Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I've pre-ordered this yesterday for PC - it's always been a game that i've been interested in playing - GTA with cowboys? Yes please - never played it before as I'm a PC guy through and through. Can't wait!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I've pre-ordered this yesterday for PC - it's always been a game that i've been interested in playing - GTA with cowboys? Yes please - never played it before as I'm a PC guy through and through. Can't wait!
Nice!

I won't be getting the PC version because I don't see it as a very replayable game, but first time round it's fecking great.

Veeeery slow for the first five hours or so so bear with it until you get out of the snow.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I hope you don't have any pressing engagements over the next 3 months. It's astonishingly good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's beautiful on PS pro with 4k, I can only imagine how amazing it'll look on a decent spec PC.

As others have said it's quite a slow burner, but once you get out of the base camp it really opens up beatifully.

Ainu

Nice!

I won't be getting the PC version because I don't see it as a very replayable game, but first time round it's fecking great.

Veeeery slow for the first five hours or so so bear with it until you get out of the snow.
I thought it had little replay value as well but now, some 10 months after I finished it the first time around, I find myself drawn to it again. I just miss being in that world. I've installed it again and I think I'll just do story until chapter 2-3 and then keep the world in that state while I wander off and do random stuff. The first playthrough I felt pressed to progress the world state but chapter 2-3 is definitely the sweet spot for me. Everything just feels more optimistic and hopeful at that point.

I'd love to play this with some great mods but my pc would need heavy investment (probably a completely new one), which I can't really justify at the moment. So PS4 Pro it is.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Will play this again on PC, enough time has passed, it will be glorious.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Was talking to my mate about Outer Worlds and as someone who had never played Fallout he wasn't sure what to think of it. I think he needs to experience a special moment to appreciate it. Anyway, he mentioned how good an RDR/GTA style game from Rockstar, but in space would be. I definitely agreed that would be amazing, especially if it was on the level of RDR2 or even better.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Was talking to my mate about Outer Worlds and as someone who had never played Fallout he wasn't sure what to think of it. I think he needs to experience a special moment to appreciate it. Anyway, he mentioned how good an RDR/GTA style game from Rockstar, but in space would be. I definitely agreed that would be amazing, especially if it was on the level of RDR2 or even better.
I always thought some kind of combo of Freelancer and Wing Commander would be the shit. Freelancer was one of the first games I played in space that felt kinda open world-ish and imho flew under the radar a bit at the time.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Nice!

I’m double dipping with the PC version because I see it as infinitely replayable...if only because I’ll just wander around for hours on end in the mountains enjoying the scenery.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
112.5GB and several hours to go until I have another way to waste time I don’t have exploring the visuals and taking random pictures...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just picked this up again and played the mission where you have to retrieve circus animals -- thought this side quest was absolutely hilarious.

Awesome game.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Just picked this up again and played the mission where you have to retrieve circus animals -- thought this side quest was absolutely hilarious.

Awesome game.
I think I might return to it and go for the platinum trophy
Must be something in the air, I’ve just loaded this back up. I didn’t complete it first time round as I got drawn into Resident Evil 7 VR. I’d completely forgot how fantastic it is. Trying to catch the legendary fish at the minute.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Anyone got this on PC? How does it run?

Bojan11

After an extended break beginning in the spring of 2019, Dan Houser, Vice President, Creative at Rockstar Games, will be leaving the company. Dan Houser’s last day will be March 11, 2020. We are extremely grateful for his contributions. Rockstar Games has built some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful game worlds, a global community of passionate fans and an incredibly talented team, which remains focused on current and future projects.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Dunno about you but with any studio other than CD Project Red perhaps I find it better to wait to load up games as complex as these. Rockstar in particular has a tendency to patch the hell out of games for a long time after release.
Thought so too, it took some time for GTA to get upto speed.

Siorac

Dunno about you but with any studio other than CD Project Red perhaps I find it better to wait to load up games as complex as these. Rockstar in particular has a tendency to patch the hell out of games for a long time after release.
Even CD Projekt Red does it - hell, they added a completely new movement system for Geralt months after the release of The Witcher 3.

AaronRedDevil

When the shit are we getting single player dlc?
Knowing Rockstar. Never. They have gotten extremely lazy this gen. Last gen they made, Max Payne, LA Noire, Red Dead, and TWO GTA games. And two of them were brand new games series. Their main focused has been multiplayer this gen sadly. RDR2 deserves a single player dlc. Needs a Sadie Adler dlc.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Knowing Rockstar. Never. They have gotten extremely lazy this gen. Last gen they made, Max Payne, LA Noire, Red Dead, and TWO GTA games. And two of them were brand new games series. Their main focused has been multiplayer this gen sadly. RDR2 deserves a single player dlc. Needs a Sadie Adler dlc.
I was hoping the lack of interest in multiplayer would force their hand, but there's probably still enough interest to make bank.

A crazy hillbilly dlc would be good too. Like with Trevor, it would justify going mental.

Paxi

When the shit are we getting single player dlc?
Never mate. They're still concentrating on GTAV and RDR2 Online. I mean they didn't even bother patching GTAV for PS4Pro and Xbone X to get the game enhanced.

Paxi

There is so much potential there but the truth is, about quarter of the players never finished the game so I guess it doesn't make financial sense for them. Plus I'm sure they are already working on GTA6.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There is so much potential there but the truth is, about quarter of the players never finished the game so I guess it doesn't make financial sense for them. Plus I'm sure they are already working on GTA6.
This isn't Ed Woodward, surely they can work on multiple games at once. We also need some form of undead nightmare as well.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Dying to replay this but only 60 hours in to the Witcher 3 at the moment.

Love a 2nd play through, always do more exploring and there is so much to explore in RDR2 I feel.

Usually have to complete pretty quick so no spoilers. So 2nd time is a charm.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So, on account of having extra time on most people’s hands, anyone modded this up?

I see the obvious; a reshade, skip the intro. There’s an ‘Undead Nightmare 2‘ mod getting worked on as well I see.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Dying to replay this but only 60 hours in to the Witcher 3 at the moment.

Love a 2nd play through, always do more exploring and there is so much to explore in RDR2 I feel.

Usually have to complete pretty quick so no spoilers. So 2nd time is a charm.
I felt like I wanted to make the most of the first play through so absolutely rinsed exploration and side bits, as well as had my fill of hunting.

I kinda wanna play again but don't think there's much left for me.

Paxi

One of the best games I've ever played. I just got lost in it for hours on end. Amazing experience.

DVG7

Loaded this up for the first time, and I’m amazed.

is there anything that I absolutely must do in this game?

Paxi

Loaded this up for the first time, and I’m amazed.

is there anything that I absolutely must do in this game?
Just explore. Don't worry too much about completing missions and getting sidetracked -- it's actually one the most enjoyable parts of the game.