Rebuilding Real Madrid - how do you do it? | Buy well

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
They are reliable, now their main Madrid reporter is Hermel, as you probably know Hermel is close to Madrid higher ups and in particular Perez.
Thanks!, Although I don't trust too much Hermel.
Imagine if he signs with Madrid after playing with Barsa for months hehe.
It wouldn't make sense if he is so worried about a place in the line-up

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The CAF doesn’t rate Madrid’s youth setup, but it produces lots of quality players (no world class ones since Casillas). They’re a solid source of income for Madrid every year.
Agree with that, but I would say that on his day Carvajal is world class.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can only think we're either considering selling varane, trying to stockpile assets for a go at mbappé, or just playing interference

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ferland Mendy is currently being unveiled at the Bernabéu, RM's 5th Summer signing and they're not even nearly finished.

What. The Feck. Are. We. Doing.

:( I don't expect a rebuild of this magnitude, we were never going to do that, but can we please do something, soon
So that's Mendy, Rodrygo, Jovic, Militao and Hazard done before July. Extremely efficient in the market. Great response to a poor season.

Denis79

Ferland Mendy is currently being unveiled at the Bernabéu, RM's 5th Summer signing and they're not even nearly finished.

What. The Feck. Are. We. Doing.

:( I don't expect a rebuild of this magnitude, we were never going to do that, but can we please do something, soon
That's ambition for you. You can't compare them to us.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Real is rebuilding their squad. They didn´t spend alot of money the last couple of years on transfers. But by all respect to their transfers so far, i don´t see them in a superior position. We have to wait untill the end of the transfer window, but i guess there will be four teams more or less on the same level: ManCity, Barca, Liverpool and Real. If teams are close to their opponents, you need true leaders in your squad. I don´t see them (yet) in the "new" Real team. I see Pogba as a potential leader, but don´t know him well enough. Reading this forum, it seems like Pogba is more of an individualist than a leader.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mendy just won the hearts of madridismo by liking a tweet calling for Lucas to be deported :lol::lol::lol:

footballers should just drop off social media for their own good :houllier:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Mendy just won the hearts of madridismo by liking a tweet calling for Lucas to be deported :lol::lol::lol:

That's what they meant when they were looking for an offensive full back.

Fer

It's impressive that Madrid had a bad season, and they start singing quality players to improve their team and continue being one of the best in the world.

The same happen with teams like Juventus, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, City, PSG and other.

Sadly, there are teams like the one at Milan that slowly star losing their place with the best teams.

I'm afraid we are in a similar position right now if we don't get the best players we can get and have a style of play.

Do you think we still are in the top 10 football clubs? Or team like Atlético, Chelsea, Liverpool, Dortmund, etc are way ahead of us?

amolbhatia50k

It's impressive that Madrid had a bad season, and they start singing quality players to improve their team and continue being one of the best in the world.

The same happen with teams like Juventus, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, City, PSG and other.

Sadly, there are teams like the one at Milan that slowly star losing their place with the best teams.

I'm afraid we are in a similar position right now if we don't get the best players we can get and have a style of play.

Do you think we still are in the top 10 football clubs? Or team like Atlético, Chelsea, Liverpool, Dortmund, etc are way ahead of us?
Top 10? Nope. We are generally 4th to 6th in England, with our last finish being 6th. So as things stand, you'd have to put us behind 5 English sides, definitely 3 Spanish ones, at least 2 Italian and German ones and 1 French team And that's the bare minimum. As a football team, you can't say we're better than the likes of Ajax based on last season either. But these things can change quickly as we've got the resources to rise rapidly through the ranks.

At the same time as a club were right up there.

amolbhatia50k

How do you view the players that have been signed? Rebuild has been/is being carried out well? And who is credited with picking these players - Perez or Zidane? Everyone said the latter has never built a squad so if he's calling these shots, this may be the chance to judge his qualities in this regard.

TheRedHearted

So basically what we should have done after Moyes first season.

Vanja Milinković Undisclosed
Ander Herrera £29,000,000 Alexander Büttner £4,400,000
Luke Shaw £27,000,000
Marcos Rojo £16,000,000
Ángel Di María £59,700,000
Daley Blind £13,800,000
Victor Valdez
Sadiq El

Last edited:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Everyone said the latter has never built a squad so if he's calling these shots, this may be the chance to judge his qualities in this regard.
He used to be sports director for Real Madrid, so he was involved in a lot of signings for the club since Mourinho days.

haram

Their squad was easily already better than ours and look at how they have invested.

How do you view the players that have been signed? Rebuild has been/is being carried out well? And who is credited with picking these players - Perez or Zidane? Everyone said the latter has never built a squad so if he's calling these shots, this may be the chance to judge his qualities in this regard.
Building a squad at Real is much easier than doing it at other teams anyway. You already have top players for starters and then you are given a big amount of money on top of that.

amolbhatia50k

He used to be sports director for Real Madrid, so he was involved in a lot of signings for the club since Mourinho days.
Yeah but there's a difference between being involved and bearing the responsibility. I imagine Mourono and Perez had a lot to do with those signings.

Who is picking the players this summer?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Building a squad at Real is much easier than doing it at other teams anyway. You already have top players for starters and then you are given a big amount of money on top of that.
Plus half the players in the world want to play for you.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah but there's a difference between being involved and bearing the responsibility. I imagine Mourono and Perez had a lot to do with those signings.

Mendy and Pogba are Zidane's. Militao and Rodrygo are Flo's. Hazard and Jovic are technically Flo's, with Zidane's seal of approval

Varane is also Zidane's

Fer

I can see Madrid signing one of Pogba, Eriksen or N'Dombele to close their transfer window for this summer.

They will offload a lot of players too.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Is James really going for just €42m?

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
And he's not an easy player to fit in today's tactics, there's hardly any top teams playing with an actual "10".

Shinjch

That's a bit more than 450m in sales. They could easily get Mbappe and Pogba by getting rid the players they don't want.
You have to bear in mind that this is ideal world stuff for Madrid. They won't be able to shift Bale, especially not at that fee. James is more likely to go on loan initially. It is propaganda.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Real Madrids Last 6 year spending: 747.25million euros
Manchester Utd Last 6 year spending: 834.45million euros

I won't bother with net spend but its grim reading. :lol:

Scaring Europe to Death

Supports
Manchester City
It's arguably a lot easier than it used to be, mainly due to the self-perpetuating riches of the Champions League.

Even 20 years ago, teams such as Ajax, Dortmund, Porto and Monaco would all have enjoyed a brief cycle of European dominance. Nowadays, they get one bite of the cherry before receiving an offer they can't refuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyH1

It's arguably a lot easier than it used to be, mainly due to the self-perpetuating riches of the Champions League.

Even 20 years ago, teams such as Ajax, Dortmund, Porto and Monaco would all have enjoyed a brief cycle of European dominance. Nowadays, they get one bite of the cherry before receiving an offer they can't refuse.
This is true. Even clubs like Steaua Bucharest, Dynamo Kiev or Red Star could challenge the biggest of clubs. Now they get dismantled before even mounting a challenge.

gaucho_10

That's a bit more than 450m in sales. They could easily get Mbappe and Pogba by getting rid the players they don't want.
We'll be lucky if we sell Bale at all. I'd be happy with 50 mil. Other then that prices for the rest seem realistic.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

This second stint as manager he's having more influence in this type of decisions, which is good, but Florentino has also their own players and targets so they also need to agree with the players he wants. So ultimately I think it's a more balanced approach where Zidane is given more freedom but there's also negotiation involved between the board and manager.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

I think the Bosman ruling also helped change everything. Look at the Ajax team of the 90s, it got dismantled at some point, but since most big clubs had to keep their core from the same nationality it took some time to do so.