RAWK goes into Meltdown 21/22 Edition

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Im wasting 2 out of 5 of my posts of the day, but this is seriously bothering me. Whats going on with the headless person in the gif? Hours later and still cant understand it. Did someone bring in a dressed headless mannequin and are using it as a puppet?!? Its body movements seem too realistic to be a mannequin of sorts...
Scarf is around their waist.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Oh I do hope that smug prick doesn't rock up back in the Premier League. Having to see his massively punchable face and that horrendous goal celebration.....

He's infinitely more insufferable than when he left over a decade ago.
You’ve got one of the most promising striking options this country has produced in a long time, so you bring in a 36 year old, to go with a 35 year old already there.
Some logic that.
Solksjaer confirmed that they are in for Ronaldo.
Would actually be fecking hilarious if City got him pinched form under their noses.
Either way, this is a win win.
City don’t get him or Ole comes out with that and he signs for City.
Also, if United got him then the pressure to deliver a title is huge.
I just can’t ever bear seeing United supporters happy so I hope he rejects them
This whole saga is absolutely fantastic, Man Utd doing what they do best and deciding they want Ronaldo which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever with re-signing Cavani and hampers their best prospect in Greenwood - absolutely fantastic
Yup. Where's that 'new' transfer strategy that Neville keeps telling us about since Ole came in?!
This, along with Varane and Cavani is prime Mourinho transfer activity
And they’ll have to carry both Pogba and Ronaldo’s lack of defensive workrate, and still not sign a centre mid.
£350k a week on Ibrahimovic for two years
£250k a week on Cavani for two years
feck knows how much a week on Ronaldo.

That’s probably a £50 million striker + wages for a couple of years they could have got instead.

So Barca get gutted and lose Messi, who tarnishes his reputation by going to PSG. Mbappe then decide he wants to go to Real, who are seemingly going to practically bankrupt themselves to sign him. Ronaldo then decides he wants a piece of signing on fee fun so plays United and City off against each other. Kane spends the summer flashing his knickers at City, doesn't get his move and ends up crawling back into up his hole AND asking for a pay rise (which he'll probably get). And if Mbappe goes, PSG may go and get Haaland thus knackering the wet dream of United getting him next summer.
Meanwhile we sit back, sign a beast CB and sign all of our best players to new contracts.
wonder if we'll look back at this transfer window and the past week as the Rubicon moment when football started to cannabalise itself. Maybe it's started already to be honest. The disregard for any sort of common sense and greed on display is staggering even more so within a global pandemic. A huge club will likely go bankrupt and everyone will ask how it was possible
Told Manchester City will not be signing Cristiano Ronaldo. They considered the possibility but decided against.

"Ronnie, you want to sign for us? We pay a lot."
"Nah."
"Fine! We never wanted you anyway"
‘decided against it’

AKA - he turned them down.
We might laugh but 29 goals in Serie A last year, that’s 7 more than Lukaku who everyone is having kittens over. Top scorer in the Euros too. He’s a goal machine.
He is. But possibly to the detriment of the team that he plays for. He does feck all nowadays other than score, which might sound silly but it can hinder the number of goals a team scores overall.
I still think he might end up at PSG.

Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo.
No matter how anyone tries to downplay it, it's good business that unfortunately improves them significantly.
Signing Ronaldo is a short term move but I'd say the likes of Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho will relish playing with him.
We will comfortably finish 10+ points ahead of them .
Every club just seems to have gone mad recently in the transfer window, then there's us in the corner just minding our own business...
Smartest in the market apparently. Leaking articles to the Athletic applauding ourselves for getting our money back on Ben Davies.
In a world where big clubs will never go bust no matter how much they spend (too big to fail literally) our prize at end of season will be financial prudence.

Eventhough i hate City, they are outplaying United on another level, "wanted" Fred, United sign him, he sucks big time... Then Guardiola allegedly wants Sanchez, United get desperate and outbid them and now after Ole said at the beginning of the window they don't want him and them having already signed Cavani and wanted to build on Greenwood, those pricks got baited by City again hahahaha

Still not scared by United, they could sign Messi and Neymar and i would still trust Ole to bottle everything
His wages will be ridiculous, but no doubt he strengths Utd
He'll take them from 2nd to 4th
if Haaland goes to PSG This could a fantastic window (Lukaku aside)
The stats don’t lie. I think on top of that it’s a signing that galvanises their entire club and the whole romantic aspect will bring a United air to the their club - and that can have a massive on field impact. Watch them run around like Duracell bunnies against Wolves now.
Do you not think Juventus would have won those titles without Ronaldo? They won the previous 7. So Ronaldo winning 2 out 3 was a bit of a failure, really. Also did worse in the CL than the years preceding his arrival
One of my best mates is a Juve fan and we had the Ronaldo discussion a few months ago. Basically he wanted him gone because he could see the team getting worse almost game by game while Ronaldo was there. Everything became about serving him, to the point where other players forgot how to win games themselves.
Hopefully this happens again and while Ronaldo will score goals, it'll mean Fernandes will score significantly fewer, Sancho will struggle to blossom in his shadow, and one of Greenwood, Rashford and Cavani will see their minutes practically disappear overnight.

What's clear is that United have been played. Said they had considered Ronaldo earlier in the window, decided against it as they had other priorities, then shat their pants when City tried to get him and have presumably thrown daft money at him to 'come home'. This is what happens when you let a fan be the manager.
I don't think Ronaldo will take Utd to the cleaners on wages, the way he would have done with City.
Ronaldo (no surprise) is absolutely obsessed with his image and how he's perceived compared to Messi. The chance to be the returning hero would have been too attractive to turn down, which is why i don't think he'll be asking for as much as he would have done with City. It will still be a huge wage commitment but it won't be on Messi levels and i would imagine he will be keen to leak to the press that he has taken less in order to sign for his 'beloved' United
Ronaldo took one look at the CL groups and saw a chance to massage his stats in Group F while also sparing us all the Messi/Ronny news cycle in Group A.
Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this was a big factor in the greasy little bastard's decision.

Ronaldo transfer is going to strengthen United in the short term. The denial in this forum is hilarious and so is our business in this transfer window.
He will do as they get a new manager in the process as well
Yup, we should be absolutely terrified by the sight of Fred, McTominay and Matic in their midfield. And the 36-year-old Ronaldo is exactly what they need upfront. After all, he has won everything with Juventus last season ...
Imagine having to play midfield (Fred, Mctominay and Matic) behind Ronaldo, Fernandes and Pogba- they will be horrendously open.

Its mad that they have spent so much and not actually addressed one of their biggest weaknesses (apart from the manager)
£480,000 a week for 2 years for a man who will be 38 when his contract ends
It’s all relevant to their wage ratio as it’s one of the lowest
and this is a 50% pay cut…l
Funny thing is that at least one (ideally two) of United, City or Chelsea have to finish 3rd or lower, which would be a monumental failure for any one of them given their activity this summer.
Good signing for United. He'll win them points this season.
Transfer fee profit for us though, so we're the real winners.
I fully expected us to strengthen the squad this summer. Delighted we got some players on longer contracts, but we should have improved as well. There is money there, the club is worth an absolute fortune, and it's the percentage of it coming back into the club is not enough.
Always baffles me when people come on a Liverpool forum and whine that something Man Utd do isn't being praised enough. Really weird. Like me joining an Everton forum and moaning at them for not wanking over Alisson's new contract or something. Very odd. This place is more than fair to rival teams anyway, they've had loads of praise for Sanchez, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and co over the years.
And look how that turned out!
Juventus did decline as a team when Ronaldo joined.
Im 50/50 whether it is a success,
Ronaldo will score some goals but teams will tend to have to play for him.
That said if Man Utd improve defensively they could do very well. No doubt about that.
There is a reason Juventus were happy to let Ronaldo go also.
Think it's a good signing for them, football-wise. It'll give them a huge boost and feelgood factor for a while and he'll bag them a lot of goals.
But giving a 36 year old £480k a week is crazy and I think Lukaku is the better player these days.
Pardon me, I appear to have accidentally wandered onto RedCafe
Blimey, there's some shitty knickers in here tonight. The league he left was a lot less intense than now, let's see how his muscles cope with the speed the game is played here before collapsing into a jelly funk.
This is a good point.
PL is a different level physically to Serie A or La Liga.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
All of our rivals have strengthened and we haven't. As brilliant as Klopp and these players are I just don't think we'll have enough to win the thing given what we are up against. One signing all summer is disappointing however you look at it.
Have they strengthened?
Let’s wait and see. They’ve added players for sure.
We have strengthened. We have added VVD, Gomez , Konate, Elliott and to midfield we have added Fabinho, Henderson, Keita and a fit Thiago, up front we have added a fully fit Jota. Not a bad improvement on last season if you ask me.
I know what you’re saying and I do hope we make a signing or two but we are definitely going to be much stronger than last season.
Lukaku undoubtedly improves chelsea and even at 36 I don't see Ronaldo doing the same. The only one I might have doubts about is grealish.
I think Lukaku might.
But as for the rest of the big deals over the last few days? There’s been little to no thought about how they might work, where they might play or the development of the team.
It’s literally the antithesis of our way of working.
Remember when we didn't make any signings after winning No6 and we ended up walking the league even after our rivals spent big?!
Have bloody faith for the love of Klopp!!!
United are spending a lot of money to finish 4th.
Whose next, Cole and Yorke?
They've done some decent business this summer, it's just a shame for Yernited, that it's Smeagol at the helm deciding how to put all the pieces together....
If they had a decent manager, they might actually have more teeth. Still, Chelsea and United have improved from last year - it's going to be competitive at the top end, thats for sure. Big win tomorrow for us.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Implying that rational posts are the equivalent of being on RedCafe. Funny in more ways than one :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You can draw a direction correlation between how animated they get and how good they actually think a rival player is. When you're claiming extending Keita's contract as 'strengthening' you know you've had a poor window. :lol:

stevoc

So Barca get gutted and lose Messi, who tarnishes his reputation by going to PSG. Mbappe then decide he wants to go to Real, who are seemingly going to practically bankrupt themselves to sign him. Ronaldo then decides he wants a piece of signing on fee fun so plays United and City off against each other. Kane spends the summer flashing his knickers at City, doesn't get his move and ends up crawling back into up his hole AND asking for a pay rise (which he'll probably get). And if Mbappe goes, PSG may go and get Haaland thus knackering the wet dream of United getting him next summer.
Meanwhile we sit back, sign a beast CB and sign all of our best players to new contracts.
It's been interesting watching Liverpool sign so many of their late 20's/early 30's players to new long term contracts this summer. Will be fun watching that team all go over the hill together.

MattyLT

There's something fishy about one of those two synchronized baldies. I think he may be an alien undercover agent from outer space. Notice how he has a quick look at the camera, then at the other baldie, and then seems to get it in his head that he's supposed to do what the other baldie is doing - that this is somehow human etiquette or something. There's definitely a moment there where you can see the fear in his eyes as he thinks he's about to blow his cover, but other than that there's no real emotion in his face.

Relevant

It's been interesting watching Liverpool sign so many of their late 20's/early 30's players to new long term contracts this summer. Will be fun watching that team all go over the hill together.
Yeah....and we've just signed a 36 year old to a new 2 year contract, so kinda difficult to ridicule them for that

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hi Dumbo. I'm a fan of your work, even though you support Liverpool....but (as a livepool fan) why are you looking forward to seeing one of the best defenders in the world and one of the best forwards of all time, playing for your bitter rivals?
I was keen to watch Sanchez, Falcao and even Zlatan for you too. I'm pretty sure Grandaldo will join that illustrious group.

Varane doesn't know what's coming 'at him' in the PL. He'll find out soon enough. Farmers League this is not.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
I was keen to watch Sanchez, Falcao and even Zlatan for you too. I'm pretty sure Grandaldo will join that illustrious group.

Varane doesn't know what's coming 'at him' in the PL. He'll find out soon enough. Farmers League this is not.
Zlatan was brilliant for us! I'll give you the other two though. Not too sure Varane played in a farmers league, either?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Zlatan was brilliant for us! I'll give you the other two though. Not too sure Varane played in a farmers league, either?
The PL now almost stands alone. It's a distant second for other leagues. The likes of Brentford and shit Southampton will cause defenders nightmares, forget the mid table clubs like Villa and Everton. Defenders just cannot breathe, even for a second and even against supposed dross. Despite being pumped even Norwich will surprise a big team or two, you watch.

No other league offers that. Varane comes from such a league where he can switch off for a third of a season. Not here and he will take a season to acclimatise to that sharp reality.

Edit: Zlatan was fun to watch but gave us zero nightmares that he would lead you to number 21 or number 4. Zero.

ShinjiNinja26

Ah RAWK doing the old player X, Y, Z coming back will be like new signings act. While writing off all their rivals transfer business, which has been rather good to say the least. The mental gymnastics going on over there is hilarious. :lol:

ivaldo

Madrid are no Leipzig, that's for sure.

28/10/2020.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I know they won the league two seasons back but it’s so funny how so many of them have removed last season from their minds completely. They did finish below United last season and injuries are obviously a part of league football . They are a quality team under a top manager but some of the overconfidence is remarkable. I can’t say that United will finish above them but I also don’t think it’s 100% certain the other way around too but so many of their fans seem convinced

stevoc

Yeah....and we've just signed a 36 year old to a new 2 year contract, so kinda difficult to ridicule them for that
No it actually isn't at all, in fact it's really easy. Signing one player in his 30's doesn't change the fact the average age of United's squad and team is much younger than Liverpool's.

Plus my point wasn't that they have an old team it was that pretty much all their best players are 28-32.

Mane, Salah, Van Dijk, Firminho, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Becker, Robertson, all in that age bracket and have signed new deals recently or will shortly. Liverpool should be trying to shift a few on and replace them with younger players. As I said they'll all go over the hill together in a few years.

Last edited:

Oranges038

I love a good laugh.

They must forget that in the past they signed a 35 year old Gary McAllister, who kind of turned out to be a very good player for them and brought back a finished Robbie Fowler for a year, who didn't.

Also brought back an out of date Dalglish as manager who then sold Torres and spent 35m on Andy Carroll.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I love a good laugh.

They must forget that in the past they signed a 35 year old Gary McAllister, who kind of turned out to be a very good player for them and brought back a finished Robbie Fowler for a year, who didn't.

Also brought back an out of date Dalglish as manager who then sold Torres and spent 35m on Andy Carroll.
Yep, history keeps repeating itself over, and over, and over, and over... Does anyone learn from it? Not really.

youngrell

I like the delusional win win comment. Yes, it’s certainly a win that Ronaldo ends up at either United or City, I can see the logic :lol:

ivaldo

No it actually isn't at all, in fact it's really easy. Signing one player in his 30's doesn't change the fact the average age of United's squad and team is much younger than Liverpool's.

Plus my point wasn't that they have an old team it was that pretty much all their best players are 28-32.

Mane, Salah, Van Dijk, Firminho, Henderson, Becker, Robertson, all in that age bracket and have signed new deals recently or will shortly. Liverpool should be trying to shift a few on and replace them with younger players. As I said they'll all go over the hill together in a few years.
And that is checkmate.

Kiwi Man

Supports
Liverpool
interesting to see on here a lot of people mocking Liverpool for having a poor window. Surely its more commendable to do well with players youve nurtured and developed, not just buying a team of superstars to win (City, United, PSG etc). Sure, buying said superstars can bring success, but it's hollow success in my book. Give me passion for the club and a group of passionate players, not mercenaries (Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Di Maria, etc).

BlueHaze

There's something fishy about one of those two synchronized baldies. I think he may be an alien undercover agent from outer space. Notice how he has a quick look at the camera, then at the other baldie, and then seems to get it in his head that he's supposed to do what the other baldie is doing - that this is somehow human etiquette or something. There's definitely a moment there where you can see the fear in his eyes as he thinks he's about to blow his cover, but other than that there's no real emotion in his face.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
interesting to see on here a lot of people mocking Liverpool for having a poor window. Surely its more commendable to do well with players youve nurtured and developed, not just buying a team of superstars to win (City, United, PSG etc). Sure, buying said superstars can bring success, but it's hollow success in my book. Give me passion for the club and a group of passionate players, not mercenaries (Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Di Maria, etc).
How many of Liverpool's first choice 11 played in their academy?

zaafi

Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
:lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That’s one of the dumbest things I have ever heard on redcafe . I can understand the not buying point but the players you mentioned have been some of the best professionals of this generation and have got multiple cl titles,leagues and a WC,Euro & copa amongst them . They are hardly mercenaries

Relevant

Mane, Salah, Van Dijk, Firminho, Henderson, Becker, Robertson, all in that age bracket and have signed new deals recently or will shortly. Liverpool should be trying to shift a few on and replace them with younger players. As I said they'll all go over the hill together in a few years.
Becker 28.10.92 = 28..... goalie signed for further 6 years, don't think it's unusual for keepers to be still at the top of their game until their mid 30s, and he's one of the best, the cnut :rolleyes:

VVD dob 8.7.91 - so 30, 4 years is a risk IMO having just come back from a serious injury. Would we do it with van Dijk if he was at United? I'd certainly fecking hope so....you may think differently?

Robertson is 27, dob 11.3.94 and also a seriously good player, signed for 5 more years. Arguably be at his peak for at least 3 of them

Fabinho is also 27, dob 23.10.93 signed for 5 years. See above.

TAA signed a 4 year contract extension, he's gotta be about 22

The other 2 are back up goalies, a youngster with a mad Irish name and Adrian who's admittedly shite

I've heard Klopp wants to keep Henderson who's 31, but nothing agreed yet.

Ronaldo is an amazing physical specimen..... unbelievable. But he's 36 and coming into a league which is undoubtedly tougher and more physical than he's been used to for ages. And they've just moved the goalposts allowing shithouse players to boot yer with impunity on a more regular basis.

Mane and Salah are also quite remarkable physical specimens who are 7or 8 years younger than CR7, and seem very resistant to injury.

I don't know of any other players that are "melting" and have been given new contracts, but you may?

Personally I think that's why Wijnaldum was allowed to leave - to minimise the number of players coming into their dotage at the same time.

It's difficult to argue that the above extensions don't make a lot of sense.

In comparison, we've got;

De Gea D.O.B. 7.11.90......so two years older than their goalie and on contact til 2024. And just not at the same level as Becker.

Cavani D.O.B. 14.2.87.....so 34? got a one year extension.

Varane has come in on a 4 year contract taking him to 32, exactly the same as Maguire in terms of age and contract expiry date.

We've also got Pogba in the final year of his contract. He's 28. I'd be doing me best to tie him down for 5 more years if I could..... wouldn't you? He could leave for nowt next year :nervous:

We can slag them off for being tight fisted fookers and sleep happy that they can't compete in the transfer market but I think this approach of nailing down your best players for their peak playing years is quite pragmatic.

I suspect you think differently, so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I know one thing for certain - it won't be feckin funny if we have to watch them win trophies for the next few years waiting for them all to get arthritis..... :rolleyes:

stevoc

How many academy players In United's squad vs Liverpool's?

Henderson, Mengi, Mctominay, Greenwood, Lingard, Rashford, Elanga, Shoretire.

What's Liverpool's list look like? Alexander-Arnold who else?