Ray Wilkins passes away after suffering a heart attack

0le

I hope he can recover, terrible news.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
From the article..."Wilkins, who has bravely battled poor health including ulcerative colitis over the last few years, was given the all clear after a double heart bypass operation last July."

Shit, didn't realise his health issues over the past few years. He is only 61.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Always sounded in good health. Like listening to him. Hope he's ok. Remember his goal in the cup final against Brighton.

Good luck Ray. Thoughts with you.

cyberman

Arnie just had emergency heart surgery tonight as well.
Hope they both pull through

FujiVice

He's battled alcoholism for years. Poor sod hasnt been in the best of health for years. Hope he pulls through.

Crazy to think Fergie tried to by him back in around 94, as a bit part player in the wake of Bryan Robson leaving. Always seems like someone from a different world, but he was still going in the Premiership.

SuzieQ

Arnie just had emergency heart surgery tonight as well.
Hope they both pull through
Arnie didnt have a heart attack, he had a replacement valve from 97 replace by catheter. An open heart team was on stand by, but it went without an problems. When he woke up he said "Im back". I read that he had open heart surgery but typical click bait.

Best wishes to ray, fingers crossed for him.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Awful news. Does anyone know how bad it is? Hopefully he’ll be okay!

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
God bless you Ray.

Was too young to watch him play, but I do remember him being one of the oldest players in Championship Manager 97/98, me and my mate used to joke that the reason it took so long to start a new career was because it was loading his long and illustrious playing career stats.

Strong looking bloke, let's hope he can pull through this.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
BBC reporting his wife said he had a Cardiac Arrest - that's not the quite same as a heart attack - it's much worse and in the overwhelming majority of cases it's fatal.

The fact he's being reported to be alive in hospital is a very encouraging start. Horrible situation for anybody.

Devillish

Always sounded in good health. Like listening to him. Hope he's ok. Remember his goal in the cup final against Brighton.

Good luck Ray. Thoughts with you.
I always thought it was a shame that wasn't an FA Cup winning goal. Beautiful curling shot.

Keep fighting Ray.

Darkhorsez

Terrible news - one of my favourite players and a really decent guy. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Revaulx

His time at Old Trafford was blighted by injuries and he became very risk averse. People quickly forgot that he was brilliant in his first season and took us to our highest league finish between 1967 and SAF.

Get well soon Ray.

worldinmotion66

Hope he pulls through, he always comes across as a very decent bloke. Get well soon butch.

dogwithabone

Hope he can recover. Had his problems but always comes across as a genuinely good guy. He always looks fit and well and has the glow of someone in relatively good health.

vidic blood & sand

Speedy recovery to one of the most likeable men in the game.
Such a technically gifted player, and amazing passer of the ball. Muhren and Wilkins in the same team were a joy to watch.

ZAGREB RED

Very sad to hear this, a true gentleman and a nice guy, all the best Ray, get well soon.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Hope he pulls through. Seems like a lovely guy and was a great player. As others have said he has had a booze problem for years.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I always thought it was a shame that wasn't an FA Cup winning goal. Beautiful curling shot.

Keep fighting Ray.
Was an absolute beauty. Loved that his celebration mirrored the goal too. Yeah should have been a winner

Shocking news; he's in a bad way. Very best of luck to Ray in pulling through this and making a full recovery. He's known as one of football's nice guys.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Get well soon Ray. He always comes across as s very genuine and nice person. A pundit that I like listening too as well :(

buchansleftleg

Hope Ray pulls through. He was a great influence for the club. A classy player and by all accounts a total gent.

Massively underrated in this country but adored by Milan fans. I hope he manages to recover from this.

Last edited:

thelittlestelf

Really sad news, hope he pulls through. Met him outside once and he took 15 minutes of his time to chat and take a photo with me and my sister.