Ray Wilkins passes away after suffering a heart attack

pacifictheme

From the article..."Wilkins, who has bravely battled poor health including ulcerative colitis over the last few years, was given the all clear after a double heart bypass operation last July."

Shit, didn't realise his health issues over the past few years. He is only 61.
Hes pretty much an alcoholic so its not too surprising.

Awful news though, seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Not good news. Hoping he pulls through.

Out of hospital cardiac arrests are normally fatal, so to even be alive now is astonishing.

Seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Sing you a song

thought this worthy of a thread.wilkins played over 180 times for united and over 80 times for England.so sad to hear he is in critical condition let's hope he pulls through

RedFish

Oh no. This is horrible news. I Just saw this on BBC website. Apparently he's had a cardiac arrest. I find him a really likeable character. Hope he recovers.

prateik

I'm sure there has been a thread for this since the morning.

Terrible news. Hope he recovers.

Sing you a song

Apologies I didn't realise it was covered in main football forum.I really like the guy and thought his midfield partnership with Bryan Robson for both United and England was fantastic

Strachans Cigar

Only just heard, sad news.

Club a bit slow off the mark before acknowledging it on Twitter apparently which is also a bit sad to hear.

Anyhow, what a beautiful goal that was against Brighton in ‘83. Up there with Whitesides winner in ‘85 imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43605259

Hope he can pull through. Good luck Ray.

Brophs

The One and Only
RIP

Seemed a decent man who had a great sense of humour about himself. I went to a radio roadshow thing a few years and he brought down the house by doing his bit from the Tango ad.

Apocalypse

Supports
Chelsea
RIP Butch. Only 61. Such a wonderful person, all my thoughts are with Jackie right now.

careca07

What a fantastic goal at Wembley that was. If you have achievements like that remembered by millions you've really made your mark on the world. Far too young to go.