RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion
It must be hard for you knowing that the best team you've had in decades and will have for years to come is now gone. When you think about what you might have won without city and pep around it must be heartbreaking.

I'm sure you'll still be a force and maybe you'll finish above us next season, but now that the two horse race is over that makes top 4 no guarantee for you anymore. It means you won't get many easy runs of games where you can coast or afford to drop points, meaning more tiredness and pressure on the players as you aren't just fighting one team.

Almost back to reality for you as this season has shown.

It'll be interesting to see your transfer window too now that you can't offer champions league and players can see your drop off of form and slight decline by the last years standards. Also players thinking about joining you have no guarantee that your amazing manager will stay for long term either.

Congrats on qualifying for europe though :D

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Because it was Stoke, not Man Utd (or Everton). Doesn't matter how you think you're handling it, that 7-0 is gonna hurt for a long time. And if it doesn't you're not a real Utd fan.
It was annoying more than anything but like others, I’m well over it already. And the main reason it was annoying is knowing what Liverpool fans are like.

Swedish_Plumber

United make the top 4 and Liverpool fans scream about the 7-0. Wonder what achievements we have they won’t bring it up for?

Hear more about that than when they (finally) won the league.

mshnsh

:lol: :lol:

Who is going to be the brave soul who post this on RAWK?

I would, but I refused to create an account in there
Easy to be brave behind a screen :D
My two cents on the Eddie Murphy thing.

Casual racism and unconscious racism still exists, as much as some of you want to deny it. Black people do often tend to get compared to each other even when they look nothing alike, the same with Asian people.

Many white people don't tend to compare two white people to each other, when they don't look alike, but do it quite often with other ethnic groups.

Even if the meaning behind it isn't malicious, it's still unconscious racism or casual racism.
There is racism at the work place too in Europe, Australia and North America. Easier to get promoted or start a job in a more senior position if you're have a white skin.

Cloud7

On the topic of the 7-0, I would take that and CL football over the Europa any day.

Every big team gets smashed at some point. It happens.

mshnsh

Because it was Stoke, not Man Utd (or Everton). Doesn't matter how you think you're handling it, that 7-0 is gonna hurt for a long time. And if it doesn't you're not a real Utd fan.
It hurt at the time but it was ultimately inconsequential in the grand scheme of things and it doesn'thurt one bit now. Therefore, you go ahead and drink to the 7 nil while listening to the Europa league anthem, whereas we can look forward to listening to the champions league's oh so beautiful anthem on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. :devil:

Oscar Bonavena

Honestly, I was over it as soon as Liverpool lost to Bournemouth the following week. Then it became a joke amongst United fans: "how the f**k did we lose 7-0 to this lot?"

Losing the CL spot to you lot from being so far ahead would have hurt me (at least) a lot more.

The Purley King

Do you look like Conley? My guess is yes?

The racism suggestion is because as has been stated here, apart from having a mustache and being black, Martial and Eddie Murphy don't look alike at all.
Did you not see the comparison photos earlier in the thread? Pretty close resemblance

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
So this Europa early stages. Nearly all teams are Sunday League shit aren't they? Even if you get a good one in your group there two qualification spots anyway.

Did Garnacho develop well in these games? And other youngsters? I'm hoping Bjacetic, Morton, Calvin Ramsay and specially Doak can get some decent game time. Even Carvalho, if he's not loaned out, will need these games.
Bold of you to assume our baldy would give playing time to our youngsters in clashes against the mighty Omonoia and Sheriff.

bosskeano

Guarantee he moans non-stop about the congestion. ETH on the other hand used it to his advantage.
the first time they have an early kickoff on Sunday after playing on Thursday, he'll fuking lose his rag in the post match interview if they lose. Hell, he will probably do it even if they win.

He's learned well from Mourinho about deflection from the truth

Oscar Bonavena

Yeah but does the poster you’re having a go at have thousands of posts on a rival forum?
That was me, and I can confirm I don't have an account on a rival forum! It's hard enough to find the time to post on a United forum, let alone spend my free time amongst a bunch of bitter and deranged Scousers!

And besides, if I had to jump through as many hoops to become a full member of say, RAWK as I had to join the Caf, I honestly wouldn't be arsed!

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
You are missing something. That’s reaching. Saying a black person looks like another black person isn’t racist.

No one would bat an eyelid if a white player was referred to as a white celebrity.
Its a controversial subject due to past stereotypes.
I know a black guy through work contact who is the spitting image of Danny Glover( |Lethal weapon Guy).
It was mentioned to me before I ever met him and Im like hmmm but wow it was unbelievable. Honestly the guy could make a living a Lethal Weapon conventions.
However saying all that, I was still loathe to mention it as a description to people in case I was called out.

dpansheth

So this Europa early stages. Nearly all teams are Sunday League shit aren't they? Even if you get a good one in your group there two qualification spots anyway.

Did Garnacho develop well in these games? And other youngsters? I'm hoping Bjacetic, Morton, Calvin Ramsay and specially Doak can get some decent game time. Even Carvalho, if he's not loaned out, will need these games.
Its for you to find out and us to see

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Hahaha. Nice try.

I class myself as a over the top reactionary when it comes to football and Utd and I couldn't care less about it now. I havent thought about it ages.
Might have felt different if we had blown top 4 but you know what we didn't and Utd fans are feeling a lot less hurt than Liverpool right now

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

At ths time, I thought the 4-1 loss vs Liverpool in 09 would hurt but we finished the season with a trophy and you finished with feck all. That's the overriding memory of 08-09. And it'll be the overriding memory of this season. One thing that will hurt is going to Kazakhstan on a Thursday night a mere 18 months after proclaiming you possess the greatest team in PL history.

Dominos

If you're "hurt" about a one off football result months after the fact you're not a "real fan", you're a severely emotionally unstable individual who needs to see a therapist.

Not one United fan I know gives a shit about that game anymore, we had a much better season than you. The funny thing is most Liverpool fans would swap seasons with us in a heartbeat, they'd take a battering against United if it got them a top 4 finish, a trophy and another final.

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
Liverpool didn’t win for about 6 weeks after the 7-0

probably hurt them more than us in the bigger picture

sometimes everything just goes in (like us v Southampton)

after losing to a team they beat 9-0 (Bournemouth) again in a more important match (happened in 1990 season v palace too) liverpool are rightly scratching their heads about their own inconsistencies

hope they enjoy real betis h&a

mav_9me

Liverpool didn’t win for about 6 weeks after the 7-0

probably hurt them more than us in the bigger picture

sometimes everything just goes in (like us v Southampton)

after losing to a team they beat 9-0 (Bournemouth) again in a more important match (happened in 1990 season v palace too) liverpool are rightly scratching their heads about their own inconsistencies

hope they enjoy real betis h&a
No probably about it.

always_hoping

Honestly, I was over it as soon as Liverpool lost to Bournemouth the following week. Then it became a joke amongst United fans: "how the f**k did we lose 7-0 to this lot?"

Losing the CL spot to you lot from being so far ahead would have hurt me (at least) a lot more.
Same as that, Bournemouth loss simply confirmed the freak nature of that Anfield result. Now had United let top 4 slip and Liverpool leapfrog them a totally different type of hurt altogether. Dumbstar I've no doubt is hurting now, the Liverpool he supports was two wins off winning the quadruple last season and were fully expected to be Man City main title challenger this season yet they won't even have Champions league football in 2024, that really won't hit home until the draw is made on the 31st of August.

Last edited:

sepulturite

My two cents on the Eddie Murphy thing.

Casual racism and unconscious racism still exists, as much as some of you want to deny it. Black people do often tend to get compared to each other even when they look nothing alike, the same with Asian people.

Many white people don't tend to compare two white people to each other, when they don't look alike, but do it quite often with other ethnic groups.

Even if the meaning behind it isn't malicious, it's still unconscious racism or casual racism.
Many white people don't tend to do it? Really? That's bollocks in my friend circle anyway, we have always done it. I'm constantly saying even to myself 'huh that person looks like that other person', whether they're black white Asian or whatever.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
If you're "hurt" about a one off football result months after the fact you're not a "real fan", you're a severely emotionally unstable individual who needs to see a therapist.

Not one United fan I know gives a shit about that game anymore, we had a much better season than you. The funny thing is most Liverpool fans would swap seasons with us in a heartbeat, they'd take a battering against United if it got them a top 4 finish, a trophy and another final.
Sorry but losing by a total of 20 something goals to 3 in the last 5 matches would gnaw at me but hey that’s me , but I guess when you lose 7-0 it gets to be a blur mixed in with 0-5 loss which was worse in my opinion or was it the 4-2 loss before that or was it the 4-0 loss after that. It’s all so blurry so I can see how it doesn’t hurt from the numbness.

Marcus

Sorry but losing by a total of 20 something goals to 3 in the last 5 matches would gnaw at me but hey that’s me , but I guess when you lose 7-0 it gets to be a blur mixed in with 0-5 loss which was worse in my opinion or was it the 4-2 loss before that or was it the 4-0 loss after that. It’s all so blurry so I can see how it doesn’t hurt from the numbness.
Still hurts somewhat to be honest. Freak result or not. But, having Liverpool struggle with playing on Thursday nights and then trying to play pressing football on the weekends is going to be a joy. Especially after United's own injury struggles this season from going so deep in all the cup competitions.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah but you spent a fecking fortune last year and now you’re in Europa League and that’s objectively funny. What makes it funnier is your attempt to cope with nonsense like above. We’ll enjoy our Champions League nights and attracting players with Champions League football and you enjoy your Thursday nights and toning down your expectations about who wants to play for you.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
There's plenty other threads to discuss Liverpool and results…

Last edited:

GazTheLegend

On the topic of the 7-0, I would take that and CL football over the Europa any day.

Every big team gets smashed at some point. It happens.
It's like some Liverpool fan made a wish on a monkeys paw isn't it. "I wish we would beat man Utd 7-nil this season!". A sinister puff of smoke as the paw curls up...

As a black man, with Martial growing out his facial hair, there is definitely similarities between him and 80s Murphy.

Stormzy literally called himself “Grime scene Lukaku”.

Anyway, back to the topic. Liverpool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.