RAWK goes into Meltdown 21/22 Edition

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Who gives a shit about their meltdown when we got beat by Villa?
Find it a bit weird myself. I can’t even watch any other football on tv let alone laugh at a team that are doing better than us. Bit much that. However, to each their own.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Liverpool fans, City fans... they're all less pissed off than most of the posters in the "we're so badly coached" thread.

They must be so angry, so miserable in real life. To take no joy from an injury time winner (regardless of performance) takes a very 'old man shouts at clouds' mentality.

They should just start their own WhatsApp group and feck off and be miserable w@nkers somewhere else
I wouldn't normally continue a non rawk conversation on this thread but you are spot on.

LordSpud

No comment?

They just drew at home against a team with no striker.

Even Klopp said they were rubbish in the first half.

Apparently, Salah scored the World's greatest ever goal though, so I guess that makes it alright, I suppose?
Not gonna lie it's really hard to take the piss at them when we are so so poor at the moment.

Spark

We were crap last season, didn’t stop us then.
So were they, which is the all important factor.

They should do the honourable thing and go on another epic losing streak for the sake of this thread.

Hitsu

Supports
Chelsea
We've not even played 10 games for fecks sakes and some of youse have raised multiple white flags.
I only watch Sportwash FC play twice a season, and that is 2 times too much. The constant crying and screaming at the referee for completely legitimate freekicks against, or ones they rightly didn’t get, is insufferable. And someone needs to pummel Gabriel Jesus and Foden’s faces into a wall.
I guess oil money does earn you a point, that good enough for you mods who deleted my org post.
Carragher can feck off, trying to make Foden's equaliser Alisson's fault somehow on Sky.
One of their backroom staff spat at apparently.

Prick.
Carragher?
City are 'always the victims'.
While everybody is slagging off our midfield and aging defenders.

I would like to have a pop at the Atmosphere and our famous Kopites bloody pathetic so many OLDENS every time the camra's pans on the crowd the amount of people with there gobs shut. Im not anti pensioners Im 66 but the Kop really needs some youth injected into it.
I hope that fella who supposedly spat got Guardiola. Bald twat

Up the reds

Hitsu

Supports
Chelsea
Then the Brentford match

Dragged down to their level. Stoke reincarnated
Never seen a team have so many lucky bounces and deflections, well, maybe Villa
Take the point and run. Fantastic as always up front, but what the fecking hell was that defensive display about? A total mess at the back. They are definitely the new Stoke, and will take points off all the big guns this year.
That’s a really bad result considering we went in the lead twice, and after the favourable results from earlier on. Sloppiness all around, not least from Salah missing an absolute sitter to make it 4-2. Shite - and I’m really struggling to get the fawning over Brentford. Shit house time wasting side.
Missed chances and another keeper having a feckin worldie against us
Don’t want to play them every week,sticky pitch long ball merchants.
I’m not giving these any credit. Schoolboy defending for every goal. They didn’t do anything of quality.
Salah with that casual cheeky attempt at a goal, he slots in the bottom corner and it's game over.

They are a horrible dark ages footballing team, very Wimbledon 1990's or Pulis's Stoke team.

Hope they go down.
They’re like Wimbledon 88,a nightmare to play against.
feck squawka and the stat twats,if you watched that game & think that they deserved anything you're off your head.

Oh and we had 6 on and 10 off so again feck squawka & the stats twats.
They’re like Wimbledon 88,a nightmare to play against.
They lost at home to Brighton, fecking Brighton.
Any credit going to Brentford here for having a proper go
Considering they time wasted from minute one No.
It's an incredible coincidence that every single time the forwards are profligate in front of goal that the opposition goalie 'had a worldie'.
Nat Phillips is looking pretty good right now

Btw, if the club needs someone to take free-kicks and corners, I'll do it for free.
With your first call I wouldn't trust you to not shoot at our own goal.
It's September 25th. Some of you writing the title off need to calm the feck down. We were shite today but it's a long season. Presume you were the same lot that booed a 0-0 draw in 2009 that kept us top.
I love how people start using players full names instead of nicknames when they’re annoyed

Lots of Alexander-Arnold’s, Robertson’s and Becker’s tonight
God this is so fecking circular.

no one is saying it wasn't a bad result

I think some people are suggesting that whining crying and throwing your toys out of the pram over an away draw in September might be a bit much

Go have a beer and a wank and do something else
its the match thread not the are we gonna win the league thread

maybe a wank will help you think straighter
Golden opportunity flushed down the bog, after both Chelsea and United losing earlier today.

Always hated accursed yellow strips, the colour of weakness and cowardice.
Jesus Christ. We was literally a cup final for them, like we are with every other team. Guarantee you when we play them again in February or whenever and they are sitting in 13th that they will play with half the effort and spirit and we batter them.
xGEC’s we’re 3 and of those xGEC’s, 2 were at a probability of 8.76856 and 8.83426, respectively with the 3rd at an eye watering 9.1865.
Evidence enough to demonstrate the fact we should not have been beaten to xGEC’s ratings and our xGEC’s were of a level that fell into the PIITFN criteria.
Sure we conceded, but Brentford had 2 xGEC’s and were successful in 200% of those at less xGEC’s factors of 7.9856 and 8.0583.

The numbers don’t lie, surely you can see this.

tomaldinho1

In fairness this one is spot on re City. The hallmark of a Guardiola team hat no one talks about, loads of tactical fouls and constant whining and dissent for minute 1-90.

I only watch Sportwash FC play twice a season, and that is 2 times too much. The constant crying and screaming at the referee for completely legitimate freekicks against, or ones they rightly didn’t get, is insufferable.

justsomebloke

Then the Brentford match
Brentford is the new Stoke? WTF? Granted it's been a long while since I saw Stoke play a game of football, but "play like Stoke" brings up some pretty clear associations, and so does "play like Brentford", and they are very much not the same assocations.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What the feck is Sportwash FC?

Also love the fact that they claim City are the true victims.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Then the Brentford match
I very much enjoyed reading those - thanks :D

That last comment about the xGEC - he had to go there because we beat them on actual XG 3.13 to 2.67, the irony of his numbers don't lie comment isn't lost on me the deluded fool.

justsomebloke

I guess don't know what 'sports washing' means.
It's when you mop the floor at the same time as watching sport on the telly. So you keep doing the same spot over and over, because you don't want to move away from the screen. Just like City hogging the ball.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Brentford is the new Stoke? WTF? Granted it's been a long while since I saw Stoke play a game of football, but "play like Stoke" brings up some pretty clear associations, and so does "play like Brentford", and they are very much not the same assocations.
To be honest seeing this rubbish a lot so far this season - at the end of the day there are so many self entitled fanboys/girls that can't get their heads around dropping points to "teams like Brentford". Should we take points off United this season there will be plenty on here acting the same way I don't doubt it. It's all very well and easy to give platitudes in an almost condescending way when watching us surprise other teams but when it comes to their own team people lose their minds. Happened in the Championship but it's worse in the Premier League mostly due to the amount of people actually supporting PL clubs I guess.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I guess don't know what 'sports washing' means.
It's called sportswashing when someone - i.e. a despotic regime - uses sports to improve their image, be it through owning a successful club or hosting a prestigious event.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's called sportswashing when someone - i.e. a despotic regime - uses sports to improve their image, be it through owning a successful club or hosting a prestigious event.
Gotcha, a form of 'whitewashing.'

Thanks!

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
To be honest seeing this rubbish a lot so far this season - at the end of the day there are so many self entitled fanboys/girls that can't get their heads around dropping points to "teams like Brentford". Should we take points off United this season there will be plenty on here acting the same way I don't doubt it. It's all very well and easy to give platitudes in an almost condescending way when watching us surprise other teams but when it comes to their own team people lose their minds. Happened in the Championship but it's worse in the Premier League mostly due to the amount of people actually supporting PL clubs I guess.
Not the place for this discussion but my understanding is that Brentford's team and approach has been assembled on a data science basis. I for one am interested in how they perform and I am pleased when they do well. It is a fascinating real world use of DS.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Not the place for this discussion but my understanding is that Brentford's team and approach has been assembled on a data science basis. I for one am interested in how they perform and I am pleased when they do well. It is a fascinating real world use of DS.
Yes but not moneyball ;) the owner hates that comparison - we use data to supplement traditional forms of scouting and recruiting.

mav_9me

I don't think you should take it personally against your team. For teams like Liverpool, City, Chelsea and us (if we want to compete for titles) we need to be beating you. \M/

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
I don't think you should take it personally against your team. For teams like Liverpool, City, Chelsea and us (if we want to compete for titles) we need to be beating you. \M/
It is actually quite entertaining to see the meltdowns when it doesn't happen which, after all, is the main reason threads like this exist right ;) anyway better not side track this thread any more!

klayton88

You know we are fecked when this thread is dead when they drop points in two consecutive games.