Real Madrid preparing bid for Raheem Sterling

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I can definitely see sterling wanting the move, he’s always struck me as the type of player that’s going to look to test himself in the most intense environments and it doesn’t get much more intense than Madrid, however I imagine he’ll go when Pep goes and I imagine he’ll have to refuse to sign a contract as there’s no way Madrid can afford him and that city would let him go.

Canagel

He'll never go. Why would he? Swap being a centrepiece of probably the best team in world football for a Madrid at the beginning of their rebuilding process?
Because Madrid are a much bigger club than City and because things change very quickly in football.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because Madrid are a much bigger club than City and because things change very quickly in football.
If things change very quickly in football, surely City can become a bigger club than Real. :nervous:

Treble

Didn't Sterling sing a new contract a year ago? Can't see City being tempted to sell, even for 200m, unless they can lure Mbappe.

red_de_pologne

Never the best idea to antagonise these oil rich clubs with low ball offers, Barcelona learnt this the hard way when trying to unsettle Thiago Silva ( or was it Verratti, I can’t remember) . That said it does make a nice change for one of Spain’s big two to go after a city player for oncem as futile as the attempt will be.
Not really, it just means we no longer have any players that would interest them

Treble

Why aren’t they targeting players like Mane and Salah? :mad:
I guess because Sterling is younger and is yet to enter his prime. Plus Mane/Salah would be no less expensive.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
We sold a STRIKER that scored GOALS in summer. GOALS is what we are LACKING this season.
What the feck does that have to do with your original post about Pogba? Did I mention anything about a striker? Did I disagree with the idea that we need a striker? Do only IDIOTS randomly use capital LETTERS?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Right?

I swear every time we're linked to Bale his transfer thread is 90% posters saying that they don't want him because he'll be useless once his pace is gone, yet somehow Sterling's the speed merchant.
And Bale improved a lot from a technical standpoint over the years. There is a reason why at 18 one was an attacking player with great creativity and dribbling while the other was a fullback.

romufc

What the feck does that have to do with your original post about Pogba? Did I mention anything about a striker? Did I disagree with the idea that we need a striker? Do only IDIOTS randomly use capital LETTERS?
Id like to think you are an IDIOT too then?

My point was why not sell him this year, clearly he doesn't want to be at United. And your point on he was too important to lose this summer, so was getting rid of every striker that has played CF for us regularly and not replacing him.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Is this "Sky Sports understands xy are preparing a bid" stuff to be taken seriously? Sounds like rubbish transfer gossip to me, tbh.

Massive Spanner

Id like to think you are an IDIOT too then?

My point was why not sell him this year, clearly he doesn't want to be at United. And your point on he was too important to lose this summer, so was getting rid of every striker that has played CF for us regularly and not replacing him.
Yeah but I never disputed any of that.

You asked for a reason as to why we didn't get rid of him and I gave you one. Now bugger off.

prateik

Madrid are clowns. They tried to get Aguero and City told them to feck off. There is no way Sterling is leaving.

Rajma

Seems like it doesn't it :lol:

Probably even more laughable than their evaluation of Pogba in the summer :lol::lol:
What's the reason with them being so out of touch? Don't have funds - don't bother, simple. Unsettling players only to table such offers that are never going to be accepted is just baffling.

Siorac

Real Madrid are the worst. Low-balling cnuts - deliberately forcing players to beg for the move so their value lowers, while their play then suffers under their lack of focus.

See Pogba, Hazard, Eriksen, etc.
But then they usually pay a world record fee anyway. See Ronaldo and Kaka, way back when: their transfers had been regarded as foregone conclusions long before they went through but they still had to pay through the nose. And of course they paid well over 100m for Hazard who had a year left on his contract.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why aren’t they targeting players like Mane and Salah? :mad:
We'd demand an insane price for either one of those players. That being said, 70 million for Sterling is laughable. He's never been as good as he is right now.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
150m + Bale, may be a starting price.
But no, City don't need to sell at all, so perhaps 200m + Bale could tempt City into thinking twice.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Yeah, no, sorry, you're wrong.

Bale's more of a fecking speed merchant than Sterling!
Bale has a great left foot. Sterling can only dream about scoring the type of goals Bale scored, and at the highest stage.

Never seen Sterling dominate teams like Barca on his own as well but no question that right now he's the better player. I remember well he was a joke here and anywhere else before Pep.

Point is, take that system away and he will still be a good player but no way he will be a star for Real when even Hazard is failing to impress.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Is this "Sky Sports understands xy are preparing a bid" stuff to be taken seriously? Sounds like rubbish transfer gossip to me, tbh.
Even worse, they set lines on SkyBet and then push these rumours. Tidy exercise in profit making.

romufc

Harder than City? When was the last time City had sold their key player?
Not saying it will be easy. Don't think I can remember City selling a player.

Coming to think of it, might be age. Sterling is 3/4 years younger than the Liverpool players.

iHicksy

Considering his age and form, i'd say Sterling is worth Neymar money. Let alone the fact that City absolutely cannot be bullied in the transfer market they could easily demand closer to 300m for the lols. Not that they need actual income from transfers with their shady sponsorship dealings.

Massive Spanner

Bale has a great left foot. Sterling can only dream about scoring the type of goals Bale scored, and at the highest stage.

Never seen Sterling dominate teams like Barca on his own as well but no question that right now he's the better player. I remember well he was a joke here and anywhere else before Pep.

Point is, take that system away and he will still be a good player but no way he will be a star for Real when even Hazard is failing to impress.
Yeah Bale's a better shooter outside the box and a better header of the ball, probably a better crosser too though I barely remember the last time he actually crossed the ball. Sterling's much better positionally, a better dribbler, and a better passer. There's not much in it overall but Sterling was much better than Bale at a younger age and is as good now as Bale was at this age.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Harder than City? When was the last time City had sold their key player?
Indeed. It's relatively easy to get players out of Liverpool tbh (Sterling being a pretty good example of that). Whether things will be different if they go and win the league who knows, if they dont win the league though I'd imagine they'd be prime for the vultures but as I've said before they've assembled a squad of players who probably aren't 'sexy' enough for the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona something Liverpool should obviously be commended for

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I can definitely see sterling wanting the move, he’s always struck me as the type of player that’s going to look to test himself in the most intense environments and it doesn’t get much more intense than Madrid, however I imagine he’ll go when Pep goes and I imagine he’ll have to refuse to sign a contract as there’s no way Madrid can afford him and that city would let him go.
No way will he tempted to leave. At City he will win trophies every year, playing under the best manager in the world, and playing for the most attractive attacking football side in the world, and one of the richest club too. At Madrid, there's no guarantee of trophies every year, its a team under rebuild, he will be wasting his prime years there and risking winning nothing.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Price aside, This would be a tempting move. Moving to Madrid and winning the La Liga would really elevate Raheem's legacy as a player.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Nonsense.

What would City be getting out of this? A 30-year old injury prone winger on massive wages whose best years are behind and who's got no resale value in exchange for the England's current biggest talent who's 24 and is yet to reach his peak? Not to mention that City owners have more money than Madrid and that transfer market has gone insane since Mbappe/Neymar deals and 70m doesn't get you much these days.

SATA

Sterling is great in the City setup under Pep. Will he be as good as under Real in a different system? Hazard kind of struggling there now too

zenith

Why would sterling go to that circus of a place when he has the world at his feet right where he is. It'll be a daft move, if it does go through

Zlatattack

Ridiculous. I doubt he'll move whilst Pep is there. Can see him moving afterwards maybe, especially if City win the CL at some point.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Thought Real were skint for the time being. This was the reason they didn't make an offer for Pogba.

I don't think it's that bad an offer. They are probably valuing Bale at £50 Mill which values Sterling at £120 Mill. Makes him 1 of the worlds most expensive players on the back of 2 good seasons in a dominant team.
Bale isn't close to worth 50M at this point

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looks like their fax machine is playing up again.

dev1l

That s bad news for us....as city would re sign Sancho

TsuWave

Depends if you're talking peak Bale or current Bale.

Peak Bale was clearly far more naturally gifted.

This Bale is shit.
Bale has literally always been a kick-and-run bandit with a powerful shot, an efficient one, but still.

Bale has never had more natural ability with the ball than Sterling