Real Madrid are still trying to offload Coentrao - Retired due to injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Fabio Coentrao is running out of time: Real Madrid gave him two additional weeks of vacations to find a new team, with no luck. Even if Theo leaves, Lopetegui doesn't want him. [LINK]

Plus side -
Good player. Has done well at Sporting. Would be cheap. He's only 30.

Negative side -
Made of glass. Wages would cost loads. Shit hair. Reputation for smoking/poor professionalism.

What say you caftards? Will this be like when Real were offloading Sneijder and Robben and everyone was like "Naw, they are shit. We don't sign Madrids leftovers!" and then they went on to play the best football of their careers and win everything? Or is he just over the hill?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
One more for the plus side - useful man to have around in case of maritime emergency :

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He's only 30, has had a great season at Sporting Lisbon and we need a left back.
We need a left back, but we don’t need him. I’d rather wait if we aren’t going to sign anyone at the level we need.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I don’t need to see any Sporting games to tell you that we won’t be signing him and that’s a good thing. Just my opinion.
So you're saying, with no evidence and no knowledge of the player and his recent performances/team, that we definitively shouldn't sign him?

Just clarifying. Seems fair.

This is why I never post things.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
So you're saying, with no evidence and no knowledge of the player and his recent performances/team, that we definitively shouldn't sign him?

I’ve seen plenty in the past to base my conclusions on. He’s an ok player, good at times but definitely not a solution for us. I’d rather have Young and Shaw, but I also can’t wait to sign a much better LB, hopefully next summer.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I’ve seen plenty in the past to base my conclusions on. He’s an ok player, good at times but definitely not a solution for us. I’d rather have Young and Shaw, but I also can’t wait to sign a much better LB, hopefully next summer.
Fair enough. I am inclined to agree with you. There's definitely an argument to be made for signing him as well; but I don't think it solves our problem. Mostly down to how injury prone he seems to be.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I remember his wife celebrating when his loan move to United broke down on the final day under Moyes. feck him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
:lol:

I'm afraid that this boat has sailed for us, a couple of years ago, I think under Moyes/LVG when we were targetting him, I'd have taken him as Evra's successor but now not really, not sure he's better than Young at the moment and that's simply not good enough.

2E_MUFC

So you ask a question on a forum. But don’t like it when people disagree with you? :confused: And by the way Ashley Young is better than Coentrao....

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
So you ask a question on a forum. But don’t like it when people disagree with you? :confused: And by the way Ashley Young is better than Coentrao....
I don't disagree with him. I agree with him. I just don't agree with his logic.

If you agree that it is fair to pass judgement on a player having not seen them play at all in the past year, then fair dues to you. That does make you a complete and total gowl though. More power to you!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@Reapersoul20 I think it was probably a decent idea 5 years ago, and I'm not sure how close he was to joining United then? But I think it's better to just stick with Young for this season and see who's available next summer.

And never be shy of posting :)

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
@Reapersoul20 I think it was probably a decent idea 5 years ago, and I'm not sure how close he was to joining United then? But I think it's better to just stick with Young for this season and see who's available next summer.

And never be shy of posting :)
Fair. Yeah, wasnt there stories that he was crying after his transfer to us didn't go through on time? I think that was when Moyes was our manager. Good times :lol:.

Robbie Boy

Robbie, Katie. Katie, Robbie.

I think you will like each other. Imagine the great, monosyllabic conversation ye can have over dinner.

Why even post a response if it's just "No"?? WHAT IS THE POINT ??!? THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD. FOR DISCUSSION.

JESUS. H. CHRIST.
Ok.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
OMG no! What is it with this place calling for signings just for the sake of it!

We already have 2 superior left backs in Young & Shaw. Plus, he's a crock on a huge wage, we have enough of them already! I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Wolves or Watford etc.

Santos J

He's nowhere near good enough physically anymore, he'd be fecked in the Prem.

marktan

I wouldve loved to have signed him 2-3 seasons ago. A very technical player and a shame for him that he had the best atracking full back in the world ahead of him as hed start for most top teams.

If he can still run I'd take him, attacking wise a better option than Young or Shaw (though i havent watched him in years so no idea how he is now).

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Fair. Yeah, wasnt there stories that he was crying after his transfer to us didn't go through on time? I think that was when Moyes was our manager. Good times :lol:.
It was the summer of 2013 when we had faith in Moyes and all that. I forgot about the crying :lol:

Nick7

Sorry, I have to leave the transfer forum. This has all gotten too intellectual for me.
It's not a question that needs an intellectual answer. He's too slow for us. He's a decent defender but not great going forward. If we want more if the same, sure Coentrao. But really Sporting is his level. He's just nowhere near what we need as a left back and as part of the team.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd rather do a double swoop at Spurs and bring in Alderweireld and Rose.
Rose isn't a million miles away from done. Too often injured and doesn't seem to have the attacking swagger he once did. And imagine the price as well.

If we're raiding Spurs Alderweireld and Eriksen are the only ones worth looking at. Actual world class.

Enigma_87

You know who
The most depressing thing is that he's probably better than all of our LB options currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.