Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I preordered RDR and it was phenomenonal. Gonna wait for the reviews for this one, though, because I subsequently preordered FO4 and Skyrim and was disappointed.
Agree with you on Fallout 4 but how could anyone be disappointed with Skyrim?

b82REZ

I preordered RDR and it was phenomenonal. Gonna wait for the reviews for this one, though, because I subsequently preordered FO4 and Skyrim and was disappointed.
They're nothing alike though. It's like not preordering Fifa because last year's COD was shit.

b82REZ

I agree. It's more about the preordering process. I can wait to find out how good it is before I buy it.
I was joking. I stopped preordering a while back. I might preorder this though because I loved the first one.

Runner

Agree with you on Fallout 4 but how could anyone be disappointed with Skyrim?
Become an assassin, kill royalty, murder innocent people, kill wildlife, become a werewolf, become a vampire, kill dragons but so help you god if you touch that chicken everyone in the game will be on your ass.

Blind

I don't really see the point of pre-ordering in this day and age, review embargoes are lifted a few days before release in most cases and that's enough time to order it for release, unless it's something you know will be in limited supply (usually Nintendo consoles and games).

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I don't really see the point of pre-ordering in this day and age, review embargoes are lifted a few days before release in most cases and that's enough time to order it for release, unless it's something you know will be in limited supply (usually Nintendo consoles and games).
You'd miss out on that shiny pre-order gun if you don't pre-order. The one that's usually only much use for 5 minutes anyway and soon sold/dropped/forgotten about.

I don't pre-order anything, although I did for COD WW2 purely for the beta access code. Soon as the beta was installed I cancelled the order on Amazon.

I might change this approach when Shenmue 3 finally gets released but purely because I fear that shops aren't going to get many copies ordered, it's not the kind of game they'll have 100s of copies on the shelf, probably more like 2-3 like the shops near me have done recently with Nier, Yakuza and Persona 5.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
There are actually "theory" videos on Youtube for this game. Like how jobless do you have to be to do one of these videos?

Ainu

Skyrim is a massive open world filled with nothing.
The point gets overstated in my opinion. It's actually filled to the brim with a ridiculous amount of content. Sure, loads of it is repetitive stuff but even The Witcher 3 is guilty of that. There's plenty of unique little storied activities to participate in.

Jagga7

It's better they delay it and make it the best they can than releasing a half finished game.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The point gets overstated in my opinion. It's actually filled to the brim with a ridiculous amount of content. Sure, loads of it is repetitive stuff but even The Witcher 3 is guilty of that. There's plenty of unique little storied activities to participate in.
Gonna have to disagree with you on the Witcher 3 comparison. There is amazingly little repetition in that game which is what makes it so amazing. Sure if your standard is; well yeah I got a lot if quests where I gotta kill so many of these or harvest certain items then yeah generally speaking you could call that repetitive but I can't recall any quests where they re-use/copy and paste stuff as much or as often as in Skyrim.

Donut

They managed to be off a whole year if we compare the current and the first release dates.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Lose when you rush a game out
Lose when you delay a game to iron stuff out
Somehow the same company managed to make several games for the previous generation of consoles and even more for PS2/Xbox generation.

Then again there were no microtransactions in online games to take care of back then.

It's just disappointing for me that this generation has been out for over 4 years and they have not even released a game.

I think there is a great chance they will push it to May 2019 or October 2019 anyway though.

Andersons Dietician

What the hell... basically of all the games on the horizon this is the one I’ve been waiting for. Wasn’t it due out last year around September as well. Right I’m off to buy monster hunter then.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Agree it's better off delayed. Have video companies ever made something decent on time though? They're worse than construction for sticking to schedule.

Revan

Assumptionman
Gonna have to disagree with you on the Witcher 3 comparison. There is amazingly little repetition in that game which is what makes it so amazing. Sure if your standard is; well yeah I got a lot if quests where I gotta kill so many of these or harvest certain items then yeah generally speaking you could call that repetitive but I can't recall any quests where they re-use/copy and paste stuff as much or as often as in Skyrim.
Nah, a lot of the side missions outside of the war quests are more of less the same, as are the witcher quests. It still has the best side missions in any game though.

Skyrim shouldn't even be compared with it, considering that it is several levels below. The story is awful, as are the characters, the side missions aren't that good, and cities have like 5 citizens on them or so. Compare any Skyrim city with Novigrad for example. Of course, The Witcher 3 got released more than 3 years later, so the comparison probably is unfair on Skyrim. But honestly, never got the Skyrim love. It is a good game, but wouldn't put it near my top 10 of RPG games.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Somehow the same company managed to make several games for the previous generation of consoles and even more for PS2/Xbox generation.

Then again there were no microtransactions in online games to take care of back then.

It's just disappointing for me that this generation has been out for over 4 years and they have not even released a game.

I think there is a great chance they will push it to May 2019 or October 2019 anyway though.
Times were more simple then. The internet critics and places like Reddit weren't as huge as they are. Critics of games weren't really heard as much. Now, one bad word gets blown out of proportion, everyone joins the bandwagon. People think they deserve something they don't. Now if you release a game it's got to please just about everyone.

People complain easily, bit praise rarely.

It's why good games now take years of development compared to before.

Bojan11

Why are people convinced the next GTA is coming out in five years time? The story for this is done. The Housers have probably moved onto the next GTA.

Rockstar are capable of getting the next GTA out in the next 2-3 years. But let’s blame shark cards and blah blah for some odd reason. There’s like a tiny portion of their staff who work on GTA online. Do you think the other thousands of staff are just sat marvelling at GTA online in a corner? Do you really think Rockstar are withholding games that will make them hundreds and possibly billions of dollars just so people can buy a few shark cards? No.

They had to build RDR 2 from the ground up as I doubt they could have used any assets from the last game as it was a developmental mess.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Times were more simple then. The internet critics and places like Reddit weren't as huge as they are. Critics of games weren't really heard as much. Now, one bad word gets blown out of proportion, everyone joins the bandwagon. People think they deserve something they don't. Now if you release a game it's got to please just about everyone.

People complain easily, bit praise rarely.

It's why good games now take years of development compared to before.
I don't buy into this at all. Pretty much all big developers have released multiple big games over the last 4 years, Rockstar are basically the only ones who are yet to come up with a single new title for this generation of consoles.

I don't really believe it's because they are afraid of bad scores. Even GTA4 which was an average game by their standards got 95% all across the board, the worst a new Rockstar game could do would probably be 80% or so which is still good and doesn't hurt their reputation. When even crappy iterations of Assassin's Creed get 80% and sell very well, there is basically zero danger.

It has to be about GTA5 still selling well and microtransactions going very, very strong in the Online mode. They won't release a new GTA game because it would not actually achieve anything - they would sell a lot of copies but their revenue from the online mode, which is more important, would still be very similar.