RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What stands out the most is the complete lack of self awareness Liverpool fans have. The cheek of taking the piss out of Utd fans they have made up in their heads saying this is Utds year etc after a pre season friendly win. That is what Liverpool fans were famous for. Bit of projection going on there.
Sign of the times, eh? Like when Bristol City were a top tier team.

Banat

Sign of the times, eh? Like when Bristol City were a top tier team.
You are where you are thanks to Klopp and Klopp only. Once he walks off, you will return to where you belong, fighting for top 6 and occasional cup run. Don't delude yourself you are well-run club all of a sudden :lol:

Rockets Redglare

I like how the scouse fans are calling it Rainchester and asking why anyone would want to play here because of the climate.

Liverpool is an hours drive from Manchester for fecks sake.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I like how the scouse fans are calling it Rainchester and asking why anyone would want to play here because of the climate.

Liverpool is an hours drive from Manchester for fecks sake.
Never heard a single Liverpool fan call it that.

Gandalf

So they finished 34 points ahead of us last season so it is impossible for us to be better then them this year? So how come they finished behind us the year before, kind of proves 12 months is a long time in football. Oh wait I forgot, that was the season when they were the only team in Europe to suffer injuries, sorry dippers.

TheReligion

Abusive
Picking on a newbile is totally cool :lol:

What isn't cool is being called out by half the Forum for posting drivel and the only comeback being a bit of a sly dig at a newbile.

Come on @Tavern in the town pick a fight with someone who has the posting rights to explain what a pathetic, small time, post you made yesterday.

He's all yours, Big Ron :)
@Tavern in the town

We wait…

Chief123

What stands out the most is the complete lack of self awareness Liverpool fans have. The cheek of taking the piss out of Utd fans they have made up in their heads saying this is Utds year etc after a pre season friendly win. That is what Liverpool fans were famous for. Bit of projection going on there.
What’s more ironic is their thought of “success” during Klopps reign. It’s very likely Klopp will have been at Liverpool for 10 years (been there 7 already) having only won 1 league title. Especially considering City strengthening even more and Liverpool actually weakening from last season.

But listening to Liverpool fans you would think they’ve pulled off the 13 league titles Fergie did. There were even Liverpool fans phoning in TalkSPORT not long ago claiming Klopp was greater than Fergie now as a manager!

Tyrion

What’s more ironic is their thought of “success” during Klopps reign. It’s very likely Klopp will have been at Liverpool for 10 years (been there 7 already) having only won 1 league title. Especially considering City strengthening even more and Liverpool actually weakening from last season.

But listening to Liverpool fans you would think they’ve pulled off the 13 league titles Fergie did. There were even Liverpool fans phoning in TalkSPORT not long ago claiming Klopp was greater than Fergie now as a manager!
Yeah the way this Liverpool side has been talked about as one of the best they've ever had is silly. They've had teams that have dominated England for decades and did the same in Europe for several years. Massive case of recency bias.

Suv666

They are going to struggle this season. The Benfica Lukaku looks mediocre at best

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
They are going to struggle this season. The Benfica Lukaku looks mediocre at best
These comments are going to jinx him for us, he's going to be good for them if you lot keep saying this!

Anyhow, i think we'll be ahead of them this year. I might be a bit more optimistic than most, but i think City will win (zzzz) and both us, Chelsea and maybe even Spurs and Arsenal if they get a good start can get ahead of them.
They have lost one of their best players, their squad is aging.... i am probably too optimistic here, but didn't Klopp's Dortmund become quite a bit worse after a few seasons?
I guess it's more wishful thinking than anything, that they'll drop out of top 4 :lol:
I genuinely think we can get ahead of them if we get the midfield sorted.

Ninja edit: Hope this thread will be fire this year!

tenpoless

They replaced one of the top 5 forwards in the world with a kid who kept overhitting shots like he's Phil Jones on drugs. Only downhill from here and onwards.

Edit: I don't even think he can speak the lingo. Prolly has to watch Dora the explorer to help him with it.

big rons sovereign

These comments are going to jinx him for us, he's going to be good for them if you lot keep saying this!

Anyhow, i think we'll be ahead of them this year. I might be a bit more optimistic than most, but i think City will win (zzzz) and both us, Chelsea and maybe even Spurs and Arsenal if they get a good start can get ahead of them.
They have lost one of their best players, their squad is aging.... i am probably too optimistic here, but didn't Klopp's Dortmund become quite a bit worse after a few seasons?
I guess it's more wishful thinking than anything, that they'll drop out of top 4 :lol:
I genuinely think we can get ahead of them if we get the midfield sorted.

Ninja edit: Hope this thread will be fire this year!
I was thinking about klopps Dortmund the other day, didn't they turn to runny shit after they lost Lewa or did he leave after klopp?
The reason I was wondering is they've just lost a key player to Bayern in Mane, it would be funny if they shafted him again like that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They replaced one of the top 5 forwards in the world with a kid who kept overhitting shots like he's Phil Jones on drugs. Only downhill from here and onwards.

Edit: I don't even think he can speak the lingo. Prolly has to watch Dora the explorer to help him with it.
Did you solely base this from a 30 minute pre season match? If so, you clearly haven't watched him properly

tenpoless

Did you solely base this from a 30 minute pre season match? If so, you clearly haven't watched him properly
I only saw the twitter clip where he fecked up multiple chances during training, so it's more like 15 seconds but yes I want him to fail.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Fans need much less than 30 minutes to have a dig at rival players!

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
On out transfer targets
So when does De Jong get chloroformed and dragged over to Old Trafford? I actually feel bad for the guy, sold for parts by the Club of his dreams. Barca are an embarrassment.
Soon as he gets his money from Barca which considering how fast they are moving it out the door may be never.
They have to get things right at some point? Not saying it will be in the near future but eventually they will hire the right people in the right positions. For now it’s hilarious to see how many corners they have turned. Think they’ll miss out on top four again this season. They are still in too much of a mess. Long may it continue.
Perhaps, even then though they could come 2nd with 88 points

It's a bitch.
I will plait my own shit if this shower of shite get 88 points/come second :lol:
They can get 88 points. When the league decides on 5 points for a win and two for a draw.
Ten Hag is trying to emulate what Cruyff did with Barcelona - implant Ajax players and make them play the Ajax way. It’s not unheard of, but it’s a high-risk stance.
Cruyff didn't do that at Barca though - his 'Dream Team' was mostly spaniards/Catalans with Stoichkov, Michael Laudrup and later Romario as the imports. Koeman is the only Dutch player I can think of that he had, and he came from PSV.
My point isn't to be pedantic, but to illustrate that Ten Haag is most definitely not following in the footsteps of one of the greats - he's just signing fellas he knows, which frankly makes him look like a chancer. The dutch league is also a way lower level now than it was back in the 80s/90s.
It shows how desperate United are at the moment with them still chasing a player who doesn’t want to join them.

They could have spent that time pursuing a midfielder who would be happy to sign.
He doesn’t mind moving but he doesn’t want to join Man Utd looooool
United fans on redcafe trying to convince themselves that it's about staying at Barca for De Jong and not about being unwilling to join them
Is de jong being held at gun point or something?

Looking forward to some Aaron Lennon style photos if he does sign on the dotted line
They've got his nudes and are blackmailing him.
Our game today
They're currently losing 1-0 against Melbourne Victory... I'd forgotten Nani recently signed for Victory as well.

Waiting for a couple of Man Utd supporting acquaintances at the game to tell me that means Victory are better than Liverpool or some such pish
Redcafe never learn, long may that continue. This is their first decade without a league win, 2 more to come.
My missus was nearly 23 before she first saw them win the league.
Melbourne Victory do the Phoenix from the Flames of Luis Diaz's first goal in the 4-0 against them last season. Harry Maguire playing the role of, well, Harry Maguire there.

Not be confused with the 5-0 against them. I know it's hard to keep track of the beatings we inflict on them.
Interesting all the empty seats, we packed that place out.
I just heard them say there's 85k in there... No chance! I was there for the game and there was 96,446 for the LFC game and it was a sea of red.. I wouldn't be surprised if the 446 was Melbourne fans! I was sat not far from the benches and remember Suarez was being all grumpy on the sidelines and half arsedly warming up because it was around the time Arsenal were taking the piss with their 40m + 1 pound bid
Two goals in a minute for the likely Champs
Melbourne Vistanbul
You all jest but the revolution is REAL. I for one welcome our new Dutch overlord. Rinus Michels Erik Ten Hag
De Gea had a twinge in the win over Liverpool on Tuesday, whilst Varane was ruled out with 'something small' according to Erik ten Hag.

Damn ETH for talking about manhood.
Eriksen
Erikson confirmed. What a pointless signing
Erikson is fast becoming a journeyman.
I feel for Brentford after resurrecting his career and getting dumped for United.
It was only ever a 6 month deal. I guess he wouldn’t probably have joined them last Jan had they offered him a longer deal.
Would have been a nice story had he stayed there but I can understand why he feels like he’s proven he can probably still perform at a higher level. Why he thinks United are that level is a different matter.
It's a shame because he's obviously a good player and I enjoyed the feel good factor about him joining Brentford & doing well last season.
I just have no idea why United have gone for it. They have so many glaringly obvious deficiencies and Erikson addresses basically none of them
are they not signing anyone else?

Not seeing what is so bad about this signing. Teams’ need squads. They did lose 3 midfielders at the end of their contracts this summer, now they’ve at least filled a space
True, I just think there's other areas for them that are in much more urgent need of improvement. Don't think they really needed him.
One last BIG payday.
To be fair to Eriksen, he probably didn't think he'd get another huge contract before the end of his career given what happened to him and his age. So he's probably jumped at this offer. And no doubt utd threw stupid money at him too.
Anytime you can commit 24 million quid to a slow, non pressing midfielder whose past his best with a dodgy ticker you've got to do it...
Who couldn’t get a game for Inter a year ago….

It’s a really really weird one.
It's United. It's not weird at all.

big rons sovereign

not rawk, but might as well be.
The state of the replies, they must be the thickest fanbase out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.