Recent interview with Ji Sung Park

fanutd

Love him. He was such a shrewd signing and an absolute pest to play against. He constantly was on the move and made clever runs when the team had the ball and pressing and harassing when we didn't have the ball. Selfless and clinical player.

Steven7290

His wife said he was more excited for that win than when his country beat Germany in the World Cup and he didnt even try to cover the fact. Between SAF instilling that mentality and warriors for the club like him no wonder we dominated for such a long period of time.

Ibi Dreams

How was he ahead of his time?
He was a pressing maniac in a period where pressing wasn't nearly as heavily utilised as it is now. Liverpool won the league by signing a bunch of Parks, basically (not really but you get the point)

Lynty

How was he ahead of his time?
My post is 2 years old mate.:lol:

But ye, explained a few times already by the above poster and the original reply to my comment

Liverpool have a shit midfield with the exception of Thiago and occasionally Fabinho. They’re just monsters at pressing.

Richarlison got his move to Spurs based on relentless pressing and running. I’d argue that Park was the better player.

Pressing ability and stamina are highly prized attributes now. They weren’t so much back then

fanutd

But ye, explained a few times already by the above poster and the original reply to my comment

Liverpool have a shit midfield with the exception of Thiago and occasionally Fabinho. They’re just monsters at pressing.

Richarlison got his move to Spurs based on relentless pressing and running. I’d argue that Park was the better player.

Pressing ability and stamina are highly prized attributes now. They weren’t so much back then
The year we did the double we had a lot of players in the team that liked pressing and were very proactive/aggressive and I would say Park was the best amongst them strictly in terms of stamina and pressing (Rooney, Tevez, and Hargreaves to name a few).

Also completely agree with the ahead of his time comment. Imagine a motivated in prime Park instead of Minamino at Pool :annoyed:

Marwood

Haha, sorry buddy, I didn't clock the date.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Every team needs a Ji Sung Park. That said i remember watching him tear AC Milan down at his time with PSV and i thought to myself who is this guy, then we went and signed him i was very excited.

I think his passing and vision on the ball is slightly underrated, he had a good balance and techniques and could also spot and execute a perfect through pass...

I absolutely love him, i think the Club should scout for a player of his quality from his country to add to this group.

RC89

Loved Park. Was so average against lesser opposition, but in the big games... Never once let us down. Regularly an early pick for big games.

criticalanalysis

Here's Ji-Sung building Lego Old Trafford while his lovely wife is asking him questions regarding his time at the club. Great to see him so happy.
I know this is from two years ago but when did Park become a vlogger? Why is this video so wholesome? Why is the place so modest? So many questions :smirk:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What a lovely player he was for us, could make some use of his ilk.

On an unrelated note I do wonder how different the outcome would have been in that wembley final had Fergie installed him to man mark Messi as he alluded to later on in some interviews.
I doubt it would have made much of a difference in the end but it's worth a thought i suppose .

Glorio

Every team needs a Ji Sung Park. That said i remember watching him tear AC Milan down at his time with PSV and i thought to myself who is this guy, then we went and signed him i was very excited.

I think his passing and vision on the ball is slightly underrated, he had a good balance and techniques and could also spot and execute a perfect through pass...

I absolutely love him, i think the Club should scout for a player of his quality from his country to add to this group.
Felt exactly the same watching that PSV vs Milan game, and always felt he played within himself skill-wise here.

Obviously that might have been a one off performance, but we never saw anything close to that sort of attacking flair here. He was a hardworking player for us, and Mr reliable, but the kind of stuff direct attacking thrust and dribbling he showed in that game was magical

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He’s the new Technical Director at JeonBuk Hyundai Motors. A friend of mine is meeting him in a couple of weeks! Lucky bugger.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He’s the new Technical Director at JeonBuk Hyundai Motors. A friend of mine is meeting him in a couple of weeks! Lucky bugger.
Thought he was coaching at some level at QPR?

mav_9me

Here's Ji-Sung building Lego Old Trafford while his lovely wife is asking him questions regarding his time at the club. Great to see him so happy.
Haven't seen the video before. This seems to be fun. Will watch it at leisure

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If you pause the Korean version of Captain America -- winter soldier at the scene where he is making a list of things to catch up on now he is awake..... Our very own Ji Sung Park is top of the list :drool: