Realistic buyers...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He was looking to buy Valencia not long ago and gave a statement on how he would run the club, which from a fans perspective sounded like a ideal ownership type of person, due to what he outlined.
Valencia is just to help his buddy out. But his fantasy would be United. The good thing about royals is that they have a contradictive attitude towards their subjects. They are above the plebs but at the same time craves popularity from them too.
Politically i think he would be palatable to the Caftards and the general United fan base. Fairly modern in his views towards women; against them wearing veils and hijabs. A fairly global-minded person in terms of geo-politics, and more importantly, no bone saws in his armoury.

Marcus

Bill or Melinda Gates. One of them might be looking to buy a club to get over the divorce.

georgipep

The max purchase amount is $40000 and the min is $400 per fan. Thus, we need 100k - 10m fans to commit the purchase with at least $400 put down
Do you think that's feasible? First of all, to find at least 100,000 fans to basically throw $40k out the window (because, as I understand this plan, the idea is not to make profit out of the club).

And second (even more worrying), then you get what? Elections for club leadership? So, 100,000 fans elect a President or something? And that comes with election campaigns, promises, populism, and all that funk, right? I hope you can see yourself where this is going...

red thru&thru

Valencia is just to help his buddy out. But his fantasy would be United. The good thing about royals is that they have a contradictive attitude towards their subjects. They are above the plebs but at the same time craves popularity from them too.
Politically i think he would be palatable to the Caftards and the general United fan base. Fairly modern in his views towards women; against them wearing veils and hijabs. A fairly global-minded person in terms of geo-politics, and more importantly, no bone saws in his armoury.
This guy would be an interesting choice. I know very little about him. Will have to do some more research on him and see whether he would be a viable option?!

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Do you think that's feasible? First of all, to find at least 100,000 fans to basically throw $40k out the window (because, as I understand this plan, the idea is not to make profit out of the club).

And second (even more worrying), then you get what? Elections for club leadership? So, 100,000 fans elect a President or something? And that comes with election campaigns, promises, populism, and all that funk, right? I hope you can see yourself where this is going...
President Cantona? :wenger:

Spoony

The People's President

Dollar?? Dollar?

Anyway, I'm at work...another day another dollar and all that.

sglowrider

I am sure the thousand or so guys the other day are more than willing to chip in $40k each.

Easy peasy. When you are committed, you are committed no matter what.

georgipep

I am sure the thousand or so guys the other day are more than willing to chip in $40k each.

Easy peasy. When you are committed, you are committed no matter what.
Absolutely, I'm confident they all have that amount lying around. Now we only need another 99 thousand of the same kind passionate benefactors.

Abdullah7

I'm intrigued.

For argument sake, lets say I can persuade Saudi/Qatari Billionaires other than MBS to take a look or just make an initial offer. However, they have different prospective to what you implied as the righteous majority's list of ethical/political demands. Forgetting the ethos of democracy and the real meaning of freedom of speech shoving people to a wrong or right avenues of formal public opinion. Demolition years of good well work and reforming to the dark pits of misunderstanding and stereotypical ways of thinking about the other half of the world. Painting them as medieval folk who should be left alone from the rest of the world.

Rather than pushing to close the gap you did what the glazers did that is NOT to listen or engage with those who oppose you. Without a debate and with this kind of a judgmental attitude your masking the ugly truth, your own hypocrisy.

The well to know, learn and explore is what separate us from animals. Feeling the compassion and togetherness of others are good to all human beings. Hate remarks and constant digs to trick your own is pathetic and meaningless. If you're that die hard fan of this moral code of thinking why don't you tell us the truth and bring us all together without being a begot.

I'm a pro choice on everything in life. Let the women of the Islam/Arab world select what appeals to them without shoving your own ideology down their throats. Every man and women deserve an equal chance to showcase their own beliefs without harming others. It's not a shame to admit and wake up from this long slumber even if it's only for your own sake. It is better than being half arsed about the other side of the world forever.

In Saudi we chose to rule with Quran, we chose Allah's our mighty God and chose to believe Mohammed is his own and last messenger to holy his ways may peace be upon him. We don't enforce religious beliefs upon anybody and it's not in our ideology. This is a fake perception and it's the stumbling block to a more coherent and passive debate.

I lived years in different parts of the world and I consider myself lucky to be able to form such a global understanding. Questions like, why do we look different? why do we have different shades of skin? were always in my mind. However, with exploring, understanding and debating it has proven to me to be the right way to bring people into harmony rather than pushing them for sector society or limit them to groups and sections.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

stw2022

Fantasy matching owners is absurd. Might as well Facebook stalk pretty ladies who we want to buy your house despite not knowing of their means, desire or interest in ever doing so.

All round a bizarre conversation with zero basis in reality

The untapped growth and sponsorship potential means asset stripping venture capitalists whose names we will never know are far more likely to be front of the queue

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The country of Norway could use their Oil Fund to buy Man United
sorry but no it couldnt due to their own rules on equity managemnet

https://www.nbim.no/en/the-fund/how-we-invest/equity-management/

Equity management
The fund’s equity investments are spread across many different countries, sectors and companies to capture global value creation and diversify risk as best possible.
The fund is invested in around 9,000 companies all around the world. The largest geographical exposure is to Asia and North America , followed by developed markets in Europe and Oceania and emerging markets.

Investments are limited to companies listed on regulated exchanges and companies where the board has expressed an intention to apply for listing on an exchange. The fund may hold no more than 10 percent of the shares in a listed company.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Melinda Gates is a good shout but I think that McKenzie Scott is the best bet. If Amazon is going to expand into broadcasting footy it's a surefire way to ensure she can keep sticking it to her ex financially.

Rooney24

Fantasy matching owners is absurd. Might as well Facebook stalk pretty ladies who we want to buy your house despite not knowing of their means, desire or interest in ever doing so.

All round a bizarre conversation with zero basis in reality

The untapped growth and sponsorship potential means asset stripping venture capitalists whose names we will never know are far more likely to be front of the queue
This is my fear - that things could get even worse. There arent too many people with a spare 4bn lying around to buy the club outright. So most likely if someone else does come in it will be in exactly the same way as before - via a leveraged buy out. And if they make a mess of it we could be far worse off than we ever thought possible.

Equally (if not even more) important as getting the Glazers out is making sure we get the right owner in. Probably more focus needs to be put on that.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This is my fear - that things could get even worse. There arent too many people with a spare 4bn lying around to buy the club outright. So most likely if someone else does come in it will be in exactly the same way as before - via a leveraged buy out. And if they make a mess of it we could be far worse off than we ever thought possible.

Equally (if not even more) important as getting the Glazers out is making sure we get the right owner in. Probably more focus needs to be put on that.
4b isn't going to be enough to buy the club from the Glazers.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Andybody who spends £4bn (or more) on us is going to want a return on that investment

Either they will want to increase the returns from the club to their own pocket, or they will be looking for more of a soft power return (like the PSG owner etc)

As such we probably have the followoing two major routes
1. Owners similat to Glazers whose primary focus is increasing returns
2. Saudis / Chinese Government backed fund whose primary focus is soft power

Persoanlly I'm morally bankrupt anyway so im all for sending our players out to launch missiles into yemen as a photo opp if it allows us to invest in the squad but i suspect (hope?) a lot of people think differently

Either way any new owner is probably going to be in favour of the ESL or something like that due to increased revenues / increased exposure (and again Im morally bankrupt so Im all for the ESL anyway)

I just dont see anybody on the horizon who the fans feel comfortable with who will buy us out without pushing debt onto the club and invest in players, the stadium and not want to join an ESL

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Elon Musk?
He is off his rockers. Pushing all sorts of bitcoin like some scam artist, smoking pot on radio/video etc.

No thanks.
Not until hes devleoped his monkey chip a bit more and he can put in inside players heads and i can pay to control a player for a half... then yeah lets take elons money before he blasts himself to mars

sglowrider

Andybody who spends £4bn (or more) on us is going to want a return on that investment

Either they will want to increase the returns from the club to their own pocket, or they will be looking for more of a soft power return (like the PSG owner etc)

As such we probably have the followoing two major routes
1. Owners similat to Glazers whose primary focus is increasing returns
2. Saudis / Chinese Government backed fund whose primary focus is soft power

Persoanlly I'm morally bankrupt anyway so im all for sending our players out to launch missiles into yemen as a photo opp if it allows us to invest in the squad but i suspect (hope?) a lot of people think differently

Either way any new owner is probably going to be in favour of the ESL or something like that due to increased revenues / increased exposure (and again Im morally bankrupt so Im all for the ESL anyway)

I just dont see anybody on the horizon who the fans feel comfortable with who will buy us out without pushing debt onto the club and invest in players, the stadium and not want to join an ESL
This is the conundrum that United fans face --- We want to win silverware ASAP but only with some new righteous owners who are willing to spend upwards of £4B.

The owners don't represent the club to me -- whether the Edwards to the Glazers or even some bone saw wielding guy/woman. It's the manager, coaching/support staff and players, from the 1st team to the academy.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He is off his rockers. Pushing all sorts of bitcoin like some scam artist, smoking pot on radio/video etc.

No thanks.
Would still take him over the Glazers or the Saudi's.

sglowrider

Not until hes devleoped his monkey chip a bit more and he can put in inside players heads and i can pay to control a player for a half... then yeah lets take elons money before he blasts himself to mars
:lol: :lol: :lol:
He has to be the Donald Trump of the tech world. Drugs, promotion of strange products and eventually messed up kids.

sglowrider

Would still take him over the Glazers or the Saudi's.
ELON MUSK’S TOTALLY AWFUL, BATSHIT-CRAZY, COMPLETELY BONKERS, MOST EXCELLENT YEAR

To everyone watching, it seemed as if Musk was finally unraveling from the pressure of his mission to save the world. “The thing about Elon is, that right now, everyone else is finally seeing the way he has always been,” said a former Tesla executive who worked with Musk for years. “He’s being the same Elon he has always been in private.” Now, this past year, “he’s just being Elon a lot more publicly.” Some people close to him believe his erratic behavior in 2020 was even more on display because he has taken to substances, including alcohol and marijuana, which he obsesses about on social media, or LSD, as the singer Azealia Banks has claimed (and Musk has denied), or Ambien, which the board of Tesla has reportedly worried over.

stw2022

Indeed there’s the stadium name, withdrawal from collective bargaining rights, the ESL again. I get why people dislike the Glazers but there really are so much worse.

The thing about making sure we get the ‘right owners’, we need to be disabused of the idea that we have ANY control over that and the fact some talk as if we do to me shows the concerning level of delusion.

We have two says in who buys us: feck and all

alexthelion

Indeed there’s the stadium name, withdrawal from collective bargaining rights, the ESL again. I get why people dislike the Glazers but there really are so much worse.

The thing about making sure we get the ‘right owners’, we need to be disabused of the idea that we have ANY control over that and the fact some talk as if we do to me shows the concerning level of delusion.

We have two says in who buys us: feck and all
Unfortunately true.

Which is why I don't understand all the calls to get rid of the Glazers but no thought as to who will take over after them.

Rooney24

Truth be told United fans have always had a difficult relationship with any ownership set up at the club as far back as I can remember.

it’s unlikely ever to change