A change of players is imminent
Management is being refreshed

If you want a magic show, I'm sure you can find one on the internet

For successful football, patience is required

Reactions: golden_blunder

Jaae

Not ITK
For successful football, patience is required
The problem with this is the fans have been hearing it for literally years. Going back as far as 2014.

3 years ago we were told Ole was building something, cultural reboot, give him time. Now we’re worse than ever. Everytime we turn a corner it leads to nothing. Incoming is another relatively novice manager and the fans are being asked not to expect anything for the next couple of years, while our biggest rivals compete for everything.

We’re the worst run football club in the world. No other club that matches our size and financial capabilities produces as consistently little as we do. It’s an absolute joke and the fans are sick of it. I don’t blame any poster for venting their negativity on here.

stw2022

Play the kids. Put them at the forefront and give them an opportunity to impress the new manager.

Daengophile

The problem with this is the fans have been hearing it for literally years. Going back as far as 2014.

3 years ago we were told Ole was building something, cultural reboot, give him time. Now we’re worse than ever. Everytime we turn a corner it leads to nothing. Incoming is another relatively novice manager and the fans are being asked not to expect anything for the next couple of years, while our biggest rivals compete for everything.

We’re the worst run football club in the world. No other club that matches our size and financial capabilities produces as consistently little as we do. It’s an absolute joke and the fans are sick of it. I don’t blame any poster for venting their negativity on here.
Understand.

But there seems to be a plan in which we should support

miked99

9-0 vs Liverpool this season. It is probably the worst in our prem league history and its also probably the worst record of anyone vs liverpool this season. Even likes the of norwich didn't bend over to that extent.
This stat alone is utterly unexcusable. It sickens me. Should be a badge of shame over every player involved for the rest of their careers.

Giggsy13

Setting or being on pace for these embarrassing records this season seems to have prompted real changes at the club. United Board favourite Poch not hired: Woodward staying on as a consultant, thank goodness not happened he’s gone; Matt Judge fecking off as well; two head scouts fecked off; and now a potential deputy DOF to handle transfer negotiations. Silver lining in a nightmare season are the structural changes. There is hope things finally might be on the right track.

Irwin99

Where do we have to finish to avoid all European competitions? Because that's where I wanna be.
8th (I think) which isn't going to happen. I'm happy to have Europa League if it means more games for the youngsters next season; also might be a possible route back into the champions league.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
8th (I think) which isn't going to happen. I'm happy to have Europa League if it means more games for the youngsters next season; also might be a possible route back into the champions league.
Europa League is a fantasy if West Ham win today…we are then in 7th and the Conference League :( having played the same amount of games, we are currently 6 goals worse off than them aswell.

Irwin99

Europa League is a fantasy if West Ham win today…we are then in 7th and the Conference League :( having played the same amount of games, we are currently 6 goals worse off than them aswell.
Nah, I think West Ham have put all their hopes in winning the Europa League. Their league form is pretty bad and they have City and Brighton (away) as two of their last three games. Can't see it happening unless we really feck things up (a possibility, you never know)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can Ronaldo get up to 25 for the season. Pretty much the only thing left to look for in a season that started with such hope and hype and dribbled out in a truly shocking fashion.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Nah, I think West Ham have put all their hopes in winning the Europa League. Their league form is pretty bad and they have City and Brighton (away) as two of their last three games. Can't see it happening unless we really feck things up (a possibility, you never know)
I'm counting on us fecking up to be honest

Irwin99

Think that defence is setting a new record in the next one and a half games. Can’t believe how shaky it looks at times

Edit-yep just equalled :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Irwin99

Official: worst defence in the premier league era. Worst United team in the PL era

el3mel

Well that confirms it :

Worst points tally by Man United team.
Least number of wins.
Worst defense.

Goal difference currently at 1.
11 loses, one more loss and we'll equal our biggest number of defeats.

Palace can write history if they defeat us by 2-0 to make us end the season with -1 goal difference and 12 losses.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah just wanted to post this, apparently we broke the clubs record for most goals conceded!
Well done lads.

Irwin99

Just when you thought the team couldn't sink any lower.

I think i said after the Brentford game that we wouldn't end the season with negative goal difference and yet here we are, almost there at +1

Stig

• Our lowest league position was 7th in 2013-2014 under Moyes/Giggs. We are now 6th.
  • Our worst defensive performance in a Premier League season was 18/19 under Jose/Ole with 54 goals conceded. We are now at 51 goals conceded for the premier league.
  • Our lowest points tally ever in a premier league season was set by Moyes/Giggs in 2013-2014 with 64 points. We are now at 54. We need 10 points to equal this.
  • Our goal difference is now +2. I think we can safety say that this will be the worst in our PL history no matter what but will we finish the season with a negative goal difference for the first time? :(
  • Our lowest win total for a season is in 16-17 under Jose and 2019-2020 under Ole both with 18 wins. We are now at 15 wins, so we'll have to win 3 to equal that.
  • Our highest defeat total in a PL season was 12 under David Moyes (2013-14). We're now at 10
Could you please tell us where we stand now viz a viz these records.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
  • Our lowest league position was 7th in 2013-2014 under Moyes/Giggs. We are now 6th.
  • Our worst defensive performance in a Premier League season was 18/19 under Jose/Ole with 54 goals conceded. We are now at 51 goals conceded for the premier league.
  • Our lowest points tally ever in a premier league season was set by Moyes/Giggs in 2013-2014 with 64 points. We are now at 54. We need 10 points to equal this.
  • Our goal difference is now +2. I think we can safety say that this will be the worst in our PL history no matter what but will we finish the season with a negative goal difference for the first time? :(
  • Our lowest win total for a season is in 16-17 under Jose and 2019-2020 under Ole both with 18 wins. We are now at 15 wins, so we'll have to win 3 to equal that.
  • Our highest defeat total in a PL season was 12 under David Moyes (2013-14). We're now at 10
Could you please tell us where we stand now viz a viz these records.
We only have one game left so most of those records have been broken.
We can only hop to not end the season with a negative gd.

1 game left

Irwin99

For those that asked, changes in bold. You know as I said in the OP this is a morbidly curious look at our season's end with no anger directed at anyone in particular and a "the only way is up" message but 3 games ago I didn't think we'd do so bad as to be on course to break/equal absolutely all of them.
  • Our lowest league position was 7th in 2013-2014 under Moyes/Giggs. We are now 6th. we're still 6th but have a real chance of falling to 7th depending on what West Ham do in their final two games (they are 3 points behind with a vastly superior goal difference)
  • Our worst defensive performance in a Premier League season was 18/19 under Jose/Ole with 54 goals conceded. We are now at 51 goals conceded for the premier league.Record broken: we're now at 56
  • Our lowest points tally ever in a premier league season was set by Moyes/Giggs in 2013-2014 with 64 points. We are now at 54. We need 10 points to equal this. Record broken- one match left and we're on 58 points
  • Our goal difference is now +2. I think we can safety say that this will be the worst in our PL history no matter what but will we finish the season with a negative goal difference for the first time? We're on +1 now: lose the last game and it's 0 or negative
  • Our lowest win total for a season is in 16-17 under Jose and 2019-2020 under Ole both with 18 wins. We are now at 15 wins, so we'll have to win 3 to equal that. Record broken- we're at 16 wins
  • Our highest defeat total in a PL season was 12 under David Moyes (2013-14). We're now at 10- We're now at 11

For anyone that cares about the bonus, Ronaldo is at 18 league goals. 2 would take him to twenty league goals at the end of the season.

The only way is up for us now and it will make our rise under ten Hag even more glorious :D

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
@Irwin99 on the first point, we could still mathematically finish 8th, but that would mean Wolves would have to beat both Mam City and Liverpool, I suppose those two being so good will help us keep one record alive at least!

AndySmith1990

Funny how things work. We're going to finish with by far our lowest points tally, however not our lowest position. All that does is further emphasise what I already thought; outside the top 2 the quality of the league is shite

Djemba-Djemba

Funny how things work. We're going to finish with by far our lowest points tally, however not our lowest position. All that does is further emphasise what I already thought; outside the top 2 the quality of the league is shite
Still a very decent chance we finish 7th which would be our joint lowest finish in the PL though.

With the money and advantages the top 6 have over the rest of the division, it really is a remarkable failure for one of those top 6 clubs to finish outside the top 6.

tenpoless

The most unhappy academy players in one season. Rashford, Lingard, Pogba. Usually our academy players are not shit stirrers, not the case this time.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Not sure about shite. I just think outside the top 2 and the "relegation 5" or so then the "mid table" is really not all that distinguished between top and bottom. But on the other hand if you look at how the likes of West Ham and Leicester have done in Europe this year then clearly that mid table quality isn't bad in itself. If you go back and compare it to say 2015 then I think it's night and day. I think this year's Palace team might have got top 4 back then.

Daengophile

There always seems to be a plan though.
I'm not sure that there was really.

Just a number of reactive actions

Now we seem to be taking joined up steps affecting all areas that support the actual footy

cranston88

Maybe its recency bias, but this season feels much worse than the one under Moyes. I still looked at that squad and saw likeable characters and some quality with a manager out of his depth. Now i look at the squad and there is just emptiness

Djemba-Djemba

Maybe its recency bias, but this season feels much worse than the one under Moyes. I still looked at that squad and saw likeable characters and some quality with a manager out of his depth. Now i look at the squad and there is just emptiness
This season is definitely worse than the Moyes one.

Moyes season was horrible but the squad was still full of players like Evra and Vidic and Carrick who had won countless trophies for us and were legends. So as shit as that season was they were still legends that you liked. Plus at that point it was still only one bad year, we all thought that a new manager would come in and we'd be back in business. The PL at that point in 2014 wasn't in great shape and you didn't need to be a great side to do well in it. Chelsea in 2015 and Leicester in 2016 won the title and neither were particularly good sides.

This season the squad is a toxic mess and I honestly dislike about 95% of them . Horrible players with horrible attitudes disgracing the shirt week after week. Plus it's now been 9 years without the title, the PL has the best two sides in Europe with City and Liverpool and the standards to win the title are absurd. You need around 90 points to even have a chance.

It's much worse now.

cranston88

This season is definitely worse than the Moyes one.

Moyes season was horrible but the squad was still full of players like Evra and Vidic and Carrick who had won countless trophies for us and were legends. So as shit as that season was they were still legends that you liked. Plus at that point it was still only one bad year, we all thought that a new manager would come in and we'd be back in business. The PL at that point in 2014 wasn't in great shape and you didn't need to be a great side to do well in it. Chelsea in 2015 and Leicester in 2016 won the title and neither were particularly good sides.

This season the squad is a toxic mess and I honestly dislike about 95% of them . Horrible players with horrible attitudes disgracing the shirt week after week. Plus it's now been 9 years without the title, the PL has the best two sides in Europe with City and Liverpool and the standards to win the title are absurd. You need around 90 points to even have a chance.

It's much worse now.
Completely agree with everything you've said, i think what makes it even worse is that City and Liverpool are lightyears ahead of us both domestically and in European standings. We need an incredible summer and some Dutch magic to bring some optimism back next season!

stevoc

I'm not sure that there was really.

Just a number of reactive actions

Now we seem to be taking joined up steps affecting all areas that support the actual footy
I hope so mate but I remain sceptical personally.

Irwin99

It's worse unfortunately, i don't think it's recency bias at all. The Moyes season was full of 1 or 2 goal defeats to naff teams and 3-0 spankings by City and Liverpool (also a 4-1 vs City if i remember right). Conceding 4 to Watford and Brighton and a 5-0 nil at home to Liverpool this season takes some beating.

Worth noting also that virtually every other poor season in the post SAF era had something to play for until almost the last day. This one was pretty much over when Everton beat us.

There were a few people who were angry at Ronaldo's laughing in the last game but this and the Moyes season is where the anger turns to a kind 'My god, this is beyond ridiculous'. It's just morbid curiosity for me at this point but also a feeling of hope that we will get better next year with a complete overhaul and a fresh start.

Oranges038

Ah Record Breakers.

First thing that came into my head.

Could always get them down to hand put a few medals.

TOPREDIAMNOT

So...what happens to Man Utd if we have another 9 years like the last? Surely we cease being a top club? Scary thoughts.

I feel Ten is our last hope. Like Star Wars. Is he our Luke Skywalker or Jack Sparrow? Only time will tell.

Good luck. we need it!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Where do we have to finish to avoid all European competitions? Because that's where I wanna be.
I think we may already be in the Europa Conference League - this is a step lower than Europa League.
The shocking thing is that a few months ago, I had not even heard of the Europa Conference League. I thought it was a joke, but now it looks like that's where we'll be heading.
Imagine Ronaldo and Varane playing in the Europa Conference League.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So...what happens to Man Utd if we have another 9 years like the last? Surely we cease being a top club? Scary thoughts.

I feel Ten is our last hope. Like Star Wars. Is he our Luke Skywalker or Jack Sparrow? Only time will tell.

Good luck. we need it!
It is a scary thought.
Ten Haag won't be our last hope. I believe he will be fired within 3 yrs (just like all our managers) and "we'll go again".

Fans will continue believing (in the manager after Ten Haag) because that's what most fans do.

I am more realistic. Form-wise I think we are near the relegation zone, so I don't expect us to be competing for any trophy, anytime soon. ETH has no experience in managing a big club with big players with so much interference from the board, so the odds are overwhelmingly stacked against him.
If ETH can get us consistently in the top 6, then he'll have done a decent job, but I do believe that the board will not stand for 6th place finishes due to the loss of revenue from the CL. This is why I believe we'll be bringing in a new manager in less than 3 years.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I think we may already be in the Europa Conference League - this is a step lower than Europa League.
The shocking thing is that a few months ago, I had not even heard of the Europa Conference League. I thought it was a joke, but now it looks like that's where we'll be heading.
Imagine Ronaldo and Varane playing in the Europa Conference League.
How very apt for us.