Rebuilding Champions League Finalists Spurs (chapter 1 complete) —> chapter 2

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You are the one clutching at straws - i.e. the notion that Eriksen has already been sold. How long will you cling to this raft? 24 hours? 48 hours? Do tell.

You should just bite the bullet and admit that your prediction was wrong.
:lol: please pipe down and show some patience young child.
It amuses me how up tight you get on this forum, your blood pressure must be through the roof.
A major player will leave Spurs before the end of the window.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Eriksen is as good as gone. Apparently sold up in London with his family looking at places in Madrid.

Interesting to see who Poch has got Spurs chasing as his replacement, Van De Beek, Lo Celso, Bruno, Ceballos? They will definitely be bringing in someone like this. I think Sessegnon through the door at Spurs is only a matter of time as well. Then it is just resolving the Alderweireld issue, probably just move Dier back to CB.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
:lol: please pipe down and show some patience young child.
It amuses me how up tight you get on this forum, your blood pressure must be through the roof.
A major player will leave Spurs before the end of the window.
:lol: First it was "they won't spend without selling a star player first". Then, when that prediction bit the dust today, it was the straw-clutching of some imagined secret sale of Eriksen that supposedly might have already happened but not announced.

Now it's become "a major player will leave Spurs before the end of the window". Well, this might well happen, but it's far cry from your original prediction. And even if it does happen, a major player has already arrived.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
:lol: First it was "they won't spend without selling a star player first". Then, when that prediction bit the dust today, it was the straw-clutching of some imagined secret sale of Eriksen that supposedly might have already happened but not announced.

Now it's become "a major player will leave Spurs before the end of the window". Well, this might well happen, but it's far cry from your original prediction. And even if it does happen, a major player has already arrived.
You're tiresome. How old are you? 12?
Just sit back and watch the rest of the transfer window. :rolleyes:

Ndombele is undoubtedly a decent player but a major player? Not yet. A lot of money spent on promise rather than output so far, very similar signing to AWB just more money.
I'm sure you'll rattle off his assist and goalscoring exploits last season as defence of his greatness, I'd counter that with Memphis Delays output last season, very impressive at Lyon, not so at United.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets

Might be the next player in Pochettino rebuilding project.
Id say this is all dependent on Eriksen moving. We see Eriksen move, odds on Lo Celso to Spurs. Levy finally throwing down some money to back Pochettino, I guess it was either that or risk him walking.

F-A-C-T-S

Might be the next player in Pochettino rebuilding project.
Well placed to add to this list of honours:

Southern League Champions: 1899/1900 Western League Champions: 1903/1904 London League Premier Division Champions:
1902/1903 Football League South 'C' Division
Champions: 1939/1940 Football League South Champions:
1943/1944, 1944/1945 Southern District Charity Cup Winners:
1901/1902, 1904/1905 (joint), 1906/1907 Dewar Shield Winners: 1901/1902,
1933/1934 London Challenge Cup Winners: 1910/1911,
1928/1929 Anglo-Italian League Cup-Winners Cup
Winners: 1971/1972 Norwich Charity Cup Winners: 1919/1920 Norwich Hospital Charity Cup Winners:
1946/1947, 1949/1950 (joint) Ipswich Hospital Charity Cup Winners:
1951/1952 (joint) Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners: 1965,
1966 Nolia Cup (Sweden) Winners: 1977 Japan Cup Winners: 1979 Sun International Challenge Trophy
(Swaziland) Winners: 1983 Peace Cup (Korea) Winners: 2005 Vodacom Challenge (South Africa) Winners:
2007 Feyenoord Jubileum Tournament (Holland)
Winners: 2008 Barclays Asia Trophy (China) Winners: 2009

Football League Division Two Champions:
1919/1920, 1949/1950 FA Charity Shield Winners: 1920/1921,
1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963,
1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint),
1991/1992 (joint)

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Id say this is all dependent on Eriksen moving. We see Eriksen move, odds on Lo Celso to Spurs. Levy finally throwing down some money to back Pochettino, I guess it was either that or risk him walking.
Yes, I'd agree this is the likely dependency.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Interesting twist in this ongoing narrative of Pochettino rebuilding project. Where would he play? Does he suit Spurs?

I feel like it is a ploy to lower Real Betis demand for Lo Celso. However, Pochettino is a clever man and he must know that Ali performance is poor of late. As such, giving him some competition in Bruno might be what Ali needs to improve his game.

Winks/Sissoko - N’Dombele
Eriksen - Bruno - Son
Kane

Not to bad, but I believe a dribbler Or a technician like lo Celso would be more fitting in their attack. Bruno seems to much like Eriksen. Strange rumor.

padr81

Supports
Man City
With Pep and Klopp staying at Liverpool and City few more years, it seems like Pochettino might be the only manager at the moment capable of taking these two head on with proper backing. After taking Spurs to the finals with no backing, Pochettino has seem to have issue an ultimatum to Levy. You can’t expect similar success if we continue what was done the last five years. As a result, Spurs are looking to rebuild. How would you conduct the rebuild?

First of, Pochettino philosophy and game plan is brilliant. In my opinion tied with Pep as the best footballing philosophy in the league. I would not change that. Spurs needs more players that suits Pochettino philosophy, e.g., technical gifted, hardworking and intelligent footballers.

Second, who to get rid of:

Transfer out:

Trippier
Eriksen
Alderweireld
Wanyama
Few other no names: N’kloulo, Janssen, etc.

Third who to bring in. They need to make signings similar to Liverpool before they went and won the champions league and tallied 97 points in the league.

Team 1:
Lloris(Gazzinga)
Atal(Aurier) - Vertonghen(Dier) - Sanchez(Foyth) - Maxx(Davis)
Sissoko(Wink) - N’Dombele(Skipp)
Eriksen(Lamela) - Lo Celso(Ali) - Son(Moura)
Kane(Yader)

With this team and Pochettino philosophy, we don’t have to worry about Liverpool + City dominance from the premier league.
Not even Levy could pull that shit off.

Amadaeus

I mean, the rumor would make sense if Eriksen was leaving, but Bruno alongside Eriksen doesn’t make sense. They are too similar to each other. Plus with Madrid going after Van Der Beek, I don’t believe Eriksen will be leaving Spurs.

In all honesty, if Spurs can get Lo Celso and Sessegnon, while keeping Alderweireld, Rose, and Eriksen, it will be a decent start to the rebuilding project. Forsyth, Walker Peters and Aurier could replace Trippier at right back and Pochettino will assess their performance next season to see if they are good enough.

However, looking at Arsenal spending £72m on Pepe plus more addition, United spending £80m on Maguire plus more addition, and Chelsea spending £60m on Pulsic, the narrative will look like Pochettino is not being backed by Spurs unless they add another quality signing to their team. Lo Celso is a good player but it is not really a statement signing like Pepe or Maguire. Regardless, I believe this season might be Spurs hardest test towards retaining top four and winning a trophy as their other rivals have strengthened significantly.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I mean, the rumor would make sense if Eriksen was leaving, but Bruno alongside Eriksen doesn’t make sense. They are too similar to each other. Plus with Madrid going after Van Der Beek, I don’t believe Eriksen will be leaving Spurs.

In all honesty, if Spurs can get Lo Celso and Sessegnon, while keeping Alderweireld, Rose, and Eriksen, it will be a decent start to the rebuilding project. Forsyth, Walker Peters and Aurier could replace Trippier at right back and Pochettino will assess their performance next season to see if they are good enough.

However, looking at Arsenal spending £72m on Pepe plus more addition, United spending £80m on Maguire plus more addition, and Chelsea spending £60m on Pulsic, the narrative will look like Pochettino is not being backed by Spurs unless they add another quality signing to their team. Lo Celso is a good player but it is not really a statement signing like Pepe or Maguire. Regardless, I believe this season might be Spurs hardest test towards retaining top four and winning a trophy as their other rivals have strengthened significantly.
I see it more as a further building project, and not so much as re-building. But I agree that signing Lo Celso and Sessegnon, whilst keeping Alderweireld, Rose and Eriksen would represent a good window for us, especially considering that we've already signed Ndombele.

I'm not sure that Maquire qualifies as "statement" signing, although for sure it's a statement of money spent on a defender.

Amadaeus

Overall, @Amadaeus give this early rebuilding project a B+.

Pros:
  • Improved the depth of their attack and midfield.
  • N'Dombele could be the player that is the missing link in their midfield
  • Chance to blood in youth like Foysth, KWP, Skipp, Tanganga, Parrott
  • Eriksen, Rose, and Alderweireld stayed
Cons:
  • No replacement for Trippier. Youcef Atal would have been great addition
  • No impact or statements signing. Missed the mark by not signing Countinho or Dybala
  • No plan B as Llorente targetman ability really helped Pochettino last season. They have no target man to launch long balls at.
That is it for this window, if Pochettino stays, the rebuilding project will begin again next spending window. In conclusion they have enough to get top four, which makes it more competitive for Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea. However, not enough to compete for title.

Team when everyone fit.

Lloris
Forsyth/Aurier - Vertonghen - Alderweireld - Rose
Sissoko/Wink - N’Dombele
Eriksen - Lo Celso/Ali - Son
Kane