Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Best game ever.

The only game as an adult that got under my skin and got me fully addicted and engrossed (football manager series aside) the second play through during the winter lockdown I totally went for it with the hunting, outfits, find the gold, the serial killers, wild arabian horses, trinkets and everything else. The panthers and the cougars took me a while to master hunting. There’s a knack. I had to use a few guides but the game just has so much to it. You’d almost be annoyed having to go back to the story at points. At one stage I was about 5 hours real time looking for a fecking badger for a hat in the totally wrong place or if I saw one it was 1 star :lol:

I’ll definitely play it again in a year or two but I doubt I’ll ever go that in depth again. I used to have a few smokes and it would be 5am before I knew it. Really really passed the time. 5 stars. Bravo.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I adored it when I played it and Arthur is an unbelievable protagonist, possibly the best ever in a video game, but.. yeah, it still doesn't feel like the sort of game I'd actively want to go back to. Some of the mechanics were incredibly slow, which I didn't mind on a first playthrough where I wanted to take my time but would probably just piss me off if I did them now.

Would love to see it running on PC though, so maybe some day.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I adored it when I played it and Arthur is an unbelievable protagonist, possibly the best ever in a video game, but.. yeah, it still doesn't feel like the sort of game I'd actively want to go back to. Some of the mechanics were incredibly slow, which I didn't mind on a first playthrough where I wanted to take my time but would probably just piss me off if I did them now.

It’s much smoother on pc. Playing it at 60+ FPS is awesome.

MiceOnMeth

id love to play this at 4k on my pc for the visual splendor but i thought the game became a real chore after a while. "ride here shoot 10 people ride back" mission structure was so tedious.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
I love this game. I’m not a gamer and only bought a console for lockdown and so this is pretty much the only game I play.
I’m not that great at it but as it’s the only game I play I’ve got to a pretty high level online so if anyone has an Xbox and wants to play this online give me a shout, I’m more than happy to set up a posse and help out getting anyone money and guns etc.

Kaush949

Aye, got a stadia subscription just to play this game. Just finished 100%. Took me about 6 months with 2 hour/day playtime.

Feel bored now that it is done I just like games like rdr2 where I can explore/horse around. Other than GTA, can't seem to find any other interactive AI centric games :(

Not too excited about RDRonline though. Are there any DLC that make the experience unique? Or is it just a points/ scorecard feel good experience?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Aye, got a stadia subscription just to play this game. Just finished 100%. Took me about 6 months with 2 hour/day playtime.

Feel bored now that it is done I just like games like rdr2 where I can explore/horse around. Other than GTA, can't seem to find any other interactive AI centric games :(

Not too excited about RDRonline though. Are there any DLC that make the experience unique? Or is it just a points/ scorecard feel good experience?
There are no DLC for the offline game; if you've reached 100% (wow!!), then you're really done I'm afraid. You could try RDR1 maybe? I think I read they're remaking it, but not sure what's the timeline for that. I suppose stuff like the Baldur's Gate, The Witcher, and Fall-Out series might also give similar experiences. Baldur's Gate and The Witcher are more RPG/fantasy though; Fall-Out is supposedly more like RDR. (Not that I have played any of those apart from RDR2 and some GTA stuff, but that's what I've heard. :) )

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

TW3 is definitely the closest. Exploration is massive because it’s filled with meaningful side quests. God of War is a game of equal quality, but the style of game is massively different - it’s far more linear.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
What a game that was. If there's any pill that would make me forget this game, please let me know because man... That is a masterpiece.

I see a lot of people complaining about controls, no issue for me. But I'm hardly a gamer so maybe there's something pro players are used to. The last game I played was GTA V, brilliant as well.

GTA is a kind of game you play any time of the day, just having some fun.
RDR2 is a game you need to focus on 100%, in a dark room, with headphones and good PC to benefit from the full experience. It's a different realm.

Kaush949

There are no DLC for the offline game; if you've reached 100% (wow!!), then you're really done I'm afraid. You could try RDR1 maybe? I think I read they're remaking it, but not sure what's the timeline for that. I suppose stuff like the Baldur's Gate, The Witcher, and Fall-Out series might also give similar experiences. Baldur's Gate and The Witcher are more RPG/fantasy though; Fall-Out is supposedly more like RDR. (Not that I have played any of those apart from RDR2 and some GTA stuff, but that's what I've heard. :) )
That's neat that they are remaking them! Makes sense because if you glitch your way to Mexico, you can see that the map is pretty well developed.

Fall-out seems like pure FPS no? I just saw some YouTube videos.

I would love to try out TW or Elder Scrolls but none of them are on Stadia

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I guess I'm talking about FO 3, 4, and Vegas. I saw my brother play FO 3 ages ago, and it was rather similar - apart from the point of view of the player. So I guess they're similar games apart from the viewpoint. Anyway, it doesn't have to be. I just figured I'd offer some suggestions, but I may be totally off. :)

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
So glad its being remade, after RD2 I tried replaying RD, and whilst Im normally a big fan of retro gaming it just wasnt up to par after rd2.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It isn't yet confirmed that RDR is being remade, is it? Thought it was just rumoured?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Agree. It's a very good game, and the world, characters and writing are absolutely top notch - as good as we've ever seen in gaming. However, the gameplay is mediocre hence I can't see myself playing it again.

As for the speed of the character/mechanics, I thought Days Gone actually nails the weightyness of the character.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Agree. It's a very good game, and the world, characters and writing are absolutely top notch - as good as we've ever seen in gaming. However, the gameplay is mediocre hence I can't see myself playing it again.

As for the speed of the character/mechanics, I thought Days Gone actually nails the weightyness of the character.
Agree on Days Gone. It has many faults but the physics engine is very strong.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Was looking forward to see ending the evening getting some hunting done for my trader role but it’s told me it needs an update and it’s taking ages. Going to be an hour or two at least.
Btw do any experiences gamers know how I can get my captures off of my Xbox?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
That's neat that they are remaking them! Makes sense because if you glitch your way to Mexico, you can see that the map is pretty well developed.

I would love to try out TW or Elder Scrolls but none of them are on Stadia
It’s first and third person, and I wouldn’t call the gunplay the main element. Exploration is a big part of it and you have a decent scope in creating what kind of character you want. Lots of quests and that kind of shit

They’re both good games, but New Vegas has some stellar writing, great characters and genuinely funny moments. It’s a lot of fun. It was a clunky buggy mess too but I imagine that’s probably been sorted.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It’s a better Western than a video game. By that I mean I wouldn’t put it at the very pinnacle of my favorite video games ever because there’s no imagination to the story missions, for one thing.

As a piece of Western genre however, be it movie, game, or TV show, it’d be at the very top. Along with Deadwood mentioned earlier, they are the two best examples of the genre. At least in a modern sense, as it is difficult to compare them directly to the old Spaghetti Westerns and whatnot.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Was looking forward to see ending the evening getting some hunting done for my trader role but it’s told me it needs an update and it’s taking ages. Going to be an hour or two at least.
captures from RDR2 specifically? Or just general captures from your xbox?

Reiver

It might have been mentioned, but Red Dead Online will not require a PS Plus subscription until July 26th.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
On the Xbox app you can download them on your phone. Or if you want them on computer you can use www.gamerdvr.com

Hoof the ball

Just had a wow moment on my replay of the game.

Was moseying in the woods and a bear spotted me from a few hundred yards away. Normally I'd get my gun ready, but I remembered something on TV about not running and not moving or backing down if one approaches.

Thinking I'd get mauled I just did nothing. It came right up to me, then stopped, looked at me completely still and then slowly walked away.

Talk about fecking attention to detail :eek:

Eriku

Was moseying in the woods and a bear spotted me from a few hundred yards away. Normally I'd get my gun ready, but I remembered something on TV about not running and not moving or backing down if one approaches.

Thinking I'd get mauled I just did nothing. It came right up to me, then stopped, looked at me completely still and then slowly walked away.

Nature experiences in this game are great :)

I had a few wow moments myself. First time I got to see and hear the lightning, the flash is done sooo well. And I remember riding and seeing a buffalo at one point, and I chased it until it went over a hill and when I went over I saw that it was rejoining a herd. When me and the other buffalo came charging, they slowly turned like a wave, and the thundering of the hooves just gave me that force of nature feeling.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

You ever see two bucks that died with their antlers stuck together? It’s rare in real life so to see it in a video game is really impressive. I was also able to pick out a bar in New Orleans that I’ve been to.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Did anyone else have problems downloading it on Steam and it not being found by the Rockstar Launcher? When I try to play from Steam it just says activation error and the Rockstar Launcher wont find it installed on my PC, I'm about to throw a serious wobbler.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Did anyone else have problems downloading it on Steam and it not being found by the Rockstar Launcher? When I try to play from Steam it just says activation error and the Rockstar Launcher wont find it installed on my PC, I'm about to throw a serious wobbler.
The R* launcher is notoriously shit. Have you allowed it admin privileges?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don't think so, I ran it as administrator and it still didn't work or recognise the install (assuming they're one in the same?)
Give the exe for both the game and launcher admin privileges. And of course make sure the R* launcher is pointed in the right direction.

I went through the same thing but it was a while back.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Nature experiences in this game are great :)

I had a few wow moments myself. First time I got to see and hear the lightning, the flash is done sooo well. And I remember riding and seeing a buffalo at one point, and I chased it until it went over a hill and when I went over I saw that it was rejoining a herd. When me and the other buffalo came charging, they slowly turned like a wave, and the thundering of the hooves just gave me that force of nature feeling.
I had a similar experience with a herd of buffalo, one of the coolest things I've seen iin a videogame.

I've been popping in and out of the game for a while now, not playing the story anymore, just being in the environment, hunting legendary animals and fish and exploring. It's brilliant for that and quite a relaxing experience.

Minkaro

I had a similar experience with a herd of buffalo, one of the coolest things I've seen iin a videogame.

I've been popping in and out of the game for a while now, not playing the story anymore, just being in the environment, hunting legendary animals and fish and exploring. It's brilliant for that and quite a relaxing experience.
I can’t think of another game where I’ve flat out refused to use any kind of fast travel. Loved just ambling to the next location and taking in the sights on the way.

Except for when I had to go through the forest area, then I moved quicker:nervous: