Real Madrid’s £700-Million Stadium Redevelopment

redrobed

I hate how every stadium is turning into a soulless bowl.
Pretty Soulless regardless. People who follow Real tend to be people that wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for their trophies anyway.

R'hllor

Imagine spending money on a stadium, just use one you have till roof comes down, hopefully without killing someone

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The renovations at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu continue full force during the COVID-19 pandemic

https://ftnnews.com/sports/41676-the-santiago-bernabeu-real-madrid-s-700-million-stadium-redevelopment#:~:text=On June 14th, 2020, Real,on their traditional home ground.&text=Now, Real Madrid are seeking,73-year-old ground.

Our poor stadium just gets older and older...
How can Real Madrid afford this.
Really dislike that. All these modern stadiums have zero character.

It looks like the Pulse Oximeter I'm currently using :lol:

Mindhunter

Then why do they have triouble funding Pogba and Mbappe.
I think capital assets are different though. They are worth 0 if not completed. They started the project early and will definitely squeeze every last dollar to complete it else their investment is sunk.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Loads of people say the new stadiums have no soul etc but I don't buy it. I would love for United to have one of those hyper-modern stadiums. Keep the red brick dugouts to keep the purists happy.

RUCK4444

Then why do they have triouble funding Pogba and Mbappe.
Because they have to pretend to the outside world that they are at least attempting to run the club legit.

They could be Billions in debt and it wouldn’t make a difference. Spanish govt won’t let them collapse.

RUCK4444

Not sure why people care about a super futuristic, new stadiums.

At the end of the day all that really matters is how many fans can cram inside and a top quality pitch in the middle.

All Old Trafford needs is large sections of standing fans, lick of paint and a lawnmower.

Oh and pies and Lager. Your there for the football game, not to soak up the architecture.

RooneyLegend

At the end of the day all that really matters is how many fans can cram inside and a top quality pitch in the middle.

All Old Trafford needs is large sections of standing fans, lick of paint and a lawnmower.

Oh and pies and Lager. Your there for the football game, not to soak up the architecture.
I'm with you. Don't understand why more clubs don't go the Atletico Madrid route, build it cheap and big. No need for this extra stuff. Can't remember going to a match and caring all that much about how modern it is.

RC89

What on earth are you all on about? It looks incredible!

"It has no soul", what does that even mean, do you want red bricks and cement?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

So true. Looks magnificent

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
People forget that new stadiums are money making machines. Is not a pitch with seats. And if you want the best you need money. And frankly Allianz Arena, for example looks fecking awesome

amolbhatia50k

Like modern art. Sleek and generic

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Its an interesting argument -- people have been re-looking at what to do with traditional spaces for a couple of decades now. Downtowns of cities are nearly empty after office hours and are constantly in need of some sort of rejuvenation or it slumps into some crime ridden area after dark.

OT would be empty if not for the tours and Megastore and thus underutilising the space.

Singapore's Changi Airport has utilised the passenger terminals to the next level -- instead of having a facility that has drab buildings that welcomes arriving and departing passengers, they have built what was a former car park between terminals into a facility that locals, passengers with a few hours to kill can kill:

redshaw

Looks like a CPU cooler by Corsair

Inside it remains the same so not really a soulless bowl style of today, really just adding a platform roof and side extensions to the existing stadium.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
People think it doesn't have soul but Pérez has been trying to suck the soul out of football.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Pretty Soulless regardless. People who follow Real tend to be people that wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for their trophies anyway.
That can be said for a lot of top clubs? ;)

:lol:

Still looks like a pulse oximeter to me. But then again, I could just be seeing those everywhere now.
That’s exactly what it looks like.

My favourite design was for the new Stamford Bridge, that looked superb in my opinion, brilliant architecture to fit in with the surroundings.

The arches gave it an almost Roman (no pun intended) feel. A stadium design where it felt some actual thought went into it.

amolbhatia50k

My favourite design was for the new Stamford Bridge, that looked superb in my opinion, brilliant architecture to fit in with the surroundings.

The arches gave it an almost Roman (no pun intended) feel. A stadium design where it felt some actual thought went into it.
Agree that looks really good. I probably am a traditionalist when it comes to design. I like "art style" over "technology". But some new stadiums, even if they're modern, they look so generic and metallic for the sake of it. The one you posted is much better

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The second video looks completely different to how they planned the rebuild in the first....

Are we sure that they have stuck to the plans correctly?!!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Looked like a brutalist heatsink.

Looked like a brutalist heatsink.
Opinions innit.

I think it looks absolutely miles better than the majority of generic new stadium designs. Kinda in the same way the Colosseum manages to be a better stadium than any other stadium built in Rome despite being roughly 2000 years old.

We have two ”state-of-the-Art” stadiums in Stockholm, yet Stadion from a visual standpoint still absolutely pisses on them. One will be around forever as a great piece of architecture, the others bulldozed within a few decades.

Last edited:

Kingantti1874

Supports
Hearts
Very nice however, not sure why it would be necessary to install a fully closed roof in Madrid. Should save themselves a hundred million or so and drop that.

Spoony

The People's President
Like modern art. Sleek and generic

It's exactly the same bowl. I'm not a fan of it but the stadium will look much better. This 'soulless' stuff is hilarious...it doesn't mean anything...was OT soulless circa 94? It was the template for many identikit stadia back then.

Red00012

That looks awful