Real to reject Guard of Honour for Barcelona | Small time or nothing major?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos says they will not give Barcelona a guard of honour in El Clasico at the Nou Camp on Sunday.

Link: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ard-of-honour-in-el-clasico-says-sergio-ramos

I was going to put this in the Real thread, but thought it can be its own one. I managed to turn 2 of my friends against each other, one Real fan saying its a stupid concept to begin with and nothing wrong with not giving one. Another say its classless and sums up the club.

What's your thoughts?

Bojan11

Pathetic and small time.

Barca gave Madrid one in 2008.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wouldn't really say it sums up the club, but it's a lack of class IMV.

Skills

Snitch
Wouldn't want us giving one to Liverpool tbf. feck that.

Kapardin

Guard of Honor shouldn't be considered a question of manners. Its' impossible between rivals and so shouldn't be insisted upon.

If we had to give Liverpool a Guard or Honor or viceversa, the losers would do it bitterly and the winners would be smug about it. It is just food for banter and not a show of sportsmanship or anything when rivalries are fierce, so loses its' value.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Probably WhatsApp bantz.

Kops 'n' Robertsons

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Classless and small time I agree.
It’s a bigger embarrassment to not do it than to do it.

Nick7

It can be at once a stupid concept and classless to give one.

I like them and think it's petty not to do them.

VP

This guard of honour thing is a recent phenomenon right? I can't recall our 2000 team, which one the league in April, ever getting one?

spiriticon

Nothing major. It's nice if they give it, fair play if they don't. This is competition.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Classless. I'm sure nobody wants to do it, especially against their rivals, but as long as tradition dictates then it should be done.

Liverpool done it for Chelsea in 2015 and didn't United do the same at Old Trafford for them back in 2005?

Josep Dowling

Personally think it’s small time by Real Madrid. Especially as they try to regard themselves as a classy club to the rest of the world.

izec

Barca would do one, but cant see the likes of Ramos or Casemiro agreeing to it. Some players at Real are nice and wouldnt have an issue, but the core players and leaders hate Barca

el3mel

Classless. I'm sure nobody wants to do it, especially against their rivals, but as long as tradition dictates then it should be done.

Liverpool done it for Chelsea in 2015 and didn't United do the same at Old Trafford for them back in 2005?
We did it for Chelsea 2006 and they did it for us in 2007. There was no problem, that's why Madrid need to grow up.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
We did it for Chelsea 2006 and they did it for us in 2007. There was no problem, that's why Madrid need to grow up.
Even more so after a quick Google showed that Barca done 1 for Madrid in 2008.

TinFoil

Yeah not surprised considering the political stuff in Spain over the last 12 months.

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
It's nice to see them done but they shouldn't be required, and teams shouldn't be criticised for not bothering imo.

RedDevil@84

Don't really mind what Real would do, but it is small time and pathetic.

Especially when the players act/say that outside the field the Spanish contingent respect and are friendly with each other.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Chelsea did it to a bunch of nobody’s who were barely involved in our title win back in 2007 and they didn’t complain.

FujiVice

Barca showed class when they did it for Real. It's total bullshit they dont repay the favour.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I wonder if them potentially winning unbeaten has something to do with it (assuming it's never been done before).

Unlikely though.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
If we can do it for United the season after we sold them Van Persie, then any team should be able to do it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's small time. They should suck it up and give them the guard of honour. Eventually the tables will be reversed and they'll have their chance to viciously glory in the moment.

Neuron

Guard of Honor shouldn't be considered a question of manners. Its' impossible between rivals and so shouldn't be insisted upon.

If we had to give Liverpool a Guard or Honor or viceversa, the losers would do it bitterly and the winners would be smug about it. It is just food for banter and not a show of sportsmanship or anything when rivalries are fierce, so loses its' value.
It is literally what you just said it isn't.

cyberman

Didn't Barca refuse to given them a guard of honour after winning the world club cup?