Reaction of opposition fans to the protest

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Think the biggest impact on the club was SAF retiring. The Glazers were just basking in his glory and it has gone downhill since. The fact they are not really interested in football means they don't have a clue how to put it right.
Of course they don't. They think that all they need to do is to hire people who are supposed to understand how to operate a football club.

TheReligion

Abusive
Tbf they have no reason to protest against their owners. Why would they, without their owners, they are maybe close to Newcastle and Sunderland. For us, Glazers are shit for the club taking out shit loads of money, for them club is still in league/not midtable because of their owners.

IF you mean the reactions of the rival fans for the protests, well we can't expect everyone to be onboard also I don't expect few of the clueless rival fans to even understand why there are protests.
Oh I don't disagree they love their owner. They pretty much owe him everything. What's surprised me the most is the utter ignorance of him failing to acknowledge the state of English football throughout the football leagues. Apparently nothing wrong with it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Oh I don't disagree they love their owner. They pretty much owe him everything. What's surprised me the most is the utter ignorance of him failing to acknowledge the state of English football throughout the football leagues. Apparently nothing wrong with it.
English football league failed when they allowed the hostile take over of the biggest UK club. How did they even pass the fit and proper test?

If not for SAF, this club would have been in administration .

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus. Can anyone be so far out of touch with reality than you. Do you have any idea how many clubs have gone under recently? Or do you only care about yourself and Chelsea?
Well I only care about myself and Chelsea.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
For your "world class academy" youve produced feck all really since Roman came in.

You really don't get it at all do you. Like literally have zero idea or understanding of the matter. I thought Souness was bad the other day but you really take the biscuit.
You really haven't said anything buddy, except some over dramatic bs. Clubs were and have always been going under in football. That's how competition works...the strive to get to the top always leaves some behind. Covid just helped speed up the inevitable for some, just like every major world event has in the last century (ww2 etc). The overall structure, finance, competition and attraction of the English game has never been better. If you disagree with this, we are wasting our time here.

Also about the academy....wow! So I suppose the only measure of success of top team's academy in your eyes is how many top players they produce for their first team? Wow so much for caring for all those teams lower down the ladder who have you academy products from all these top team's in their teams. I wonder for the maximum 2 to 3 who make the United first team from the academy, where all the rest of the 20+ go?
It's a dumb argument buddy. You can do better.

Last edited:

Lee565

City fans ain't got room to talk, there were more united fans protesting in the stadium on sunday than what city usually get in home fan attendance for their matches.

Crimson King

Nail on hammer right here! It's funny some fans on here pretending this is a league thing all the fans of the “big clubs” should join in protesting United’s poor management. Those same people are the ones who go on tirades pissing on the likes of City, PSG, Chelsea etc owners who are actually investing in their teams and communities...building world class training facilities, infrastructure and academies....just because they have cobbwebs in the closets the Western media don't hesitate to bring to light. But the American leeches are saintly who got their wealth through no neferious activities at all. They are angelic leeches!
Also it's hard to pinpoint what these United protestors really want. They don't want to be run like a profit oriented business anymore, they also don't want Arab/Asian investment and of course absolutely despise ‘Sugar Daddies’ so unless there is some benevolent entity out there who loves United so much it'll let them spend whatever they want on transfers etc without taking anything out but at the same time not so much as to not qualify as a ‘Sugar daddy’....I don't know what all this is about.
Oh feck off you goon! The state of your last few comments in this thread just highlights how you can't tell your arse from your elbow.

We know Chelsea fans have a lot to be grateful to Roman for (although some of you seem to forget that as soon as the success dries up for a season or two) but that doesn't mean he should have ever qualified as a 'fit and proper person', just like a leveraged buyout by the Glazers should never have been allowed. Roman isn't even the kind of investor/owner we're genuinely concerned about. His wealth pales in comparison to the oil state owned clubs, and he doesn't have the political clout they do either. We know they 'invest in communities', but we know that's to distract from the fact they're condemned by amnesty international year on year. We're not all morally perfect SJWs, but everyone has a line of shit they don't want to cross, and for most people human rights abuses is on the other side of that line. Most Utd fans hate the Glazers, but we don't want the Saudis coming in for that exact reason. We don't need to be put on the map, and we don't want to be a PR vehicle for a morally bankrupt regime. It's really not that hard to understand.

Chelsea got themselves in a mess through poor management and were days from bankruptcy, but very few Utd fans would have wanted that to happen. They mostly run off their own steam now, and don't use dodgy sponsorship deals (from companies the club's owners also own) to 'cook the books', as it were.

The reason we protest is because when the Glazers bought Utd we didn't need outside investment, and that's not we got anyway. Most of us realise that people are going to make money out of the club, and perhaps that is their right through share dividends and the like. Money makes more money if you have enough of it. You can still make a shitload of cash without being a 'benevolent entity'. Just make sure the club's profits go into reinvestment (players, stadium, community projects) and not repaying massive high interest loans you used to buy those shares. You can do all this and still make enough money to last you several lifetimes, especially if you lead the club properly and it's successful.

You obviously haven't taken a second to actually consider any of this with any real purpose. Try to put the tribalism aside for just a second and look at the bigger picture before coming on this forum and posting this nonsense.

TheReligion

Abusive
You really haven't said anything buddy, except some over dramatic bs. Clubs were and have always been going under in football. That's how competition works...the strive to get to the top always leaves some behind. Covid just helped speed up the inevitable for some, just like every major world event has in the last century (ww2 etc). The overall structure, finance, competition and attraction of the English game has never been better. If you disagree with this, we are wasting our time here.

Also about the academy....wow! So I suppose the only measure of success of top team's academy in your eyes is how many top players they produce for their first team? Wow so much for caring for all those teams lower down the ladder who have you academy products from all these top team's in their teams. I wonder for the maximum 2 to 3 who make the United first team from the academy, where all the rest of the 20+ go?
You're American. Aren't you?

PS United produce the most academy talent throughout the whole football pyramid. From our first team right the way down.

TheReligion

Abusive
Oh feck off you goon! The state of your last few comments in this thread just highlights how you can't tell your arse from your elbow.

We know Chelsea fans have a lot to be grateful to Roman for (although some of you seem to forget that as soon as the success dries up for a season or two) but that doesn't mean he should have ever qualified as a 'fit and proper person', just like a leveraged buyout by the Glazers should never have been allowed. Roman isn't even the kind of investor/owner we're genuinely concerned about. His wealth pales in comparison to the oil state owned clubs, and he doesn't have the political clout they do either. We know they 'invest in communities', but we know that's to distract from the fact they're condemned by amnesty international year on year. We're not all morally perfect SJWs, but everyone has a line of shit they don't want to cross, and for most people human rights abuses is on the other side of that line. Most Utd fans hate the Glazers, but we don't want the Saudis coming in for that exact reason. We don't need to be put on the map, and we don't want to be a PR vehicle for a morally bankrupt regime. It's really not that hard to understand.

Chelsea got themselves in a mess through poor management and were days from bankruptcy, but very few Utd fans would have wanted that to happen. They mostly run off their own steam now, and don't use dodgy sponsorship deals (from companies the club's owners also own) to 'cook the books', as it were.

The reason we protest is because when the Glazers bought Utd we didn't need outside investment, and that's not we got anyway. Most of us realise that people are going to make money out of the club, and perhaps that is their right through share dividends and the like. Money makes more money if you have enough of it. You can still make a shitload of cash without being a 'benevolent entity'. Just make sure the club's profits go into reinvestment (players, stadium, community projects) and not repaying massive high interest loans you used to buy those shares. You can do all this and still make enough money to last you several lifetimes, especially if you lead the club properly and it's successful.

You obviously haven't taken a second to actually consider any of this with any real purpose. Try to put the tribalism aside for just a second and look at the bigger picture before coming on this forum and posting this nonsense.
Good post but don't explain it to him. He's joined up and should educate himself on the issues. If he's not interested then he had no business being here other than to troll.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

United really aren’t a club you can lecture on having players playing throughout the division, united are excellent in that sense.

mrball_uk

Can we at least agree that the ESL proposal has made all fans of whatever club in England realise that the fans and even the players and staff within the top clubs are simply a commodity to the owners of those clubs that wanted to join? The ESL is not going away. Something similar will resurface to ensure that the owners are able to treat football in the same was as the franchises in the USA but without the balance of a "draft" and with no understanding of how important the Premier League is to all those tradable commodities!
The only way I can see this being prevented in the future is for all clubs fans to put so much pressure on the Government that the review actually has some teeth to it. That means fans and supporters trusts and organisations putting aside our rivalries on the pitch and realising that this is a battle for the entire future of the game.
For myself I admit I thought we had already lost this battle......when leveraged buyouts taking place, overseas owners with questionable backgrounds not challenged or investigated fully and even many fellow Utd fans seeming to be happy with the status quo so long as we "won on the pitch."
Now I feel like the pitiful ESL launch with owners taking for granted that everyone would just accept it and roll over has given us all a small window to actually reduce the gap between ownership and the fans again. But only if the Government realises that the business of English football - from the Premier League down through the entire pyramid - is under threat.
Is it not possible for Utd fans to stand shoulder to shoulder with other football fans under some kind of simple "banner" - it cannot be just about ESL or the particular ownership issues that Utd faces.......I think it has to be about fans having a voice in the future of all clubs - and when I mean voice it must be a direct ability to influence decisions. Although I think Utd are in a far worse position that any of our rivals with the ownership model we have - the same gap between those at the top and those at the bottom is the same surely?

Lee565

I see many opposition fans and lazy pundits claim that despite taking money out the club, the glazers since taking over have been able to deliver great revenue profits through their commercial strategy but this is absolute rubbish, it's mainly down to the general growth in football and especially thanks to the popularity of the premier league where even mid table sides are now able to splash big cash during the transfer window.