Gaming Recommend me a video game!

OleBoiii

Rules:

1. Must be able to run smoothly on my shitty 6 year old laptop(Intel i7 quad core 2ghz, 8 gigs of RAM, shitty graphics card). Alternatively: a Nintendo Switch game, as that's the only console I have.
2. Should be something that I can "autopilot", as I'll typically be tired after a long day at work where I've been using my head a lot.
3. Should be something that can be turned off almost immediately, as I'm married.
4. Should not be strategy or RPG.
5. Big plus if it's cheap, as I get tired of most games pretty fast.

A few games that I already have(and enjoyed playing at some point): Counter Strike 1.6, most 3D Zelda games from OOT to BOTW, most Super Smash Brothers games, various FIFA games, Rocket League, Mega Man X(on SNES), Portal, Portal 2.

Last edited:

Bratt

Rules:

1. Must be able to run smoothly on my shitty 6 year old laptop(Intel i7 quad core 2ghz, 8 gigs of RAM, shitty graphics card). Alternatively: a Nintendo Switch game, as that's the only console I have.
2. Should be something that I can "autopilot", as I'll typically be tired after a long day at work where I've been using my head a lot.
3. Should be something that can be turned off almost immediately, as I'm married.

A few games that I already have(and enjoyed playing at some point): Counter Strike 1.6, most 3D Zelda games from OOT to BOTW, most Super Smash Brothers games, various FIFA games, Rocket League, Mega Man X(on SNES), Portal, Portal 2, Monkey Island.
What about football manager?
You could argue that it breaks rule number four, but you might enjoy it.
I haven’t played fm since fm 12 or 13, but bought fm20 a while ago, when I had the weekend for my self with no plans other than watching football. And it was actually great fun to play it again.

OleBoiii

What about football manager?
You could argue that it breaks rule number four, but you might enjoy it.
Hmm, that's not a bad suggestion. It's a bit RPG-ish like you say, but I think my love for football and my ability to overrate my own football knowledge just about trumps my hatred for RPG:lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If you enjoyed Monkey Island, Maybe take a look at Thimbleweed park.

Also, Q.U.B.E
Not actually played it, but it's a puzzle game, so may be similar to Portal

OleBoiii

If you enjoyed Monkey Island, Maybe take a look at Thimbleweed park.

Also, Q.U.B.E
Not actually played it, but it's a puzzle game, so may be similar to Portal
I looked at some Q.U.B.E videos. It seems very interesting!

OleBoiii

I dunno about graphics though, so you'd be best checking your specs against it. It's like £3 on ebay but could take a few hours for them to get back to you
The first QUBE game seems like it will run OK. The second game may be a bit too much for my PC, though.

izzydiggler

Also, The Epic Games store give a free PC game away every week...some brilliant games have been on there. GOG also have some great free games like Beneath a Steel Sky.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
@OleBoiii Luigi's Mansion 3 is a charming, chilled out game. If you liked Monkey Island, have you played Grim Fandango? That's on Switch too.

Recommend Stardew Valley if you're after a game which you can play for short periods to relax.

Kentucky Route Zero has just come out on Switch and is meant to be really good.
Review: ''Much of the game is spent exploring and talking while letting the story unfold. At times you really do feel like a passenger observing what’s happening instead of being actively involved.''
Sounds like it might be of interest.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm hooked on a game called Mount and Blade: Warband.
It's a pretty old game but I didn't know it. It consists of growing in a medieval world and being a vassal or creating your own kingdom.
There are quite a few battles in first or third person. I also discovered that a new game will be released shortly (I play on ps4).
The controls and graphics could be better
Edit: Sorry,I didn't read the OP.I thought that was the other thread about games

Last edited:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I'm disappointed with its last two iterations (FM19 and FM20) but as a married man it's the only game i keep coming back to.

Current patch is alright and having good results. Chill out game although i get pretty into it in micromanaging such as youth development and tactics you can alt+tab or minimize immediatly as soon as the wife gets in. Or you can leave it on the background anyti

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Recently I also bought Frostpunk and Stellaris,Strategy.
Both are very good, Frostpunk is quite difficult and very different from the rest of the games of the genre, I would recommend it.
Stellaris is space strategy, but it requires a lot of free time. It takes hours before the game starts to progress. I've left it a bit abandoned for that reason although it's a good game
Edit: Sorry,I didn't read the OP.I thought that was the other thread about games

Last edited:

LInkash

Story based games perhaps? Just like watching a TV show, but a bit more interactive.

I like Life is Strange, various tell tale games and Detroit become human

OleBoiii

Thanks for all the recommendations so far. I think I'll go with Q.U.B.E first. It seems very similar to Portal, which is pretty much ideal.

Number 4. rules out most of the best PC games.
I know, but they're just not my thing. I can't stand grinding and interacting with NPCs. I don't care much about exploration either(Zelda games being the exception to the rule). As for strategy games, I find them stressful. I also don't like "point and click" games where you just give out commands. I want to control my character(s) in a precise manner.

I removed Monkey Island from the topic now. I have fond memories from junior high, but now I'd probably not enjoy it(or similar games).

OleBoiii

Or feck it! It's been ages since I tried an RPG.

Stardew Valley it is! :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
But all good games are Rpgs or Strategy games...

Uhm..

Shovel Knight? Terraria? Minecraft? Mario Kart?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How would you rate the following out of 10 caftards?

Sekiro
Ghost of Tsushima
Last of us 2
Outer worlds
Control
Metro Exodus
FF 7 Remake

Or just pick one. Wondering what to pick up for the winter break.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Sekiro
Ghost of Tsushima
Last of us 2
Outer worlds
Control
Metro Exodus
FF 7 Remake

Sekiro and FF7 remake if I had to choose from those.

I hear Metro is great, but I dont like fps games.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Sekiro
Ghost of Tsushima
Last of us 2
Outer worlds
Control
Metro Exodus
FF 7 Remake

Sekiro if you don't mind the fact that it's really challenging. After that FF7 remake. I would also urge you to consider Nioh 2 if you havn't picked it up already.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Sekiro
Ghost of Tsushima
Last of us 2
Outer worlds
Control
Metro Exodus
FF 7 Remake

Sekiro is very difficult, but if you have the patience it’s a brilliant game. FF7 is wonderful aswell.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Rules:

A few games that I already have(and enjoyed playing at some point): Counter Strike 1.6, most 3D Zelda games from OOT to BOTW, most Super Smash Brothers games, various FIFA games, Rocket League, Mega Man X(on SNES), Portal, Portal 2.
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing New Horizons

amolbhatia50k

Sekiro is very difficult, but if you have the patience it’s a brilliant game. FF7 is wonderful aswell.
Sekiro if you don't mind the fact that it's really challenging. After that FF7 remake. I would also urge you to consider Nioh 2 if you havn't picked it up already.
Sekiro and FF7 remake if I had to choose from those.

I hear Metro is great, but I dont like fps games.
Thanks for the responses!

I never played the original FF so that one could be intriguing as they seem to have mixed up the combat and I don't like pure turn based.

I love the Soulsborne games. But I do have to always contemplate if I'm ready at that moment in time for a stressful (but brilliant ) gaming experience.

Metro and Control are just really cheap on the Ps store right now hence was thinking about them together. Metro gold edition too with both Dlcs. But I'm wary of it being not my kind of game.

The other one I've been considering most alongwith FF and Sekiro is Ghosts as it could be a good game to get lost in for a week/10 days.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I’ve played all of these. ( I’m such a geek I’ve platinumed 4) Although I quit metro after a few hours

Sekiro 10/10
Ghost of Tsushima 9/10
Last of us 2 9/10
Outer worlds 7/0
Control 7/10
Metro Exodus 5/10
FF 7 Remake 9/10

amolbhatia50k

TLOU 2
FF7
Ghost of Tsushima

Forget the rest.:D
I'm thinking Ghost may be the safest bet to get me through the holidays. FF, I've never really gotten into the series except X which I liked. But this one looks great. TLOU could actually be a bit short I'm thinking. But I do really want to play it.

fecksake