Records under Ole

ThinkTank@Cafe

1. First EPL team to win 4 consecutive games with +3 goals difference.
2. Most pens won in a season.
3. Today: first team to win 4 consecutive away games with a comeback in each of them. Hilarious :D

Bonus: Cavani is (joint) 3rd best goal scorer in top 5 leagues since his debut in Serie A in 2007 after Messi and Ronaldo (253 goals).

Last edited:
1. First EPL team to win 4 games with +3 goals difference.
2. Most pens won in a season.
3. Today: first team to win 4 away games with a comeback in each of them. Hilarious :D
4. First club to score after the final whistle.
5. first manager to make 5 subs at the same time.

Mine are more musings, than achievements.

Zen

The comeback things odd.... everytime United are down in the past few years, the reaction is devastatingly defeatist and "in Fergie's day you know this wouldn't be over, but it is now", yet Jose had his fair share of comebacks and so has Ole..... I saw it relentlessly today, yet I can name a fair few from 2-0 down in the past couple years... Sanchez winner, City, Palace all 2-0 down no? Forget other ones not blatantly specific to today.

Did Fergie really do it more common than this? Or was it than he didn't lose or draw often from winning situations....

ThinkTank@Cafe

The comeback things odd.... everytime United are down in the past few years, the reaction is devastatingly defeatist and "in Fergie's day you know this wouldn't be over, but it is now", yet Jose had his fair share of comebacks and so has Ole..... I saw it relentlessly today, yet I can name a fair few from 2-0 down in the past couple years... Sanchez winner, City, Palace all 2-0 down no? Forget other ones not blatantly specific to today.

Did Fergie really do it more common than this? Or was it than he didn't lose or draw often from winning situations....
Ole pointed at his watch at 90th minute.Another flashback :)

ThinkTank@Cafe

Cavani becomes the first United player to score a brace after coming as a sub since 2017. Remember who did this in 2017?

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Some sick, Pulis-eque part of me misses the days when Mou was here and we needed a goal in the last 10mins. Just like the last ride of the Rohirrim in Lord of the Rings, Fellaini would be seen galloping up the pitch and the howitzer long balls would ensure. It usually worked as well.

Paul_Scholes18

Worst PL manager for us in terms of trophies?

Maybe not fair since he can still put that right this season..
If he win CL and the league he will be a legend manager already.

Raw

Equalled the record for winning the most opening league games in a row as manager. 6 in a row, equalling Pep and Ancelotti. Fecking Burnley stopped him from winning it outright.

Though technically he was a caretaker.

prateik

We hadn't scored 5 in a game since Fergie's last game and scored 5 in Ole's first.. have scored 5 about 10 times since.

We hadnt had a hat trick in years.. got 2 .. could have had more but Ole doesnt let players on hattricks take pens .

prateik

Cavani becomes the first United player to score a brace after coming as a sub since 2018. Remember who did this in 2017?
Cavani also became the first player too be involved in 3 goals after coming on as a sub since Ole... (in the league)

Paul_Scholes18

Do he have best away record start in the league this season for a long time for us? I know it may not count with Covid fully since home or away doesn't really matter much.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We hadn't scored 5 in a game since Fergie's last game and scored 5 in Ole's first.. have scored 5 about 10 times since.

We hadnt had a hat trick in years.. got 2 .. could have had more but Ole doesnt let players on hattricks take pens .
Only in league. We scored 5 past Leverkusen under Moyes and also in cup games under Van Gaal and Jose (IIRC)

Same with hattricks too.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Most frequent use of the sentence ‘This is Man Utd’ in one press conference? He must hold that record for those early weeks?

ThinkTank@Cafe

Most frequent use of the sentence ‘This is Man Utd’ in one press conference? He must hold that record for those early weeks?
This thread about records, I.e. statistics.

P.S. I know it will be ruined, but am being responsible for a page or two. ;)

tomaldinho1

Would be great to see how Moyes, LVG and Mou did in regards to these types of club records & if any of them have usurped the managers that came before them. Moyes most likely just has negative records but I reckon LVG, Mou and Ole will have some interesting ones between them.