no Oasis. You can hear their influence in early Oasis stuff. The Beatles certainly aren’t boring, you need to listen to more than the mainstream stuff if you think that.

Posh Red

The Beatles actually heavily influenced Oasis. Noel said on many occasions that without the Beatles there is no Oasis. You can hear their influence in early Oasis stuff. The Beatles certainly aren’t boring, you need to listen to more than the mainstream stuff if you think that.
Exactly. I think the sceptics must have only heard yellow submarine and drive my car etc. Revolver is one of the best albums I’ve ever listened to.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I agree with a lot on here. The Beatles music doesn’t do it for me either.

RedChisel

Oasis better than the Beatles? I've read some terrible opinions on here but that takes the biscuit. Oasis are way down the list of just Manchester bands. Overrated rubbish performed by two massive bellends.

Oranges038

Beatles also influenced Charles Manson.

Never heard of Oasis having that kind of reach.

Gurtej

If they lose the CL final, this will be a fun thread to watch..

imagine having FA and Carling Cup to show after the "Great" season they had

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Regardless of the outcome Saturday it will have been a great season, experience wise. Output wise, it would be decent to good but will feel like a disappointment after the position we were in (close to the title, close to the CL).

chicha14

Why is this great thread being turned into a Beatles VS Oasis debate??:nono:

Gurtej

Regardless of the outcome Saturday it will have been a great season, experience wise. Output wise, it would be decent to good but will feel like a disappointment after the position we were in (close to the title, close to the CL).
No one will remember the experience after 10 years when they look back…

All it matters is the number of trophies!!

I laugh when some say but look we missed by a point, so what? You came second!! We also missed titles by a point or couple of points! It’s completely irrelevant….

For me, team of 1999…. Winning EPL, winning CL by beating inter, Barcelona, Juventus on their way to the final is way more of an achievement than winning against Benfica and Villareal….

Also winning FA cup with semi final with 10 men against an amazing Arsenal team on the way to final was the greatest of all

ElBarto

Via penalties* do those 2 cups warrant a parade?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

I know. One cup for each eye's salty tears. :(

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Via penalties* do those 2 cups warrant a parade?
Already scheduled for May 29th, regardless of the CL outcome.

Can imagine it'll be a bit subdued if we lose though. Still, I think a parade is definitely in place. After not having been able to do one when we finally won the PL due to Covid, feck what everyone else thinks and let the people of the city enjoy themselves.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC

And both won on penalties too!