Record breakers!

Irwin99

By records sadly I mean bad ones in the premier league era. I know it's a bit of a gloomy thread but putting aside all your emotions and anger (this is all Ralf's fault, the player's fault, Ole's fault etc) and looking at this with pure morbid curiosity, what unwanted records do you think we'll set or avoid? Our next 4 games are against Chelsea (H) Brentford (H) Brighton (A) Crystal Palace (A). Here's what we can 'achieve' :nervous:

• Our lowest league position was 7th in 2013-2014 under Moyes/Giggs. We are now 6th.
  • Our worst defensive performance in a Premier League season was 18/19 under Jose/Ole with 54 goals conceded. We are now at 51 goals conceded for the premier league.
  • Our lowest points tally ever in a premier league season was set by Moyes/Giggs in 2013-2014 with 64 points. We are now at 54. We need 10 points to equal this.
  • Our goal difference is now +2. I think we can safety say that this will be the worst in our PL history no matter what but will we finish the season with a negative goal difference for the first time? :(
  • Our lowest win total for a season is in 16-17 under Jose and 2019-2020 under Ole both with 18 wins. We are now at 15 wins, so we'll have to win 3 to equal that.
  • Our highest defeat total in a PL season was 12 under David Moyes (2013-14). We're now at 10

On a more positive note, although it's not a record, if Ronaldo scores four more goals he'll be the first United player to reach 20 since the great Robin Van Persie back in 2012-2013.

No anger, just have a guess and let's see where we go. The only way is up from here.

Last edited:

Robertd0803

Not one United player reaching 20 goals in the league in 9 seasons is beyond a joke.

I wonder is there a record for a record amount of goals conceded in the opening 10 minutes of games this season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We will finish fourth, mark my words!
that's wrong and I'm dumb but mark em anyway..

Duafc

Village Lemon
Seems highly likely we smash all those tbh.

The Oracle

There is another record that was nearly smashed to pieces by Norwich...

'Man Utd have not lost a home league game after leading at half-time since May 1984 (1-2 vs Ipswich)

We smashed an 80's record at the weekend when we lost at Arsenal, making it the first time since 1981 that we have lost 4 consecutive away league games!

CloneMC16

Pretty sure bullet points 2 and 4 are nailed on. A negative GD depends on how we do against Chelsea. If we concede 2+ against them, I think we will finish in the negatives. If that happens, #1 will happen as well. That would be absolutely unreal. The amount of goals we've conceded this season is embarrassing. Brentford, Brighton, and Palace don't have anything to play for. I don't think we'll lose more than one of those games. I think (hope) #5 should be safe.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Surely this team will have the lowest cumulative on-pitch running distance covered by a United side in recent seasons.

Denis79

By records sadly I mean bad ones in the premier league era. I know it's a bit of a gloomy thread but putting aside all your emotions and anger (this is all Ralf's fault, the player's fault, Ole's fault etc) and looking at this with pure morbid curiosity, what unwanted records do you think we'll set or avoid? Our next 4 games are against Chelsea (H) Brentford (H) Brighton (A) Crystal Palace (A). Here's what we can 'achieve' :nervous:

• Our worst defensive performance in a Premier League season was 18/19 under Jose/Ole with 54 goals conceded. We are now at 51 goals conceded for the premier league.
  • Our lowest points tally ever in a premier league season was set by Moyes/Giggs in 2013-2014 with 64 points. We are now at 54. We need 10 points to equal this.
  • Our goal difference is now +2. I think we can safety say that this will be the worst in our PL history no matter what but will we finish the season with a negative goal difference for the first time? :(
  • Our lowest win total for a season is in 16-17 under Jose and 2019-2020 under Ole both with 18 wins. We are now at 15 wins, so we'll have to win 3 to equal that.
  • Our highest defeat total in a PL season was 12 under David Moyes (2013-14). We're now at 10

On a more positive note, although it's not a record, if Ronaldo scores four more goals he'll be the first United player to reach 20 since the great Robin Van Persie back in 2012-2013.

No anger, just have a guess and let's see where we go. The only way is up from here.
Wow didn't know it was that bad.. It seems we will manage to break all the records you mentioned except the last one.

Irwin99

To make it a bit less negative, I should have added that our lowest position was 7th under Moyes/Giggs and I think we should just about avoid that one by default as West Ham are only up for the Europa League and Wolves are very inconsistent.

Might edit that one in at some point. It's a positive :D

Irwin99

They’ll officially be confirmed as our worst performing PL team of all-time soon.
Well the best we can do is match it with 64 points :(
Same with the lowest win record. We can only match it now

Last edited:
3 games left

Irwin99

3 games left. I'm feeling a little bit more positive after the draw with Chelsea that there's still some pride there. One more goal for Ronaldo and only one goal conceded.

Updates:
  • Our lowest league position was 7th in 2013-2014 under Moyes/Giggs- We are now 6th. Wolves and West Ham are closer than i thought they were
  • Our worst defensive performance in a Premier League season was 18/19 under Jose/Ole with 54 goals conceded. We are now at 52 goals conceded.
  • Our lowest points tally ever in a premier league season was set by Moyes/Giggs in 2013-2014 with 64 points. We are now at 55. We can only equal our worst ever tally :(
  • Our goal difference is still just +2. Will almost certainly be our worst ever but i don't think it will go negative.
  • Our lowest win total for a season is in 16-17 under Jose and 2019-2020 under Ole both with 18 wins. We're still at 15 and we can now only equal this
  • Our highest defeat total in a PL season was 12 under David Moyes (2013-14). We're still at 10
  • Ronaldo is now on 17 for the season. Just three more and he'd be the first player since RVP to bag twenty league goals for United :D

kerryman

Pretty sure bullet points 2 and 4 are nailed on. A negative GD depends on how we do against Chelsea. If we concede 2+ against them, I think we will finish in the negatives. If that happens, #1 will happen as well. That would be absolutely unreal. The amount of goals we've conceded this season is embarrassing. Brentford, Brighton, and Palace don't have anything to play for. I don't think we'll lose more than one of those games. I think (hope) #5 should be safe.
I still wouldn't be confident of beating any of them given how we have played this season. We'll be lucky to break 60 points. I think we will be closer to 18th spot than 1st by the end of the season, currently we're halfway between them.

peridigm

It seems that anytime a long term stat is mentioned it inevitably falls. It’s been happening quite a bit since SAF retired. A commentator will mention something like “They have never beaten United at OT in 75 years.” We end up losing the match. I cringe anytime I hear a stat or record that was in our favor.

croadyman

3 games left. I'm feeling a little bit more positive after the draw with Chelsea that there's still some pride there. One more goal for Ronaldo and only one goal conceded.

Updates:
  • Our lowest league position was 7th in 2013-2014 under Moyes/Giggs- We are now 6th. Wolves and West Ham are closer than i thought they were
  • Our worst defensive performance in a Premier League season was 18/19 under Jose/Ole with 54 goals conceded. We are now at 52 goals conceded.
  • Our lowest points tally ever in a premier league season was set by Moyes/Giggs in 2013-2014 with 64 points. We are now at 55. We can only equal our worst ever tally :(
  • Our goal difference is still just +2. Will almost certainly be our worst ever but i don't think it will go negative.
  • Our lowest win total for a season is in 16-17 under Jose and 2019-2020 under Ole both with 18 wins. We're still at 15 and we can now only equal this
  • Our highest defeat total in a PL season was 12 under David Moyes (2013-14). We're still at 10
  • Ronaldo is now on 17 for the season. Just three more and he'd be the first player since RVP to bag twenty league goals for United :D
These last 3 are gonna be a slog, worst part will be that massive gap now between Brighton & Palace away

AgentP

Most goals conceded by us against the other top 6? That must be a record too.

9 vs Liverpool
6 vs City
5 vs Arsenal
2 vs Spurs
2 vs Chelsea

That’s a grand total of 24 goals.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
How are you part blaming the Moyes debacle on Giggs? Moyes fecked up our season, not Giggs. Giggs wouldn't have even had to act as caretaker if Moyes was sacked in November, like he should have been, or he wasn't completely incompetent.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

• Our lowest league position was 7th in 2013-2014 under Moyes/Giggs. We are now 6th.

• We'll probably finish 6th
  • We will concede the most goals in a PL season for us
  • For sure lowest points tally
  • Goal difference will survive in positives
  • Lowest win total for sure
  • Won't be highest defeat total

Irwin99

How are you part blaming the Moyes debacle on Giggs? Moyes fecked up our season, not Giggs. Giggs wouldn't have even had to act as caretaker if Moyes was sacked in November, like he should have been, or he wasn't completely incompetent.
I don't blame him at all, i included Giggs in the Moyes season because he was in charge for 4 games (I think) and he made a very small contribution to that record (again, not his fault, just saying). I would refer to the 18-19 season as Jose/Ole season and this season as Ole/Ralf (i guess Carrick as well) because they all had a hand in the points totals and records set.

As i said in the OP, this isn't a blame thread, it's morbid curiosity and to acknowledge, unemotionally, how abject this team has been this year that we're setting season records that could possibly be the worst in 30 years. It's also just a light-hearted 'have a guess what records will we break by the seasons end'.

On a positive note, as i said in the OP, the only way is up from this point.

Redlyn

Most goals conceded by us against the other top 6? That must be a record too.

9 vs Liverpool
6 vs City
5 vs Arsenal
2 vs Spurs
2 vs Chelsea

That’s a grand total of 24 goals.

9-0 vs Liverpool this season. It is probably the worst in our prem league history and its also probably the worst record of anyone vs liverpool this season. Even likes the of norwich didn't bend over to that extent.

TOPREDIAMNOT

What about games without a win?

Three so far. So can we make anew record there?

Wow..these team really are the record breakers.

Twisted Nerve

I didn't think there were any more to break since we've achieved so many of them since Fergie left

JeffFromHK

We should spoonfeed Ronaldo as many goals as possible in the remaining 3 games

DeGea’sFeet

Least points per summer spend
Least point per annual wage

I think we’ve probably already broken the second one a few times, maybe even the first.

Irwin99

Pretty certain we won't finish lower than 7th now with Wolves being shite, so i think we will have European football of some description next season.

I'm going for a 6th place finish. Think West Ham will lose a few more games regardless of their Europa League campaign.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Updates:
It's safe to say that without Ronaldo's goals our records would of been much, much worse.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
There must be a record for longest run of games without winning three in a row.

We've not won 3 in a row this season I don't think. So it must stretch back well into last season because we went to shit with about 8 games left

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Where do we have to finish to avoid all European competitions? Because that's where I wanna be.