RAWK goes into Meltdown 21/22 Edition

Ludens the Red

interesting to see on here a lot of people mocking Liverpool for having a poor window. Surely its more commendable to do well with players youve nurtured and developed, not just buying a team of superstars to win (City, United, PSG etc). Sure, buying said superstars can bring success, but it's hollow success in my book. Give me passion for the club and a group of passionate players, not mercenaries (Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Di Maria, etc).
:lol:

shaky

It's funny the lengths they'll go to to defend their owners. They get shafted time and time again, the owners "apologise for misreading the fans' feelings" and that placates them all until the next time. So many fans seem to think if Klopp isn't literally calling them out publicly, then everything is rosy and Klopp is happy spending pennies while everyone around them is investing heavily. We've seen the consequences of under investment. The impact isn't immediate but it can take ages to recover from. I suspect, after years of laughing at our owners, their fans are just too proud to admit that FSG are actually no different to the Glazers.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Anything interesting regarding today over there ? :drool:
Ronaldo would’ve driven straight into the training ground and parked Ferguson’s spot as Ole smiled with a grimace
Great fans they've got. Literally celebrating the thought of Fred not being able to play.
Well Fergie has been down to the Ref's association to make sure that United get their favorite, Anthony Taylor for the return of plastic Ronnie.
I think the refs have an important part to play in whether he is will be a success. If they love him more than Sky and the BBC do then he will get more penalties than the other prick.
Chelsea are better than United, never mind us or City. United will crumble when the pressure's on as they have the last few seasons
I actually feel like the PL is tainted now and, for the first time in a few years I think I want City to beat United
What the feck is Ryan Giggs doing there? Grim.
Wife beater showing his support for a rapist
Gigg's and Ronaldo, now there a pair you don't want to end up in a room with as a woman.
Pogba = fecking cheat.
Ole asks Ronaldo if he wants to come off. We know who's in charge now
As soon as their fans start breaking into OT, attacking stewards, getting matches abandoned and campaigning for a sheikh to take over it will take the wind out of their sails.
Anyone know what date they have penciled in for their next protest?
Ah, come on now. Sure, did you not know that was all for the good of football, and that they were revolutionaries fighting the good fight. Gary Guevara and Roy Castro said so.

Tyrion

When the feck did this happen?

RAWK really does have a very loose connection to reality.
It probably happened around the time RAWK protested against Suarez to prevent the league from being "tainted".

I actually feel like the PL is tainted now and, for the first time in a few years I think I want City to beat United
That just means he actually thinks we're a bigger threat.

stevoc

It probably happened around the time RAWK protested against Suarez to prevent the league from being "tainted".

That just means he actually thinks we're a bigger threat.
Yeah to quote RAWK.

''They are worried, we are coming, they are worried.''

Or some incoherent ramblings to that effect.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Interesting piece by Jonathan Wilson on the Ronaldo signing, in contrast to the media-gasms elsewhere:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...orship-does-not-mask-manchester-uniteds-flaws

Even with Utd's issues in midfield and defence, there is still one glaring weakness in Solksjaer. Teams rarely (if ever) win things with an average coach, and Utd will still get found out in the big moments against the best managers, regardless of how many goals Ronaldo scores.
After reading the BBC sports content on the United game yesterday i thought i was going mad, the hype on that channel is ridiculous and i dont know if Alan Shearer is itching for a BJ off CR but he's embarassing in his praise.
Enjoyed Wilson's article....a nice pin in the party balloon of Hubris FC
Looking forward to following this thread this season
If only you had the stones to truly do that and not just when you pull the odd rabbit out of the hat, then you would be schooled and educated into what it takes to be a real supporter of a big club, one with class, dignity and style with the best fans and the best manager. Instead you'll come and go as that shitshow of a team blow hot and cold before imploding, probably as the weather gets colder around Christmas and New Year, with ego's clashing, on and off the pitch. Plus, with the most arrogant, needy, unwashed, shower of gobshites for fans that far outweigh the good ones now, of which there used to be plenty. At least Tony posts come rain or shine. The City itself is changing, with its oil paymasters calling the shots. The Old Trafford is looking tired and exposed over there in Trafford. Your team is full of posers and your fans are self entitled pricks with no shame. Follow this thread all season my arse...
So, the cringefest Plastic Ronnie circus rolled into Salford yesterday and it was all so boringly predictable.
Happy that your red brethren chose not to take the opportunity to protest the Glazers ownerships whilst one of them was sat in the directors box? Seemed like an opportunity too good to be missed if you ask me. I guess United fans concern over the future of their club is not as important as catching a glimpse of Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Glazers know it too, the game with the most media interest so far this season and with world watching, you could have had 90 minutes of making your point to the world’s media, of making it uncomfortable for a man you supposedly all want out of your club. But instead he goes along and gets to sit there smiling and laughing inside as he knew you lot were going to be too busy sitting there in your official Manchester United “Ronaldo 7” merchandise, and looking starry eyed at the pitch, to worry about the owners.

They treat you like mugs because you are mugs.
They’ll save the protest until it’s useful as a method to try to create trouble for us as usual. Didn’t work last time, won’t work this time. Maybe the media will call out the fact that they don’t seem too invested in protesting if they only show up one or two games a season. Probably not though.
Serious question, lets say we all rate Prem/CL the same, would you rather see them winning nothing and us winning nothing or we win one of the titles, while they win the other?
Generally i would rather see us win, even if they win, but goddamn, i already start to get pissed off with everyone jerking off to the Ronaldo signing, that i am considering it...
Obviously us win and they win.

Anyone saying differently is a bizzie.
Switched on the match right before half time, they score that shite goal of course and the guy at comms; "THIS IS THE THEATRE OF DREAMS!"

Switched it off again.
Said it on here when Ronaldo signed and i will say it again, they will win the league this year i think quite easily as well.
Nice fishing
Have you seen Steve Bruce’s record vs that shower? Nevermind the Toon’s.

Abysmal.
I’m sorry, but this Ronaldo fairytale is fecking nauseating.
Saw this SSN headline claiming that he had pre-match nerves that were eased by the ‘incredible’ United fans. What a load of shite.
He must be gutted he's not the biggest sporting story this weekend.
What’s the first?
Emma Raducanu winning the US Open
How appropriate that dickhead and his media fawning creeps were booted off the headlines by an 18 year old without an overinflated ego

No Idea For Nickname

Also, what does it say about their manager's standing that it took Fergie to make a call to get him to sign?
I was embarrassed when Rodgers was getting Stevie to text Kroos to get him to sign for us. At least he was a current player. This is worse.

No Idea For Nickname

It takes a special kind of arrogance / entitlement / lack of self awareness to be sat there relishing the prospect of potentially gloating over us against the reality of modern day Utd.

Like you I know old school Utd fans who see through all this bluster and can see what’s really happening.

Going over the head of a manager that the cheer leaders in the press steadfastly back, to sign an ageing star in a position the team is well stocked in and on huge money. Mainly because they couldn’t stand the humiliation of him going to City.

A fan base who rioted, then threatened to repeat it and were backed on TV by Neville and given a free pass by the press because the cause was so virtuous, whose grievances suddenly disappear after a couple of signings.
You had the opportunity to protest yesterday. Huge audience, Glazers there and you didn’t. A fan base with zero credibility, but with the nerve to sing it’s never your fault? Next time you feel the need to get the green and gold out, and there will be a next time, you will hear the laughter. It won’t just be from us either.

Ronaldo has the allegations over his private life, but it didn’t stop you. You even doubled down and brought Giggs along for good measure. Low profile, somewhere out of the glare? Na, stick him in the exec box for all to see.

Again, next time you see fit to moralise over something you perceive we’ve done, have a little think eh? We all know you won’t though, because introspection isn’t a strength.

The whole club is a mess, from top to bottom and you know it, but the sheer amount of money spent means you may win something. You should do and you should also feel the pressure of expectation. We all know what Neville would have to say if a rival had spent similar amounts with so very little to show for it. But even if you do win something, it’s papering over the cracks.

I’ve usually defended United as one of the proper clubs, but the actions of the fans and club over the past year or so have put you right up there with the likes of City and Chelsea.
They have entered the 1996/97 period of their Evans wilderness years stage. Just massively fecked up a cup final at the end of last season which really should have been when the manager called it a day, but plugged on regardless because the club has no other ideas. Certainly enough talent in the squad to launch a bit of a title challenge, but ultimately are not real contenders. Will it be enough to keep Solskjær at the club another season? Hopefully so. The media whitewash over Ronaldo is truly sickening.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
They're soooo angry about Ronaldo signing.

You can practically taste the hatred. It's amazing.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Reading that I felt like I should know who Emma Raducanu is. Then I figured it has to do with tennis.

Chief123

interesting to see on here a lot of people mocking Liverpool for having a poor window. Surely its more commendable to do well with players youve nurtured and developed, not just buying a team of superstars to win (City, United, PSG etc). Sure, buying said superstars can bring success, but it's hollow success in my book. Give me passion for the club and a group of passionate players, not mercenaries (Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Di Maria, etc).
You’ve just absolutely merked yourself off with that one mate.

Liverpool have literally tried to do the same but clearly can’t compete due to financial reasons. Your strongest first XI is all bought bar one. There’s nothing commendable about buying a team but only within your financial limits. You are fooling yourself if you think Liverpool wouldn’t be competing for the same players if they could afford to.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
How appropriate that dickhead and his media fawning creeps were booted off the headlines by an 18 year old without an overinflated ego
It takes a special kind of arrogance / entitlement / lack of self awareness to be sat there relishing the prospect of potentially gloating over us against the reality of modern day Utd.

Like you I know old school Utd fans who see through all this bluster and can see what’s really happening.

Going over the head of a manager that the cheer leaders in the press steadfastly back, to sign an ageing star in a position the team is well stocked in and on huge money. Mainly because they couldn’t stand the humiliation of him going to City.

A fan base who rioted, then threatened to repeat it and were backed on TV by Neville and given a free pass by the press because the cause was so virtuous, whose grievances suddenly disappear after a couple of signings.
You had the opportunity to protest yesterday. Huge audience, Glazers there and you didn’t. A fan base with zero credibility, but with the nerve to sing it’s never your fault? Next time you feel the need to get the green and gold out, and there will be a next time, you will hear the laughter. It won’t just be from us either.

Ronaldo has the allegations over his private life, but it didn’t stop you. You even doubled down and brought Giggs along for good measure. Low profile, somewhere out of the glare? Na, stick him in the exec box for all to see.

Again, next time you see fit to moralise over something you perceive we’ve done, have a little think eh? We all know you won’t though, because introspection isn’t a strength.

The whole club is a mess, from top to bottom and you know it, but the sheer amount of money spent means you may win something. You should do and you should also feel the pressure of expectation. We all know what Neville would have to say if a rival had spent similar amounts with so very little to show for it. But even if you do win something, it’s papering over the cracks.

I’ve usually defended United as one of the proper clubs, but the actions of the fans and club over the past year or so have put you right up there with the likes of City and Chelsea.
Scousers :lol:

The second lad has it all worked out doesn't he? We have no right to be excited about one of the/our greatest players coming back and we're personally responsible for where Giggsy plonked his arse yesterday. '... have a little think eh?' you Scouse fecking cnut :lol:

Oranges038

Nice to see that Anthony Taylor has now followed in the illustrious footsteps of Howard Webb and Mark Clattenburg in being Utd's favoured 12th man. What an achievement for him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Aye we’re going to give you a reach around while we’re at it.

Football heart

Supports
Football ( Real Madrid )
How many academy players In United's squad vs Liverpool's?

Henderson, Mengi, Mctominay, Greenwood, Lingard, Rashford, Elanga, Shoretire.

What's Liverpool's list look like? Alexander-Arnold who else?
How many of those are regulars again?

Football heart

Supports
Football ( Real Madrid )
I agree. Nurturing your own talent and building your own culture and foundation organically is what United have always been about. I don’t want us to become another hollow club that tries to bankroll their success all the time. It wouldn’t be meaningful. However, Ronaldo is one of our own so doesn’t apply here. I think calling Cavani a mercenary is harsh also.

I respect Liverpool. Honestly. You’re a real club, just like us, and I will always hold City and Chelsea in more contempt. We are rivals, sure, but the respect is there. Nothing but disdain for City and Chelsea.
Fair comment from a level headed football loving fan... Rare these days bud

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Do they realise we read it and take so much pleasure from it?

Herman Toothrot

Haven't Liverpool got about two regular starters who they've actually brought through their system? Ours, as ever, is littered with them.

Just because Liverpool have never been able to attract big name signings doesn't mean they'd love them.

Giggs' right foot

I wanna go full fecking Eric Cartman and taste their tears.

The biggest brand in sport probably since Muhammad Ali is back in England, and they can't get their head around the media attention :lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Their PL match thread yesterday.

1-0
I literally want this fecking commentator to choke to death live on air.
75 yard screamer from Ronaldo
What is the wowing about? Good god. FFS
What is the wowing about? Good god. FFS
Jesus feck the announcers acting like a basic tap in against Newcastle is the greatest goal of all time. Puke worthy.
Who the feck is this commentator for the United game. feck me might want to lick ronaldos arse the way he’s going on
World class tap in .

Their giddiness will make it all the funnier when they win nothing.
The wankfest is already ridiculous

Scored a tap-in that even Aspas wouldn't have been able to miss, calm down lads
Get used to this folks. Jizzfests every time he scores, but meanwhile United will be going nowhere in terms of actual progress.
This is nauseating. Even the Latinamerican (Argentine) commentators are full on the ass licking
6 games

1 tap-in

surely the international break is causing shitness
Yeah I think if they don't ditch internationals then I think the game is gone.
Always pretty shite afterwards and there are just so many breaks that actual real fans that go don't give a feck about
To be fair - that was some world class tap in that no other United player could do.
What the feck is up with the 7-2 Vila documentary on NBC?
1-1
SCOUSE BASTARD!
To be fair do you expect the plastic Mancs there to remember that Manquillo played a handful of games for us in honestly a pretty forgetable season?
They’re obsessed with us. Of course they do!
2-1
This keeper
What a shitty few seconds that was...

Newcastle's keeper is made of paper mache.
Newcastle keeper's definitely got Ronaldo 2+ goals on his betslip.

Awful stuff.
the united commentary is Peter Drury and Jim Beglin
They seem to be having a bit of a tug over Manchester United
Newcastle's keeper has cost them a win
3-1
Newcastle runs out of gas. Leaving Bruno - who loves taking long shot - wide open from 20 yards.
Hwang with a goal whilst the bruno wankfest is on
Good hit but what the feck is the defence doing letting him hit it
Isn’t this the second game they’ve faced a back up keeper now?
"Ole Gunnar Solskjaer asks Cristiano Ronaldo if he wants to come off after that third goal."

What a manager
Keep him at the wheel
"Would you like a free shot on the net, sir? 20 yards out, sir? Go ahead, sir. We won't tackle you, sir? If you miss, would you like a penalty, sir? Good goal, sir."

feck off, Newcastle. Should be docked wages for that. He could have pulled a phone out his arse and sent a tweet that he was hitting it before he actually did.
Unfortunately Ronaldo has the talent that could drag them to the title this season, how lucky can ole get. Wonder how much credit he would take
They struggle against any side in the top 10 of the table. Also, we exist
A steve Bruce team capitulating so easily against United.

I think he has about 2 draws his entire managerial games against United, a gimme 6 points a season for them, contrast the 2 games when we play them.
"He is a walking work of art"

Jesus titty fecking christ
Not sure if you guys get the same commentary feed but at half time it was "He came again, he saw again, he conquered again..."
Antonio sent off for West Ham, second yellow so I assume he will miss their next PL game...it's against Utd of course.
He’s a goal magnet. Man Utd are a serious proposition for the first time in a while… here’s hoping it all fecks up somehow
Favourites for the league. When you spend that amount anything but top 2 is failure imo
the mancs are genuine contender despite the clown who is in charge
They should definitely be challenging with the squad they have. Despite the odd obsession of some Pogba is also on absolute fire. 7 assists in 4 games now.
They are incredible, could easily be a league and CL double, Ronaldo just doesn't fail.
Hope the last couple posts there are satire.
The BBC wankfest over the United game is just embarrassing. Why are they so surprised that Ronaldo scored against a shit team? They're acting like he's done something that's never been done before.

And apparently the title race is now 'activated' because they beat Newcastle at home.
Utd will do worse than last season imo.

Not every game a team lets you walk the ball up to the box before engaging poorly.
Merson:lol::lol:

“Ronaldos now got 200 doubles, I’m in the AA and I didn’t have 200 doubles “
It's bizarre.

A club that's spent billions bags a routine home win over a poor side and they are being bigged up as champions elect already. I remember Everton being crowned champions after five games last season too.

Don’t see anyone stopping them to be honest. They pretty much won the league today.
Won’t be surprised if Ronaldo scores 50 goals this season
It's over mate. It's done. It's a done deal. Might as well hand them everything now.
500 more like. I can see them getting 350 points this season easy
Us ..City and Chelsea can obviously beat them but the rest looking like cannon fodder.
That's the spirit
The bedwetting is strong in this one
Utd put up decent goalscoring numbers last year, that wasn't the biggest issue. Was paying attention to Sancho, the one new factor: looks good but not quite the gamebreaker to push the numbers up even higher. They've got a garage of these in Lingard, Rashford, Martial, with Greenwood probably the most useful.

Ronaldo needs supply at this point in his career, Cavani wasn't poor either when the supply was there.

Off the ball, the few times Newcastle strung anything together it was easy to play through Utd.

All very early but not seeing the requisite attacking upgrade to justify an even worse presence off the ball, that will come under scrutiny against any team not led by Steve Bruce.

Saint Maximin should have pushed for a move, getting the life sucked out of him under Bruce chasing hopeless punts and it's 1v3 when he does get it.

Chief123

"Their defenders, especially their fullbacks."

How many mushrooms to do you have to eat to get to the stage where you think the best leftback in the world is a weakness?
Currently the best left back in the world and the best defensive right back around. We are in so much trouble!

GeorgieBoy

They are so bitter! :lol:
Better yet is that they post about it on a public forum for us to laugh at.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
feck off, Newcastle. Should be docked wages for that. He could have pulled a phone out his arse and sent a tweet that he was hitting it before he actually did.

Tbf, that's true. :lol:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Currently the best left back in the world and the best defensive right back around. We are in so much trouble!
They've been conditioned to think that unless you spend a quarter of a billion on fullbacks alone then your fullbacks are obviously shite.

What they've ignored is that they've spent a quarter of a billion on fullbacks alone and still ended up playing Delph and Zinchenko at left back for loads of games.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
They've been conditioned to think that unless you spend a quarter of a billion on fullbacks alone then your fullbacks are obviously shite.

What they've ignored is that they've spent a quarter of a billion on fullbacks alone and still ended up playing Delph and Zinchenko at left back for loads of games.
Wrong oppo forum mate :lol:

Red Stone

That's City. Their fans are hateful and deluded too, so it's easy to make that mistake, but this is the thread for hateful and deluded Liverpool fans.

stevoc

How many of those are regulars again?
Depends what you mean by regulars but Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay and Henderson are regulars in my book.

The likes of Mengi, Elanga, Shoretire and Hannibal are only breaking through.

Highfather_24

Read someone who said we should have been protesting the glazers rather than celebrating Ronaldo at Old Trafford yesterday :lol:

And apparently this means it was all about buying galactico signings :lol: