Realistic buyers...

Abdullah7

Then he can lure any offending referees to a third country where his goons can chop them up in pieces when they screw over United. Or next time there's a Super League proposed that other football leaders oppose, he can arrest or kidnap them and lock them up in a fancy hotel until they acquiesce. :rolleyes:

He could abolish the women's team, not because it cost money like the Glazers did, but because of his misogyny.

Moving away from the rampant human rights abuses that MBS has orchestrated, he's also been part of illegally pirating the Premier League to screw over the Qataris, thus undermining the league's ability to make money, which is why they cared about the Newcastle takeover.

I would give up on United if this murderous scumbag bought the club.

Why are you trampling around with a lot of accusations? three weak alleged claims from mishmash sources. Good start? right .. as you're trying to build your 'monster' like case consider these leads detective;

Why did he put those poor souls in luxury hotels under a 24th hours of supervision? for those who got detained a red flag was already raised as they were the kind of people who have huge influence and power that been given a free pass and were proven corrupt. They were a risk that could lead to destabilizing my own country. I was once told that this is also a similar protocol in the free world of USA. As they detain dangerous inmates with the supervision of FBI. Have you ever considered that to be kidnapping or only when we do it in Saudi it becomes one?

Have any one of those detainees ended up being strangled, sorry, erm .. I mean committed semi assisted "suicide" like a certain Epstein. Covering up with his death many huge leads to a specific certain royal in the UK. Isn't that a first world territory? would you be kind and tell me of what happened to those who friended the monster Epstein and helped him get away with it for years? Trump and Clinton are opposites politically but actually the same when it comes to young sexy girls right? Your moral compass must be spinning left and right correct?!

Another important aspect you also failed to mention is that there was a huge shift in the chain of command among the Royals. As , Prince Meggren, the youngest son of the founder King Abdulaziz. Who himself was a huge allay for the British government, declined a commanding role in the Kingdom. This was a tiny before MBS was given his first role as a second successor. Then he was announced to his current position. I was really surprised of how swift and brilliant it was. No blood was shed unlike when our King Faisal got assassinated by another Prince in 1975 during similar circumstances. MBS wasn't even born back then.

Do you normally accuse people randomly? even before you hear the whole story from both sides? do you understand the concept of a normal protocol? national security isn't important in your list apparently.

Sorry for the long and boring history lesson fellow Reds.

Last edited:

Drizzle

This is a depressing thread...

I think the only way forward is either the Saudi route which is completely unpalatable, despite the brave attempt by Abdulla7 to resurrect the reputation of the universally reviled MBS.

Or the value of the club drops significantly. Relegation, sponsor issues, market collapse kind of thing. That would make us more attractive to someone willing to regrow the business.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Jim Ratcliffe seems the dream but he’s clearly a smart cnut so he’s staying away.
Mark Walter (principal owner of the Dodgers) is worth approximately $4B.
He is the CEO of Guggenheim Partners with assets worth about $310B. If his time with the Dodgers is any indication, he'll spend big to get us where we want to be.
The guy is business savvy and knows that analytics, sports science, and top-notch management are needed to run a championship-winning franchise.
I'm hoping he'll renovate Old Trafford like he did Dodger Stadium - modernizing the facilities while preserving the charm.
If he partners with the red knights and MU legends as he did with Magic in LA, I think it'll bring the fans around any takeover bid.

Coops73

Mark Walter (principal owner of the Dodgers) is worth approximately $4B.
He is the CEO of Guggenheim Partners with assets worth about $310B. If his time with the Dodgers is any indication, he'll spend big to get us where we want to be.
The guy is business savvy and knows that analytics, sports science, and top-notch management are needed to run a championship-winning franchise.
I'm hoping he'll renovate Old Trafford like he did Dodger Stadium - modernizing the facilities while preserving the charm.
If he partners with the red knights and MU legends as he did with Magic in LA, I think it'll bring the fans around any takeover bid.
Think I’ve had my fill of American owners in English football.

croadyman

Elon Musk

Jeff Bezos

Michael Dell

Steve Ballmer

Honestly know next to nothing about either of them but saw their name suggested, you get the impression that none of these has any desire to invest into Football or Soccer as some of them would call it

Foxbatt

I hope he doesn't buy Newcastle or any club in the PL.
Only because he is going to pump in money and get a professional set up and we will have another club to contend with.
It's funny that he is not fit enough to pay Mike Ashley but good enough to pay the British Government billions of dollars.

Chairman Steve

I don’t think we need some billionaire to take us to the next level necessarily. We just want someone who lets us spend the money we make and maybe put a bit in themselves every once in a while.

Citys trump card is Guardiola and they moved mountains to accommodate him by having Barcelona guys he worked with in key positions at City. I don’t think any club in the history of football has had that much restructuring to accommodate one single manager. It’s ludcrious what the UAE boys have done to get Guardiola where he is now. When he goes, who do they get next? I’ve always felt that was a weakness in their plan. I have a feeling when Guardiola goes, the likes of Soriano and Beguristain go too.

croadyman

I don’t think we need some billionaire to take us to the next level necessarily. We just want someone who lets us spend the money we make and maybe put a bit in themselves every once in a while.

Citys trump card is Guardiola and they moved mountains to accommodate him by having Barcelona guys he worked with in key positions at City. I don’t think any club in the history of football has had that much restructuring to accommodate one single manager. It’s ludcrious what the UAE boys have done to get Guardiola where he is now. When he goes, who do they get next? I’ve always felt that was a weakness in their plan. I have a feeling when Guardiola goes, the likes of Soriano and Beguristain go too.
Yeah hopefully that does happen

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

The problem is you asking someone to fork out 4 billion for simply the joy of owning a football, without any financial return, in fact like you say fans are likely still going to expect the owners to invest some of their own money in the running of the club. I'll be really shocked if there anyone who is going to be prepared to do that.

Dembeza

Can fans chip in?
Go Fund Me.

Honestly we are screwed and I really don’t see anyone buying the club.

Does someone need to buy 100% of the ownership? or maybe lets just 51% and diluting the Glazer’s ownership.

Or just offer the two Glazers who have the most shares a shitload of money and see what they will do. Outright full Ownership might not work but going for one or two of the Glazers might work.

Maticmaker

£4B asking price?
Lets see the short list...................0 likely bidders?

Likely dream team bidders, MEN headlines

'Salford City Moguls to bid for Manchester Utd', Gary Neville said "its a tough job, but somebody has to do it"

'Bebe (with unknown multi-billionaire backers) says "I'm up for it, at last I'll get a game for United"

Donald Trump says "Manchester who? Oh yes the red one...I just love that they play in Red... just love it... let me count the change in my back pocket"

....anymore dream team bidders?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Let’s be honest it’s Glazers or Saudi’s. That’s our realistic options going forward.

Look at it from a potential buyers point of view. You spend £4 billion buying the club. Then you have to spend £500-£600 million on bringing Old Trafford and the training facilities up to scratch. Then you have to rebuild the team on top of this.

Alternatively you buy Newcastle for say £300 million. Spend say a billion on a new 90,000 all seater stadium and then say a billion on players over 4-5 years.

That option will be a good 50-60% cheaper.

I can’t imagine many investors will see United as a good option with what the Glazers value the club at.

Infra-red

Let’s be honest it’s Glazers or Saudi’s. That’s our realistic options going forward.

Look at it from a potential buyers point of view. You spend £4 billion buying the club. Then you have to spend £500-£600 million on bringing Old Trafford and the training facilities up to scratch. Then you have to rebuild the team on top of this.

Alternatively you buy Newcastle for say £300 million. Spend say a billion on a new 90,000 all seater stadium and then say a billion on players over 4-5 years.

That option will be a good 50-60% cheaper.

I can’t imagine many investors will see United as a good option with what the Glazers value the club at.
Yep - makes far more sense for the Saudis to buy Newcastle, which is exactly why they are trying to do it.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Saudis
chinese state investment fund

For both of them it would represent as much a soft power investment as a financial one so would make some sence in overpaying market value (which im sure the glazers would want in order to sell)

Beyond that clearly a Bezos or Musk type could buy us on a whim but there does not seem to be such an investor out there

Probably a very shallow pool if the glaxers are fishing for buyers (a pool that would probably be deeper if the ESL comes into force in some form whichmay explain why the glazers were in favour)

Let China buy us and we will go there on pre season tours every year - sounds great for me ... if they can pursuade Sinopec to chuck a couple of billion a year our way as sponsorship that would seal the deal for me

lsd

The Oracle
Yep - makes far more sense for the Saudis to buy Newcastle, which is exactly why they are trying to do it.
More sense financially yes but i would bet they would want the bigger name as money is no object here.

Plus what better team to pick to get one over City's owners. If they can't have us then they may look elsewhere but make no doubt we would be their number one choice

Kaos

Why are you trampling around with a lot of accusations? three weak alleged claims from mishmash sources. Good start? right .. as you're trying to build your 'monster' like case consider these leads detective;

Why did he put those poor souls in luxury hotels under a 24th hours of supervision? for those who got detained a red flag was already raised as they were the kind of people who have huge influence and power that been given a free pass and were proven corrupt. They were a risk that could lead to destabilizing my own country. I was once told that this is also a similar protocol in the free world of USA. As they detain dangerous inmates with the supervision of FBI. Have you ever considered that to be kidnapping or only when we do it in Saudi it becomes one?

Have any one of those detainees ended up being strangled, sorry, erm .. I mean committed semi assisted "suicide" like a certain Epstein. Covering up with his death many huge leads to a specific certain royal in the UK. Isn't that a first world territory? would you be kind and tell me of what happened to those who friended the monster Epstein and helped him get away with it for years? Trump and Clinton are opposites politically but actually the same when it comes to young sexy girls right? Your moral compass must be spinning left and right correct?!

Another important aspect you also failed to mention is that there was a huge shift in the chain of command among the Royals. As , Prince Meggren, the youngest son of the founder King Abdulaziz. Who himself was a huge allay for the British government, declined a commanding role in the Kingdom. This was a tiny before MBS was given his first role as a second successor. Then he was announced to his current position. I was really surprised of how swift and brilliant it was. No blood was shed unlike when our King Faisal got assassinated by another Prince in 1975 during similar circumstances. MBS wasn't even born back then.

Do you normally accuse people randomly? even before you hear the whole story from both sides? do you understand the concept of a normal protocol? national security isn't important in your list apparently.

Sorry for the long and boring history lesson fellow Reds.
Tell that to a certain late Washington Post journalist's fiance or perhaps the hundreds of thousands of dead Yemenis. Your whataboutery deflections by mentioning Epstein and his associates are bizarre too.

Sorry but thankfully there's little appetite in Manchester to embrace murderous tyrants, as bad as the Glazers are.

Infra-red

More sense financially yes but i would bet they would want the bigger name as money is no object here.

Plus what better team to pick to get one over City's owners. If they can't have us then they may look elsewhere but make no doubt we would be their number one choice
Their number one choice is now Newcastle. I expect we'll hear more about this later this summer...

United442b

After the the collaspe of the Super League, I just can't see the government or the football authorities allowing the Saudis to take us over. It's also much cheaper to buy a smaller club, hence the attempted Newcastle takeover.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
After the the collaspe of the Super League, I just can't see the government or the football authorities allowing the Saudis to take us over. It's also much cheaper to buy a smaller club, hence the attempted Newcastle takeover.
You get what you pay for.

Red Royal

So, after todays events I would kike to know, aside from MBS/ Saudi is the anyone who can pay the asking price?

If not then why is the asking price £4Bn or whatever is beong quoted. Is this not just like say the property market when you sell a house, it is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay?

AKDevil

So, after todays events I would kike to know, aside from MBS/ Saudi is the anyone who can pay the asking price?

If not then why is the asking price £4Bn or whatever is beong quoted. Is this not just like say the property market when you sell a house, it is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay?
but if you don’t want or need to sell ...

Swedish_Plumber

I guess the fact that they’ve not invested in the training facilities or stadium slightly dampens their inflated valuation. Wonder what the figure would be if they’d bothered to keep us modern.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

They don’t really need to sell the club though as it’s still turning in profit and gaining value.

lysglimt

Scout
The problem is - the more mess the fans make, the more the value will drop - and the less interested they will be in selling. If United are to get rid of the owners, it has to be through legislation.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The problem is - the more mess the fans make, the more the value will drop - and the less interested they will be in selling. If United are to get rid of the owners, it has to be through legislation.
The only way there’s any hope of them selling is a huge drop in value. Without that there’s not business man on the planet who could pay the current valuation up front. Look at all other PL buy-outs. They snap clubs up when they’re in deep financial shit. Nobody pays full whack. Why would they?

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
What we’re seeing at the moment is a coordinated attempted coup by the Utd old boys, you can tell Gary Neville sees an opportunity. If we can get to 50+1 then I expect GNev and co plus backers will make a move to take ownership of the 49%

Roboc7

If profits and value drops they’d have to jump ship, they won’t want to, they want this to blow over and go back to normal but their business model needs fans to comply. Without fans they are done especially off the back of the pandemic.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The only way there’s any hope of them selling is a huge drop in value. Without that there’s not business man on the planet who could pay the current valuation up front. Look at all other PL buy-outs. They snap clubs up when they’re in deep financial shit. Nobody pays full whack. Why would they?
Personally I just don’t think them selling up is an option without the legislation stopping the ESL happening. The best case is bringing them to the negotiating table with fan groups - but what would the demands be if that happened? A representative on the board? Freezing ticket prices for longer? Assurances they’ll invest in the stadium in x years? Restrictions on dividend payments? Reducing the debt burden? Selling set proportion of shares to fans? I don’t know what fans want outside of Glazers Out (and us getting relegated...)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Personally I just don’t think them selling up is an option without the legislation stopping the ESL happening. The best case is bringing them to the negotiating table with fan groups - but what would the demands be if that happened? A representative on the board? Freezing ticket prices for longer? Assurances they’ll invest in the stadium in x years? Restrictions on dividend payments? Reducing the debt burden? Selling set proportion of shares to fans? I don’t know what fans want outside of Glazers Out (and us getting relegated...)
I don’t think anyone knows where we could reasonably go from here. I certainly don’t.