Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
a question
I'm in the second epilogue. I wanted to get here to be able to unlock the entire map, and I have no desire to continue with missions.
Once the game is over, where is the camp located?is still in Blackwater outskirts ?. is there something special to be unlocked at the end, or I can stay here ?(I want to hunt, kill and wander)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
a question
I'm in the second epilogue. I wanted to get here to be able to unlock the entire map, and I have no desire to continue with missions.
Once the game is over, where is the camp located?is still in Blackwater outskirts ?. is there something special to be unlocked at the end, or I can stay here ?(I want to hunt, kill and wander)
When the game is over your 'camp' is John's house. Have you built it yet? There's not much special to be unlocked but you're free to hunt, kill and wander as much as you like. You may as well finish it, surely?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
When the game is over your 'camp' is John's house. Have you built it yet? There's not much special to be unlocked but you're free to hunt, kill and wander as much as you like. You may as well finish it, surely?
Thanks. We just demolished the previous hut, but I've skipped many dialogues so I wasn´t sure.
Yes, I guess I'll finish it in moments of rest.
The story did not appeal to me very much but I love the part of being open world and going from one place to another.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thanks. We just demolished the previous hut, but I've skipped many dialogues so I wasn´t sure.
Yes, I guess I'll finish it in moments of rest.
The story did not appeal to me very much but I love the part of being open world and going from one place to another.
Building his house is great fun. I highly recommend not skipping that bit!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I bought the game last year. Haven’t even started it yet :lol:
I had it in the wrapper for around for about 5 months before I started it, should fire it up, great game.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Why would you buy a game and not play it for a year? If you waited a year, you could save a few quid and even buy the newer versions with DLCs when you are ready to play.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why would you buy a game not play it for a year? If you waited a year, you could save a few quid and even buy the newer versions with DLCs when you are ready to play.
That's what I normally do, but in this case I got really lucky and got it for £25 a few weeks after it came out. Otherwise i wait if I know I won't have time to play it.

MadMike

I had it in the wrapper for around for about 5 months before I started it, should fire it up, great game.
I know but I've got two overlapping and insurmountable problems. One, my gaming time is somewhat limited (mid-30s does that) and two... When I do game, it's one of the two online games I've been playing for years with the same group of friends. Gaming has been a social event for me for awhile now.

I'd have to take months off my online games to play single player RPGs like RDR, GoW etc. Last time I did that was for Skyrim.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I bought the game last year. Haven’t even started it yet :lol:
I was the same. It's a real slow burner which takes a bit of time to get "interesting", but once it does it's a really fun game.

I like how they've kept the comedy with certain characters you meet also - some real goofballs which make it's great fun.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’m stuck at 70% and pretty sure I will never finish it. All missions past 40-50% mark are basically nonsense, way too much shooting and you kill like 50 people every single mission. They created a great world but the whole game is not that interesting to me towards the end.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Finished the game, God Of War remains the best game of the year for me , although this game is a strong 9.

The story and character development and epic scenes you won’t forget. The story across the series is the GOAT for me. In terms of character Arthur is up there too. Attention to detail is mindblowing.

I would like to see what happened in the build up to Blackwater, they never really explained it. So maybe the next one can be another prequel, I would also like that as I don’t want to see these characters go, I want more!

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Finished the game, God Of War remains the best game of the year for me , although this game is a strong 9.

The story and character development and epic scenes you won’t forget. The story across the series is the GOAT for me. In terms of character Arthur is up there too. Attention to detail is mindblowing.

I would like to see what happened in the build up to Blackwater, they never really explained it. So maybe the next one can be another prequel, I would also like that as I don’t want to see these characters go, I want more!
Prequel would work well I think. Be nice to be involved in the fun times they always mention, and not the progressively getting worse times.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Finally got around to playing this.

Stayed back after Hosea to kill the Legendary Bear - kill it, almost dead. Proudly gallop off on my horse. Ride into tree. Dead.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Finally got around to playing this.

Stayed back after Hosea to kill the Legendary Bear - kill it, almost dead. Proudly gallop off on my horse. Ride into tree. Dead.
The skin will get sent to the trapper automatically if you die, so not all is lost.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, it saved fine. Enjoying it so far. Mechanics are a bit clunky at times but I’m enjoying the story element so far. Onto Chapter 3 now, I like Charles. Hate Dutch.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Arthur is a top 5 character for me over a lifetime of video games.
IMO he is the best. Character in the best games rarely have personality or character. Link is non-entity. Mario is a clown. Gordon Freeman doesn't have a personality either. Can't think of any truly great FF characters either. Rockstar have some great characters, but Arthur is easily the best.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Another minor fault I’ve picked up on.

The stranger/random encounters are really fun and I enjoy them but there was one I just did where I killed a few blokes and it said I could return a wagon (fine, was about to do it) but then there was a witness. Had to run a bit and kill them, not too far, but by the time I was back to the wagon it had disappeared. It was only around 10 seconds from leaving it to killing the witness to getting back to it and it was gone.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Another minor fault I’ve picked up on.

The stranger/random encounters are really fun and I enjoy them but there was one I just did where I killed a few blokes and it said I could return a wagon (fine, was about to do it) but then there was a witness. Had to run a bit and kill them, not too far, but by the time I was back to the wagon it had disappeared. It was only around 10 seconds from leaving it to killing the witness to getting back to it and it was gone.
Road bandits

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
IMO he is the best. Character in the best games rarely have personality or character. Link is non-entity. Mario is a clown. Gordon Freeman doesn't have a personality either. Can't think of any truly great FF characters either. Rockstar have some great characters, but Arthur is easily the best.
In terms of character depth and overall series story the only game that matches it for me is the Metal Gear series. I know I said RDR2 is the goat but thinking about it more I can't decide between the 2.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
In terms of character depth and overall series story the only game that matches it for me is the Metal Gear series. I know I said RDR2 is the goat but thinking about it more I can't decide between the 2.
The history of Solid Snake is way too technical and difficult to follow but given the delivery of the time line between games. Most people wouldn't even realise that snake in MGS 5 is not the same snake in MGS 4. They would just assume he's a younger version. Similarly, most wouldnt know that Eli from MGS 5, actually turns into Liquid (or is it Solidus) at a later time...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The history of Solid Snake is way too technical and difficult to follow but given the delivery of the time line between games. Most people wouldn't even realise that snake in MGS 5 is not the same snake in MGS 4. They would just assume he's a younger version. Similarly, most wouldnt know that Eli from MGS 5, actually turns into Liquid (or is it Solidus) at a later time...
Nah, that was Plasma Snake, Supercritical Fluid’s second cousin.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
MGS3 too had a different Snake :lol:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
MGS3 too had a different Snake :lol:
The redeeming quality of Solid Snake I guess is that he was effectively the cast off genetics of Big Boss that were perceived as weak or unnecessary yet he turns out to be the strongest of the three brothers. There's actually the opportunity to develop his story line through the blank period after MGS 5 by first joining the army and then training with big boss in the late 80's early 90's. I took would also love for them to remaster MGS 1 and 3.

kouroux

The redeeming quality of Solid Snake I guess is that he was effectively the cast off genetics of Big Boss that were perceived as weak or unnecessary yet he turns out to be the strongest of the three brothers. There's actually the opportunity to develop his story line through the blank period after MGS 5 by first joining the army and then training with big boss in the late 80's early 90's. I took would also love for them to remaster MGS 1 and 3.
Remastering MGS1 would be amazing, I also loved MGS3, I thought the Boss and her squad were such interesting characters and boss battles (specially the sniper battle with The End)

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
:lol: I get what you mean, for a casual gamer it's difficult to follow, if you're a proper MGS fan it all makes sense if you played every game and paid enough attention. MGS3 was a masterpiece in terms of story imo.

Bojan11

PC version supporting DX12 apparently looks it’s arriving later this year.

kouroux

I admire the courage of those of you who wanna replay this game so soon. I sold my copy, I'm not ready to tackle it anytime soon. It took a couple of years before TW3 and HZD again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I admire the courage of those of you who wanna replay this game so soon. I sold my copy, I'm not ready to tackle it anytime soon. It took a couple of years before TW3 and HZD again.
Gameplay is too tedious for me ever play it again. Sold my copy as well.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I'll probably play it again in a few months, esp if a pc version is coming out, it will be stunning. Gameplay isn't the best but I find the deadeye shooting quite fun, and I'll play it more for the graphics and story.