Real Madrid preparing bid for Raheem Sterling

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He's a player that has been masterfully used and improved by Pep. He's much less natutally gifted than Bale or Hazard for instance.

Doesn't mean he'd do a Woodgate just doubt he'd meet the expectations of a big transfer fee unless Pep went along.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Unless Sterling agitates for a move or City have some FFP accounting to consider then i just don't see them selling for any price.
Why would he want to go?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's a player that has been masterfully used and improved by Pep. He's much less natutally gifted than Bale or Hazard for instance.

Doesn't mean he'd do a Woodgate just doubt he'd meet the expectations of a big transfer fee unless Pep went along.
That's just not true at all.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
In todays market thats an insulting offer.

He is probably worth 150-200m.

fps

I don’t see it, City are closer to a CL win than Real for instance.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Come on now, its Real. City are decent but they are no Real Madrid. Ups and downs are part of football. Its not like City will stay on the top forever.
Nah it doesn't make sense. Until Pep leaves I don't think he'd be tempted to move.

fps

Short memory. Before Pep, Sterling was a speed merchant. Hazard's talent always been obvious, while Bale was on a another level already for Spurs and before that.
No, and his idea of “natural talent” as separate from coaching and hard work needs to stop. Bale became a destroyer around the same time Sterling has.

TsuWave

Sterling is the best player in the prem and top 5 in the world. £70M+Bale is a joke of an offer

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Some sort of swap deal for Hazard may be considered by City, but they wouldn't take Bale. Even if he wasn't injury prone, City doesn't need another left footed option when they already have Mahrez, B Silva and Sane. We on the other hand are in desperate need for a left footed attacker. Just not so sure Bale is the right option...

Massive Spanner

It's true tbf as the truest form of natural talent is athleticism. And Bale is one of the best athletes I've ever seen in football.
:confused: I guess Bale's more talented than Messi then seeing as he's a better athlete than him too?

Massive Spanner

Short memory. Before Pep, Sterling was a speed merchant. Hazard's talent always been obvious, while Bale was on a another level already for Spurs and before that.
Yeah, no, sorry, you're wrong.

Bale's more of a fecking speed merchant than Sterling!

Massive Spanner

I can almost guarantee United and Woodward will accept a low fee for Pogba £100m

Truly, anything under £150m should not even be considered.
In the summer Pogba will have a year left on his contract. £100m vs having a wantaway player for a year is a no brainer.

romufc

In the summer Pogba will have a year left on his contract. £100m vs having a wantaway player for a year is a no brainer.
Well if that is the case why not sell him for £120m last summer. He is still a wantaway player.

He has given 0 this season.

GBBQ

Why would he want to go?
Money, success, history, legacy, the lifestyle, the weather, global fanbase? He can get most of this if he stays at City but the allure of Madrid is on a whole other level. Its exactly why Ronaldo left United.

Massive Spanner

Well if that is the case why not sell him for £120m last summer. He is still a wantaway player.

He has given 0 this season.
Because we couldn't afford to lose him last summer, obviously.

Hopefully this summer we'll better prepare and buy adequate replacements if we let him go. Hopefully..

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Absolute nonsense :lol: what a bad take
Depends if you're talking peak Bale or current Bale.

Peak Bale was clearly far more naturally gifted.

This Bale is shit.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Negotiating a new contract isn't he.
He signed his last one exactly this time last year and runs until 2023 but it is possible. Seem to recall one of the gutter press newspapers saying City wanted to make him the highest paid player in the PL

SirAF

Ageist
Money, success, history, legacy, the lifestyle, the weather, global fanbase? He can get most of this if he stays at City but the allure of Madrid is on a whole other level. Its exactly why Ronaldo left United.
This.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He won't get much more success guaranteed there than at City. That's obvious. He likely won't earn more than what City can offer.

Ronaldos dream was Real at a young age, it commonly is with Portuguese, Latin American players.

Why would Sterling want to go to Madrid? Its presumtious to think its to his taste. He might prefer it here, where his family is and where he knows the language. Not everyone wants to go abroad for the sake of it.

romufc

Because we couldn't afford to lose him last summer, obviously.

Hopefully this summer we'll better prepare and buy adequate replacements if we let him go. Hopefully..
Okay, like we could afford to lose a goal scorer without replacing him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's true tbf as the truest form of natural talent is athleticism. And Bale is one of the best athletes I've ever seen in football.
I wouldn't quite call Bale "naturally athletic", its somthing he has had to work on, and IMO he went to far.

GBBQ

He won't get much more success guaranteed there than at City. That's obvious. He likely won't earn more than what City can offer.

Ronaldos dream was Real at a young age, it commonly is with Portuguese, Latin American players.

Why would Sterling want to go to Madrid? Its presumtious to think its to his taste. He might prefer it here, where his family is and where he knows the language. Not everyone wants to go abroad for the sake of it.
I think its more presumptuous to assume he won't leave. I'm only saying that Madrid has plenty to offer and to dismiss it out of hand, because they are going through a bad patch, is premature to say the least.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thinking that Sterling was a speed merchant when bigging up Bale.:lol:

Massive Spanner

Thinking that Sterling was a speed merchant when bigging up Bale.:lol:
Right?

I swear every time we're linked to Bale his transfer thread is 90% posters saying that they don't want him because he'll be useless once his pace is gone, yet somehow Sterling's the speed merchant.