RAWK goes into Meltdown 21/22 Edition

Varun

Staff
Take the pool shite to their thread. This is for RAWK meltdowns only.

EngimaMK

interesting to see on here a lot of people mocking Liverpool for having a poor window. Surely its more commendable to do well with players youve nurtured and developed, not just buying a team of superstars to win (City, United, PSG etc). Sure, buying said superstars can bring success, but it's hollow success in my book. Give me passion for the club and a group of passionate players, not mercenaries (Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Di Maria, etc).
:lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
interesting to see on here a lot of people mocking Liverpool for having a poor window. Surely its more commendable to do well with players youve nurtured and developed, not just buying a team of superstars to win (City, United, PSG etc). Sure, buying said superstars can bring success, but it's hollow success in my book. Give me passion for the club and a group of passionate players, not mercenaries (Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Di Maria, etc).
Hollow success & you include man United in that list? :lol:

Yeah, we forget Liverpool developed Mane, Salah, Firmino, Keita, Alison, van Dijk, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson etc.

It’s not like Pogba, McT, Rashford, Greenwood come from our academy & DDG & Ronaldo we actually had a major part in developing.:houllier:

More meltdowns please lads!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Let’s cut the chase. United haven’t signed Ronaldo for any legitimate footballing reason, they’ve just done so because politically they couldn’t stomach the thought of him going to City, and their insecurity in what people would think about them. After all, this is a former player who actually had to be convinced (with half a million quid a week, no less) to make that decision, joining a club that’s been desperately claiming they made him world class since he fecked them off 12 years ago.

No Idea For Nickname

He scored 29 (6 pens) last season in the league, he'll probably get around 20 for them. Will be interesting to see how many goals Bruno ends up with given he's probably giving up pen duty.

Is it that big a deal? He doesn't make them a better side than City, who we were going to have to beat anyway to get the title
I mean if I had to pick a huge "glamour" signing for them it'd probably be him. The fact they still haven't addressed the midfield is literally insane. I'm really looking forward to seeing him fannying around, crying and staring at the ref with those huge, imploring eyes. He'll almost certainly do more than Bale has, but he's not a game changer by any means when you look at the make up of their squad
I think we underestimate how much they make via merchandise. Like it or not they’re one of those clubs that are known all over the world. They’ve got a huge market in the Far East and India, who’ll buy anything with the badge on. They’ll break even on this with shirt sales alone.
The merch thing, as has been discussed before, is largely a myth. This is about prestige, sentiment and getting one up on City. He’s also not a bad footballer
24 hours ago, if you seriously thought of what to bring in to improve United's team and "system", the answer just would've been different
United's pressing game is going to be something alright.
I gleefully await the recriminations to start. About two games in.
City, United, Chelsea. I mean, obviously Guardiola and Tuchel are very good managers. Solskjær has more to prove. But at the end of the day- they (United) have now spent, what is it-around 140 million pounds in one transfer window? I find it hard to be impressed with the achievement of managers who win titles with so much advantage compared to the competition. With United, it seems like the likes of Neville always talk about buying new players, not developing what they already have.

And yes, I know Liverpool have bought some big names in Alisson and Van Dijk, but we`ve primaraly done it through sales. I`d also say we`ve mainly bought players before they have peaked(Mane, Firmino, Salah, Jota etc) and developed them further. United`s buys under Solskjær are mostly players at their very highest transfer cost. Which players has Solskjær actually developed and made better? Some would say the environment around the club is better, and that may be down to Solskjær, but the actual development of quality in players?
If United didn’t go in for him where would he have gone? Even the United loving sky keep saying city was his first choice. And that isn’t sour grapes from city fans, that’s literally been peddled by all the big hitters like Romano too.
It does make you wonder where he would of gone.
Some might say his agent played a blinder by invoking City interest here, scared the Red Mancs into giving them what they wanted and sign him at all costs.
Nothing but a circus at that club. Klopp was right when he said it reminded him of Disneyland.

No Idea For Nickname

Are they not paying him around £485k a week for 2 years? Chuck in £20m fee or thereabouts and that’s something like £65m. How many shirts would they need to shift to break even?!
That’s a fair point, I’d actually forgotten about those insane wages.
I do know that the minute I see a green and gold scarf this season or watch the scruffy bastards try to storm Old Trafford as the Glazers aren’t spending enough, I’ll laugh my cock off.
There is a medium between 'complete disaster' and 'omg let's all wet the bed' though. I think it's perfectly fine to point out the tactical issues with signing a 36 year old on half a million pounds a week without a huge idea of where or how to play him. Juventus didn't exactly benefit from him the way they thought either, largely because of his lack of mobility up top.

I have no faith in them working it out, because let's face it, whoever they sign, they've still got a PE Teacher in charge.
There is and that's the issue with discussing opposition signings on here, every signing is played down so much regardless of who it is. Imagineeeee they had turned down the chance to sign him while stating 'he wouldn't improve our side'... this place would fecking erupt with shouts of how deluded Ole is and how ' they think one of the best players in the world isn't good enough for them' but they do sign him and he might not make them better. It changes based on who players go to, people were saying Sancho doesn't really improve them much not long ago :lol: fecking Martial and Dan James still makes their side... Martial and Dan James.
There are things that make you question whether it COULD not be enough to push them to where they want to be 100% but it's the absolute ones that make out its a terrible signing that is mad
Is that true about Sancho? Mac Red aside, I think everyone pretty much acknowledged he was good signing.
Yeah, I can make a case that Sancho maybe isn't quite the world-class player that United fans are making him out to be but he's in no way a bad signing.
I did and do think they had bigger issues. I still do. Their midfield is a bomb scare of lazy bastards and terrible players.

No Idea For Nickname

How are they meeting ffp? If they are offloading a few then fair play but the likes of Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba De Gea, Mata and maybe a few others are on way more than our players. Also arnt these in debt?
Can’t underestimate how much of football is driven by momentum and catalysts. Saw that with Van Dijk then Alisson joining us. With Fernandes joining them. Add in Ronaldo and Varane - two of the most decorated footballers ever and the players in the dressing room will grow a foot taller. Belief will go through the roof when they’ve got two players who have done it all in the dressing room alongside them.

I think he’d have maybe been a questionable influence at other clubs but for them, signing Ronaldo will galvanise the club entirely. There’ll be a party atmosphere at the toilet this season I’m afraid. Contrast the feeling around that club after the draw vs Southampton to now.
It could go downhill quick too, though. This signing just doesn't make sense to me. Theyve done great business signing Sancho and Varane this summer. If Klopp were United manager with that squad would he sign Ronaldo? I don't think he would. Ole has talked of playing a higher line this season with the signing of Varane. How will that fair out with the 2 pressing monsters of Ronaldo and Pogba in their front 3? Is Greenwood 3rd choice through the middle? Theyve signed Sancho as well for the wide areas so Greenwood's minutes will be greatly reduced you'd imagine. There was talk of them going 4-3-3 but that wont work you'd imagine. It means they'll have to play 2 of Fred, Matic and McTominay in most games, well definitely against the stronger teams, because a midfield of McTominay, Pogba and Fernandes is getting absolutely overrun by the best midfields. There's a lot of unanswered questions and it will require an astute tactical mind to get it right. There's no doubt that Ronaldo is still a fantastic player, but it's no guarantee he actually makes them better.
Gonna turn out like Ibrahimovic - some goals, but not much more. Not really bothered
Are they bringing his pharmacist over too?
They will need to move one of their attackers on before the end of this window surely? My guess is Martial or Van Der Beek get shunted out by Tuesday night as they look far to heavy in those front 4 positions.
fecking comedy club
What is it about Ole that doesn't sit right? Like the way he talks with a kind of nervous, amateurishness. It's odd. Like they've accidentally got the kit boy to do interviews in a suit.
I can't imagine the dressing room with Ronald's ego and a weak lemon drink of a manager.
Ronaldo will be picking the team from now on.
Ronaldo will improve them. I think they should be expecting to break that 80 point mark. Problem for them is there are three sides that break that barrier with ease.
Well, he has certainly improved Juventus to the point that they have failed to win the Serie A for the first time in the last 10 years ...
State of this hypocritical prick.

Love seeing this rat getting all giddy. Whenever he does it, it doesn't work out well for him
They didnt have a problem scoring goals but they have problems with attacking patterns when they have majority of the possession. In addition to having a bang average midfield, at present they cant win the league.
They're extremely short in midfield options, Pogba,McTomawhatever, Matic on his last legs, van der beek who cant get a game and Fred.

Pogba isnt capable of playing in a midfield 2.
Yep. That midfield, their defenders - especially their full backs - and the goalkeeper. Ouch!
This smacks of Van Gaal's first season when he went splurging on Di Maria, Rojo and Shaw and bringing in Falcao.
In fact, they've done this numerous times in recent history, and won the grand total of sweet feck all of note
If i was a betting man(not anymore) i would probably have them to win the league now
Good thing you're not a betting man anymore then mate
Surely Liverpool represents the best value for a betting person plus a realistic chance of winning? I do like a bet and that’s where my £100 has gone on.
I see that Red Cafe is confidentally predicting that they will walk the quadrouple this year.
All the other teams might as well pack up and go home.
I bet Sancho is made up he's signed for them now as well

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
"Their defenders, especially their fullbacks."

How many mushrooms to do you have to eat to get to the stage where you think the best leftback in the world is a weakness?

VivaJesperBlomqvist

I agree. Nurturing your own talent and building your own culture and foundation organically is what United have always been about. I don’t want us to become another hollow club that tries to bankroll their success all the time. It wouldn’t be meaningful. However, Ronaldo is one of our own so doesn’t apply here. I think calling Cavani a mercenary is harsh also.

I respect Liverpool. Honestly. You’re a real club, just like us, and I will always hold City and Chelsea in more contempt. We are rivals, sure, but the respect is there. Nothing but disdain for City and Chelsea.

spaceboyRSA

You do of course realise that’s exactly what Klopp did to win you the league (VVD, Allison etc).

vanrooney

You do of course realise that’s exactly what Klopp did to win you the league (VVD, Allison etc).
add to this that we in fact bring through our own boys from the youth system with rashy greenwood pog mctominay all playing regularly while other top clubs just buy

crossy1686

career ending
No, no, no. You must remember that Klopp is an elite manager and he doesn't need elite players, just average one's that he can make world class. He also definitely doesn't have the second biggest wage budget in the PL, and he also didn't almost finish outside the top 4 last season because 1 CB got injured.

spaceboyRSA

No, no, no. You must remember that Klopp is an elite manager and he doesn't need elite players, just average one's that he can make world class. He also definitely doesn't have the second biggest wage budget in the PL, and he also didn't almost finish outside the top 4 last season because 1 CB got injured.
Of course. Don’t forget- it was all the coutinho money as well

OldSchoolManc

If Liverpool fans can’t see they got the rub of the green and decisions there, then they are truly deluded.
Of course I know this already

mav_9me

I haven't seen much mocking of Liverpool's transfer activity.

Anyway this is as typical as it gets for a Liverpool fan. Thinking their players are the only ones playing cuz they love the club.

Newsflash. All players are basically playing for money. Varying degrees of love for their club. Most of them give their all no matter what club.

Vanrouge

Ronaldo made his name at our club, and Pogba's one of our own.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You Pool fans are really living in your own deluded world. In past who knows how many years, how many players you promoted to be major part of first team? Trent and...? You sell your youth as soon you get an offer ffs. And then look at our squad and our policy.

Delusion is insane in your fanbase.

Gandalf

Hollow success & you include man United in that list? :lol:

Yeah, we forget Liverpool developed Mane, Salah, Firmino, Keita, Alison, van Dijk, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson etc.

It’s not like Pogba, McT, Rashford, Greenwood come from our academy & DDG & Ronaldo we actually had a major part in developing.:houllier:

More meltdowns please lads!
I thought Thiago was a little orphan boy that Jurgen found living in a ditch in the wirral and surely Salah is scouse born and bred.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
No gems of joy when we won after playing shit?

Surely at least a few were wishing career ending injuries on Greenwood and Bruno?

Don Juan Matus

Liverpool's summer transfer window according to RAWK

Really?

In:

Konate
Van Dijk
Henderson
Gomez
Matip
Minamino
Elliott
Karius

Out:

Wijnaldum
Shaqiri
Wilson
Grujic
Awoniyi
Grabara
Davies (loan)
R.Williams (loan)
Van den Berg (loan)
Ojo (loan)
Woodburn (loan)

Mihai

:lol: nice to see we have material for the RAWK goes into meltdown thread in the RAWK goes into meltdown thread.

stevoc

Liverpool's summer transfer window according to RAWK
Really?

In:

Konate
Van Dijk
Henderson
Gomez
Matip
Minamino

Elliott
Karius

Out:

Wijnaldum
Shaqiri
Wilson
Grujic
Awoniyi
Grabara
Davies (loan)
R.Williams (loan)
Van den Berg (loan)
Ojo (loan)
Woodburn (loan)
That's terrible transfer business by Liverpool, absolutely terrible. Incompetent to sign players that already play for you.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They’re calling Ronaldo a rapist and a sex offender. Isn’t that libel?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ah yes because Van Dijk is playing for free & Mo Salah is scouse born & bred, discovered in a Merseyside park apparently.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
No just straight up ‘rapist’ ‘sex offender’. Read it over the past week or so. It’s rife.
I understand their position. Now, Consider the alternative.. GOAT? 4 times ballon d'or? They gotta call him something no? Because he now plays for manutd, they have to go for with the rapist. Considerate people, the RAWK.

Carolina Red

Staff
There’s a separate thread for you to wax poetic about Liverpool. This one isn’t it. Figure it out.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
They’re calling Ronaldo a rapist and a sex offender. Isn’t that libel?
Some Liverpool fans will always look for ways to slag off Utd and vice verca. I am sure Ronaldo couldn't care less.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Youre on the wrong forum mate, RAWK is that way ----->

YAWN la' best team in the land and outerland....err.... ye.....