Other Recommend some good stand-up comedians

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I really like John Mulaney.
Took me a couple of clips to warm up to him, but he's got some tight material and is a pretty polished performer. Will delve into his work more.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I'll add Doug Stanhope & Dylan Moran to the list as I can't see that they have been mentioned.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Thanks for the tip. My mate's missus likes him. I'm just going to hang out with friends.
In which case fair enough and any live stand up is generally enjoyable as laughter is infectious. He might be alright if you’re not familiar with him, he very much has his own schtick which grows old pretty quickly. He was on every panel show in the UK about 5-10 years ago so it wore pretty thin

InfiniteBoredom

Can’t believe this has gone to page 2 and no one mentioned Fluffy/Gabe Iglesias. The best story teller in the game atm imo.

Jeff Dunham is also enjoyable if a bit sterile.

stepic

Nanette by Hannah Gadsby on Netflix is well worth a watch, although it's only part stand up really.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Can’t believe this has gone to page 2 and no one mentioned Fluffy/Gabe Iglesias. The best story teller in the game atm imo.
Just had a look at this after your recommendation. It really is beautifully told. Good call, InfiniteBoredom.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
In which case fair enough and any live stand up is generally enjoyable as laughter is infectious. He might be alright if you’re not familiar with him, he very much has his own schtick which grows old pretty quickly. He was on every panel show in the UK about 5-10 years ago so it wore pretty thin
I saw him there on social media today.. he's going on celebrity great British bake off or something?

Anyway it got me thinking that I hadn't seen or heard from him in ages. Feels like his career has completely fallen off a cliff unless he's quietly drumming away on some show that I've never seen.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
I saw him there on social media today.. he's going on celebrity great British bake off or something?

Anyway it got me thinking that I hadn't seen or heard from him in ages. Feels like his career has completely fallen off a cliff unless he's quietly drumming away on some show that I've never seen.
Don't take it personally, it gets like that when people have kids

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Old Billy ball bags
Mulaney
Bo Burnham
Norm McDonald
Zach Galifianakis
Jim Jeffries
Adam Sandler (his special was good, maybe not strictly stand-up)
Jen Kirkman

Not seen her specials but seen her be funny everywhere else: Aparna Nancherla

The HBO show Crashing is about stand-up and features a lot of comedians "playing themselves". Funny show and should give you a good idea.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Chappelle is the best for me. Not even a close second in sight.

Saw him in Dublin about a year ago and he was excellent. I feel like he doesn't even need to prep for comedy, like it's too easy for him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Jeff Dunham is also enjoyable if a bit sterile.
Gabe is fun, but Mike Berbiglia is the best storyteller on the planet.

@Melbourne Red - Some storytelling comics;

Mike Berbiglia
Bert Kreischer
Joey Diaz

- Ari Shaffir’s show ‘This is Not Happening’ is on YouTube and is simply 5-15 minute stories from top comedians. Almost all amazing. The absolute highlight is probably ‘Ralphie May - Gay Wedding’

Here you go

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Chappelle is the best for me. Not even a close second in sight.

Saw him in Dublin about a year ago and he was excellent. I feel like he doesn't even need to prep for comedy, like it's too easy for him.
Burr beats Chappelle right now. Paper Tiger is better than anything Chapelle has done in many years.

Eriku

Old Billy ball bags
Mulaney
Bo Burnham
Norm McDonald
Zach Galifianakis
Jim Jeffries
Adam Sandler (his special was good, maybe not strictly stand-up)
Jen Kirkman

Not seen her specials but seen her be funny everywhere else: Aparna Nancherla

The HBO show Crashing is about stand-up and features a lot of comedians "playing themselves". Funny show and should give you a good idea.
Oh man, that show captures life as a stand-up pretty darn well, except for all the handy breaks and acquaintances that just fly Pete's way :lol: Great shout.

Also, Old Billy ball bags :lol:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Tom Segura not mentioned yet. Is it only me that finds him funny?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Did anyone mention Jim Jeffries?

Louis C.K. is also fecking brilliant, if you can get over the whole masturbating in front of women thing.

Oh and Jimmy Carr of course, though I suppose his rapid fire quick jokes style is not for everyone.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Anthony Jeselnik is really good he has two specials on Netflix, check them out. His humour can get a bit dark though so if yer into that definitely give him a watch.

onemanarmy

I don't like standup comedy that much, but I do like Jim Jeffries.

And of course Hans Teeuwen, all time favorite. He's Dutch but he performs in English too.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Steven Wright's my favorite amongst popular stand up comedians. I only find 3 or 4 funny.

DVG7

Anthony Jeselnik is really good he has two specials on Netflix, check them out. His humour can get a bit dark though so if yer into that definitely give him a watch.
I second this. His joke about getting the best news ever, then the phone call from his brother is one of my favourites

GBBQ

Steve Martin - A Wild and Crazy guy
Demetri Martin - These are Jokes
Mitch Hedberg - Mitch All Together
David Cross - Its Not Funny
Dylan Moran - Like, Totally
Dave Chappelle - Killin' Them Softly

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Doug Stanhope, Louie CK, Chapelle are masters of the craft. The rest is hit and miss sometimes may be good sometimes may be shit.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I tend to gravitate towards American stand ups at the moment. I like these guys a lot:

John Mulaney
Todd Barry
Hannibal Buress
Nate Bargatze
Tom Segura
Bill Burr (older stuff in particular, 'You People Are All The Same' being his last solid special IMO)
Doug Stanhope

Of the non American guys, Stewart Lee, Dylan Moran an Eddie Izzard are my favourites. Bill Bailey's very good too, but his material overall is hit or miss.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I genuinely believe Kevin Hart won an illuminati competition to become famous.
My wife put one of his Netflix things on the other day, I didn't hear a single joke in the 90 mins. It was mainly him laughing at himself and making squealing sounds.
If there's a fan of his on here who can find me a clip of his good stuff I'd love to see it because at this point in time I cannot fathom the appeal

Bill Burr is great as is Louis CK
Peak chappelle is great but I thought his recent stuff was a bit hit and miss tbh
Can't stand Gervais stand up, his sitcoms are OK but he doesn't have the real stand ups chops for me
I like Kevin Hart but I get what you're saying about him. I don't really understand either why he's so popular. It has to be something about him being short and loud. Reminds me of Dane Cook who was also immensely popular but I never found him funny and I never understood how people liked him.