Red Dwarf

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Series 6 was an absolute belter for me. In fact out of the first 6 series only series 5 was a bit lame in places for me, and even then only a tiny bit.

Once the Grant Naylor partnership ended it went to being an average show with only the odd quality episode like Krytie TV.

RedMist99

Space Corps Directive 7214 sir?: To perserve morale during long-haul missions, all male officers above the rank of First Technician must, during panto season, be ready to put on a dress and a pair of false breasts.

I'm sorry but I just don't see how that helpful now

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Did anyone else read the books?

The first two "red dwarf" and "better than life" were very funny. They borrowed heavily from a number of episodes obviously but they also expanded the universe to the extent where the stuff which was the same as the tv show took on an extra dimension.

The two authors then each brought out a separate 'third' book in which one stuck to the 'backwards' story direction from series 3 and the other guy went completely off in another direction in a book called 'last human'

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/red-dwarf-x-poster-unveiled

Red Dwarf is returning to UK screens very soon, with TV channel Dave releasing the first poster from the forthcoming series.

The one-sheet – which can be seen below – reveals that the new series will commence at 9pm on Thursday, October 4th.

Red Dwarf X will run for six episodes, with the titles as follows…

1 - Trojan

2 - Fathers and Suns

3 - Lemons

4 - Entangled

5 - Dear Dave

6 - The Beginning

And it looks like the show will be screening simultaneously on PBS in the States, although that is yet to be confirmed. Whatever the case, we'll be reviewing the episodes here, so check back for further updates.

OneUnited24

Back to earth wasn't too bad so I hold out hope! I mean the first ep was bad but it definately picked up!

Dobba

Press reviews of the first new episode all seem very positive and agree that the show is back to it's best.

The budget forced format of the Back to Earth mini-series made the show too different so I'm looking forward to seeing how well it works returning to a live studio audience.

Crustanoid

Did anyone else read the books?

The first two "red dwarf" and "better than life" were very funny. They borrowed heavily from a number of episodes obviously but they also expanded the universe to the extent where the stuff which was the same as the tv show took on an extra dimension.

The two authors then each brought out a separate 'third' book in which one stuck to the 'backwards' story direction from series 3 and the other guy went completely off in another direction in a book called 'last human'
I've read them a few times and can honestly say they're the best screen-to-book novels I have read

Regarding the series, you can't get the magic of 1-6 back but reuniting Grant and Naylor should pick things up

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The advert with the breast joke looked terrible so I gave it a miss. Worth catching on Dave Ja Vu?

Stemmy

Really expected this to bomb, but thought it was quite good.

First 10 mins could have been better, like it took a little while to get back into the swing of things but it really picked up after that. Quite good.

Not a classic ep by any stretch pretty good I got a couple of laughs

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I really loved this when it was first on (for the first few seasons before it turned really shit) and had very low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

I reckon this will be my generations Last of the Summer Wine.

It's no Arrested Development for sure but for a pretty broad sitcom it's better than an awful lot of the shit on now (the 30 minute televised abortion that is Mrs Brown's Boys for example).

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
About right duffer. I used to love it as a kid, but watching the old ones now, it is very broad. Not a bad episode though, there were some good lines.

nemanja nemagic

Lister came into the co-op where I work earlier in a trench coat and aviators.

You're in fecking corrie mate not Hollywood

RedMist99

Lister came into the co-op where I work earlier in a trench coat and aviators.

You're in fecking corrie mate not Hollywood
Don't go dissing Craig Charles, the mans CV is faultless!

Red Dwarf
Takeshi's Castle
Robot Wars
Coronation Street
BBC 6 Music
Monthly funk and soul night at Manchesters best nightclub.

The man can do no wrong in my eyes

Spoony

The People's President
It wasn't bad...but let's be honest, they should've left well alone. I loved Red Dwarf, a part of the appeal was the diversity of the characters, they were all so different...and consequently didn't particularly get along. Rimmer was a very bitter hate filled character, Lister was a cheeky slob and the Cat was just plain stupid. But it worked because they were all extremes of sorts, however, over the years they came to love each other and that spoiled the dynamics. Funnily enough their acting was much better and fresher back in the day and all... Don't get me wrong it was watchable, but it's lost its charm, which I guess shouldn't be surprising. And where's Holly?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I only caught the first 10 minutes as I had to pick my mother up from the train station but from what I saw my only criticism was the updated set to look a bit more high-tech took something away from it for me. At the same time though, I imagine I'd have been a bit disappointed if it still looked like it were stuck in the 90s though.

Ekeke

Well I got trolled by the episode name. I was wondering why someone would bother uploading a fake episode with a virus called trojan.mp4 . Turns out they didnt.