Real Madrid's New Club Badge

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm all for removing anything religious where it doesn't belong. Real just being progressive.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Pathetic.

Are you Christians or not?

Money is more important than culture!

Imagine if Real were Muslim and UAE Christian and they asked Real to remove a moon and star from their crest as to not offend Christians?

Would you not think trading money for religion is a....sin?

manutddjw

It's that mob so I don't really care what they do, but I will say that if we changed our logo to appease a sponsor for religious reasons, I'd be ashamed of our club.

I do question whether a change even had to be made. We have millions of fans worldwide of all kinds of denominations and our logo portrays the freakin devil, yet it doesn't stop us from having a large fan base or from getting sponsorships in other countries. Would something as trivial as a cross stop someone from supporting Real?

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
I bet majority of muslims following football don't care how a club's logo looks like, especially non-issue like this.

Agreed with manuttjw on this. None of the Arabic sponsers have had any issues with Devil on Man Utd's logo.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
On its own that may be a fair point, but i have to come back to the fact that its political and that has no place in sport :/
Oh I definitely agree with you on this point mate.

Though unfortunately, such a Utopian vision might never come to fruition in our deeply territorial and inherently fragmented society with people in power more than willing to push their agendas using every conceivable method to sway public opinion, a people that come to conclusions without taking an informed opinion into account, as long as it tallies with their confirmation bias. Hopefully that'll change with time and awareness and we'll leave a more homogeneous world for future generations. That's the dream innit ? :)

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I didn't even know they had a cross on the crest until now. Really is a tiny change, and I can understand why they did it.

I do find it stupid though that this sort of thing needs to be done still. Religion really needs to be pushed out of the majority of things. Far to often things that shouldn't need changing are dictated by some person's religion, when in reality there should be no link between the two.

MDFC Manager

I bet majority of muslims following football don't care how a club's logo looks like, especially non-issue like this.

Agreed with manuttjw on this. None of the Arabic sponsers have had any issues with Devil on Man Utd's logo.
Yea when I was in Saudi Arabia, our logo was plastered all over the place without an issue.

It seems that some self important jerk got uppity in this case.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Are they gonna put a pair of AK-47's in place of the small cross? May as bloody well.

The world is changing.

We're all being force fed Halal meat too, with all these big fast food chains bowing down to Muslim demands.

If the roles were reversed, this would never happen. I think it's ridiculous.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Everything has a price. Even religion and 112 year old history these days it seems.

gaucho_10

I'm all for removing anything religious where it doesn't belong. Real just being progressive.
I agree and I don't think people will mind this change. I don't and I'm a Christian.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I wonder if Barca would remove the George cross if they were in the same situation.
I seem to remember Inter Milan getting shit when they played in Turkey for wearing the red cross of Milan on a shirt.

MDFC Manager

Are they gonna put a pair of AK-47's in place of the small cross? May as bloody well.

The world is changing.

We're all being force fed Halal meat too, with all these big fast food chains bowing down to Muslim demands.

:lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Pretty much sums up RM for me, self-selling bunch of whores. Religious thing or not, put that aside, look at how Hull City fans were pissed off about name change. This removal is more about checking 'how far can we go with our bullshit' and Real simply crossed another line.

Spoony

The People's President
Perez is a whore. Imagine someone ridding our badge of the devil? What's wrong with Satanism anyway?

penalty snot

I'm delighted my home has demanded Real to do something this ridiculous and they still did it.

Clowns.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Real Madrid have removed the cross from their club crest as part of a lucrative three-year deal with the National Bank of Abu Dhabi.

It is believed the European champions' new crest, minus the Christian cross, was created so as not to offend Muslim sensibilities in the United Arab Emirates, where a marketing drive will take place.

Club president Florentino Perez labelled the deal as a "strategic alliance with one of the most prestigious institutions in the world". But the redesigning of the famous club badge shows, according to Spanish sports paper Marca, how far top clubs are willing to go, including sacrificing part of their famous identity, to generate new revenue streams.

A new credit card, which doubles as a Real Madrid membership card, was paraded by Perez where the new design is clearly seen.
Link

Wonder how this will go down with their fans?

Would imagine they're fairly staunchly Catholic and might have their noses put out of joint by the decision.

ScarleyUtd

Link

Wonder how this will go down with their fans?

Would imagine they're fairly staunchly Catholic and might have their noses put out of joint by the decision.
Real Madrid are from a Catholic country, everyone knows that. And if the cross was ever a problem they wouldn't be so popular in places like the Middle East would they. Just shows a complete lack of principles and actually self-respect.

lem8sh

The world is changing.

badkins

Mental.

Real Madrid do care about what some rich Arabians feel, but they do not care about their countrymen feelings.
They've just sold not only their history, but also history of christian Europe.

Highlights another big issue in modern world - Arabians always demand to respect their religion feelings, but they never respect yours - even if they stay and live in your country for social benefits.

Kakeru

What would they ask of United if we had a deal with them instead of Real? Remove the red devil from the crest? They could kiss my ass if they ask so.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mental.

Real Madrid do care about what some rich Arabians feel, but they do not care about their countrymen feelings.
They've just sold not only their history, but also history of christian Europe.

Highlights another big issue in modern world - Arabians always demand to respect their religion feelings, but they never respect yours - even if they stay and live in your country for social benefits.

Every Arab doesn't think like that obviously and all Arabs don't share the same beliefs.

SirAF

Ageist
Meh, I don't see the big fuss. It's a good strategic decision and I have to admit that I've never noticed that little cross at the top of the crown either way.

Kakeru

Perez is a whore. Imagine someone ridding our badge of the devil? What's wrong with Satanism anyway?
I was about to ask the same question too; they can kiss my ass if they ever ask so. That red devil is part of my life and proudly so.

The world is changing.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They should've stuck a picture of Jesus doing the tango on there instead and told them to feck off.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona

The world is changing.

Wow. You're one of those guys.