Reception for Di Maria at Old Trafford?

dove

As others said, he has a weak mentality. Boo him not just for his betrayal, but to disorient him as maybe that will affect his performance. If the latter happens, the crowd will literally be the 12th man.
That worked really well :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What exactly has he done to antagonize the crowd? He was pushed into a metal fence and clearly hurt his arm, is that why we're booing?
He tried to break a piece of fence with his ribs, the cnut!

Dinghy

Don't get why this guy gets so much hate. It didn't really work out for him and he moved on from a manager that had us playing the worst fecking football I've ever seen from a supposed top side. Don't think he has ever bad-mouthed the club either.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
If the crowd was indifferent/silent towards him, Di Maria would’ve probably had one of his usual passenger games where he just goes through the motions and doesn’t give a feck.

He is a kind of player who gets fired up by this kind of stuff.

nutmegrush

I got the sense that actually his motivation came from Ashley Young moreso than the crowd. He played off his shoulder through the whole second half after the nudging, whereas he was coming inside before. He went on to get the better of Young and ultimately responded by letting the football do the talking. I bet that was the message at half time.

Nonetheless he’s a cnut.

tomaldinho1

Was confused at the hate for him, speaks volumes more if there's simply no reaction. All he did was come here, play a blinder vs Norwich, get robbed and bottle it.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Ugh the acting when he hit that fence. And the celebration of the goal. He annoyed me.

buckooo1978

petty the booing and I was a bit embarrassed by it - this was hardly some major enemy of the club

he was super, lost form being played out of position and wanted to escape the mess that was Van Gaal's United

crazy thing is he was still better for us than Sanchez has been

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
petty the booing and I was a bit embarrassed by it - this was hardly some major enemy of the club

he was super, lost form being played out of position and wanted to escape the mess that was Van Gaal's United

crazy thing is he was still better for us than Sanchez has been
It's just part of the pantomime. The bottle was obviously too far and whoever did it should be banned for life, but I assume it was plastic (possibly wrongly if snuck in).

SpyLuke10

Can't stand Di Maria I'm glad we booed the feck out of him. He disrespected United by the way he behaved just before he left and is spineless imo. Benched by Ashley Young he expected to start without putting in the graft, glad we at least recouped a decent amount of the fee we paid.

Cloud7

Was confused at the hate for him, speaks volumes more if there's simply no reaction. All he did was come here, play a blinder vs Norwich, get robbed and bottle it.
I don’t understand it either. The guy is a complete non entity in the history of United. I regard him in the same way as Obertan or Memphis or Schneiderlin. Guys who came, it didn’t work out and they left. I bear neither positive nor negative emotions for them. They’re just entirely irrelevant. Bit weird that so many people hate Di Maria so much.

Fridge chutney

It's a shame the rat faced mercenary ever wore the shirt. He wasn't important enough to boo him.

Unfortunately the boos seemed to wake the dopey cretin up.

Giggs86

Probably still salty because he got benched by Young. Young smashing him today was our highlight of the game.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don’t understand it either. The guy is a complete non entity in the history of United. I regard him in the same way as Obertan or Memphis or Schneiderlin. Guys who came, it didn’t work out and they left. I bear neither positive nor negative emotions for them. They’re just entirely irrelevant. Bit weird that so many people hate Di Maria so much.
Same view, I just don't understand it. Booing for the sake of booing is weird to me.

Himannv

I never understood why a bottle was thrown until I read this post. :lol:

Having said that, I'd say he deserved to get a bit of stick for the way he left.

Dave89

Did I misjudge the situation or was he yelling feck off at supporters in the disabled section whenever they scored their first?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don't believe in booing our ex players. Not even Paul Ince. It makes us so like the scousers

Ainu

Did I misjudge the situation or was he yelling feck off at supporters in the disabled section whenever they scored their first?
Surely he was just yelling at whatever section was closest to where they were celebrating. No need to make this any worse than it is.

Judas

Open to offers
You misjudged the situation, badly. If you think he was aiming abuse intentionally at the disabled section you should probably go and post in the comment section on the daily mail website, fit in perfectly.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Di Maria expected hostile reception
Angel Di Maria has reiterated the only problem he had during his time at Manchester United was with former boss Louis van Gaal.

“It was difficult from the opening minute but I knew this was going to happen,” Di Maria told Cadena Cope. “But I’ve said it in the past and I reiterate it, I never spoke badly of the people here and of this club. These are things that happen and people took it badly. I only had problems with the coach (Louis van Gaal) here.”

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
11:28KEY EVENT
Di Maria 'facing ban'
French outlet RMC say Angel Di Maria risked a Uefa ban by telling Manchester United’s fans to “f*** off” last night.

That would seem a little harsh given the stick he got off United’s fans throughout the 90 minutes.

Andrew~

Agreed, it's weird how upset some people are at him. He did nothing at United and got sold. Are this lot going to boo Mkhytharian when we go to Arsenal? Pointless.

Charlie Foley

Had the last laugh. When people are thick enough to throw things at a bloke who simply just didn't enjoy his time here, I just have to side with the player, pathetic stuff.
We all know what you think about loyalty and siding with the other team, Judas