Real Madrid are still trying to offload Coentrao - Retired due to injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Is he in the thread of players you have forgot even existed ? If not, he should be.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Five years ago maybe. Right now I don’t think he’s even good enough to play for Wolves, he himself has pulled out of Portugal squad ahead of World Cup because he admitted he was nowhere near good enough to play.

Fully Fledged

Rose isn't a million miles away from done. Too often injured and doesn't seem to have the attacking swagger he once did. And imagine the price as well.

If we're raiding Spurs Alderweireld and Eriksen are the only ones worth looking at. Actual world class.
Yeah but we aren't getting Eriksen this window.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's still on Madrid's books? Mental.

fallengt

I still remember Mourinho actually preferred Coentrao in LB position over Marcelo :rolleyes:

Nick7

I still remember Mourinho actually preferred Coentrao in LB position over Marcelo :rolleyes:
When was that then? Because in the La Liga winning season Marcelo played a lot more appearances, in the following season Marcelo was first choice when fit. He had a broken toe and hamstring that kept him out for most of the season.

Mourinho preferring Coentrao was a myth spread on here when it looked like we were signing him under van Gaal. Not something with actual facts behind it.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I see these kind of threads like this one and the "would Barca and Real dominate the Prem" thread and I think they are piss takes, but then I open one and I realize it was all serious:houllier:

MichaelRed

I've always thought he was a great player tbh. I'd 100% take a punt on him if it wouldn't cost us much. Can't believe people say 'stick with Young for another season'. Are you insane? Young is utter trash. He provides nothing both defensively and offensively. Why the obsession with playing wingers in defence? He wasn't even a decent winger ffs.

Edit: Also, who do you want Shaw to learn from? A bang average winger in his prime Ashley Young who is now an utter dross fullback that can neither tackle nor cross, or a player that has done everything and won everything in that position like Coentrao?

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Maybe if our name was Inter Milan and Real Madrid were therefore willing to give us a season-long loan with €10m option to buy.

Not for €45m Premier League price.

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
If United were going to try and sign a left-back from Real it should be Theo Hernandez.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Ashley Young is a much better option, Coentrão did well for the portuguese league but he’s far from being good enough to play for Manchester United these days.

Camilo

They'd jump at a straight swap with Darmian. Both are utter tripe.

RoyH1

He doesn't love football enough and is not mentally strong. It's a shame really because when he was at his best he was one of the best left backs in the world. He played some incredible performances in the CL for them. But then his form just collapsed and he hasn't been able to recover.

We might as well be after Leighton Baines again if we went after this guy. No thanks. How on earth is he still at Real, did they accidentally give him a 7 year contract.

Thelyonking1

Lads what about Theo Hernandez? Looked good in the World Cup but haven’t seen much of him elsewhere. Worth a cheeky bid?

Green_Red

Loan move to sporting gets players a move to Man Utd these days does it? He's a failed 30 year old ffs

United Pro

That was Lucas Hernandez. He's pretty set in Atletico, no chance of us getting him.
Tbf Theo is probably the better LB, or at least has the potential to be considerably better imo. He was poor last season for Madrid and was never going to play ahead of Marcelo regardless, but he was very good on loan at Alaves the season before.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
When was that then? Because in the La Liga winning season Marcelo played a lot more appearances, in the following season Marcelo was first choice when fit. He had a broken toe and hamstring that kept him out for most of the season.

Mourinho preferring Coentrao was a myth spread on here when it looked like we were signing him under van Gaal. Not something with actual facts behind it.
He often preferred him in big games. Not over the course of the season

Luke1995

Let's not forget his best season (2011-12) came under Mourinho.

el3mel

Actually thought that was an old thread and got bumped.

Great memories.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Has now retired at 31. The best Portuguese fullback I’ve seen.

Shame about all the injuries, was better than Marcelo at one point and played a big part in La Decima.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Honestly I thought at one stage he'd be here and absolutely killing it. At 31?Enjoy life I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.