RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina Red

Staff
From the “Are you enjoying it?” Thread
Fell out of love with the game (again) as result of what happened inside and outside of the CL final in Paris. I really did. Haven’t been back on RAWK much since. Just popped back on tonight to get some insights from the good posters on the Napoli game.

The question we should be asking is are the *players* enjoying it. Because right now I’m wondering where all their positivity has gone.

Sviken

Ah, the good ol' days of Liverpool being absolutely shit. You love to see it. I almost forgot how good it feels.

Carolina Red

Staff
7D chess
A really really clever tactic. Pretend to be shite. Take the intensity out of the game, so we can bring on returning players that will be important in the next month. Give them minutes at a pre season pace. Still 5 games to play in the group so nothing to worry about.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We drew 1-1 in the second half!
Hope anyone who travelled out there gets home safe, and gets a full refund from the club.
A night that is probably needed for Klopp and his staff to see what we can see.
The lack of spending on top players shows...
They all look unmotivated, disjointed...
Will be a tough season.
Diaz only shining light with Matip improving our defence as well.
Well at least we kept the score down.

Unless Arthur is randomly Xavi incarnate I think we are going to have quite a bad time this season. This squad just looks and feels finished to me
Oof.

An absolute spanking. There is a lot to fix at the moment. It’s going to be a tough old season.
Just to sum that up for those fortunate enough to have missed it -

Napoli defeated Luis Diaz 4-1 in Naples this evening
Crap. Ajax is huge, they are going to fancy putting us on the verge and them and Napoli in a great position. Worried they'll play at a pace we simply can't right now.

Mind you, Europa League maybe our best bet of CL football next season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If it's on your phone, press on the little square and select 'open in new tab' or something. You should be able to see it in the new tab and then it should show up for you. I guess a right (or is it left) click on the square would do the same.
It’s showing now. :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's the first time I've properly watched Nunez. He looks like a proper donkey. :nervous: :(

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yeah admins lock basically every thread that might be used for match discussion during games if they're losing. Gotta keep those "whoppers" out with their dissenting views
I remember when Barca were buying Coutinho, official RAWK policy was that to pretend that it wasn't happening and ban all discussion of it. :lol:

They're mental. Not quite Blue Moon mental, but still pretty fecking mental.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This one sounds like something off the United Forum, last season, just swap in a couple of different names.

Embarrassing. Gomez and Milner should’ve been subbed about 25mins ago. Gomez with the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a professional footballer and Milner hasn’t been above a 2/10 for at least 2 years now, no idea why he’s still here.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's the first time I've properly watched Nunez. He looks like a proper donkey. :nervous: :(
Yeah, you could easily be forgiven for thinking his accidental goal, accidental assist and accidentally won penalty in his first couple of games would be sustainable.

No Idea For Nickname

Massive credit to Diaz.

Otherwise, an utter shambles. I'd like my Liverpool back, please and thank
We're lucky they didn't get 6 or more.

We looked a lot better with Matip and Thiago I guess that is something
Everyone knows we are lacking,Boss and players,what they need now is our fecking support.
Instead we'll get "Reds" calling into that poundland Partridge c*nt Godlbridge to slag our team off
Busted flush
Twas fun whilst it lasted.
Truely awful and Napoli thoroughly deserved to trash us

Outworked, outfought and outclassed

Not enough energy, athleticism and willingness to work
We spent 100m on a CF who looks miles away from being the required quality.
Maybe if we had someone play to his strengths behind him it might help him out a bit
Klopp watched Milner stink Goodison out on Saturday, so much so that a manager as bad as Lampard got his team to target him when he came on, and decided to start him in central midfield and give him an hour away at our toughest group opponents

UDontMessWith24

They’re always “done with football” whenever things don’t go their way, like the validity of the sport is in question just because they’re ****. And they call us spoiled

Chief123

You just know Liverpool and Utd are going to meet in this years Europa League final!

Chief123

With the greatest respect, you’re a pretty lame fan if this is the first time you’ve watched him. But yeah, he’s shit.

Carolina Red

Staff
Questioning the "Klopp template"
Absolutely no surprise to me that our best players this season, by some considerable margin, have been Elliott and Diaz. Two players who’ve not been playing high intensity football for nigh on two years. Those who’ve been at the forefront over the last couple of seasons look absolutely shot to pieces. Robertson, Fabinho, Salah, VVD, Bobby- the cornerstones of the side - offering under par performances week in week out. The desire this season has been lacking but I honestly think some of these players just haven’t got the stamina to get about the pitch as they used to. Whether it’s temporary or not, who knows but if it continues we’re in for a long hard season.
feck this right wing mates set up between Trent, Harvey and Salah. Just leaves far too many gaps.
It's awful and I'm desperately hoping it's due to a lack of alternatives. We moved Salah up front for a period against Napoli and suddenly the right side of the pitch became functional again, Trent was making overlapping runs and Elliot in place of Salah had space to make those runs in behind.
I would do anything to make them change this setup. I absolutely murders Trent and Salah at the cost of Elliot. It is a terrible set up.

No Idea For Nickname

Well least they decided to stop tearing us apart after Diaz nipped back, so on a positive note at least they only put 4 past us.
Feckin lucky that wasn't 6-1 or worse.
Embarrassing.
Reminds me a bit of that season under Rodgers after we almost won the title.
Truly shocking start and the only positive to take is that nothing fatal has happened yet, still all to play for but we need to beat Ajax next week or we’re really in the shit.
"Fatal", fecking hell it's a sport, stop being melodramatic.
Trent jogging back after being bypassed is shocking. Lack of competition gets you this result.
Think these players are at the end of this this team cycle.
Trent should be benched. I don't care play an academy player if you have to.
I don't believe Klopp and the staff haven't envisaged this coming. Pretty much everyone did. The fix won't be quick
I don't really like football anymore.

Carolina Red

Staff
Darwin Nunez...
At what point can I get worried that this lad might not be up the required standard we need?

He looks extremely limited, not sure what exactly he is supposed to be good at.
Benfica fleeced us. It was bound to happen after our almost spotless transfer record. And no, I’m not blaming him for tonight’s defeat.
No one really wants to admit it but everyone is thinking it
RAWK Poster #1: What exactly did you expect from him when came on with the game lost?

RAWK Poster #2: Control a football would be a start
His fault we conceded four in that first half, his impending cameo was clearly weighing on the minds of the players who started
Darwin is spending too much time trying to do stuff, just focus on scoring
Can someone please explain what the recruitment team seen in him? Genuinely one of the most baffling transfers we’ve made. His first touch is poor, he doesn’t really press, all he does is run the channel and even his finishing is hit and miss

Carolina Red

Staff
"I just hope they don’t live to regret their parsimony"
Well, that was fecking shit. Could have been 8. They took their foot off the gas and it still could have been 8. Worst drubbing in Europe I can remember.

I think the worse thing about tonight is how predictably quickly it will be written off. A few players have returned that will make the side better. I would hope that is the last time Milner plays, as he is clearly no longer capable of playing at the highest level, but I fully expect to see him making loads of cameos throughout this season. But the return of some will take the edge off the worst of Liverpool’s problems and they will begin to stutter into some semblance of form. Come November they will be near or in the top 4 and at that point, just as we as Liverpool fans might be expected to think about 2 or 3 transfers to finally strengthen an aging and visibly slowing side, out will come all the usual excuses.

‘can’t buy in a WC year, too expensive’
‘can’t find value in January’
‘our wages are too high, we can’t afford…’
‘There is no value’
‘we have 10 midfielders’
‘we are waiting for the right player’
‘musn’t block the youth development pathway’
‘do you want to pay players to sit in the stands?’

The last one Is particularly annoying as I am paying them to sit in the stands, just like every other fan who contributes to the club in whatever way they can, through ticket sales, or shirt sales or whatever. Effectively it is our money going into the club and it isn’t being used right. It hasn’t been for three years. The owners have done many great things for LFC, but that isn’t an excuse for the penny pinching since 2019 that has left the squad is such a shit state. Currently, there are 8 30+ year olds in the squad. Tonight, 4 started and 2 more came on. The only reason Henderson didn’t make it 7 was because he is injured. You cannot compete at the top level with an aging squad. That’s what did for Moyes Everton side, sticking with too many elderly players until the whole lot collapsed together. That’s what is happening now to this Liverpool side.

But come January it will be the same old story. 1 player, if lucky, a rummage in the bargain bin and ludicrous promises of big spending in the summer. By the time the stars do align it will be too late to take advantage of it. We are starving one of the finest managers the club has ever seen, asking him to make silk purses from aging, leathery ears. I just hope they don’t live to regret their parsimony. And yes, I am truly fecked off tonight.

Carolina Red

Staff
Sounds familiar...
The sad thing about this season its all self inflicted. Complacency has crept in at all levels from top to bottom. You can't stand still in football. A lack of investment and a lack of ruthlessness in moving players on who no longer have it has caught up with us. Napoli were excellent tonight and reminded me of how we used to look young, energetic and hungry. We look old, slow, unathletic and stale.

And if Milner and Bellingham are the only right fits in midfield whoever is in charge of scouting needs to be moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.