Rearranged game possibilities

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The only real possibility I can see is for Liverpool's game with WBA to be moved to a few days before (when we are also playing in midweek) and the Liverpool game to be held at OT on Sunday 16 May, when we don't have a fixture.

Sky already had the Liverpool/West Brom game lined up on the Sunday, so no problems there (unless you support Bromwich and the game isn't shown earlier in the week)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Should have know the PL wouldn't do the sensible thing... decide to screw us instead

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
According to the reporting it was WBA who refused to move their game.
Didn't know they had a say in it... don't the PL usually jus tell clubs what is happening? Oh well, at least they won't have a chance to do it again next season :devil:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If that's true why didn't we refuse to play on the Thursday?

I don't think clubs have much of a say tbh so it probably just never occurred to them to go with the OP's plan

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It was probably the policing. That’s the main barrier to getting games on. Villa and WBA at home on the same night wouldn’t have been welcomed.

cyril C

Should have know the PL wouldn't do the sensible thing... decide to screw us instead
What else can you suggest? Give 3 points to Liverpool and cancel the game? Invite 500 Liverpool fans to OT and fight it out with the yellow and green, last 1 standing get 3 points?

Redlyn

The only real possibility I can see is for Liverpool's game with WBA to be moved to a few days before (when we are also playing in midweek) and the Liverpool game to be held at OT on Sunday 16 May, when we don't have a fixture.

Sky already had the Liverpool/West Brom game lined up on the Sunday, so no problems there (unless you support Bromwich and the game isn't shown earlier in the week)
The moment it was postponed this was the best option to have a reasonable fixture list.
I didn't know that clubs could refuse. If clubs can do that then we should refuse any rescheduling in the future, lets see how it goes.

cyril C

WBA has a game on 10th with Arsenal, Liverpool on 16, and WH on 20. If they move the Liverpool game to 14, then it is possible to have the MU-Liv game on 16 or 17. If 16th, then Liverpool will be disadvantage for 2 games in 3 days, why should they be punished.

If 17th, then we will have to play Fulham on 19th so also 2 games in 3 days.

Or they can just give 3 points to Liverpool and cancel the game, then TV get punished.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What else can you suggest? Give 3 points to Liverpool and cancel the game? Invite 500 Liverpool fans to OT and fight it out with the yellow and green, last 1 standing get 3 points?
see the start of the thread...

stw2022

Can understand why other clubs wouldn't want to have their games rearranged at relatively last minute just because our fans caused a scene.