Realistic buyers...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For all the will in the world, I’m struggling to see any realistic buyers for our club that have the right money, pass a fit and proper test and do not breach anti-competition legislation.

Be that as it may, looks as good a time as any. So, realistically, who are out options?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Realistically speaking? The Saudi's I guess, though I have no idea what a fit-and-proper test means in practice.

Revan

Assumptionman
It doesn't need to be one. Just put the entire shares in the stock market, and let people buy them.

If it has to be a single owner, I can see only MbS or some Chinese (possibly government-backed) businessman. We are too costly (and football is not profitable enough) for anything else except for people who would want United as a propaganda machine.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Heard JP Morgan had a few billion going spare

TrustInOle

The Saudi's are going to be all over his, this is their perfect chance to pounce. Whether that is what people want is another thing, but after this whole saga, I could well see alot of fans welcoming them for their rescue from the Glazers.

redNATION

Think the best route is to re-list the club. Would be open to being taken over again, but maybe the government might actually require fan participation in ownership which would prevent that.

The Irish Connection

It doesn't need to be one. Just put the entire shares in the stock market, and let people buy them.

If it has to be a single owner, I can see only MbS or some Chinese (possibly government-backed) businessman. We are too costly (and football is not profitable enough) for anything else except for people who would want United as a propaganda machine.
Exactly! Get Neville, Beckham and a consortium plus the rest bought by fans.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Could Beckham lead a consortium? He's rich as feck...
Becks, consortium of other rich blokes. Nowhere near rich enough. If you are a mere ‘businessman’ this makes absolutely no sense, unless you want to be like Kroenke and invest nothing.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Whoever can convince a bank to lend them a few billion and execute a new leveraged buy out.

Infra-red

Anyone but the Saudis. They must be resisted with the same vehemence as the shitty super league.

Ixion

If they sell, I think any new owner will be met with massive skepticism now. I think all of British football has woken up to these billionaire owners after a lot of benefit of the doubt.