Real Madrid 2022-2023 edition

Lee565

They definitely need an overhaul, their team has come to end of its cycle and were flattered by their victory over Liverpool who were way off the mark themselves during that part of the season

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Has Real Madrid ever had a purge like this one in modern times? Depending on who they bring in, this might be the biggest offseason for you guys since 2009?
Well, yes, probably. For the inauguration of the new Bernabéu they were supposed to sign a lot and many of us assumed that it would start two or three years ago.
In any case Kane...I don't think he was in their plans... (although I love him). If they have to pay 100 million for him, why not offer 150 for Mbappe and not wait until 2024.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, yes, probably. For the inauguration of the new Bernabéu they were supposed to sign a lot and many of us assumed that it would start two or three years ago.
In any case Kane...I don't think he was in their plans... (although I love him). If they have to pay 100 million for him, why not offer 150 for Mbappe and not wait until 2024.
Mbappe saga is done.

Kane would be good for a couple of years (hopefully), but he might prefer United to get the record. Don’t see other options at the moment. Hopefully Endrick will be worth it in a couple of years.

Only Modric, Kroos and Carvajal left of the dream team. :(

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe saga is done.

Kane would be good for a couple of years (hopefully), but he might prefer United to get the record. Don’t see other options at the moment. Hopefully Endrick will be worth it in a couple of years.

Only Modric, Kroos and Carvajal left of the dream team. :(
I'm afraid it won't be the last time we hear about Mbappe. The "he has apologized to the president" has already appeared. He will try to sign the best and we, if that is the case, will end up forgetting.
Well yes, it should be noted that Modric (new captain) has rejected that massive offer. @carvajal will be the last one :D

RoyH1

I don't think you'll ever get him. He's a state level question for Qatar and it's really not about the money for them, now, is it?
Makes sense that they'd want a bunch of new blood at the new flagship Bernabeu. I'm not too sure that Ancelotti is the guy to start a new project though. He's more the grand seigneur to win with an experienced lot. I'd go for a fresher coach if I was Florentino

BerryBerryShrew

I'm afraid it won't be the last time we hear about Mbappe. The "he has apologized to the president" has already appeared. He will try to sign the best and we, if that is the case, will end up forgetting.
Well yes, it should be noted that Modric (new captain) has rejected that massive offer. @carvajal will be the last one :D
How would Mbappé fit into the team with Vinicius? Or is there a belief that Vini may not sign a new deal?

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Fresh coach is needed indeed but i think they will do it next season. With Ancelotti, Kroos, Modric and probably Carvajal gone it will be the real start of the new cycle..

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
How would Mbappé fit into the team with Vinicius? Or is there a belief that Vini may not sign a new deal?
The source is relevo, which now seems to be absolutely everywhere but I think that would be the idea

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I think we should move on and Perez will probably not bother after years of trying. We got Vini in that position anyway. Best to focus on other areas. Mbappe train had passed imo.

Hope Modric, Kroos and Dani get a good farewell. Not often we are able to do that.

wr8_utd

:'(
The source is relevo, which now seems to be absolutely everywhere but I think that would be the idea
All the rumors have been that Mbappe doesn't quite want to play as a proper striker though so interesting to see where he plays if he does come. Also, you can't quite go for Haaland if you do get Mbappe.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Is Mendy not good enough when healthy?
Defensively, one of the best. Very responsible for last year's successes but I don't think he's getting paid what he wants to renew and this year he's been injured too long.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think we should move on and Perez will probably not bother after years of trying. We got Vini in that position anyway. Best to focus on other areas. Mbappe train had passed imo.

Hope Modric, Kroos and Dani get a good farewell. Not often we are able to do that.
I think Vini may just leave at some point but Mbappe most certainly does come in. Besides, PSG looks like quite an average squad in general right now once they lose Messi and Neymar. It's a team in chaos.

Trezeguet17

Real Madrid - one of the greatest franchise of all time, arguably the GOAT franchise.
Always clutch in crunch time.
Looking forward on how they will cope with their MVP leaving

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Is Mendy not good enough when healthy?
No. Fine enough as an option on the bench. But he is poor on the ball, good defensively (positioning not very good though) and doesn’t offer much when attacking. I believe we are getting Fran Garcia next season for that position anyway and move Cama to midfield.

I think Vini may just leave at some point but Mbappe most certainly does come in. Besides, PSG looks like quite an average squad in general right now once they lose Messi and Neymar. It's a team in chaos.
I can see Vini wanting to leave due to the racism and we should accomodate if he wants to move. I honestly don’t see Mbappe coming ever. Pissed off the fans and Perez, PSG will never sell to us and 0 chance he leaves on a free. I think it more likely him moving to the PL if he does leave PSG. Which is all fine tbh, just didn’t work out and it is what it is.

I’m very hopeful for Endrick, would love it if he can join Vini and Rodrygo and do well.

Lee565

If it was any other club that haaland played for they would make a move for him this summer but they know they can't compete with many city's true hidden financial package that haaland and his family are getting from the club

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Kane makes sense from a marketing and football perspective. I can see him pushing strongly for it given the trophies he's won so far.

Havertz I don't really get, we need the money though and he'll probably look much better for them.

RoyH1

Kane makes sense from a marketing and football perspective. I can see him pushing strongly for it given the trophies he's won so far.

Havertz I don't really get, we need the money though and he'll probably look much better for them.
Not sure about that. Lot's of pressure down there and I don't think he'd excel against the low block that many clubs put up against Madrid down there.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Defensively, one of the best. Very responsible for last year's successes but I don't think he's getting paid what he wants to renew and this year he's been injured too long.
Instead of Mendy you could also simply play Alaba there. I mean, you are paying him €20m, you might as well use him. ;)

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Has Real Madrid ever had a purge like this one in modern times? Depending on who they bring in, this might be the biggest offseason for you guys since 2009?
It's not that unusual actually.

2013: Ozil, Higuaín, Albiol, Kaká, and Callejón.
2014: Di Maria, Alonso, and Morata.
2021: Varane, Ramos, and Odegaard.
2022: Casemiro, Bale, Isco, Marcelo, Jovic.

Other than Benzema, the players leaving this season are substitutes (Nacho, Asensio) or complete non-entities (Hazard, Mariano).

GeneralKenobi

Underwhelming transfers after an underwhelming season and a preseason full of injuries.

Fran Garcia covers the weak spot in the LB and Bellingham is a great addition to the midfield.

But we lost and didn't replace Benzema. Our attack is worse, and so is our defense and GK with Militao's and Courtois' long-term injuries.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Underwhelming transfers after an underwhelming season and a preseason full of injuries.

Fran Garcia covers the weak spot in the LB and Bellingham is a great addition to the midfield.

But we lost and didn't replace Benzema. Our attack is worse, and so is our defense and GK with Militao's and Courtois' long-term injuries.
It's interesting though that the midfield is very different to last season.

First because of Bellingham's addition. Second because Tchouameni is a starter now and last season he was parting from the bench since the World Cup took place and third because Fran Garcia covering that left back spot means Camavinga can now play in the middle.

That means there are three changes in midfield with respect to Madrid's lineup vs City at the Etihad for instance.

Also, with Vinicius injury, Carlo is going to trust the 4-3-2-1 formation, aka Christmas Tree or Pyramid, he used at Milan in the 2000s, with Joselu as the main striker and Rodrygo and Bellingham just behind him.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
On a different note, the club has published this video with images of the stadium renovations. I don't know much about architecture at all, but it looks good to me.

Sylar

On a different note, the club has published this video with images of the stadium renovations. I don't know much about architecture at all, but it looks good to me.

Looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it

RuudTom83

The roof...would that just be for concerts and non-football events? they wouldn't be allowed to use if got a league or CL match right?

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
The roof...would that just be for concerts and non-football events? they wouldn't be allowed to use if got a league or CL match right?
It can be used in matches, but it has to be previously approved by referees or organizations (not sure who, but not Real Madrid) before the match or something like that.

Right now is not finished, water can get in by the sides.

Reactions: Damien

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Non-football events such as concerts and other sports yes.

Liga matches, I think I read before they could use today if it rains in Madrid. Champions League I am not very sure to be honest.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
For games as well, both CL and league.

RuudTom83

Hmm interesting, you might argue it's an unfair advantage to Real. Playing indoors is not as big a difference as playing on artificial turf, but still in today's age of moaning about absolutely everything, you would think teams would complain if it was a semi final CL match etc.

But then Ajax has a roof right?...so I might be talking bollocks and it's a total none issue.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Hmm interesting, you might argue it's an unfair advantage to Real. Playing indoors is not as big a difference as playing on artificial turf, but still in today's age of moaning about absolutely everything, you would think teams would complain if it was a semi final CL match etc.

But then Ajax has a roof right?...so I might be talking bollocks and it's a total none issue.
I mean it’s not like the roof will be closed only for our players…and yes Ajax has it as well.

RuudTom83

I mean it’s not like the roof will be closed only for our players…and yes Ajax has it as well.
Haha obviously...but it wouldn't be a new thing for Real, but for the visitors it would be...but yeah not a huge deal.

Imagine the roof closed against Barca! all that noise trapped inside...goosebumps! it would be unreal.

GeneralKenobi

It can be used in matches, but it has to be previously approved by referees or organizations (not sure who, but not Real Madrid) before the match or something like that.

Right now is not finished, water can get in by the sides.
If I'm not mistaken the retractable roof already is completely finished but not fully tested yet.
They have successfully tested the opening and closing system (it only takes 15 minutes).
But they have yet to test the elevation system.

Once the retractable roof is closed it gets elevated to the same level as the rest of the roof. The water getting in through the sides is due to the fact thet the roof is not elevated to its closed position. Not because it is still to be finished being built.

Haha obviously...but it wouldn't be a new thing for Real, but for the visitors it would be...but yeah not a huge deal.

Imagine the roof closed against Barca! all that noise trapped inside...goosebumps! it would be unreal.
This is a great point. The noise aspect was already noticeable during last season's champions league games. The noise was far greater than before and the roof was halfway there compared to now. The 'efecto caldera' is going to be amazing.