Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Saw some guy playing free roam on this (YouTube) - definitely getting this when I have some time on my hands.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is it me or is the Poker ridiculous? Either I have the worst luck or everyone I play against is blessed with the most ludicrous hand.

Got so vexed getting cleared out by those players at that station near the camp I chucked a dynamite at their table and took my money back, the pricks.
Hmm I've found it pretty good. I'm not great at poker but won the first game I had at camp and got the win 5 hands challenge easily.
I actually noticed Bill had a gung ho style and used it against him. He was way ahead for a while.

Jacob

Thought it was a game mode/online or some shit. Alrighty.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Spent three hours looking for the perfect Badger. Found only 1, 1 star.

This fecking game.

Borden

My game is really starting to lag at times for some reason, especially in cities. I'm in chapter four at the moment and everything has run completely smoothly until now. Also other bugs starting to appear, like the dialogue sound in mission video segments is sometimes missing (subtitles are still there), and the video segments sometimes freeze and I have to hold A to skip.

Anyone experiencing similar issues or have an idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Running an Xbox One X.
Anyone? I'm new to console so have no idea what this could potentially be or what I can potentially do, any tips appreciated.

The lag usually only comes in cities. It's not so bad it ruins the game for me, but it's an annoyance, especially since the game has been perfect until now.

b82REZ

I watched a whole show in St.Denis and the level of detail was insane. Its crazy to think they went to that kind of effort for something most people will completely skip.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Anyone? I'm new to console so have no idea what this could potentially be or what I can potentially do, any tips appreciated.

The lag usually only comes in cities. It's not so bad it ruins the game for me, but it's an annoyance, especially since the game has been perfect until now.
Does it happen from a clean start on shutdown, or is it something that develops over time? Is your Xbox well ventilated too?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I did it. Did the gold bar glitch one time. A cool 15k in my pocket. Now I can pay the stupid bounties freely and replace my poor horse. RIP.
I've never had an issue paying bounties off, or affording most things I want.

Seems like a shame to essentially cheat in this game.

Borden

Does it happen from a clean start on shutdown, or is it something that develops over time? Is your Xbox well ventilated too?
It seems to happen from a clean start, though only in cities.

Don't think it has to do with ventilation. The sudden loss of sound/dialogue and freezing cut scenes at times seems to suggest a software issue. But I have no idea what I can do to fix that, if anything. Maybe uninstall and reinstall? My game progress is still saved right?

Last edited:

Redlambs

It seems to happen from a clean start, though only in cities.

Don't think it has to do with ventilation. The sudden loss of sound/dialogue and freezing cut scenes at times seems to suggest a software issue. But I have no idea what I can do to fix that, if anything. Maybe uninstall and reinstall? My game progress is still saved right?
You'd be surprised what having it in a poorly ventilated entertainment unit (for example) can do. Have you tried googling it to see if anyone else has had these issues with this or any other game?

And I don't have an X, but usually when you uninstall a game the saves don't get deleted unless you specifically do them, I would check first though.

Borden

You'd be surprised what having it in a poorly ventilated entertainment unit (for example) can do. Have you tried googling it to see if anyone else has had these issues with this or any other game?

And I don't have an X, but usually when you uninstall a game the saves don't get deleted unless you specifically do them, I would check first though.
I do have it in an entertainment unit, but I've opened the cover because it made so much fecking noise because it got so warm, I thought that was enough (it hasn't made nearly as much noise since) but maybe you're right. I'll try removing it completely from that and having it out in the open. Can't try it until Thursday though because of work.

Redlambs

I do have it in an entertainment unit, but I've opened the cover because it made so much fecking noise because it got so warm, I thought that was enough (it hasn't made nearly as much noise since) but maybe you're right. I'll try removing it completely from that and having it out in the open. Can't try it until Thursday though because of work.
Well good luck! It's frustrating when you get issues with stuff like this, and worrying too when it's something so expensive. Hopefully you are right and it's just a re-install job :)

Bojan11

If it’s making noise then it’s not ventilated properly. I had the same issue and moved it. Since then it’s been quiet.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
fecking TB, man. You can gradually see Arthur’s health deteriorate within chapter 5 too.

Stactix

Is this something I can only do once the gun restriction goes?
Trying to free the guy from the basement but the doors are locked.

The padlock item, I don't think I've ever been able to use it?

Also, some of these random barns or houses that have their doors locked are these accessible at any point?
I found some nice colourful house with a statue of a cougar attacking a dear out side but can't enter.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Also, some of these random barns or houses that have their doors locked are these accessible at any point?
I found some nice colourful house with a statue of a cougar attacking a dear out side but can't enter.
Threaten to rob the gun store owner.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Gun store
No, I did it with the gun restriction. It still lets you aim weapon when you approach the owner.

Stactix

Threaten to rob the gun store owner.
Gun store
No, I did it with the gun restriction. It still lets you aim weapon when you approach the owner.
Hmm, I did do that. Went in brought some shit, saved. Pointed my gun and he just stared at me for about a minute then I moved around the counter and he ran out of the store with a rather high pitched voice
I wonder where he went? as no cops came :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hmm, I did do that. Went in brought some shit, saved. Pointed my gun and he just stared at me for about a minute then I moved around the counter and he ran out of the store with a rather high pitched voice
I wonder where he went? as no cops came :lol:
Strange.

Have you actually approached the outside where the guy is?
Maybe that needed to trigger it?

Dan

Just cracked some safes in a bank robbery, very satisfying.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Yeah, I heard about the gold bar glitch, tried it and immediately felt guilty and reloaded the previous save. It kind of breaks the game.

Dan

Any tips? I haven't even tried as it sounded like it was impossible to get away without a giant bounty.
It was a mission for Bill, went back into Valentine. Just rotated the safe dials slowly and after the fifth we all left, just a few men on horses chased us down but nothing too difficult. Made over $2000 on that mission.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: People really can't help themselves!
I'm wondering what I'll even spend my money on to be honest and I only have around a grand.
I've tamed a nice horse so will do that again if I need one. I've got most of the camp upgrades apart from the horse one which doesn't seem necessary, and the boat which has only just appeared and doesn't really seem worthwhile. I've bought all the clothes I want already.

The only way bounties would get out of control is by not taking the weight behind your actions 'seriously' enough.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Tried a mission about 5 times because the character I was with wouldn’t get on my horse, thought it was a glitch.

Turned out it was just because I had a bear skin on my horse and he wasn’t able to get on.

BUGGS

I was able to play this straight out of the case with no install & i've still not been asked to insert disc 2 yet (I'm nearing the end of chapter 4). On xbox one
Anyone else heard of something similar?

Last edited:

Eriku

It was a mission for Bill, went back into Valentine. Just rotated the safe dials slowly and after the fifth we all left, just a few men on horses chased us down but nothing too difficult. Made over $2000 on that mission.
I didn’t have the nerve to crack the last safe, as I wanted to leave rather than get ambushed for taking too long :lol:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’d like to know this too because at this point it’s not been profitable for me.

I tried to rob a train yesterday. Put my mask on, jumped onto from my horse, and then started robbing the folk inside at gunpoint. Was going well until the train guards turned up and started shooting at me. I managed to escape but racked up a bounty that was more expensive than my earnings from the robbery ffs.

I really wish there was an option to take a companion with you. Would make something like a bank heist more feasible if you had backup and not getting absolutely pasted by the entire town firing at you from all directions.
Hop on the train at Riggs station just as it’s moving off. Get to the front of the train and throw the driver out. Stop the train on the huge bridge - the cops won’t get you, they’ll be down below on the ground.

Rob the passengers, blow the safes open with dynamite and make good your escape along the bridge.

Remember to hide your face and change your clothes afterwards. The bounty will be about $80, but you can take a lot more than that.