Real Madrid preparing bid for Raheem Sterling

He'll never go. Why would he? Swap being a centrepiece of probably the best team in world football for a Madrid at the beginning of their rebuilding process?

Suv666

He'll never go. Why would he? Swap being a centrepiece of probably the best team in world football for a Madrid at the beginning of their rebuilding process?
Come on now, its Real. City are decent but they are no Real Madrid. Ups and downs are part of football. Its not like City will stay on the top forever.

diarm

I think this is the first time I can remember seeing a bit of media noise about one of the big European clubs targeting a City player.

I wonder who's going to lose a hand for forgetting to drop off last week's envelopes?

Come on now, its Real. City are decent but they are no Real Madrid. Ups and downs are part of football. Its not like City will stay on the top forever.
But right now they are up there and Madrid aren't, and don't look like being back there for a while.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
I think this is the first time I can remember seeing a bit of media noise about one of the big European clubs targeting a City player.

I wonder who's going to lose a hand for forgetting to drop off last week's envelopes?
Sané to Bayern also. Which was then torpedoed by Baldy handily getting him injured in a meaningless friendly.

diarm

Sané to Bayern also. Which was then torpedoed by Baldy handily getting him injured in a meaningless friendly.
Yes, although I got the feeling at the time that City might have been encouraging that one themselves.

Guy Incognito

Wasn't it established that City paid Mancini extra via a second contract, and there was talk the same practices happened with the squad.

No way Sterling would leave.

Raw

What a ridiculous offer :lol:

They bought him for £50m. I'd say his value has tripled since then so I doubt they'd even consider a fee below £150m.

ROFLUTION

Real Madrid are the worst. Low-balling cnuts - deliberately forcing players to beg for the move so their value lowers, while their play then suffers under their lack of focus.

See Pogba, Hazard, Eriksen, etc.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
70m is hilarious.

Would be nice to see City having to fend off Madrid for a change.

redshaw

That's about 20 million as City have no want or need for Bale and have to cover his 40-50 million contract.

£70 million alone would have those at City laughing all week.

Jam

Absolutely absurd in the current market. City will have a good laugh at that offer, not even worth a response.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sterling ready for a new contract I guess

settembrini

That's the kind of garbage offer they were supposedly making for Pogba in the summer.

50% of what the player is worth + one guy they are absolutely desperate to be rid of.

ExecutionerWasp001

Thought Real were skint for the time being. This was the reason they didn't make an offer for Pogba.

I don't think it's that bad an offer. They are probably valuing Bale at £50 Mill which values Sterling at £120 Mill. Makes him 1 of the worlds most expensive players on the back of 2 good seasons in a dominant team.

Wasn't it established that City paid Mancini extra via a second contract, and there was talk the same practices happened with the squad.
No way Sterling would leave.
He has said he wants to play abroad. He did say this though when negotiating a new City contract. At Real or Barca he could double his reported City contract. I don't expect him to leave while Pep's there. If he didn't try to leave after Pep you'd have to think he's on a double contract.

red4ever 79

10 years ago people may have jumped at this and thought it was a step up. These days Real are a shadow of their former selves. Apart from the weather I see no reason for him to go there. 70m. Put a 1 in front of it and it is more realistic.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's probably worth £150m+ in this market and the fact that he's at an oil rich club like City means he'd more than likely cost £250m - and I'm not even sure they'd sell him for that much.

ottosec

Laughable offer. I doubt Sterling would be interested to go even if it wasn't.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
£70 million plus Bale. Great offer there Madrid,great offer.:lol:

They should just make a move for Sancho. Far more attainable.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
The thread title and the opening post appear to be in direct contradiction to each other here? :confused:

Nico87

Never the best idea to antagonise these oil rich clubs with low ball offers, Barcelona learnt this the hard way when trying to unsettle Thiago Silva ( or was it Verratti, I can’t remember) . That said it does make a nice change for one of Spain’s big two to go after a city player for oncem as futile as the attempt will be.

ICHM

Pep has said he isn't interested in Bale, who has zero transfer value due to the wages of £600K a week. Why would City need to sell Stirling? Not for the money.

RM live in a fantasy world where they think they can get players on the cheap by tapping them up for 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

GBBQ

He's probably worth £150m+ in this market and the fact that he's at an oil rich club like City means he'd more than likely cost £250m - and I'm not even sure they'd sell him for that much.
Unless Sterling agitates for a move or City have some FFP accounting to consider then i just don't see them selling for any price.