Rebuilding Real Madrid - how do you do it? | Buy well

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Honestly rebuilding Madrid should be the easiest job in world, which I why I didn't understand Zidane resigning. Together with Barcelona they are most attractive destination for nearly all players in world. Real Madrid are considered the pinnacle of football. Biggest most succesfull club in the world.

They havn't splashed the cash for many seasons and have one of the hightest revenue in world. They are filthy rich.

They are free to go out and splash the cash on the best players and prospects in the world. It shouldn't be difficult. Of course they might not be able to prize away players from the big oil clubs like PSG and City, but there are plenty of other players and talents out there.

Loon

:lol:
“Tap up multiple targets in the most transparent way without fear of censure and see who bites.”

youmeletsfly

They are filthy rich, but everyone and their dog knows that and everyone will ask crazy amount of money when they come calling for their players.

Rebuilding job will require at least 2 seasons. They can't fill all the positions in one window, that would mean a crazy amount of money.

They can sell Mariano, Bale and Modric and that would cover about 100mil of their spend.

In my opinion they need to start in the summer with:
- CM (a creative and mobile one that will replace Modric)
- CB (they can scrap with Nacho as backup for Ramos for one more season though)
- RM/right inside forward (hard position to fill, not many players can play there, someone like Salah might do the job)
- Left side can be covered by Vinicius, but if they seriously want to compete they need Hazard there
- ST (hardest one to fill, I can only think of Piatek atm)

I guess they can skip CB and LB for this summer and persist with Ramos and Marcelo for one more season. But, from whatever angle we're looking at the situation, even the first phase of the rebuild will cost a fekton of money.

On paper you'd think that they have a ton of money and the rebuilding is not that hard, but we also need to take in consideration that they'll have at least 3-5 new players in the team, players that need at least a season to gel.

Njord

Hope they're not coming for our world class players, such as Sanchez, italian international Darmian or world cup winner Mata.

Given really huge transfer fees, I might be able to cope though.

Devil may care

That team is average for Real Madrid standards. Looks like a team Chelsea would have. Madrid are going to sign 4 Galacticos and sell many players as well.
Where are they going to get these 4 Galacticos? This isn't like it used to be, they don't have the hand outs from the National bank any more and teams aren't going to bend over for them like they used to, like they aren't waltzing into PSG and taking Mbappe or Neymar, they aren't rolling up to Bayern and taking Lewandowski, they aren't going to bully City for Aguero or de Bruyne, they aren't going to force us into selling Pogba or Liverpool into selling van Dijk, the landscape has changed, Zidane is going to get quality but he's also going to have to coach this team up, and maybe that's what he wants and why he's came back, to be given the chance to build a team and develop them.

manunited1919

Where are they going to get these 4 Galacticos? This isn't like it used to be, they don't have the hand outs from the National bank any more and teams aren't going to bend over for them like they used to, like they aren't waltzing into PSG and taking Mbappe or Neymar, they aren't rolling up to Bayern and taking Lewandowski, they aren't going to bully City for Aguero or de Bruyne, they aren't going to force us into selling Pogba or Liverpool into selling van Dijk, the landscape has changed, Zidane is going to get quality but he's also going to have to coach this team up, and maybe that's what he wants and why he's came back, to be given the chance to build a team and develop them.
Zidane will never get the time he needs to rebuild the team. Their whole structure and fan based is based on galactico signings. They will struggle for a few years.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
If he has that team above he will get sacked before the season ends. If they sell the many players who need to go along with the money they have already got they can sign 3 BIG name players. Zidane will fail with that team above especially because I think he is. a bit overrated.

Devil may care

Zidane will never get the time he needs to rebuild the team. Their whole structure and fan based is based on galactico signings. They will struggle for a few years.
They wouldn't even give time to a guy that brought them an unprecedented 3 back to back CL's?

If he has that team above he will get sacked before the season ends. If they sell the many players who need to go along with the money they have already got they can sign 3 BIG name players. Zidane will fail with that team above especially because I think he is. a bit overrated.
The only thing that team is missing to win La Liga and the CL is a truly proven top striker, if he's as good a manager as his CV suggests, I also think they are going to struggle to offload the players, Modric is too old to get much for him or for any team outside of Italy to be interested, same with Benzema and Ramos, they could get a decent chunk for Isco I guess but Bale is a fecking crock, only a mug team would take him for anything like the fee they want or the wages he wants, they better hope he fancies learning Mandarin more than he did Spanish, and even then no matter the money, you have to force the clubs to sell and the clubs I listed all have deep enough pockets to resist them.

cathari

Guess that's partially true, yes, but they could still land both Hazard and Icardi this summer, and if they strike luck with two or three more (like Eriksen, Koulibaly, Son, Sancho, Rabiot) they could be back in it.

Devil may care

Guess that's partially true, yes, but they could still land both Hazard and Icardi this summer, and if they strike luck with two or three more (like Eriksen, Koulibaly, Son, Sancho, Rabiot) they could be back in it.
Well bar Icardi you're not listing players that didn't go in the team I picked for their rebuild, and they probably could get Icardi and put Modric in as part of the deal, it's whether Zidane wants more hold up play from his #9 than Icardi brings. I can definitely see them getting Eriksen with his contract situation, not sure what Son's is and they have 2 young wingers so I don't see Sancho as a need for them, Rabiot on a free is a good shout with the French connection and unfortunately I do see them going for Koulibaly.

Brophs

The One and Only
They need to do a Football Manager on it and get rid of their players over the age of 28 while they can get money for them. Sell Bale and bring in Mads Jorgensen. Ditch ageing Modric and bring in Kennedy Bakircioglu. They've had great success with Brazilian strikers in the past (well, Ronaldo) and what better way to replace Benzema than bringing back Samba football by actually signing Cherno Samba. Mark Kerr is the sort of playmaker Toni Kroos could have become.

Devil may care

Marcelo is leaving for Juventus this Summer, at least thats what I read a few days ago. I also think there would be outrage if they dropped Vinícius Júnior.
Marcelo was key under Zidane before, I think now he's back he'll be key again, the Juve stuff was fueled by Ronaldo now being there and the fallout with Solari gave it momentum, now Zidane is back he'll be a main fixture in the side again IMO. As far as Vinícius Júnior goes, do Real Madrid fans care about young players like that if they got in Hazard? The general view is they only care about winning.

Devil may care

Their fans booed Ronaldo after winning Champions League for them. So absolutely no. Zidane will not get time for a rebuild.
Ronaldo's personality spikes people in general though, Zidane is a different type of guy and won them a CL as a player and coach, but you might be right, maybe they'll turn on him after one season without a pot.

cathari

Well bar Icardi you're not listing players that didn't go in the team I picked for their rebuild, and they probably could get Icardi and put Modric in as part of the deal, it's whether Zidane wants more hold up play from his #9 than Icardi brings. I can definitely see them getting Eriksen with his contract situation, not sure what Son's is and they have 2 young wingers so I don't see Sancho as a need for them, Rabiot on a free is a good shout with the French connection and unfortunately I do see them going for Koulibaly.
Sorry about that, didn't realize you had posted a team further up.

Devil may care

Sorry about that, didn't realize you had posted a team further up.
No worries man, Icardi is a good shout which I hadn't thought of and would boost the goal output of the team I suggested, and Son is also interesting depending on his contract situation, as Spurs are hard to deal with when they get guys locked into those 5 year deals.

manunited1919

Ronaldo's personality spikes people in general though, Zidane is a different type of guy and won them a CL as a player and coach, but you might be right, maybe they'll turn on him after one season without a pot.
These are fickle fans, they will boo their own mother. If Zidane doesn’t deliver results he will be out.

Greck

They screwed up leaving their rebuilding efforts this long. It's never been harder to get star players. Teams just slap on huge fees and you're expected to pony up or move on. Jose alluded to this. A decade ago players like Kane and Salah would have been at Madrid by now. Heck if it was the early 2000s Kane would have been a United player by now

Schneckerl

Honestly rebuilding Madrid should be the easiest job in world, which I why I didn't understand Zidane resigning.
I don't think a coach ever lasted more than a season during a Madrid rebuilding phase and the average has to be like 6 months.

predator

Youth NITK
Just buy everyone else's best players. As annoying as it sounds Madrid usually get who they want. If they have the funds available then I think they can lure almost any player bar Messi. Do they have such funds though?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Starting with the players on loan: Achraf, James, RDT, Mayoral, Kovacic, Lucas Silva, Lunin, Theo, Odegaard.
Of them I think Lunin can return, assuming they will sell Navas.
I love Keylor and for me he would have been the starter but I think Zidane will accept the sale.
Zidane's son, Luca, is still in Madrid, so a little nepotism could be expected.
We have to try to sell Kovacic.
A pity the transfer ban to Chelsea but I still think that they will be able to extend the sanction to sign this summer.
With James we have 45 million. Raúl de Tomas and Mayoral must be sold. Maybe 20 million for both.
Lucas Silva is a lost case.
Theo is a club bet but he has barely played with Zidane.
Maybe he could go back as a substitute , Achraf could also return for the left back, he is doing well on the left, but his loan is for two years, and perhaps his return is a bit hasty.
I think we'll sell Marcelo.

I do not know what will happen with Odegaard. It was always said that Zidane could not stand him but it has been a while. I would give him a chance in the preseason, but a sale "a la Morata" (with buy back clause) seems reasonable.

ash_86

Just buy everyone else's best players. As annoying as it sounds Madrid usually get who they want. If they have the funds available then I think they can lure almost any player bar Messi. Do they have such funds though?
300m is supposed to be budget for them. Maybe player sales money on top of it.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If they go balls out.

Ramos and Modric will be the first two names on the team sheet. Why the hell would they lose their two best players?

Vinicius, Benzema, Ramos and Modric have been their 4 best players this season and none of them start?

cathari

No worries man, Icardi is a good shout which I hadn't thought of and would boost the goal output of the team I suggested, and Son is also interesting depending on his contract situation, as Spurs are hard to deal with when they get guys locked into those 5 year deals.
I don't know too much about Real Madrid, or Zidane for that matter, but he could look to change things for the better.

He could potentially rejuvenate Marcelo for another season, who was a key player for him last time around (although I'm aware of the Juve rumours). That could be one galactico just there. Isco was at times phenomenal under Zidane, and he could look to be another top-performer, and if you add a good Asensio, Hazard and Icardi to this idea, I'd say there could be a lot of progress to be done.

But, I don't know too much of Zidane's tactics from before and without Ronaldo, and Benzema, Bale, Marcelo, Kroos and Modric all in a kind of limbo state - it's hard to predict how he's going to set them up or if it's even possible to shift things around Ole-style.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Ramos and Modric will be the first two names on the team sheet. Why the hell would they lose their two best players?

Vinicius, Benzema, Ramos and Modric have been their 4 best players this season and none of them start?
I have my doubts about Modric.He renewed recently, but it seems one of those unreal renewals.

The midfield is what causes me the most doubts. I can believe that they sell one, two, or all.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Big summer ahead of us with Pogba and Raiola :nervous:

I hope he's still here for next season.

cyberman

They don't though. They go for players then make excuses as to why they didn't get them.
They'll go for Hazard and Eriksen imo, players who are winding down their contracts. There isn't a hope they'll be after Kane / Salah / Pogba etc.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Should sell Carvajal, no idea why anyone rates him. Actually give him a new deal. :lol:

Makelele

I would make it a priority to buy Kante and Hazard.

Courtois

Carvajal Varane Ramos Marcelo

Isco Modric Kante

Junior Benzema Hazard

I think the biggest problem here is the defence. Not sure how he fixes that.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
They have that young player too don't they, Hakimi or something like that? Supposed to be a quality right back.
Yes, but he has shone as left back for Borussia Dortmund this season apparently.