RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

As much I love seeing them fail next season, they may well be in upwards trajectory again with a younger squad.

Fix the midfield and defensive issues with a couple of quality signings we can probably see them challenging comfortably for the top 4.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
As much I love seeing them fail next season, they may well be in upwards trajectory again with a younger squad.

Fix the midfield and defensive issues with a couple of quality signings we can probably see them challenging comfortably for the top 4.

Nah. Salah will massively regress next year, VVD will continue his decline. They’ve lost Firminio and Milner who were great squad players and it looks like they still might make Henderson play minutes.

They’ll regress even more.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I think they’ll have a better season next year, but nowhere near fighting for the league.

They seemed to get it to work nearer the end of this season, but still had some dodgy performances, so will be in the top 4 fight, but nothing better

Eric_the_Red99

I think they’ll have a better season next year, but nowhere near fighting for the league.

They seemed to get it to work nearer the end of this season, but still had some dodgy performances, so will be in the top 4 fight, but nothing better
They’re back on the inhalers after cycling off this season so you’re probably right.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The way they finished the season and nearly got top 4 suggests to me they're looking alright for next season as opposed to last seasons form.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The way they finished the season and nearly got top 4 suggests to me they're looking alright for next season as opposed to last seasons form.
Did you watch any of their run in? It was a combination of luck and referees giving them every big decision in their favour.

In their final two games:
  • They drew 4-4 to Southampton who were rock bottom and already relegated.
  • They drew 1-1 with Villa at Anfield - appreciate Villa are no mugs but dropped points all the same.
After beating us 7-0:
  • They took 2/12 points in their next 4 games.
  • Then they smashed a shite Leeds team.
Following that they went on a run of 5 wins:
  • Won all by a single goal
  • Scrappy late winners
  • Dodgy penalties for
  • Dodgy penalties turned down against
  • Got away with about 4 red card decision.

Hoof the ball

Nah. Salah will massively regress next year, VVD will continue his decline. They’ve lost Firminio and Milner who were great squad players and it looks like they still might make Henderson play minutes.

They’ll regress even more.
Will he? Liverpool had a shocking season and he still quietly bagged 30 goals in all competitions.

Care_de_Bobo

Did you watch any of their run in? It was a combination of luck and referees giving them every big decision in their favour.

Following that they went on a run of 5 wins:
  • Scrappy late winners
  • Dodgy penalties for
That's been going on for years though, no reason to expect anything different next season. The decisions that constantly get made in their favour are scandalous.

The fact that Fabinho has yet to be sent off for them in 5 years yet Casemiro has two reds in a single season is just incredible when you think about it.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Just a reminder that this is the make fun of RAWK thread, there's other threads about Liverpool, Klopp or their players.

You get my hopes up when you bump this! :lol:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
That's basically what they had in their title win.

They won 7 on the bounce wasn't it?

This year has been up and down for them but some of the signs of them putting a run together make for interesting reading.

Obviously I'd prefer they were flirting with relegation next year so we could laugh at them but it's easier to think this year was an anomaly. Gakpo looks settled, Jota back, Diaz back, Mac Allister signing, etc. will help.

Mou Mou Land

Have they started booking their tickets to Dublin yet?
Doubt they will need any hotels as every one of the fans will claim to have his 'ma and pa' back in 'de old country'. Of course that is excluding the disapora that is that commonly heard L4 phenomenon - the 'Scandanavian Scouse'. They of course claim lineage through the Vikings having constantly pillaged and despoiled the 'old country' for hundreds of years.

Chief123

They. Are. Worried.

I’m getting worried about this Qatar thing. Noises that they’re going to be successful.
Qatari outlet Al-Watan, an organisation that Sheikh Jassim’s father owns, reports that the Qataris have been successful in their bid to purchase Manchester United.
Mbappe news coming out at the same time as this. Please no.

What's to worry? Utd fans had pretty much become City fans over the last few years. Now their club officially becomes Man City. Their trophies will be as meaningless as City's.

The well oiled machine of Man City Utd. Arsenal, Liverpool and (just about) Chelsea will be the only big clubs left in proper football.
There’s trouble in paradise…

You sure do like pissing in your pants.

And you like posting bollocks transfer rumours on here all day. We all have ways of passing the time.

My hobby doesn't mean I repeatedly embarrass myself though does it you feckin' clown?

You've been shitting it over the mancs all throughout this decade for fecks sakes.
United shares up 14%. Looks like the Qatari bid is successful.

We'll have 3 sportswashed clubs to contend with.
How rich are the Qatari's, nowhere near as Newcastle's owners I'm guessing

Richer than City's owners?
Was always always always going to happen. Not a fecking hope was some British businessman winning against an oil State.
The only people going on about Qatar are desperate United fans, not one journalist has even hinted it.
They don’t have to be as rich as KSA, Utd are gargantuan financially already. They’d not have to put that much in, compared to city or psg. And the companies they funnel their sponsorship through would benefit from actual exposure.
What interests me is that the Saudis are everyone's daddy. When daddy says I will win the PL, the other oily kids will back down. City, Utd and Newcastle won't be challenging as equals. The irony of Utd being bought by violent homophobes in the month of Pride. And not a sense of shit given by 95% of them. And after all that they will have to play second fiddle to Daddy Homophobe anyway.

Tyrion

They've been like that for a few years though. They often seem to finish strong for some reason.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Love how theyre so worried about our takeover. Meanwhile City had just won the treble, stole all their trophies in recent years and nobody gives a feck about it. You love to see it

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Love how theyre so worried about our takeover. Meanwhile City had just won the treble, stole all their trophies in recent years and nobody gives a feck about it. You love to see it
This is football heritage.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
@No Idea For Nickname - I know your on annual leave from reporting but one to keep an eye on. Their thread is hotting up.

YesSir! But there are only few posts after your last visit, two you quoted
Chief123 said:
They don’t have to be as rich as KSA, Utd are gargantuan financially already. They’d not have to put that much in, compared to city or psg. And the companies they funnel their sponsorship through would benefit from actual exposure.
I don’t think they really need to put anything in (aside from infrastructure). In terms player recruitment they just need to spend wisely, they already spend enough on wages and fees. Too much for the ROI, in fact.

Ratcliffe could well do the same, if he has control, so it doesn’t really matter which one gets them from that perspective
Chieff123 said:
United shares up 14%. Looks like the Qatari bid is successful.
14%? They're up 4%, on a day when the entire market went up.

Even more ridiculous when you compare the move to 22nd, 23rd and 25th Nov, when the stock doubled with a 54% move in 3 days. Wonder what was the news then?

Then they went to bed, but they have been
watching City parade

To be fair to United they turned out in huge numbers in 1999 for their treble celebration. Big numbers for miles around.

This is pathetic. Even West Ham last week put them to shame or even Wrexham the other week.
we arent talking about utd though
I just mean in terms of the turn out for the same roads/same city. City can't even fill a street
That's the point isn't it, cheaty are tiny tin pot club that would be nothing without a country funding their cheating. Even now, many years and billions pumped in, winning everything, they are still a tiny tin pot club
Literally Sportswashing, who would predict that it would rain in Manchester eh?
Was watching the itv news and saw some girl I used to know (was big Man Utd fan) in the 90s, now kitted out in blue saying how she’d been a fan since the 80s and this was the greatest thing ever.
The 115 elephants won’t be attending the parade then.

People in Manchester aren’t arsed about them. 2 Tram stops down Deansgate.
Our parade last year was immense - the day after losing out to Real.
2019 was incredible. The queue for the trains at Lime st was bigger than their parade. From the Police College at Mather down the drive and all the way in to the ground was rammed. People were forced to climb ladders in mankinis in under to get a view. We were at Allerton Maze and it was a bigger crowd than that.
Manchester always trying to be Liverpool. :lol: :lol: :lol:
They claimed they're the biggest brand in football last week... what a farce.
Its an insult to sport in general that these corrupt c*nts are allowed to parade around with their ill gotten gold
There was more on the streets for Burnley’s promotion parade a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely feckin laughable.

Seen bigger queues for clubs in town.
There's bigger queues for NHS dentists.
A lot more came out for Wrexham's promotion or for both Sheffield clubs last month.
The Deansgate drag race is almost over. BBC really trying to build this up and quite frankly it’s laughable.
Apparently itv news have had a few digs at them
They did, went into the whole lot.
Thats them getting told off for sure
The media seem to be pushing the words 'historic treble' just saw it on a CNN tweet.
Quite right too, nobody else has bought one quite like it in the past, other clubs had to earn theirs or play in the SPL.
to be honest, BBC did briefly touch on the 115 elephants in the room but otherwise you’d think millions were on the streets.
Thunder has started, weather is horrible
100% will blame their turnout on this.
Probably why they picked this day. They must have been checking the weather forecast.
Just heard a rumble of thunder over sefton park too!
"Why does it always rain on me? Is it because I lied about FFP?"

*nicked off BBC comments
Biggest commercial income in world football....

This so called parade shows in stark reality that they are still a small club with no support, no commercial income and are nothing but cheats
Exactly, a sham top to bottom.
They've removed the first few rows of fans along Deansgate to put up some advertising boards instead
Jack Grealish is a major part of the sportswashing. English "lad" that everyone thinks is great. Contributes very little on the pitch. Dives around.

But it's fine as he has nice calves and wears thin shinpads. Gets loads of photos of how pissed he is and is a big talking point for the "project".
Absolute state of Grealish
A lot of our players were trollied but there's something off about him. The way he talks during interviews aswell, everyone likes footballers to be normal lads but he's too far
He's going to have issues. Strong gazza vibes
Like drunkenly crashing his car into parked cars after a late night party during COVID lockdown, less than 24 hours after doing a video asking people to stay home indoors & 'protect the NHS', and then runs off from the scene... before eventually giving his name and address to a witness who had chased him... kind of vibe?

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jack-grealish-photographed-scene-car-21776264

& www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/aston-villa/jack-grealish-driving-ban-fine-news-b1774208.html (2 separate instances according to the Indy)
Nauseating hype around Guardiola.
Greatest coach ever. Took him 7 years to buy a squad with his unlimited budget,and develop tactics o win big ears.
All this bollocks about attacking inverted fullbacks.
Saw a clip the other day of us v United and Alan Kennedy makes a run from centre midfield into what my dad would call inside forward playing a 1-2. Him and Neal and Lawler before them were playing that role under Shanks and Bob.
Media fawning bollocks hanging on his shitty shirt tails for reflected glory.
It took 7 years, over a billion quid, and creative accounting (read:large-scale fraud) to turn a side that had won the league not long before he took over, into European champions.
Klopp is clear, all things being equal.
Weirdly there are plenty in the media that whatever the outcome will be of the charges, are determined to not let it sully the Pep years at City.
Just like Michael Gray today. He said he's heard people say there should be an Asterix next to City's treble because of the charges against then, but that's rubbish because "the players still had to go out of the pitch and perform for City this season"
That's kind of the point Micheal, the players who had to go out and perform for City should never have been allowed to go out and perform for City.
Another thing, I had quite a few on Saturday night but I'm sure I heard someone on BT say it was one of the greatest achievements of all time

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

This will likely be the truth, every player with any meaningful link is in the 30-45million bracket/has a release clause. Other than macallister which is good but fortunate business that kind of fee rarely gets you ready made quality.

Withnail

YesSir! But there are only few posts after your last visit, two you quoted

Then they went to bed, but they have been
watching City parade

There's enough to slag City off about that they don't need to resort to this fantasy stuff but they just can't help making shit up.

Literally Sportswashing, who would predict that it would rain in Manchester eh?

Was watching the itv news and saw some girl I used to know (was big Man Utd fan) in the 90s, now kitted out in blue saying how she’d been a fan since the 80s and this was the greatest thing ever.

always_hoping

• Scrappy late winners
  • Dodgy penalties for
Did a lot of that the season they won the league title. Not called Lucky Liverpool for no reason.

Vanrouge

Just like Michael Gray today. He said he's heard people say there should be an Asterix next to City's treble because of the charges against then, but that's rubbish because "the players still had to go out of the pitch and perform for City this season."
That's quite gauling.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
They woke up!!
Its funny how the media aren't talking about Sheikh Jassim father. This family shouldn't be allowed near football.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tar-billionaire-behind-prince-charles-scandal
What wrong has the man done? Buying someone a dinner, giving the king a tiny bung, it's like offering a cigarette to a buddy. Can't see anything wrong with that...
Been saying for a while now that it was only a matter of time before the Arabs came in for United
My guess is it's also a matter of time before the likes of Villa, Spurs and even Everton all get snapped up
Also, anyone who thinks they won't come in for us eventually is an idiot.
If the offer is big enough, Henry will deal. Of that there is no doubt
Give it another 10 years and the landscape of British football will be unrecognisable
Agree, wouldn't surprise me if league games are being played over there in 10 years time
Maybe not league games. But the CL will definitely go there. Maybe the community shield too - or they'll invent some summer tournament.
Part of me kinda wants to see us bought over by a country just so I can just feck the whole sport off - draw a line under the whole thing and go and watch gaelic or something instead.
It's funny hearing the cognitive dissonance from Utd fans this week. They are calling City's treble tainted, but at the same time saying state ownership wouldn't make future Utd titles tainted as long as they stay within FFP...
I mean, that does make logical sense. They're saying the City trophies are tainted because they ignored the rules of the competitions, not because they're owned by a nation state.
But then they were previously saying that City's trophies were tainted because they're owned by a nation state
they've spent the last few days saying City's success doesn't count, laughing at how badly run PSG are while begging for the same for themselves, it's just so bizarre. What a world.
It is pretty worrying. It will be the first time a state have bought a big/successful club. It’s terrible for the game to see a club like Manchester United being a sportswashing vessel and it’s terrible for us because they can start spending huge amounts from day one (unlike Newcastle).
They need to fast track some cost caps because this could be the final nail.
FFP will stop any ridiculous spending...if its enforced.
Some hilarious UTD based accounts finally happy that ETH will be backed...fecking hell how much does he need to spend.
Final nail......the coffins already in the ground, the flowers have been thrown in the hole and the guy with the shovel has started moving the dirt.
They've spent money like they were owned by a State and have feck all to show for it, so from a sport POV not arsed about them being bought, However, for the good of the game, 3 teams being owned by Middle Eastern states is fecking sinister, this goes a lot deeper than football.
Now they will spend twice as much. Can see them going big for Mbappe if Qatar takeover
If they don't get the staff in place, it matters not a jot - 7Hag is still shit. If Klopp had gone to the mancs, with the budget available, he'd have them winning leagues and CL's, instead he did it on a much smaller budget with us

Howe won't win the PL or the CL for the Saudis for ages if ever, they'll need a better manager to compete with Jurgen and Ped, until they both leave that is.
I've become incredibly ambivalent about it all. Saudi was the beginning of the end for me, I can't even get worked up about Qatar at united. City have just won the lot and I barely raise an eyebrow at them as it's all just so hollow. It's incredibly bad for football if 3 gulf states own 3 of the 4 top teams in the premier league this year, and ultimately I'm not sure the premier league - and thereby liverpool - is something worth investing that much time in anymore really. We either sell up - to another state - or we don't compete. I don't really want either of those things. About as close as I can be to walking away from the premier league at the mo.
Out of the loop with this. Have they been bought finally?
Those bastions of credibility the Mirror, Daily Mail and the Express have reported that a Qatari paper has implied that it's done.

Their Mbappe thread is proper embarrassing
I think for Mbappe it's Real Madrid he wants and if he has to wait 12 months to get it then he'll do that. Or it's a negotiating tactic by Mbappe and once they transform into Mbappe FC and build a team to serve him as the sole superstar he'll sign a new contract. Walking out on one under-achieving sportswashing project to move to another seems a bit pointless.

A lot (a majority?) of Man Utd fans are so keen to sell their souls out to Qatar when they're just going to end up being outspent by Saudi Arabia FC in a few years anyway. Imagine being a sportswashing toy and not even getting to gently applaud some bought trophies
The issue is not the money they will be spending, it is that it will most likely be spent better than with the Glazers who barely seemed to care about who they had in charge of the football side.
Wouldn't it actually be more likely for them to be better run and spend their money better if Ratcliffe got to buy them though?
Whoever buys them they will still be sport washers.
According to Delaney two surveys have been done of United fans and 75% have said no to Qatar on both surveys. It’s the hordes on Twitter who are really wanting it.
They are probably bots. Easy to create fakeness in the digital age.
There are lots of “contacts “ working for Qatar on there, they are just sending all sorts of crap out at the moment.
Did he survey every United fan in the world?
Delaney hasn’t surveyed any United fan. He has just reported that of those people who took part in the two survey, 75% said they didn’t want Qatar. It really shouldn’t need explaining to you.
Who took part in the survey? How many of them were there? Can they point to Manchester on a map? 75% is 3 out of 4, so was it only 4 people that were surveyed?

It's a bit of a pointless stat without some context.
The two surveys were in the Athletic newspaper and the United We Stand fanzine. At the end of the day he was arguing with the usual Twitter arses who were trying to claim most people wanted Qatar which is not something they can claim.
If it gives them the money to hijack a couple of our targets, they'll all be for it .
They have the money to do it anyway, they already spend like nation state clubs, they just spend it poorly. Fundamentally it doesn't make much difference who they're owned by unless they sort out the operations behind the scenes.
I feel sorry for genuine United fans. Their club, which is football royalty, that started off with Matt Busby transforming them will be dead if this takeover rumour is true.
The people in the communities that the represent will become disenfranchised and the apologists and wool day trippers will be left supporting a team soaked in blood.
It's worse than that, Katherine Fletcher who has started a organisation called United Against Sports Washing pointed out on the podcast that was done, that nobody in power inside their local communities want to listen to their view point. It like the local politicians have sold out and taken the money, just a betrayal of everything that constitutes a community. It was really good to see her getting together with the Newcastle lads and actually speaking about it publicly. They also had the human rights activist Nicholas McGeehan on as well. I urge people to support it, this could be any club which is why we all need to be on guard

Bangor_Red

Okay John
Bit of a strange article. How can you be lucky to finish above a team you were 2 places above? Why not say Newcastle were lucky to finish above them? We finished ahead of them because we got rid of the circus of Ronaldo? Does he realise the replacement we signed scored zero league goals

RedRocket9908

Bit of a strange article. How can you be lucky to finish above a team you were 2 places above? Why not say Newcastle were lucky to finish above them? We finished ahead of them because we got rid of the circus of Ronaldo? Does he realise the replacement we signed scored zero league goals
Even if he had said Newcastle he would still have been wrong, the truth is Liverpool were very lucky to finish as close to 4th as they did.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

Looking forward to their reaction to this. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.